Back To Your Heart

Short Stories

It's not that I can't live without you
It's just that I don't even want to try
Every night I dream about you
Ever since the day we said goodbye
If I wasn't such a fool
Right now I'd be holding you
There's nothin' that I wouldn't do
Baby if I only knew

[Chorus:]
The words to say
The road to take
To find a way back to your heart
What can I do
To get to you
And find a way back to your heart

I don't know how it got so crazy
But I'll do anything to set things right
Cuz your love is so amazing
Baby you're the best thing in my life
Let me prove my love is real
And made you feel the way I feel
I promise I would give the world 
If only you would tell me girl

[Chorus]

Give me one more chance, to give my love to you
Cuz no one on this earth loves you like I do
Tell me...

[Chorus]

I turn back time
To make you mine
And find a way back to your heart
I beg and plead
Fall to my knees
To find a way back to your heart

 

Yoona invited Tiffany to come in. The two ladies suddenly got awkward in each other’s company. Yoona quickly ran into the kitchen and got a glass of lemonade for Tiffany. The two ladies somewhat settled comfortably on the sofa; Yoona sat across Tiffany.

“When did you come back?”

Yoona attempted a small talk. Tiffany misses her voice; her heart ached.

“Just a few days ago.”

“I see.”

Yoona nodded; she suddenly couldn’t find any words to say. She misses Tiffany so much but things were too awkward now.

“Have you been good, Yoona?”

“Yeah, I supposed so.”

“That’s great to know that.”

Tiffany kept quiet after that. Her mind kept replaying the image of Yoona and the man whom she assumed was her husband and their son who was so eager to greet her earlier on.

“What have you been doing lately, Tiffany?”

“I travel around the world.”

“Ah, so how far have you travelled?”

“It has been that long. And I settled down in LA to work for quite a bit.”

“Okay.”

“What about you, Yoona?”

Yoona smiled.

“I took over my father’s company. My dad is in Spain now. He’s travelling too.”

“Oh? That’s cool.”

“Yes, I’d receive a postcard from him every two months. He said he’s enjoying himself.”

“Ah, he should be resting now.”

“Yup, so I took over his company and have been working like a bull for the last couple of years.”

Tiffany nodded. Her hands trembled but she hid them well. Her heart couldn’t stop aching because she presumed Yoona’s married. Yoona, on the other hand, couldn’t say anymore. She felt lost because she hasn’t spoken to Tiffany for so many years.

The silence went deeper and almost deafening. Tiffany kept drinking her lemonade and Yoona fidgeted in her seat. Yoona needed to find a distraction.

“Have you eaten?”

“Yes, I did.”

“I see. Do you miss the local food?”

“Yeah, I went to the diner we used to frequent.”

“Oh, the place has changed a lot, doesn’t it?”

Tiffany nodded.

“But the food still tastes the same.”

“Yeah, I still frequent there too.”

“I know.”

“You know?”

“I saw you earlier on.”

Yoona was taken aback while Tiffany kept her eyes on the floor. She wasn’t too sure if she should tell her what she saw. But Yoona kept asking.

“What time were you there?”

“I was there when you were there; with your family.”

“Huh?”

“I saw your husband and your son. He’s really cute.”

Tiffany took a deep breath. Yoona was still in a shock but she was recovering. However Tiffany wouldn’t want to hear anymore.

“I think I better leave.”

“Wait, where are you going?”

“Your husband might return home soon. I think I better go.”

“No, wait.”

“Goodbye Yoona.”

Tiffany ran out without giving Yoona a chance to explain. Her heart was aching too much because she thought she has lost Yoona forever. She couldn’t even look at Yoona in the eye. She was afraid she might lose control. She kept on running; she was unsure where she should go from here.

It was a mistake to come to Yoona’s place. She shouldn’t have done that and now she desperately wanted Yoona back. But it was just impossible.

Suddenly, she felt a sharp tug in her arm and she was pulled back. Tiffany crashed into someone’s chest and a pair of arms enveloped around her body. She stood still.

“Where do you think you’re going? Why do you keep leaving me behind? What did I do wrong to you?”

