Secret

Secret

"Alright Yongguk-hyung! Spit it out! What is this big secret you are hiding from us huh?" Zelo, being a brat as always, immediately popped the question once they had settled in at their favourite ramen shop for their group outing.  "I can't stop thinking about it since you dropped that on us!"

 

Before Yongguk had a chance to reply, Jongup quickly interrupted, " I bet it's gotta have something to do with Himchannie-hyung right? right? right?!" he said excitedly but a bit too loud and that earned him a quick slap on the head by Youngjae, "Shhhh!!! Not so loud you pabo! Do you want the whole world to hear us?"

 

"Ouch! Mianhaeyo hyung! I got a bit excited at Himchannie-hyung's name for a while there.  You know how pretty he is! Just like a princess!" he said in a dramatic whisper.

 

"Yes! We know, but you should be mindful of where we are!" They continued to bicker for a few minutes.

 

All this while Yongguk pretended not to notice the goings on among his bandmates and gave all his attention to the menu as if his life depended on it.  He was hoping that with all the excitement they would forget his secret.  "Well?" Zelo pressed on. Yongguk sighed inwardly, no such luck there.  He knew this moment would come because the guys had been trying to corner him since the interview to get him to tell them his secret.

 

"Look guys, its not that I do not want to tell you. I will....when the time is right okay.” He could see that Zelo was about to open his mouth to protest and he quickly continued “I just do not want to jinx anything right now since everything is going so well," he admitted reluctantly.  "Anyway since when did you guys become such nosy parkers?" he added for good measure.

 

"Well, since you've never openly admitted you've got a big secret!" Zelo shot back, a bit too loud for Yongguk's liking in which he earned a glare from his hyung. "What do you say, Dae-hyung?" Zelo then turned to Daehyun for support.

 

"I'm thinking whether to order the teriyaki chicken ramen or the tonkatsu ramen with the fried tofu. But since I am so hungry right now, I think I'll order both of them!" Daehyun replied which earned him a glare from Zelo.

 

"Anyway shall we just leave it at that?  I think Yongguk-hyung will tell us when he's ready, right?" he added softly looking at Yongguk to which he breathed a huge sigh of relief and nodded his gratefulness to him.  “Shall we get to the more serious order of the day? Ordering our meal? I think this chicken ramen has my name written on it!” Daehyun gleefully said rubbing his tummy at the same time which made Zelo and Jongup have that unbelievable look on their faces followed by an unusual silence. Each of them not knowing what to say next.

 

"Aarrgghh!! I can't stand the suspense!" Jongup exclaimed, raising his arms and flailing it around, after the unusual silence, his tension high as usual. Everyone gave him judging looks but he chose to ignore it. "At least give us a hint so we won’t get too big a shock and we won’t bother you about it anymore. Promise!" Zelo jabbed Jongup in the ribs when he said he'd promise his hyung.  "Ouch! What was that for?" Zelo just stuck his tongue out at Jongup who was pouting.

 

"Alright, alright.  Jongup is right.  It’s got to do with him and that's all you're going to get out of me for now!" Yongguk replied.  He knows he can trust his bandmates with his secret but he just wanted to keep it to himself a while longer.

 

"Alright guys, we should let Yongguk-hyung have his space.  Now let's order before Daehyun expires from hunger and starts eating me later," Youngjae, the ever smart one, spoke up to end the discussion about Yongguk's secret. Which earned him a smirk from Daehyun at that statement. He rolled his eyes. Typical.

 

 

Much later that night

 

“The guys cornered me just now.  They were really dying to know, especially Zelo and Jongup,” Yongguk whispered in Himchan's ears.

 

He turned in Yongguk's arms to face him. “Did you tell them?”

 

Yongguk just smiled down at him with his gummy smile, “Of course not!  But I did say that it’s got to do with you,” Yongguk bent his head as Himchan nuzzled his neck.

 

Himchan giggled.  “I’m sure they’ll figure it out sooner”, he said as he raised his right hand and looked at the huge diamond as it twinkled in the twilight.

 

“I’m sure they would, my love”, Yongguk said as he began to rain light kisses from his neck to his shoulders, which made Himchan giggle cutely at the tingly sensation. Afterwards, ending the night satisfied for the newly engaged couple.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: thank you for taking your time to read this. comments and criticisms are much appreciated! :)