I Love Him

My Dear Husband
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

I didn't remember how i got in the hospital. I was so blank, when i arrived i saw our family from both sides already gathering in there. I shutted my mouth, i didn't know what to say as i waited for Woohyun in front of the surgery room. I didn't know what to do because it was always Woohyun who did everything for me. After waiting for hours, a doctor came out and told me that news. My husband passed away, Woohyun was gone. He didn't die because of that accident but because he got heart attack. When i knew the fact, i was busy giving moral support to Woohyun's mother and my parents. They were so shocked. There was no a single tear that escaped from my eyes. I calm my mother-in-law, i didn't even bother to get sad. My children were so devastated, they hugged me tightly as they called their father, but it didn't even make me sad or cry at all.

 

 

When they brought his body to cemetery house and i sat in front of him, i just mindlessly stared at his face. And i realised that was the first time i saw him looked so peacefull in his sleep. I came closer and stared at him deeply, his pointy nose, his thick and pretty lips, his jaw line, and at his stiff body. That moment my heart felt suffocated when i remember everything that Woohyun had done and given to me in our ten years as married couple.

 

I touched his cold face slowly and i realized that was the first time i touched Woohyun's face that used to be plestered with his warm smile.

 

Tears were on my eyes, blurring my sight. I sobbed hard, tried to wiped the tears that started to fall from my eyes, so it won't blocked my sight when i looked at him. I wanted to remember every parts of his face so every sweet memories about him won't be forgotten by me. I thought i could stop my tears by doing that but i was wrong, i cried even more. I tried to hold it, but my heart hurt so much when i remember how talked to him in our last conversation.

 

 

I remember how i had never pay attention to Woohyun's health. I didn't even manage his meals, meanwhile he had always managed mine. He always pay attention on my vitamins and every meds i should take especially when i was pregnant. He always remind me to eat on time, even sometimes Woohyun would feed me when i didn't have appetite to eat. I never knew what Woohyun had eaten because i never asked him. I didn't even know what he likes and dislikes about food. Our families knew it well that Woohyun was a fan of ramyun and black coffee. My heart was hurt so much when i knew, probably he ate ramyun because i almost never cooked for him. I only cooked for myself and our kids. I didn't care if Woohyun had eaten yet or not when he's back from his work. He could only eat my cooking when it had leftover. Woohyun always come home late because his office was quite far from our home. I never respond his wish to move in somewhere that close to his office because i didn't want to be distanced with my friends who lived nearby.

 

 

At Woohyun's funeral, i couldn't hold myself. I passed out when i saw his coffin disappear and buried between the soil. I didn't know anything, when i woke up i was in my bed. I woke up with a huge regretness inside my heart. My whole family urged me to move on but it was useless, because they would never know how hurt my heart was when Woohyun went away from me.

 

 

 

 

I started my activity after Woohyun left, i thought when he's gone i could get my freedom back. But this is not what i wanted, in fact i wanted to be with Woohyun again, i was stucked with that feeling. Few days after Woohyun passed away, i stared blankly at my empty plate. My mom, dad and my mother-in-law tried persuading me to eat. But the only thing i remembered was how Woohyun always persuaded me to eat when i was sulking at him. When i took a shower and forgot to bring my towel along with me, I called out Woohyun's name like how i always do, but my mom came instead of him with my towel. I sat lifelessly on the floor inside my bathroom and cried, wishing that it was him who gave me my towel. My habit which calling Woohyun when i couldn't do something at home, made my friends got confused when they recieved my call. Every night i waited for Woohyun in our bedroom and hope when i woke up on the next morning, I could see Woohyun lying beside me like how he used to do.

 

 

Back then, i was so pissed off everytime i heard Woohyun's snoring, but now i always waken up every midnight because i miss how he sounded. I used to be angry because Woohyun was so messy when he slept in our bed, but now it felt so empty without him there. I used to be annoyed when Woohyun used my computer and forgot to log out, but now i stared at my computer, rubbing the keyboard and wishing that i could feel the trace of his fingerprints in there. Before, i didn't like it when Woohyun made his coffee without a coaster, bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter