The Loss

A reminder for you
Losing your mother’s love was not the worst thing that could happen to you because then, you would surely find someone else to replace her even though the love you would feel isn’t the same. What would you feel if everyone around you were against you? What would you do? I was left to be on my own, to fend myself without the help of anyone, not even my family. I do have a mother and a brother. Just like the story I told you before, my mother no longer love me. But then again, I still have my brother right? Of course, again, I was wrong. He wouldn’t want to be with me. He didn’t even want to get involve with me. The first time he rejected me, I didn’t fully understand why. I thought he must be pissed off because I had done something wrong. But that was not the case. Apparently, rumours had started to spread saying that I was the cause of my father’s death. They said that I brought bad luck to my family. After my father’s death, the company he worked hard for had been in a bad state. I guess misfortune really loved our family as problems came to us like how the rain pours t to the earth, a heavy rain that is. I guess my brother believed the rumours. If not, he wouldn’t call me an outcast, stupid or even accused me for bringing misfortune to our family. Sometimes I even believed what they say. Maybe I did bring the misfortune. My brother too started to change. Because our mother’s not there for us, he started to stay out late. He always came back late at night. Sometimes I even smell the alcohol reeking from his body. At that time, I was eleven when he really started to change. He was a teenager after all. All teenagers are almost the same. At some point, they would start to rebel to get attention but poor him, our mother would never glance even the slightest even if he rebel. All he would feel was hurt, just like how I always felt. You know something brother, if you ever read this story which I doubt you will, I just wanted to tell you one thing, even if mother don’t love you, I’m still here for you. I love you with all my heart. I’m sure father was the same. He loves you dearly. If you had problem, you could come to me. I’ll always be there even if you hated me. I love you brother and will always do. Again, I doubt that you would do that. Who would want to get associated with someone like me right? Because of all this things, I turned into a quiet kid. Sometimes I even became paranoid. I even thought that I must have gone crazy. Every time I walked through the hallway of my school, I started to think that there was something following me, like there was this dark force trying to me and get me into troubles. I started to look out for any danger. My schoolmates called me crazy and I must say, maybe you are right, I might be crazy. But I know, for some reason, my mother wouldn’t allow me to be sent to the mental hospital. Lucky right? Like I said before, she wanted to maintain her reputation. Having a crazy son would only ruin it.