Be the light

Hunter of Maknaes [ENG]

Monday 25th, August 201X – 08:00 hrs.

Yano started to feel cold. No, it wasn’t exactly the kind as if he were in someplace wet, he seemed to be outdoor, the place was, in fact, warm and wet, the amount of sounds his ears received were surprising, he heard cicadas and birds. For some reason, he didn’t want to open his eyes, because his head hurt, he didn’t remember anything about what had happened the day before.

Lazily, he slowly opened his eyes, certainly he didn’t expected, even in his wildest dreams, coming across with what he got to see once his eyes were fully opened, he couldn’t prevent a curse escaping from his lips, because, by this point, it wasn’t necessary say that something was wrong.

What the... - cursed Yano, quickly observing the place where he was. He could see plants, palms, cicadas, and an endless nature, the place was simply huge, apparently with a tropical weather, besides he heard bird’s noises, and who knows what kind of animals were those that were moving silently around him.

By then, he was looking forward to close his eyes again and hope that everything had been a strange dream, a dream without any sense... But he knew that it wasn’t a dream, he tried to calm down so he sighed to avoid getting agitated more than he was, somehow, his rational sense attacked him and tried to do the most logical, quickly tried to relive his last memories, but he couldn’t... It was extremely difficult for him... He looked at the sky and hoped that, if it was a hidden camera, one of his fellows Topp Dogg appears from any place, anywhere, from anywhere! ...  But nothing happened, and before he could continue arming theories of why was he where he was, he felt a vibration in his right wrist, and it was precisely there when he realized that he had two "cute" metal bracelets on both wrists, both bracelets seemed to have a digital board, the one in his left contained a fixed number, he watched it carefully, on it said "2,100"...Perhaps that number should tell him something?, Well, So far he had no idea what it means. Again, the vibration of the bracelet on his right wrist took him out of his thoughts, he observed carefully the right wrist, in it featured a declining number. No, it wasn’t just a number, it seemed to be... Time?, in it says: "00:03:59 29" If that was time... Does it mean that... Does that leave 3 hours for something?, Was that why the bracelet vibrated?, What would happen within those 3 hours?, Should he move?, Was he the only person on that situation?, How did he come to that place?, What had happened?, Why he didn't have his cellphone?, Why did he have an incredible bad feeling about all of it?, Why he couldn’t remember anything? These and more questions assaulted his mind. For a moment he felt a paralyzing fear, it was cold, something big was about to start, he decided that the best thing for the moment was to move,  he should explore the place and, luckily, cross with human life, then he could remember what had happened. Yes, that was the best he could do for the moment.

15 minutes later

Since he had decided to walk in a straight line, to avoid getting lost,  that simple idea brought him several problems, like going through the thousands of plants that prevented him to walk in a straight line, also, the floor seemed to have a very watery consistency, so he stumbled several times, but still, he didn't surrender, and taking into account the short time that had passed, he couldn’t be defeated, he was about to cross a large plant that didn't let see what was behind, when he felt hitting something, he fell again and looked up to see with what the hell he collided, quickly, his angry countenance changed for a surprised one, in front of him was one of the BTS boys. He looked at him with a look of surprise, fear and...Was that...Relief?

Mm... You're from BTS, right? - Yano asked uncertainty, for one side he was happy to meet with human life, but something was bad, the boy looked too scared, besides, he hadn't uttered a word so far.

... Yes - Answered Jungkook with a whisper, he seemed less scared, because he removed the face of terror he had a few seconds ago, but he still was surprised, it looked like he wanted to say a lot more, but he was nervous, he needed time to be able to talk.

I am Yano, I'm from Topp Dogg - expressed with a smile that came out very funny, he had wanted to introduce himself and smile at the other to give him confidence, sure, that smile, not being accompanied by what he felt at the moment came out pretty uncomfortable and, maybe, could contribute to increase the tension that already existed between the two. But against all odds he could see a small smile on the boy's face before him.

