Him.

this isn't it.

| CHAPTER 3 |

 

“Hyung, what kind of group meeting is this? You’re all using your phones.”

Seungri, being the usual talkative one, complained as he sat in between Taeyang and Daesung on the couch in their dorm’s living room.

Big Bang was having their usual group meeting that they had occasionally to talk and discuss.

Daesung jokingly raised his hand, as if ready to hit him, “Yah, is that the way you’re going to talk to your hyungs? Fine, what do you want to talk about?”

Seungri smiled cheekily, thinking for a moment.

“Ah! I got it! We’ll talk about Youngbae hyung!”

Taeyang turned his attention to Seungri and tilted his head in curiosity.

"Me?"

Daesung snapped his fingers and nodded in agreement with Seungri.

"That's right! I nearly forgot to ask about the incident- the twitter one! There's something between you and Ailee isn't there, Youngbae hyung?"

“Exactly. Aish, can the two of you start dating already, please?” Seungri teased, “You like her, she likes you, that’s great!”

Taeyang raised his eyebrow, “Date? Since when did I even say that I liked her?”

Seungri, oblivious to his hyung’s rising anger, continued, “It’s obvious hyung, come on! Now you can forget about Seorin-”

Before he could finish his sentence, Daesung hastily covered Seungri’s mouth, laughing awkwardly in an attempt to light up the suddenly tense atmosphere.

“Hyung, Seungri didn’t mean what he said. He’s young and immature, don’t mind him!” Daesung explained, covering up for the maknae's mistake.

There was no reply and the members all quietened down.

“I’m going back to work on something.”

Taeyang muttered, got up from his seat and headed back to his room.

Everyone exchanged looks, mentally blaming the maknae for carelessly bringing up a topic that was extremely sensitive to Taeyang.

Seungri pouted as all eyes were on him.

“What? I know I was wrong, okay?” he ran his hand through his hair in annoyance, then mumbling under his breath, “Why did I have to mention Seorin? Oh god, I’m such an idiot!”

Taeyang sat down in front of his working desk, looking through all the songs he ever worked on or composed.

Some were hit songs, some weren’t even released.

How did he come so far making them? It was a question that he never wondered about before.

Making these love songs, happy ones, sad ones, those that relayed frustration or anger…anything in the name of love.

It was all for her.

Jung Seorin…she would be around 21 now.

He took up the photo frame that he always placed on his desk, the last photo he took with Seorin it lovingly.

Two years ago, Seorin and Taeyang was a couple.

They had been dating for a year and a half but in fact, they knew each other since they were young.

Taeyang couldn’t find anyone that understood him better than Seorin did, or anyone whom he felt as comfortable with as being with as her.

Right at that time, he knew that she was his soul mate.

On their very first anniversary, they decided to celebrate it quietly by watching the sunset together.

However, during their car trip…there was an accident.

A car that came speeding from the opposite direction spun, crashing into them sideways in a split second.

Taeyang and Seorin’s car skidded towards to the side of the road.

They were thrown around in their seats violently, the seat belt biting into Taeyang’s chest and knocking the wind out of him.

The sound of raining glass echoed in his ear and not long after, everything reduced to silence.

It was over.

Were they going to die?

Taeyang struggled. Every move he made resulted in stabbing pain, but he tried to turn and look at Seorin.

Tears slid down his cheeks as he saw her, her forehead bleeding profusely as she lay lifelessly in her seat. She wasn’t breathing.

Shaking, he desperately reached out to grab her hand.

“Seorin ah…talk to me. Don’t leave me, don’t…”

He lived, but she didn’t.

They told him it wasn’t his fault.

Her family didn’t blame him, her friends didn’t blame him either, but the deep sense of guilt in his heart just couldn't go away.

If only he didn't take her to that place, if only they went there a little earlier…this wouldn’t have happened.

Seorin would be alive.

Two years passed, and nothing changed.

He never forgot her. All his songs were dedicated to her, and every year on this day, he would weep like a broken man.

These memories kept on coming back to haunt him.

The pain of losing Seorin still stabbed in his heart like a thousand knives.

He shut his eyes tightly to clear his head from thoughts.

Taeyang took a deep breath and put down the photo frame.

There was a knock on the door and someone entered.

“Youngbae,” GD started, “I know it's her death anniversary today, but it’s about time you put it behind you and move on with your life.”

When Taeyang kept silent, GD continued with a sigh.

“Don’t be like this. Seorin wouldn’t want to see you like this.”

“What do you know?!” Taeyang snapped.

GD was taken aback. His best friend never snapped at him like that.

He looked away.

“Fine, I don’t know about Seorin, but I know one thing for sure.  You need to think about the people around you. Like…Ailee. It’s a good chance for you to move on from this stage you’ve been stuck at for two years, and you know it.”

He left Taeyang confused at the mention of Ailee’s name.

Surely, no one could replace Seorin in his heart, but with Ailee, it was just different.

Somehow, Taeyang felt comfortable around Ailee, as if they knew each other for...forever.

With her, he could finally put down the heavy burden on his shoulders, even if it was for a while.

With Ailee, he was happy.

Taeyang never felt true love after the incident two years ago, but what was this feeling that made his heart beat faster, lit up his day and put a smile on his face unknowingly whenever he saw her?

Was it really…love?

Seungri peeked into Taeyang’s room.

When he saw that everything was okay, he smiled and opened the door with aegyo.

“Mianhe, hyung~”

Taeyang turned around and shot him a glare.

“Forget it. You never learn, do you?”

Seungri laughed in embarrassment.

“Never mind about dating her, hyung, but I heard that you’re doing collaboration with Ailee. Do you need her number?”

Seungri waved his phone around, winking.

Taeyang chuckled, “I know you’re a very sociable person but do you think your hyung is that bad? I already asked for her number last time.”

Seungri gasped, “Ah really? I didn’t know hyung was so efficient at this. Well, I’ll leave you to work. Bye~”

He reached for the door knob to close the door.

“Wait!”

Taeyang stopped him hesitantly.

“Yea?” Seungri raised an eyebrow in question.

“Come back here,” Taeyang beckoned Seungri over, “You’re the best at knowing what to say. Tell me how I should ask Ailee out?”

| END |