Chapter 2

My "Love" Story

I've been wanting to get closer to Mark, but it's hard to! He's so awkward but that's what makes him cute! Wait... ugh! I'm still confused about how I feel. Anyways I thought I would try something to get closer to him. I wrote a note and signed it as 'Secret Admirer' I know it sounds weird but I thought I would try. I was hoping he would reply to me, but no. No note saying Hi or anything. But I did see the note gone. I forgot to tell you! I put the note in his cubby. The cubby is for his trumpet. My cubby holds a saxophone. Yeah yeah I'm a band geek. So what. Anyways, I thought I could try again. This time I apologized for putting secret admirer, I wrote that it was a substitute for what I was going to call myself. And I thought about calling myself 'Friend' and that's what I did. I chose friend because I wanted to be friends with him and get to know him better. DON'T YOU DARE SAY I LIKE HIM! It's different.. 

That evening I saw Mark take the note. He smiled when he read it. Jeno came up to Mark and said, "Oooh, is that a love letter?" Mark immediately said, " No! It-it's not like that." I smiled at his cuteness and awkwardness. That day I left really happy. A few days have past and still no reply but that's okay. Mark enjoys reading them at least. 

On a Thursday we had a prep rally for our school. The band played and the chorus sang. Hint hint I'm in chorus too. At the end of the day I wrote another note. Asking if he enjoyed the prep rally. Of course I knew he wasn't going to reply but I like asking anyways. The next day I went to put my instrument up and saw something weird in Mark's cubby. I took the note and.. And... HE REPLIED TO ME!!! It said, "Yeah, I enjoyed the prep rally, it was cool." I was so happy!!! I told my best friend Katie. She was so happy for me, we both squealed like pigs and jumped up and down and around. 

I came home and thought for hours and hours. Do I like Mark? No no I'm just his friend. But he is cute and nice and I love his awk... Oh no I do like him! This is going to be an odd year.