a wild ride from start to finish

The Effects of Stabbing Your Eye with Eyeliner

I've made some changes, but this is essentially what I turned in to my teacher.

Oh, and I'll mention that I wrote this in one day >_<


 

 

When he woke up, Baekhyun didn't know he would change the world that day. Of course, as the lead vocal of the impossibly famous boyband Exo, one could say that he was already changing the world, if not only the worlds of girls who were obsessed with Korean guys wearing eyeliner and tight pants.

As he carefully applied the kohl he was known for, he cursed his bandmates. It was unbelievable how loud the other five members could be, even if they were still half-asleep. Kyungsoo's melodic voice as he threatened whoever touched his stuff was accented by Junmyeon's nagging and Sehun and Kai's bickering were annoying chimes that floated above the percussion ensemble of Chanyeol's overall loud existence and-

 

The bathroom door suddenly flew open.

Baekhyun stabbed himself in the eye.

 

“Chanyeol!” he howled.

 

“Oh my god!” the six-foot tall giant exclaimed as he rushed in. “Baek, let me help you!”

“No!” Baekhyun swatted Chanyeol's clumsy limbs away with one hand as he examined his eye in the mirror. “Go away.”

And of course the other stayed where he was. “Wait, you remind me of that one Greek guy who stabbed himself in his eye because he married his mom!”

“Chanyeol, I'm going to stab you if you don't leave.”

The taller boy, of course, stayed where he was. “I came to tell you that this lady came and wants to talk to you. Junmyeon hyung said he was going to call the police and Kyungsoo is sending her death glares, but she won't leave.”

“What?”

 

~ ~ ~

 

Baekhyun scowled as he trudged towards the living room of Exo's dorm, thinking of ways to get back at Chanyeol for ruining his makeup. He stopped short when he saw the “lady.” She was all wrinkles and rags and seemed oblivious to the members standing cautiously around her. When her rheumy eyes landed on Baekhyun, her lips stretched into what might have been a smile.

“Ah,” she rasped out. “My dear Byun Baekhyun. What happened to your eye?”

“What?”

“It seems that bad luck follows you everywhere,” she said with amusement. “But maybe you can change it. I will give you two choices, so choose carefully, dear.”

“What?” Out of the corner of his uninjured eye, he could see Junmyeon making arm circles at him. But the throbbing in his other eye was all he wanted to care about at the moment.

“Is it more painful to hurt your eye or for your close friend to become unrecognizable?”

“What?”

“Byun Baekhyun!” Junmyeon finally shouted. “Just answer her question so we can go to rehearsal!”

“Shut up, Kim Junmyeon!” Baekhyun felt a migraine coming soon, and he didn't know who to blame. This old hag in front of him? Chanyeol for scaring him? Junmyeon for being an imcompetent leader? Sehun for his perpetual face? Jongin for standing there shirtless and staring lovingly at Kyungsoo?

“Ah.” The woman stretched her lips again and the glistening toothless gums flashed at Exo. “Thank you for answering my question. I'll be off now.” She made a small waving gesture at the dumbfounded members and picked up her rags. And disappeared.

“What?”

 

~ ~ ~

 

The ride to the concert venue was quiet for a change and the silence was asphyxiating as they all tried to make sense of what happened. Half-heartedly, they went through the mic checks and choreographies, and rehearsal ended quite uneventfully, in comparison.

 

~ ~ ~

 

The concert itself was, however, something different altogether. After the opening song, the members lined up as usual for their introductions.

“Hello, I'm Exo's y dancing machine, Kai.”

“Hi, I'm the maknae, Sehun.”

“Hi! I'm Exo's happy virus, Chanyeol!”

Baekhyun found himself tuning out the boring and uncreative greetings, until he heard “Suho” and then a bunch of screams.

He turned to the side where the leader was standing, ready for the secondhand embarrassment, and was met with emptiness. Looking down, he found a crumpled pile of clothes, so sad without a body. Sehun poked through the shirts with badly hidden panic, and when he lifted a giant bug out of the pile, Baekhyun suddenly remembered what the old lady had said.

 

Is it more painful to hurt your eye or for your close friend to become unrecognizable?

 

He ran off the stage.

 

~ ~ ~

 

BREAKING NEWS! Leader of popular boyband turns into a bug, lead vocal goes crazy!

On the last day of the Lost Planet world tour, Exo's leader, Suho (Kim Junmyeon), mysteriously turned into a bug. According to one fan, “As soon as he finished his introduction, he disappeared! Sehun went over to the pile of clothes left behind and all he could find was a giant bug!” According to an insider, Baekhyun, the vocal, immediately ran off stage, into the dressing room and stabbed his eye repeatedly with an eyeliner pencil while mumbling about a witch.

Everyone, from fortune tellers to the NIS, is investigating but it is still unclear as to what really happened. The members have declined to comment, but Kyungsoo, in an attempt to comfort fans, allegedly said, “Baekhyun wasn't the only lead vocal!”

All we know at the moment is that SM Entertainment's stocks have dropped to a record low and CEO Kim Youngmin has sadly committed suicide. While we mourn for his death, million's of Exo fans are mourning for the loss of their leader and protesting against SM's decision to terminate Baekhyun's contract.

We will keep you updated!