Chapter 1

My "Love" Story

 

 

          Hi, my name is Lannie and this is how my love story begins. It all started on a very hot day in the spring time. I was in 7th grade and I was at a soccer game playing against the white team. When I was waiting to go on the field I saw this very cute boy on the other team, he caught my attention. After a brief moment of looking at that boy my coach put me on the field. Lucky me I was put to where that cute boy was, it was very hard to get the ball from him, but I managed to get it a few times.    

          After that game I didn’t get to see him anymore. Until one day, my friend, Kate, and I was waiting for my mom to pick us up, after I finished playing another game. We played around a little and then I saw some other people from the white team coming towards us. Then I saw the cute boy right in front of me. I couldn’t stop staring at him, and right at that time my mom just had to show up.

In the car

Kate: I saw you staring at that boy, do you like him?

Me: Uh? Oh um I just thought he was cute that’s all.

Kate: Mmhmm sure.

Me: It’s true!

Spring’s over now it’s summer and schools over yay! Summer vacations over now and schools starts soon.

It’s the first day of school, I’m in 8th this year and I get to see Kate again!

On the bus

Me: Kate! I missed you!

Kate: I missed you too!

We’ve come to a stop and we see new people come on the bus there’s 2 of them. One of them seems so familiar, the other is a foreigner to me. After we arrived and stuff I went to my first class, band, YES! I sat down with my best friend, Katie, I looked around to see if there was anything new kids this year. I was shocked I saw that guy from the bus this morning sitting near me. While I was sitting there I tried to remember who he was. Then it hit me, it was that cute guy from soccer!

 Our teacher, Mrs. Campbell, was calling roll.

Mrs. Campbell: Mark Lee?

Mark: Here.

Mrs. Campbell: Now who are you?

Kids: HAHAHAHA

Mark: I use to go to David Middle School.

Mrs. Campbell: Well nice to meet you! Welcome to Ellis Middle School!

I looked at him a few times during band, I couldn’t help it he was really cute! After band I went to my other classes, apparently I don’t have any classes with him but that’s okay at least I have band with him. He plays the trumpet so he’s on the other side of the room.

The next week he didn’t ride the bus and it made me so curious and sad.

On the bus

Me: I wonder why he doesn’t ride the bus in the mornings anymore.

Kate: I can ask since he sits next to me during band.

Me: Really? You don’t have to.

Kate: I’ll ask during band today.

Me: Thanks.

Before class started I went up to Kate to ask her something but then I saw her talking to Mark. I went back to my seat and decided to wait. It made me jealous a little but since she’s my friend I let it slide.

Their conversation

Kate: How come you don’t ride the bus in the mornings anymore?

Mark: I ride every other week.

Kate: Oh that’s nice.

I saw them finished talking so I went up to her, I was getting ready to saw something then she interrupted me.

Kate: Hey, Mark this is Lannie. She’s my friend.

Mark: Hi.

Me: Hi… How come you don’t ride the bus anymore?

Mark: I ride every other week.

Me: Oh that makes more sense.

After that awkward conversation I walked away quickly. I felt a little happy, but a hint of jealousy. I didn’t know if I liked him for sure so it made me confused on why was I jealous. My feelings are so weird.