I Never Told You

Short Stories

I miss those blue eyes
How you kiss me at night
I miss the way we sleep
Like there's no sunrise
Like the taste of your smile
I miss the way we breathe

But I never told you
What I should have said
No, I never told you
I just held it in

And now I miss everything about you
I can't believe it, I still want you
After all the things we've been through
I miss everything about you
Without you, whoa...

I see your blue eyes
Every time I close mine
You make it hard to see
Where I belong to
When I'm not around you
It's like I'm not with me

But I never told you
What I should have said
No, I never told you
I just held it in

And now I miss everything about you (still you're gone)
I can't believe it, I still want you (And I'm lovin' you, I never should have walked away)
After all the things we've been through (I know it's never gonna come again)
I miss everything about you
Without you, whoa...

But I never told you
What I should have said
No I never told you
I just held it in

And now I miss everything about you (still you're gone)
Can't believe it, I still want you (And I'm lovin' you, I never should have walked away)
After all the things we've been through (I know it’s never gonna come again)
I miss everything about you
Without you, whoa, no, no...

 

 

Every little step Tiffany took reminded her of someone. Her feet sunk deep into the sandy beach; the cool breezy wind blew against her face and the beautiful blue sea spread vast open right in front of her. She used to come here often. It took her awhile to return after the break up with her long-time girlfriend.

It was her fault. She was the one who asked for it. No matter how she tried to get over it; or to move on from the broken memories; but it was futile. Her ex managed to find her way back into her heart.

She sighed. What the hell was she trying to prove? Foolishly she gave up on her relationship with her. And now after 10 years, she was the one who couldn’t get over her. And she had been wandering around from country to country; dated 100 over girls but none could be compared to her.

The cold breeze came suddenly. The goosebumps on her arms were popping out so Tiffany folded her arms together.  She caressed her arms simultaneously. She decided to head back when it got colder by the minute. She turned around and picked up her heels. She walked slowly; taking one step at a time. Her heart was aching when she recalled how her younger girlfriend would carry her on her back.

If she could have the chance, she would never let her go.

-

Tiffany drove off; taking herself further away from the beach. It filled with beautiful memories of her and her ex girlfriend. Everything was perfect; she was perfect and beautiful. Her heart was pure and generous. Her life was completely in bliss when she was with her.

But she gave up too easily. She thought she wanted to know the world. She did what she wanted to do but still, her heart was empty. It was completely empty.

Tiffany dropped by at a diner which she used to frequent with her love.  Now it has changed. Even the interior and the food menu were different from 10 years ago. Tiffany walked in cautiously; she sat near the entrance. A young man was all smiles and happily took her orders. Tiffany smiled slightly as she felt warmth from the hospitality the diner has given to her.

Suddenly she heard someone calling out the same name she used to utter on her lips.

“YOONA!”

Tiffany looked up instantly. She saw a pretty lady with cute bangs and black cardigan with long black jeans. She was smiling; that familiar smile that used to capture her heart. Tiffany’s heart was beating rapidly; her cheeks were blushing red and her palms were sweaty.

Yoona was standing in front of her; fully unaware of her presence. She was smiling at someone else instead. Anyway Tiffany was hiding behind the menu. She peeped through the small gap between the food menu. She saw a man coming closer towards Yoona and wrapped his arms around her. Yoona was smiling widely; she responded to him.

Tiffany felt lost. That girl was supposed to be hers. But she has lost her. Why wouldn’t her? It has been 10 years. After the brief hugging, the man pulled himself away from her and then a little boy running towards her.

“Omma!”

Tiffany’s heart was crushed.  She was too late. Her ex is married with a son. A perfect family which Tiffany could never gave her.