Prologue

Magnum opus

Doe eyes, heart shaped lips, squishy cheeks and the smile that always made me fall harder for him. Those are the things that will be forever etched in the depths of my heart.

It started with a little crush when we were kids and as the time goes by, my admiration unknowingly grew to a deeper feeling.

We're like two peas in a pod, incomplete without the other, my best friend and partner in crime.

We started our journey as best friends when we were in third grade up until now.

He doesn't know the way I feel for him and when the time I got the courage to tell him came, things changed even before I can confess.


He was knocking at my door eagerly on an early morning.

And that's when he told me he is leaving the country. Not tomorrow, not the day after tomorrow but the day itself.

My thought of confessing to him instantly vanishes when I heard the heart shattering news.

At first, I was really hurt because he didn't even tell me earlier. How can he just leave like that? But then he said that he didn't know either and his father kept it to him.

I understand him and we just sobbed at each other's shoulder that morning.

He told me that he will be studying in London from now on. He didn't know when he will return but he promised me that he will come back.

During those times that he was away we tried our best to keep in touch with each other, once in a week we will video talk through Skype. But it all changed during the second year he was away, since we got busier because of school activities, we seldom talk and probably the longest time I haven’t talked to him was four months. It wasn’t easy for us because of the time difference but it wasn’t even easier when you’re longing everyday for the person that occupied a big part of your heart.

I held on his promise even though I know that promises are easier to break than done. But I chose to believe him. We lost contact and I never heard about him anymore. I always checked my Skype if ever he left a message, but I got nothing. Years have passed that it was eventually his fourth year in London.

I still held on his promise.

On the day I was reviewing for my upcoming exams. Knocks resonated on the living room and I casually walked to the door.

I swung the door open and found the person I've been waiting for, standing in front of me.

A tear escaped on my eye followed by another.

He was back.