A firm voice echoed in her ears. She recognized that voice.

“Why wouldn’t you give me a chance to explain?”

Tiffany slowly looked up to find Yoona staring deep into her eyes.  She melted in her arms and as what she predicted; she got lost in Yoona’s eyes. But she couldn’t be selfish.

“Let me go.”

“No! I won’t let you go this time!”

“What else do you want? You’re married, Yoona!”

“Who ever told you that?”

“I saw you with a boy at the diner. He calls you Omma.”

Tiffany eventually burst into tears. She was holding back too much. Yoona smiled as she wiped Tiffany’s tears away.

“Do you remember Jessica Jung?”

Tiffany nodded.

“That’s her son.”

“Huh?”

“The boy you saw at the diner is Jessica’s son. Jessica’s my best friend. When she was pregnant with Jackson, she asked me to be his god mother which I agreed.”

Tiffany was embarrassed. She made a mistake.

“I cannot get over you, Tiffany. I tried but I just couldn’t. How could I be married when you’re literally living in my heart for the last 10 years?”

“I’m a fool, Yoona. I was so stupid to give up on you. I couldn’t stop thinking of you. It was so difficult for me.”

“Then why does it take you so long to return?”

“I thought you’d probably forgotten about me.”

“How can I when I love you this deep, Tiffany?”

Yoona leaned closer and Tiffany could smell her minty breath. She misses this so much; the closeness and Yoona’s tender touches.

“I’m sorry, Yoona. I need you. I want you back, Yoona.”

Yoona smiled.

“I’m here now.”

That was enough to make Tiffany’s heart falling in love all over again.

-

Tiffany wore her make-up; she looked really beautiful today. In fact, she was extremely excited for the date. Yoona had planned a lunch date for the both of us at a new place Yoona found. They wanted to start anew and Yoona was sure Tiffany would love this new diner.

Tiffany was thankful for Yoona. They had a long talk that very night when Tiffany begged Yoona to return to her arms once again. And after that, Tiffany met up with Jessica’s family. Jessica urged her not to let Yoona go ever again. Tiffany swore over her life that she would never do that.  Jackson got closer to her as well. He calls her Mom and boasted to his father that he has 3 mommies.

Tiffany was fond of Jackson and she couldn’t help but feeling warmth whenever Yoona took care of Jackson while his parents were away. One night, they even had a short camping trip; Jackson tagged along with them. Yoona’s maternal instincts touched Tiffany’s heart. She started imaging having a child with Yoona and how great mom she would be.

“Why are you smiling?”

Tiffany snapped out of her thoughts and turned quickly. The love of her life was at the door; waiting for her. She was all ready. And indeed, she’s gorgeous.

“Nothing, I was just thinking of you.”

“Me? I’m right here with you.”

“You’re forever on my mind.”

Yoona chuckled softly before coming up to her girlfriend. She leaned for a kiss and then wrapped her arms around Tiffany.  Tiffany couldn’t resist her.

“Let’s go.”

“Okay.”

-

Lunch was fantastic. Tiffany grinned from ear to ear. Her eye smiles were showing so much that prompted Yoona to .

“Shut up.”

“You’re so cute though.”

“Don’t try to sugar-coat your words.”

“You’re so adorable. I swear. In my eyes, you’re the prettiest girl I’ve ever seen.”

Tiffany stuck her tongue out as she blushed at her cheeks. The two spent time talking; and Yoona was attentive to her girlfriend’s needs. Tiffany was playing with her phone and then suddenly looked up.

Yoona was concentrating on her food; she was adoringly cute when she started frowning as she tried to rip the meat from the rib bone. Tiffany quickly put her camera on standby and then called out to her baby.

“Darling?”

“Huh?”

Yoona was staring at her with her eyes wide open; her surprised look was captured nicely in the photo. Tiffany grinned widely.

“Did you just snap me?”

“Yeah, you’re so cute. Look!”

Yoona took a quick glimpse.

“I look ugly!”

“No! You’re so cute!”

“My bangs are hideous! Take again!”

“No way, I’m gonna upload on my instagram.”

“NOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooOOO!”

The two lovers struggled but Tiffany’s fingers were quick. She uploaded it so quickly. Yoona pouted her lips.

“Having lunch with my baby Yoona.”

“I’m not a baby.”

“You’re my baby.”

“You’re mean.”

“You still love me despite that.”

The cute bickering made Tiffany laughed even more. And Yoona was the cutest little thing that Tiffany will never let go; not even in her life.

-

“WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!”

Yoona grinned. They went to another place after the lunch. Today’s date was entirely planned by Yoona. Tiffany agreed to go along without protesting. But somehow she regretted it.

“This is so much fun!”

“Are you crazy, baby?!”

“We have done nothing crazy before. I think it’s time we start to be adventurous!”

“Yoona, this is really insane. We’re going to be suspended at our ankles and tugging around like a ragdolls up in the air!”

“That’s the fun of it.”

“Are you serious?”

“You promised not to argue with me.”

“Yes but this is dangerous!”

“Baby, if it’s dangerous, I won’t bring you here.”

“Is my argument gonna win somehow?”

“No?”

“Fine.”

“I’ll protect you.”

“We’ll both be hanging like rag dolls, Yoona.”

“You can hold my hand!”

“I’m seriously going with you right now.”

Yoona wrapped her arms around Tiffany and hugged her tightly.

“If you’re afraid, I’ll jump myself.”

“No!”

“Then? I’ve already paid for it.”

Tiffany looked at the horrible nightmare in front of her. Yoona took her for bungee jumping. She knew Yoona’s the adventurous and a dork sometimes, thanks to Yuri and Sunny but she never thought she would get dragged into the activities as well.

But seeing Yoona getting so excited about this, Tiffany didn’t have the heart to let her down. She reluctantly agreed and both went eventually. Unfortunately, they had to jump with an experienced jumper if they wished to jump together.

“So if I jump first, can I jump with my girlfriend after that?”

Yoona asked. The organizer for that bungee jumping event nodded.

“I’ll go first.”

“Yoona, are you sure?”

“Don’t worry, I’ll be fine. It’ll be fun! I promise!”

So Yoona went ahead; Tiffany watched with horror when her girlfriend leaped into the sky. She screamed when Yoona was free-falling from a great height. Her heart almost stopped when Yoona was yanked upwards but the girlfriend was extremely excited.

“Baby, did you see me?!”

“Yes.”

“Awesome, right?”

“I almost died.”

“Why?”

“I felt so scared for you.”

“Don’t be. Let’s go. You can hold me tightly.”

“Do I have to do this?”

Yoona smiled.

“If you don’t wish to, then it’s okay.”

“But this will create beautiful memories right?”

“It’s alright if you’re afraid.”

Tiffany bit her lower lip. She was terrified but she couldn’t disappoint the love of her life.

“Let’s go.”

She suddenly became slightly braver.

“Huh? Are you sure?”

“Yes, let’s do this.”

“Baby, aren’t you scared?”

Tiffany shook her head.

“I think I’ll be fine in your arms.”

Yoona smiled widely.

-

Their photos were taken. They looked like a mad rag dolls. Tiffany had her heart leapt out from her ribcage but she was enjoying it the most. Yoona was right. It was awesome. It was their first couple jump.

Tiffany kept laughing at her own self in the photos.

“Baby, I look so ugly!”

“It’s okay, I still love you.”

“So if I’m fat and ugly after having your baby, you will still love me.”

“Of course I do!”

Then Yoona stopped in her tracks and turned to look at her girlfriend.

“Wait, what having my baby?”

Tiffany smiled.

“I want to marry you.”

“And?”

“I want to have your baby.”

“How are you going to do that?”

“Advanced medical science allows two women to have a baby together.”

“Are you serious?”

“I’ve never been serious, baby.”

Yoona pulled Tiffany closer and hugged her tightly. Tiffany buried her face in her girlfriend’s neck.

“I love you, Tiffany.”

“I love you too, Yoona. Thank you for taking me back in your life.”

“I love you too much to let you walk away again.”

The couple was blissfully in love.

-