... I am Jungkook ... From BTS - Introduced himself the guy  with a much calmer face, it had calmed him see that crude attempt to smile, it had caused him grace, he looked strange with that kind of grin, he wanted to laugh but he felt somewhat discouraged, in return, he let that smile he had taken a few seconds ago.

... Well... Let’s see... You look a little younger than me - commented Yano, after all, he didn’t know how to talk to him because of the annoying protocol, besides, as they were already sit facing each other, they should begin with something.

Mmm... I'm from 97, but, shouldn’t we.....stand? - Asked Jungkook somewhat insecure, although he felt much better accompanied, he didn’t believe that the best place for socialize was being in middle of who knows where sitting on the cold ground, that already seemed mud.

Wow, but you're just a baby! - Express Yano surprised as he stood with difficulty and cleaned the dust of his back.

So, you're my hyung? - asked with a smile Jungkook as he stood, that small talk made him felt less agitated, he had found human life and... Crap! ... he just remembered why he was running.

Yes, but, what happens? - Asked Yano concerned, the younger had become tensed again, that couldn’t be a good sign.

Hyung... you do know why are we here, right? - Asked hopefully Jungkook, he could remember much of what happened. He remembered the strange disappearances, remembered the last day he was in the company, remembered the feeling of being persecuted, remembered hearing footsteps behind him, remembered having realized that somebody wanted to kidnap him when it was too late. Yes, in fact, he remembers almost everything, well "everything" except how he came to the place he was.

Well I... I don’t remember that much - Mentioned Yano, though the last was said with a remarkably weak tone, he felt ashamed for not being able to remember what had happen, he knew nothing, NOTHING!

... But... hyung... Wait!, you... you do know... You know that we were kidnapped, right? - Asked fearfully Jungkook, he had notice that the boy before him seemed unaware of that important part of the story and he didn’t want to reveal a "shocking" situation to him, but he had to "confirm" to see if they were on the same page.

What?... - It was all Yano managed to say until a severe headache made him hold it and get on his knew, choking groans of pain. His memories were coming one after another without any consideration. One by one they crowded in his memory, all he saw in those moments made him feel really bad. Meanwhile, Jungkook watched worried the situation, he had ruined it! , he didn’t want to cause pain to someone, after all, Jungkook could be too kind sometimes and that, precisely, couldn’t be something good in the situation they were.

Jungkook looked extremely worried, but he should do something, with effort he took Yano and helped him stand up, they walked a few seconds until they could sit under a palm tree. Yano was still holding his head in his hands, he had remembered everything at once and that made him feel sick, he didn’t want to talk at the moment, or rather, he couldn’t, the words didn’t came from his mouth.

The younger saw the situation and decided it was his turn to talk, the fear had certainly disappeared and, instead, had been replaced by concern.

I woke up about half an hour ago, I think... I was in a plain site, there was a kind of place and more things, by the time I could stand, I felt that somebody was watching me, I looked everywhere but I couldn’t perceive anything, I knew i had to move, i decided that the best was look for help, even if that meant enter the... jungle?, well, over time I got desperate at not finding anyone, and was just then when I found Hyung - Told jungkook, trying to be strictly specific in the part where he explain why he had left the place where he woke up, because that didn’t have logic, Why run away from a place like that? The place counted with tools and, apparently, human technology, but Jungkook didn’t want to know anything of that, the feeling of being watched scared him extremely, it was a fixed look, cold, the kind of look that terrified.

Oh… I... I woke in the "jungle"... A few minutes ago... Also, I felt a strange vibration in this thing (pointing the bracelet)... at leats... 2 times - Commented tiredly Yano, all that show gave him headache, the anguish had reached a "sustainable" point and now he had conformed to the situation he was.

But Hyung... Do you know what this number means? - Said Jungkook raising his left arm while he pointing the bracelet on his wrist. Somehow, he had realized that the bracelet on his right side stated that, in 3 hours, something would happen, something big would happen, the problem is that he didn’t know where he was supposed to go... Perhaps he should go somewhere in specific? Although, ignoring everything about the countdown and, in general, “the bracelet on his right side", he didn’t have the slightest hypothesis about the left bracelet, he thought that if he breathe a little he could come to some idea, those were his thoughts until he felt a vibration in his right arm, it was something extremely annoying, it felt like a pinch.

