Tea and Toast

Tea and Toast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Heyyyyyy Guyssss!

The bold texts represent the lyrics taken from this song!

This is my 2nd fic, and I plan to make it a 2 shot if you guys request for it XD

 PLEASE REMEMBER TO LEAVE A COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE AND UPVOTE! XD

 

 

 

It was 18th April 1989, and Jung Yunho was sitting by the hospital bed next to his wife, Jung Boa. They had both been looking forward to the birth of their daughter for a long while, but the birth had taken a toll on Boa's weak body.

 

Yunho grasped his wifes hand and held it for dear life, his eyes becoming watery as his wife became more lifeless. The birthing was a success, but the doctor came to Yunho with documents in his hands,

 

"Your daughter was born successfully, however her birth was far too fast....." He trailed off at the end.

 

"What does that mean doctor?" Yunho was becoming more anxious as he still kept a hold on his wifes hand.

 

"...... it means that, although your daughter is healthy, your wife is not....." The nurse came after cleaning the new-born baby, and handed the baby girl to Yunho.

 

Yunho was holding the fragile girl in one arm, while holding his dying wifes hand in the other.

 

"I'm going to call you Jessica.... the name she wanted to call you...... at least once before she left...." He whispered as a tears streamed silently down his face.

 

As baby Jessica took her first breath, her mother took her last.

 

Yunho knew that it wasn't Jessica's fault that Boa had passed away. Yunho and Boa were looking extremely forward to the new addition to their family, but instead, Jessica was more of a substitution than an addition, and Yunho never quite looked at Jessica the same after that.

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

Jessica grew up not spending too much time with her father. The only time she spends with him was silently, when he would make her tea and toast every morning before school, or when he comes home from work late.

Yunho never spoke to Jessica much about his wife, or spoke to Jessica much at all to be completely honest. It's not that he didn't want to, but he never had words to say. He's a man of little words afterall, and Jessica has also inherited that trait.

But when Jessica is feeling down, or when she would asks her dad what her mothet was like, Yunho would say to her what Boa used to say to Yunho when he himself was upset. He would usually start by saying "Your mother used to say this to me when times are rough".

 

"When the skies are looking bad my dear and your heart's lost all its hope.

After dawn there will be sunshine and all the dust will go.

The skies will clear, my darling. I'll wake up with the one I love the most

and in the morning, I'll make you up some tea and toast."

 


Then Yunho would smile lightly to her, before placing 2 pieces of Toast and some Earl Grey's Vanilla tea in front of Jessica to start off her morning on a lighter note. After hearing her mothers words again, Jessica's day would always seem to be better than usual.

 

--------------------------------------------

 

They originally lived in London in England, in a very expensive and priveledged street called Downing street, a few doors away from the Prime minister.

Jessica was 18 years old now, and she is currently in Harvard University studying medicine to be a doctor. Her father passed away when she was 16, so she was taken in by her cousin, Nicole's, family in America.

Jessica's father was her one and only true family, and he died from a brain tumour that developed possibly from too much stress ever since his wife died.

At his funeral, Jessica promised that she would help people to live longer, to save them from dying earlier than they should, like her own mother and father. She kept her word, and is studying her off. She was always a bright student, she worked diligently before to try and impress her father, but Yunho would always be too busy with work and bills to realize. Now Jessica has a new motivation, to help others, while always keeping in mind her mothers words.

---------------------------------------------------

Jessica was studying in the library of the university, when Taeyeon and Hyoyeon came along.

"Hey Sica! There's gonna be a party up at Yoona's place tonight! Come and join us! It's been so long since we've done anything fun together!" Hyoyeon whispered to her before seating on Jessica's left, while Taeyeon was seated at her right. These 2 were same aged cousins by the way. They were known as The Kims a.k.a Trouble.

*rolls eyes* "Guys! you know I have to revise for the test next month!" Jessica glared at the pair of them, annoyed at their layed back attitudes.

"Awwww Sica-yah! We've known you since you were 6! We've been there for your times of need, why can't you be there for us?" Taeyeon pouted at her.

It's true, the Kim's always supported Jessica and have always been there for her when she was upset. They supported her by moving to America with her and their own families, and they supported her when planning for her fathers funeral and they always had a way to make her smile.

 

*groans* "Alright, pick me up at my cousin's place then." Jessica gave in regretfully.

 

"YES!" The Kims yelled out, forgetting they were supposed to be silent in the library.

"You 3! Get out of the library! You're too loud and you 3 are disrupting other students' education!" The librarian shouted across the library to the Kims and Jessica.

 

*Groans loudly* "You're gonna be the death of me Kim midgets!" Jessica muttered under her breath, loudly enough for the 2 to hear. They gulped and made a swift run for it after exiting the library, before bursting into a laughing craze.

 

--------------------------------------------

 

At Yoona's party, there were alot of people from Harvard, some faces were familiar to Jessica, but she never socialised with anyone apart from people she needed to do assessments with or The Kims, Yoona, her short friend Sunny, her tanned friend Yuri who was the captain of the football club she trains with, a smart girl in her medical class who she's bonded with called Seohyun, and a shikshin called Sooyoung that she met through Yoona.

The Kim's and Jessica

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter