1/2

Halloween Bets

"Touchdown by Wu! Another great play, scoring 6 points for the Jaguars." The announcer boomed over the screaming of the high schoolers in the bleachers.

Luhan stood among them, yelling his support. Truthfully, he knew next to nothing about football, or really any sports other than soccer. Despite his chronic disinterest in the sport and obvious lack of understanding of the sport, he ended up coming to every game, whether it was at his school or another one.

His large eyes searched the field, having lost sight of the one focus he had. Luhan smiled slightly when he saw him highfiving number 97, Wu Yifan, or Kris.

The one reason he came jogged away from the taller man.

Number 62.

Oh Sehun.

Sehun could be a huge jerk, honestly. He and his friends were the troublemakers, the ones who barely scraped by and bothered the teachers to no end. And Sehun's constant poker face and sharp tongue combined with a blatant lack of respect could and has pissed Luhan off to no end.

Then Luhan worked on a project with him.

It was AP English, a class requiring endless amounts of essays and decoding Shakespearean language. It was mentally exhausting and Luhan almost always slept through his next class (Biology) but the discussions about morals and different views of books never failed to fascinate the small male.

Sehun and Luhan had been paired up to do a project on A Winter's Tale by Shakespeare, one of his lesser known plays but Luhan's favorite after The Tempest, and the reason why it was difficult to categorize as a tragedy or a comedy.

Luhan was entirely prepared to do all of the work on his own as was per usual when it came to projects in this class. Luhan seemed to be the only one who actually took any interest in the class. Mostly due to the fact that he was a huge Shakespeare nerd.

Luhan could name 10 plays in less than a minute and recite a line from each as well; given more time, he could recite the names and a line from every single play Shakespeare ever wrote.

But Sehun had proved to be a pleasant surprise. Not only did he help with the project, he played a major role in finishing it. Sehun was actually intelligent and gave many points Luhan didn't even think of. They had gotten an A+ on the project and promptly never paid any attention to each other.

Well, Sehun didn't.

Luhan was curious and captivated by the intelligent football player. He glanced at the taller in the hallways, sometimes gazing at him for longer than necessary and running away while feeling awfully like a creepy stalker. He saw Sehun ditching football practice to study for a test. Sehun doing his homework as his friends drank alcohol. Sehun asking a teacher for help and staying after class to work on it.

Luhan tried not to be creepy, but he felt it was a bit too late for that.

It hit him one day as his friends about always looking for Sehun like a lovesick puppy.

Luhan had a crush on Sehun.

Hence began the perfect attendance to football games and much shorter stolen glances at Sehun (due to a fear of being seen and thought of as weird, Luhan tended to run away more often now than when he first started).

It was Halloween night, a Friday, and of course there was a football game. Luhan had dragged along Jongdae and Minseok in order to not be alone in the crowd. The two were really Luhan's only friends due to his unrelenting introverted tendencies. Luhan could lie and say that he wasn't also hoping for his friends to forget about a certain bet he lost a month ago in the midst of the game, but that would be so far from the truth it was sad.

Jongdae had mentioned a Halloween party he wanted to go to after the game, and Minseok had agreed. Luhan wasn't nearly as keen on the idea. Huge crowds people crammed into one house as alcohol and drugs are consumed in large amounts, not to mention the deafening music and -in-clothes dancing, wasn't exactly Luhan's idea of a good time. Unfortunately, his friends thought differently.

Luhan cheered as Sehun ran the last touchdown of the 4th quarter, winning the game 35-7.

"And of course we won again." Jongdae rolled his eyes. Jongdae hated the jocks entirely, and therefore despised the sport even more.

"Well, now we can go to that party you wanted to go to." Minseok prompted, and a devious light appeared in Jongdae's eyes.

Luhan eyed him warily, "I dunno, I'm kinda exhausted. I might just go home."

"Oh no you don't," Jongdae said, grabbing Luhan's collar as he tried to walk away, "don't think I haven't forgotten about that bet you lost."

The color drained out of Luhan's face. "You wouldn't actually..."

"But I would, and I will, and I already have. C'mon, Baekhyun and Tao are waiting at my place. Minnie, your costume is there already." Jongdae said as he dragged Luhan out of the stadium.

"Awesome." Minseok smiled, following the two out.


“Remind me why I agreed to that bet again?” Luhan asked as Baekhyun applied eyeliner to the former’s face.

“Because you’re a stupid .” Jongdae laughed as he helped Minseok put on the zombie makeup.

“Almost done, Lulu. Just lemme wing this line and...” Baekhyun smiled in approval. “Voila!”

Luhan opened his eyes and was shocked at what he saw. Baekhyun had applied less than Luhan had thought, or at least, less obviously than Luhan expected. A blonde curly wig was on his head, having been put on earlier, and he looked almost exactly like a girl.

“Woah, you actually look like a chick.” Minseok mumbled as he eyed his best friend, cutting at some latex on his neck to make a wound.