Wait! - Pointed Yano, after realizing something that he had overlooked.

What? ... Hyung.... Do you know for what is the bracelet? - Asked Jungkook, somewhat surprised, that had surprised him.

No, you said you came from a place that had civilation, right?... So,  I guess I find the meeting point for the countdown... We have to go! -  Expressed Yano, regainig streng from who knows where, he already felt better, now he had to move, probably about half an hour had already passed  since he ran into Jungkook, he corroborate it with his right bracelet and saw it was true, it had been 40 minutes. But suddenly a doubt assaulted him and he was surprised if he hadnt look wrong, the number in the left bracelet of Jungkook was "4.300", it was clear that he wasnt expecting that the number was the same as his, but certainly  that number wasnt random, he distrusted the number, it must mean something.

8:55 hrs

I don’t think it’s a good idea go back there - Exposed unsecure Jungkook, he understood the logic of going back there, what the older said could be true and putting that place as the meeting point made a lot of sense. However, the feeling of being watched by a "cold look" made him sick, but maybe, and just maybe, if they kept together the anguish of being observed would fall.

Jungkook, we must go, at least lets go to explore...ok? - Yano hoped Jungkook´s affirmation, although, anyway he was thinking go there yes or yes. His instincts told him that he should reach that place, he should make the younger go with him.

... Ok - Ended saying Jungkook reluctantly, he didn’t want to be alone again, he should be accompanied and the vibration he felt in his right wrist, he hadn’t felt it before, maybe the older was right and the bracelet vibrated because he had got away from the place. Yes, that should be. 

Let’s go - Said Yano, already stood, offering a hand to Jungkook to help him stand.

Let’s go - Answered Jungkook, hoping him to be right, that his deductions were right.

9:27 hrs

After a while, both guys had managed to reach the place that Jungkook had told. In those moments, Yano was about to cross some plants, behind these, was the plain site. When both could cross the "jungle", reaching the plain site, the sun hit their eyes, so they, stunned, had to cover their faces, after that action and facing forwards, both guys were speechless... Because, it couldn’t be... What kind of joke was this?

What the... - Said Yano, as he had done hours ago, beside him, Jungkook seemed to keep the same surprised look as him. Because, in front of them were many male idols, at first glance they appeared to be 10... Maybe 15...

Hyung... What’s happening? - Asked worried Jungkook. Really, he didn’t expect to run into that amount of people.

I don’t know... Jungkook... I have no idea - Said Yano without knowing what to do, he had no idea about anything. He expected an explanation... But nothing happened, well, nothing until a voice was heard through the speakers; the severe, raspy and reluctantly voice, let them know that, apparently, there had to come more people.

We're still lacking some guests! In the meantime, feel free to get comfortable! - Screamed the raspy voice, pretending joy and encouragement, which resulted in listless sarcasm.

In the place, the idols present looked one to another, they had surprised looks, concerned, ones of terror, and, of course, panic, but there were a few of determination, those were really strange, one of the few people who had it were the two newcomers, which were approaching Yano and Jungkook.

Well, at least we're here - Said Kyuhyun, breaking the silence formed after the statement of the strange voice.

Yeah, I guess we just have to wait - Commented Seungri with a smile that didn’t seem to be fake, but neither seemed to be of happiness, it was one of those faces that come when the storm is coming.

With a defiant look, Kyuhyun and Seungri made their triumphal entry, but had arrived just when the announcement of the rough voice came through the speakers, why the two of them were together, perhaps it had it reason due to the circumstances, since, apparently, like Yano and Jungkook, they had to have encountered at some point. The only thing they didn’t suspect was that, maybe, those encounters were not necessarily by chance.

They had “00:02:3345” left to start the game.