2/2

Halloween Bets

Luhan stared through the window of the car, observing the pulsing lights and crowd of people with worried eyes. Baekhyun bumped their shoulders together with a smile.

“Don’t worry, you look hot.” Baekhyun winked, laughing when Luhan just glared at him.

“That’s what I’m worried about.” Luhan complained, “What if they think I’m a girl? What if some guy tries to make the moves on me?”

“Just clear your throat and run.” Jongdae offered as he searched for a parking spot, “Your voice will throw them off and you can escape.”

Luhan raised an eyebrow at Jongdae, “You sound like you have experience.”

“Saw some cross-dressing guy do it a while ago at my cousin’s club. Threw me off too.” Jongdae replied, parking.

“Wait, why were you at your cousin’s club in the first place?” Tao asked, confused.

“Not important.” Jongdae replied as soon as the car had stopped, “We’re here.”

Luhan grimaced at the thought of having to go in dressed the way he was. “Can I go home?”

“Nope,” Jongdae replied, getting out of the car, “you have to stay until midnight at the least.” Jongdae opened the door for Luhan and helped him out of the car, Luhan latching onto his arm desperately as soon as he was standing.

A cat call came from towards the house. “Ooh, Jongdae, you got a playtoy? Is it alright if I can play a little?” One of the more popular students winked at Luhan, his lips. Luhan buried his head into Jongdae’s arm, flushing bright red of embarrassment.

Jongdae laughed, “She’s off-limits, this is my cousin from America. You touch her, my parents will kill me.”

The group awed in disappointment. “But she’s such a doll.”

“A doll that’s too far outta your price range.” Baekhyun shot back, glaring to really send the message.

The guy who had spoken rolled his eyes, and the group walked into the house. Luhan raised his head slowly.

“That was mortifying.” Luhan announced, blush just starting to die down on his cheeks. He was still clinging to Jongdae’s arm, and didn’t seem to have any intention of letting go anytime soon.

“Princess, you’re making me lose circulation in my arm.” Jongdae said, and Luhan let go, feeling a bit awkward and shy.

“Awh, c’mere Lulu.” Minseok said, and Luhan shuffled over to the elder male, grasping his arm instead. “I’m sorry. Jongdae’s a jerk.”

“Hey!” Jongdae protested. Luhan laughed.

“He’s stupid too.” Luhan agreed.

“A stupid jerk,” Minseok said aloud, “sounds about right.” The group of friends laughed as they walked into the house, Jongdae loudly protesting his new title the entire time.

Luhan scanned the inside. Some people were passed out drunk, the smell of drugs and alcohol permeated the air, and the music was so loud Luhan could feel the vibrations through his shoes. He stared at the people dancing, grinding up against each other.

Minseok dragged him around for a bit, introducing him to people and talking non-stop. It was times like these when Luhan remembered that his friends weren’t like him, they had actual friends outside of the usual three of Luhan, Jongdae, and Minseok. While Luhan only had acquaintances other than the two, Jongdae and Minseok had wide social circles and many people to talk to at places like this.

Which is why Luhan told Minseok to go ahead and talk to some more people without him. His inner introvert was getting exhausted because of all the new faces. Luhan took a seat on an empty couch and curled up in the corner, making sure that he wasn’t flashing anyone.

‘ skirts.’ He thought bitterly, massaging his aching feet. ‘And heels too.’

A making-out couple landed on the couch next to him and Luhan attempted to scramble further into the couch.Another person sat on the couch arm that Luhan had been leaning on and Luhan decided to abandon the couch.

Luhan wandered aimlessly for a bit, starting to get a handle on how to walk in the heels. He squeezed past people grinding up on each other and scurried away from anyone who tried to rub themselves up on him.

Eventually he found himself in the kitchen. Luhan breathed in and grimaced at the strong scent of weed. He walked over towards the drinks, frowning on finding that they were all alcoholic. Luhan sighed and shrugged, taking a solo cup full of beer and taking a small sip, scrunching his nose up at the taste.

“Hey baby girl.” Luhan heard, and it took him a moment to realize that whoever it was was talking to him. Luhan turned and was met with the sight of one of the football players he didn’t know the name of.

“Um, hi?” Luhan replied, moving away slightly. The other moved closer, and this game of tag continued until Luhan was cornered.

“So what’s your name, sugar?” The man asked, smirking. Luhan leaned away.

“Can you get off of me, please?” Luhan asked, uncomfortable. He wished that Minseok or Jongdae was here, and immediately regretted having told Minseok to go on his own.

“Why? Don’t you like me here?” The man leaned in even more, letting Luhan smell the alcohol on his breath.

“Um, no. Please get off.” Luhan repeated, placing his hands on the man’s chest to try to push them off.

The man grabbed Luhan’s hands, taking another step in closer. “Sorry for you, but I like it here.” The man started leaning in, obviously going for a kiss. Luhan squeezed his eyes shut, leaning away as far as the counter behind him would allow, and waited for the contact that he so desperately didn’t want.

It never came. Luhan’s eyes shot open when the hands holding his let go and saw Sehun, dressed as the joker and looking absolutely perfect, holding the guy by the back of his neck, having obviously just pulled him off.

“Oi, stop trying to the poor girl.” Sehun smacked the back of the guy’s head. “Idiot, you’ll end up going to jail.”

The guy laughed. “I was just messing around.”

“Yeah well, go find someone more willing to mess with your gross face.” Sehun pushed him away and turned to Luhan. “Sorry about that. Jonghyun gets a little touchy.”

“It’s okay... I guess.” Luhan mumbled. He looked up at Sehun through the bangs of the wig. “Thanks for saving me.” He said quietly.

Sehun let out a small smile. “It’s fine. Hey, do you go to my school? You seem familiar...”

“Um, no.” Luhan stammered. “I’m Jongdae’s cousin.”

“Oh, huh. I could swear I’ve seen your face before.” Sehun said, fixing Luhan with a look the made the smaller boy flush.

“Jongdae says that I look like one of his friends.” Luhan replied quietly, “Maybe that’s why?”

“Oh, I know who it is.” Sehun replied. Luhan perked up slightly. “You look like Luhan, that’s why you seem familiar.”

Luhan flushed even more. ‘He remembers me!’ “Yeah, I think that’s who Jongdae said. How...How do you know him?”

“He’s in my English class.” Sehun said, smiling a bit more. “He’s really smart, and nice.”

Luhan flushed more. “He... He sounds like a really great person.” Luhan couldn’t believe it, he was talking to Sehun about himself. And Sehun seemed to actually like him!

Sehun eyed him in a way that made Luhan’s heart start to beat even faster. “Yeah...” Sehun muttered, taking a step closer. “He is... Really pretty too.”

Luhan’s eyes fluttered shut as Sehun’s lips met his, softly pressing together. Luhan’s arms winded around Sehun’s neck as Sehun wrapped his hands around Luhan’s waist. The kiss began to get more heated and Sehun’s hands started to wander.

Luhan’s eyes snapped open as one started to make its way to his chest. He had to stop this before Sehun found out that Luhan wasn’t really a boy. Luhan ripped his lips from Sehun’s hesitantly, grabbing Sehun’s hand and pushing it off.

Sehun wasn’t particularly thrown off and attached himself to Luhan’s neck, harshly.

“We... We have to s-stop-” Luhan cut himself off with a soft moan as Sehun reached a sensitive spot.

“Why?” Sehun mumbled against the boy’s neck. Luhan thanked god that Sehun somehow hadn’t noticed his adam’s apple, which he hadn’t tried to cover.

“B-Because...” Luhan trailed off and Sehun detached himself from Luhan’s neck to finish the thought, taking a moment to admire the hickey he had made.

“Because you’re afraid I’ll realize that you’re not Jongdae’s cousin at all? Because you don’t want me to realize that you’re actually Luhan in drag?” Sehun smirked, raising his eyebrows, and Luhan flushed even further.

“W-what... how did you-”

“You weren’t trying very hard to hide it, hyung.” Sehun teased, pecking Luhan’s lips.

Luhan attempted to pull himself together enough to talk properly. “Then why didn’t you-”

“Stop?” Sehun cut him off again. Luhan nodded. “Because.” Sehun pulled Luhan into a hug. “I like you too.”

Luhan blinked. There is no way that this all worked out so well for him. “I’m hallucinating, aren’t I?”

Sehun pulled away, confused. “What?”

Luhan repeated his thoughts to Sehun, who in turn laughed. “You’re not. In fact, give me your phone.” Luhan pulled it out and Sehun took it, typing away on the screen.

Sehun handed it back, and Luhan saw that he now had a new contact. Sehun. A text had been sent, and Luhan watched as Sehun pulled out his phone to show that he had sent himself a text, therefore getting Luhan’s phone number as well.

“I’ll text you tomorrow and prove it.” Sehun smirked, leaning in and kissing Luhan again.

“And I have to admit,” Sehun muttered as the two kissed, “you look good like this, but I think I prefer you as a boy.”

Luhan pulled away, pouting. “It wasn't like it was my choice! I lost a bet to Jongdae and he made me.”

Sehun chuckled, pulling the other flush against him. “Remind me to thank Jongdae later then.”

The two continued to kiss until they were interrupted by a loud clearing of someone’s throat. They simultaneously pulled away, looking to Minseok, who had a very accomplished look on his face.

“I knew you two would get together.” Minseok announced. Luhan flushed again as Sehun laughed.

“This was partly your doing too, huh?” Sehun asked, smirking still.

“You could say so. Anyways, Luhan, we’re heading out. You coming or you gonna stay here with your prince charming?” Minseok asked.

Luhan glanced between them. “My stuff is at Jongdae’s house, so I’m gonna head out, okay Sehun?”

Sehun shrugged. “Alright, fine. Text you tomorrow then?”

Luhan nodded, smiling softly. “Yeah.” They kissed once again before Luhan left the embrace of Sehun’s arms and walked out with Minseok.

“So,” Minseok said, “you and Sehun, huh?”

Luhan hit his arm. ”Shut up.”


Luhan woke up to the sound of his phone recieving a text message. He rolled over and picked up his phone, unlocking it with a swipe and looking at the text through squinted eyes.

Delivered: 9:07 AM
From: Sehun
Told you it wasn’t a dream ;)


A/N: So there's the end! I might make a sequel/version at some point when I get my own computer back (my brother and dad kept looking over my shoulder so). I was actually thinking about making this a , but I've never written one before and I'm not even good at writing makeouts so... maybe it'll happen at some point. I hope you all enjoyed!