Chase

this isn't it.

| CHAPTER 7 |

 

There Taeyang was, standing right in front of her.

The person that had been in Ailee's mind for days finally appeared, but she couldn’t be in a more panicked state then.

“Oppa…!”

She managed to get a word out.

Taeyang smiled slightly, one of his hands tucked in the pocket of his jeans.

“Hey.”

Ailee ran her fingers through her hair and spoke carefully.

“By any chance, have you been waiting for me out here? It's snowing - it's cold!”

He shrugged and nodded like it wasn’t a big deal.

Ailee sighed, “You should’ve told me. I can’t have you wait for me outside in the cold…”

Taeyang chuckled, “Forget it. I brought you lunch. How could you just eat that?”

His eyes traced down to Ailee’s hands holding the sandwich she was eating.

A blush crept up her cheeks.

“I can’t- shouldn't eat much…”

Ailee was talking about her diet.

Taeyang gently hit her on the head out of frustration.

“Ow!”

“Ow?  You’re…hurting me more with this diet thing you’re following! You’re perfect the way you are already, eat more! “

Ailee fumbled with her fingers shyly.

She looked up and her eyes met Taeyang’s.

“Arasso…thanks a lot. I'll repay you another day!”

Ailee took the lunch pack from Taeyang’s hand, bowed and hurriedly turned to leave.

“Wait.”

Taeyang put his hand on her shoulder.

“I want to take you somewhere.”

Ailee hesitated.

"You said you wanted to repay me, right? Why not now?"

In the car, Taeyang was unsure of whether he should speak to Ailee or not.

He thought he better not, given the fact that he got rejected not long ago, but she didn't refuse to go out with him today either.

“Where are we going?” Ailee questioned softly.

Taeyang was relieved that she even asked.

“I heard you’re going overseas to film soon? Then you won’t be able to see much of the snow in Korea. I have a surprise for you.”

"A surprise?" Ailee loved the idea of a surprise.

Taeyang glanced at her and she quickly turned to look out of the window, attempting to hide her excitement.

During the ride, they talked, but not as much as before, just some questions and the normal things that artists would talk about.

They were kind of friends, but much more complicated than that.

After a long drive, they arrived at a field of snow.

“Follow me,” Taeyang said as he got out of the car, opening the door for Ailee as he took her hand.

“But I…I can’t stay for too long,” Ailee stuttered.

“It’s okay, I told your manager already. He agreed to let you go out today.”

Ailee’s eyes widened.

Taeyang certainly took care of everything.

They came to a small shed with snow mobiles lined up in front of it.

“Ajusshi!” Taeyang greeted the uncle standing nearby.

The older man smiled, “Ah! Young man! You brought your girlfriend!”

Ailee blushed at the mention of the word girlfriend.

“Ajusshi, two snow mobiles please!” Taeyang said.

Ailee nudged him, “Yah, I don’t know how to ride this. I don’t want to.”

The ajusshi started the engine of the first snow mobile, “Have her ride on the back then. That should be fine, young lady?”

Ailee found it hard to reject and nodded reluctantly.

Taeyang gladly handed her the helmet.

“Just follow the route around the field I showed you yesterday!” the ajusshi instructed.

Taeyang nodded, proud of the homework he did prior to this.

"Why isn't there anyone here though?" Ailee asked.

The ajusshi replied, "That's because your boyfriend planned this through. I was planning to close the place today, but I opened it just because he said he needed to bring you here!"

Ailee immediately turned to face Taeyang, who was already getting onto the snow mobile.

"You..."

“What? You don't need to be so shocked, and why are you so nervous?”

Taeyang laughed as he had Ailee’s stiff arms wrapped around his waist when she climbed on, “Trust me, I've done this before.”

They set off, and it wasn’t as scary as Ailee imagined it to be.

The trees were nearly bare with withered leaves, and Ailee silently admired the breathtaking scenery as they passed by with the slightly chilly wind gently caressing her cheeks.

She smiled as she rested her head on his shoulder.

“You’re good at this.”

“So you trust me now,” Taeyang laughed.

They went up what seemed like a hill, and Taeyang stopped the snow mobile at the peak

Ailee got her helmet off, moving forward to view the scenery.

It was all pure, white snow, like some fantasy fairy tale.

The sky was so blue and the sun was shining, yet the cold enchanted her.

“Do you like it?” Taeyang came beside Ailee.

Ailee nodded with her eyes still fixed in the far distance.

“It’s…pretty.”

“Pretty...like you are?”

Ailee giggled and looked down. She thought pick-up lines turned out pretty cute when Taeyang used them.

He turned to Ailee and reached out his hand, tucking her hair behind her ear.

Ailee took his hand.

“Your hair shouldn't be covering your beautiful face…” he smiled.

Taeyang looked into her eyes for a moment, as if seeking her permission.

Ailee remained still and Taeyang leaned in slowly.

It’s just…a kiss, she thought.

Ailee closed her eyes and their lips met, the warmth instantly melting her heart.

| END |