Two

Just Curious

   Nana took in a breath and threw her head back. The short episode that just went pass her seemed like something from a drama to her. Although she had always wanted a life which was similar to dramas, but not the dramatic parts, she thought as she let out a huge sigh. 

   Chanshik called her saying they did not have a proper conversation, and afterwards asking how she was. The conversation was short and would seem quite composed to anyone who was eavesdropping, but the pair knew it was anything but that. Although they were probably not even 100 kilometers close,  but the nervousness pretty much mobbed the two.

   Nana shook her head, and lied down, trying to sleep.

   After an hour of being wide awake, she stood up and decided to try her luck with the project  her boss threw at  her. She tried and tried but could not focus, millions of thoughts filled her head, including him. Frustrated, she threw herself to the bed and blasted out songs on her phone til finally she fell asleep.

   She woke up at 5am, earlier than her usual 9am (or even later) routine. She went to wash her face and afterwards tried to wash off her tiredness with food, but it was barely off any help. Putting on her t-shirt and jeans, she decided to take a walk.

    The face of Chanshik suddenly appeared, his familiar grin twirling around her mind. Memories of him circled her mind, his kind  slightly innocent self. Nana could not help but slightly smile remembering his awkward encounter with Malgeumi, her neighbour's dog. 

   Suddenly feeling thirsty, she walked towards the convenience store nearby. She decided to shake Chanshik out of her mind and start wondering how she should do the project. Mindlessly she grabbed a drink  when suddenly she heard a familiar voice.

   "Thanks ahjumma," the voice quietly exclaimed.

   "Neh," the ahjumma replied sweetly. All she could do was think that she was probably just hallucinating, but without her control, her eyes looked for the source of the voice. It is him, she thought.

   Chanshik was in the middle of gulping the whole bottle down when his eyes wondered and his eyes met hers. His eyes widened as he slightly choked  on his water and pushed the bottle away. He started to cough and afterwards wipe his mouth with his hand. He slowly breathed back to normal, then he grinned akwardly.

   Nana could not help but smile at his actions despite her surprise. He walked towards her exclaming, "Nana-ssi."

   "Umm, hi," she said awkwardly. "What are you doing here?" she stuttered, a side to her that Chanshik has never seen, her nervous-self.

   "Well, this is my usual jogging route," he grinned slightly. 

    Then it hit her, they were in the convenience store where they met yesterday. Nana finally realized Chanshik was wearing a t-shirt and sweatpants, what he wore yesterday.

    Nana nodded slightly embarassed. He smiled, "Want to have a drink? Just across the street, a quick brunch doesn't hurt anyone."

    Involuntarily she agreed, thinking: what is wrong with me?

    They arrived at the cafe, they took the seat near the entrance and a waiter was immediately at their service. Chanshik ordered an americano, "Caramel machiato right?" he said turning towards Nana. Nana nodded, slightly surprised he still remembered.

   After the waiter left, both of them were quiet, both were looking out the window. Both remembered their usual dates which were at that very cafe. Both, secretly missed those times.

   "Ah.. memories," Chanshik exclaimed suddenly, in a whisper, loud enough so only the two of them could hear. Nana gulped nervously and pretended not to listen, her eyes darting aimlessly around, anywhere except to Chanshik. Chanshik glanced at her, put on a small smile, and afterwards let out a small sigh.

     Their drinks came, and both took a sip at their drinks. Chanshik then proceeded to ask how she was, how her father was, and even of Dongwoo - her neighbour - and his dog. Then questions of her work, causing her to slightly lighten up, to slightly feel touched. She was not sure whether he actually was curious of all those questions, or if he was just maintaining conversation, - although he did sound sincere, but she thought: Chanshik always sounds sincere, and that migh be because of occupation hazard -. But she could not help but smile, no one has asked her questions of her job, her career, ever since he left, or more accurately: when she left. Since she did not have much of close friends after her mother's death, and Woomin does not really care or ever understands as he does not even have a job, she could not deny she felt glad she could let out some of her worries that day.

   And soon, both became comfortable with each other, soon it seemed like their relationship was mended and Nana thought; I mean, we could always stay friends.

   Chanshik decided to walk her home, besides the few small conversations they had, their walk back was completely quiet, but both did not feel awkward and instead were somehow happy.

  The next day they did the same, although there was no choking and with the addition of rain halfway towards Nana's house. The two ran, both smiling and giggling as Chanshik convered the both of them with his jacket and somehow arrived at the house free of colds. Nana offered him a towel and a set of her father's clothes.

   They continued talking inside, waiting for the rain to subside. The next day Chanshik started work and Nana worried, made him hot chocolate. When he went home they still contacted with each other.

    They continued texting and calling each other, mending their broken relationship.

 

 


   After about a month, Chanshik finally had a full free day and hence he decided to go jogging. At first he wanted to go meet up with Nana but knowing she was busy with her job that day he shrugged it off. 

   As he almost finished his usual jogging route he saw a familiar motorcycle parked infront of the cafe. Instinctively he stopped, thinking: Nana's here? But then remembering that it was her boyfriend's, he began to think otherwise. Although, due to his curious nature, he decided to look around wondering if Nana was here or, if the guy was here alone. 

   As his eyes randomly darted around, he saw him, across him he saw the backview of a girl with red, curly hair. Confused, he wondered: did Nana dye her hair?

   The girl turned to look out the window, and it was surely not Nana. Knowing that he should not assume, she may be a sister, cousin, friend or even ex, he thought. But then, Woomin reached his hand to her chin and pulled her in for a kiss. A kiss that was surely directed to a lover.

   Chanshik was torn, he was happy that he had a reason to punch the guy, but he knew Nana would be torn. Not knowing what to do, he immediately called Nana. There was no answer.

  Without thinking he entered the cafe and walked towards them. The couple turned towards him, and the guy with a smirk said, "Shut up won't you?" 

 

 

 

 

 

 


I'm so sorry for the veryyyy slow update. But internet was out forever and... I lost the original chapter.... but this covers everything that was originally in the chap although the feel slightly ran away :(

Anyways thank you for subscribing -if you have  if you haven't well you know what to do ;D