Only U

Littlest Thing

Only U

BGM : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8vHbhWxLGg

 

Seohyun stretches her sore arms and legs, before opening her arms widely welcoming the softly blowing wind into her body as the astonishing view of the alps greets her.. It feels like freedom.

This feels like freedom.

For her, freedom is a mysterious thing. She for once can’t really describe what freedom is since she was drilled to become an entertainer in such early age. She lives by a principle that she sets on herself, limiting herself in a way.

But things change… she does too.

She curves into a shy smile as she envelops her body into a hug. A hug to protect herself from the evident coldness.

She breathes out a smoke of white air, adjusting her ski attire properly when she feels her phone vibrating.

The name that she knows very well..

‘Dugeun.. dugeun’

“Oppa..” The name rolls down her tongue perfectly. Like it was meant to be.

“How are you?”

She feels her heart stop hearing it… his voice. His husky, emotional provoking voice… tugging on her heartstrings. Tearing her composure effortlessly.

“Great. The view is great.”

“Yep. The swiss is it?”

“Ne.” She digs the snow with the tip of her shoe.

There’s this moment of silence between them when the only sound they can hear from each other is the sound of their breathing but it’s weirdly comfortable. Like the sound of his breathing makes her feel as if he is standing next to her. Enjoying the same thing as her. His presence that she deeply longs for.

“I miss you…” He says breathlessly. She imagines he saying it right at her ear..

“Me too.. so bad.”

“I wish I could be there with you.”

“I wish for the same thing too, oppa.”

“Really? Then close your eyes.. is it windy there?”

Seohyun nods, instead of answering it… her eyes are shut tightly.

“You feel the wind right? It’s me trying to hug you.”

“Aye…”

“I’m serious, I can see you. You open back your eyes right?”

“Obviously.”

“Close it back.”

“Don’t want.” She giggles.

“Ahah. Don’t be rude to oppa and start enchanting me with your giggles. Close it.”

“Fine. Let’s see what magic you will produce this time.”

“You can hear the whistling of the wind?”

She nods..

“That is me whispering I love you.”

Seohyun curls her fingers… Jung Yonghwa is really a cheesy guy. Like really but then again she’s blushing madly right now. Feeling hot despite the cold weather.

“Don’t fall okay? I don’t want other man to be carrying you around.”

“Oppa..” Seohyun pauses for a second. “What are we? We called each other once in a while in random time. Now more frequent calls are coming from you.. and I just.. I just..”

“You just what?”

“I.. I’m scared.”

“Wae?”

“What if you stop calling me again… and I will be waiting for you like a pabo every night.”

“Call me first Hyun.. Call me first.”

“I’m afraid you already moved on oppa.”

“Don’t you ever think that I’m afraid of the same thing with you?”

“I.. This is tiring.”

“But this is us… this is what we work for.”

“I know.”

“I know that you know. That’s why I appreciate you more for this. But my feeling has yet to change. I love you.. so much you know? Even now, I feel like hugging you.. not wanting to release you from my arms.”

“You really miss me?”

“I do.. every single little thing about you.”

Seohyun look at the sky, inhaling back her withhold tears.

“Like..”

“Your lips against mine… your beautiful iris that I love, your child like smile.”

She closes her eyes, imagining… remembering the moment that he brushes his lips against her, kissing her eyelids… waking her up and when his thumb brush the corner of her lips asking her to stop stealing his heart.

“You there?”

“Childish.” She mutters being silently thankful that he won’t know about her blushing self.

“Jasshik, I haven’t finished yet.. I even miss your scent you know?”

“I change mine.” She teases him.

“I know. Vanilla right?”

“How you know?”

“I smell you… all the time without you knowing.”

“You sound like a stalker..”

“Who did this to me Hyun?”

“You.”

“Jasshik.” He pauses, as he closes the speaker to his phone for a while… hearing what the staff is saying. “Hyun..”

“Hmm?”

“I’ve got to go.”

“Now?” Her voice gives her away. The disappointment that’s evident on her face.

“Now.”

“Okay…”

“Okayy…”

“And oppa?”

“Ne..”

“Take care of yourself.”

“You too… Till next time.”

“Till.. next time.”

Seohyun holds onto her phone, letting it sit on her palm as it presses her ears. As if she doesn’t want their conversation to end.

They know well not to use the word goodbye… because the hope that they have within them will be diminished by the cold word called ‘Goodbye’

A word that used to describe separation… but they don’t believe in that.

They believe in the hope that someday… sometime… they will be in each other arms. Where they were supposed to be. Despite the fleeting memories, the heartaches that they are facing with each other workloads.

The various opposite gender co workers that they are paired up with. The façade of not knowing each other was put on whenever they crosses their eyes… their heart knew the owner the best. How it beats wildly with every passing second they passes path.

The longing in their hearts.

The carving of names in their hearts.

Seo Joohyun.

Jung Yonghwa.

Silently, Seohyun stares at the loving couple skiing together… thinking to herself of how perfect the moments are when she’s with Yonghwa. She knows she might sound pathetic but she loves him and she’s going to wait for him until the moment comes when she can be called his in public.

Just like that, she picks up the wooden pencil and the small white note on the counter and started to write a simple sentence. A sentence to her lyrics..

“Your soft voice rings in my ear.”

 

 

 

 

 

“When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far, no time is too long, no love can break them apart.”

-Anonymous-





Author's Note

Very simple story. If ever i have the chance to write another one shot i will be back with fluff. LOL