“I always knew you’d make a great female,” Tao smirked, “now we just have to get you into the costume.”

Luhan groaned as he was tugged away to change. Baekhyun smiled.

“Sehun’s gonna be at the party, isn’t he?” The diva asked, raising his eyebrows at Jongdae.

“Of course he’s gonna be at the party,” Jongdae smirked as he applied fake blood to Minseok’s neck, “it’s at his house.”

Baekhyun shook his head in disbelief, a small smile on his face. “Luhan’s gonna hate you.”

“Only after he and Sehun stop making out, of course.”

“Of course.”


Luhan tugged at the skirt, hoping that somehow fidgeting with it would magically make it longer. Tao smacked at his hands.

“Stop that ge, you’ll stretch the fabric.” Tao scolded.

“That’s kinda the point.” Luhan shot back. Tao had somehow gotten him into an Alice in Wonderland costume, something Luhan would surely try to forget for the rest of his life. Especially how it fit him nicely and didn’t look half bad. It was light blue with a white apron, large black buttons in a square on the apron. A large black bow circled his waist, and the very edge of the dress was black-and-white striped with the tulle peeking out at the bottom.

“Now put these on and sit down, we have to get the shoes on you.” Tao shoved some elbow-length black gloves and a black headband with a bow to his chest and went into his walk-in closet to retrieve the shoes that came along with the costume.

Luhan huffed as he plopped down onto the mattress and slipped on the gloves, frowning. He didn’t want to touch the wig for fear of messing it up and being yelled at by Baekhyun. Besides, getting it in was painful enough, bobby pins continually being stabbed into his head in order to keep the fake hair from falling off his head.

Tao walked out with the boots in hand, and Luhan’s eyes widened. “No.” Luhan said immediately, scrambling back. “No way in well. I’ll break my ankle.”

“C’mon, it’ll be fine. Get over here or I’ll tell Baekhyun you called his eyeliner stupid.” Tao threatened, holding the knee-high heeled boots in front of him. Luhan cautiously scooched forward. As soon as he was close enough, Tao reached out and grabbed him, dragging him to the edge.

Tao dropped to his knees, shoving Luhan’s feet into the boots and zipping them up. Tao had luckily gotten the right size, and he helped Luhan up as he stood. Tao took the headband from Luhan and put it on the latter’s head, arranging the wig after doing so.

Luhan stood on shaky legs until he got used to the sudden added height. Tao offered his arm and Luhan took it, taking a few tiny steps as he tried to get used to the shoes. He grimaced.

“These are so weird! Why do girls wear these?” Luhan complained.

“Because guys find them y.” Tao shrugged. “I’ll help you around, but I’m ditching you once we reach the party. I’ve got a dragon boy to seduce.” Tao smirked.

Luhan sighed, “I really shouldn’t have expected more from you.”

Tao shrugged. “Let’s head downstairs, ge. We can wait for the others there.” Tao had put on his costume a while earlier, a skin-tight ninja costume that was really more like a too-small unitard than anything else.

They made their way to the stairs slowly, Luhan still unconfident with walking in the 6-inch stilts. Tao allowed for the older top hold onto his arm. Luhan’s eyes widened when they reached the stairs.

“I don't think I can-” Luhan was cut off as he shrieked. Tao picked up Luhan, holding him as if the deer-eyed male was a princess, and walked down the stairs. Luhan clung to Tao, eyes wide with terror. He smacked the latter as soon as he was on solid ground again.

“Don’t do that so randomly! You nearly gave me a heart attack!”

“Getting old, ge? First you need help with walking, know you’re getting heart attacks?” Tao chuckled.

“You are perfectly aware that both of those things are entirely your fault.” Luhan shot back, collapsing onto the couch with a glare towards Tao.

Tao tsked as he sat down. “Don’t open your legs, everyone can see your underwear.” Luhan blushed and snapped his legs closed. Tao smirked and Luhan shoved him.

“Oh shut up you stripper.” Luhan mumbled.


“Let’s go.” Baekhyun cheered, his strangely realistic skeleton costume surprising Luhan. Chen was some anime character named Hisoka who none of them knew of, and Minseok was a zombie.

Luhan frowned. “I hate you guys.”

“Your fault.” Jongdae sang, laughing at his friend’s misery, “But seriously you look just like a girl. I feel kinda y.”

“Shut up.” Luhan muttered, thinking of all the ways to murder Jongdae as soon as he got home. The five of them piled into Jongdae’s car and they headed out to the party.


A/N: so that's it for now, I think I'll upload the next part tomorrow.

This is what Luhan looks like as a female:

178921_538874882793947_1070042542_n1.jpg

So pretty!!!! and this is his costume:

charming-alice-costume.jpgdidn't mean for that to be so big oops

I don't own either of these pics, all credit to the owners of these, I just found them on google XP

anyways yeah I hope you enjoyed! See you all later :*