Clearing all the misunderstandings

Mix and Match the new generation of YG artists

Soohyun was crying silently in an empty practice room, an opened letter on her laps. She just finished reading a letter from her parents who were still living in Mongolia and at the moment, she really missed the warm hugs of her mother and the delicious dishes of her father. There were some days when she couldn’t help but regret her decision to pursue an artistic career in Korea and that day was one of these days.

She took a tissue in her pocket to dry her face but it was in vain since tears were still rolling on her cheeks.

Jinhwan who was heading to a recording for a Mix and Match episode heard quiet sobs coming from a practice room on his left. He walked quietly towards the room and opened the door silently. He took a peek inside and spotted Soohyun, alone in the dimly lit room, her body shaken by heartbreaking sobs.

His chest tightened at the sight of the girl he loved. She looked so sad and abandoned. He decided he couldn’t let her alone in this state so he entered the room. Soohyun turned towards the entry of the room and when she spotted Jinhwan, she hid her swollen eyes behind her hands.

“Wh-what are you doing here?” She said between her sobs.

Following his heart, he walked towards her decidedly; he removed her hands from her face and captured her into his embrace, her head gently resting on his chest.

“Sssh! Ssh! Everything’s alright! Calm down Soohyun-ah!” He whispered, delicately caressing her hair to comfort her.

After few minutes, Soohyun’s sobs quieted down. Jinhwan reluctantly tried to release her but Soohyun didn’t let him so they stayed in each other’s arms.

“Thanks Jin-Jinhwan!” Soohyun stuttered.

“Anytime Soohyun-ah! Do you want to explain me why you’re crying like that?” Jinhwan whispered in Soohyun’s ear.

“I don’t want to bother you!” She answered.

“You’re not bothering me! Trust me!” Jinhwan encouraged her to talk.

“I-I just received a letter from my parents!” Soohyun finally revealed what was bothering her. “I don’t know why but today, their letter affected me a lot more than usual. I really miss my parents, Mongolia and my old life.”

Jinhwan nodded even if she couldn’t see it.

“I understand what you feel! I also miss my family and my friends sometimes but I know that I choose the right path and you know that you did too! You were born to sing! You didn’t receive such a beautiful voice just to sing alone in your shower. You must understand that your voice is a source of happiness for many people! I know that you made the right choice when you decided to audition for Kpop Star and then when you decided to sign under YG Entertainment.” Jinhwan shared his thoughts.

“Are you sure?” Soohyun said with a small voice.

“I’m positively and definitely sure! And please, next time, you feel sad, don’t lock yourself in an empty room to cry alone! Come to me or maybe talk to your brother!” Jinhwan encouraged her.

“Ne! I’ll come to you Jinhwan!” Soohyun responded calmly, her sobs having completely faded away.

Jinhwan loosened up his embrace and lifted Soohyun’s face towards his. His eyes plunged into hers and he noticed that they were still filled with tears. Her eyes looked like they were gleaming in the dimly lit room. He gulped because of the intensity of the eye contact. To avoid her eyes, he averted his gaze and his eyes unfortunately landed on her lips. He felt his heart quickening his path into his chest as he stared at her tempting mouth. Finally, unable to resist the sudden urge to kiss her, he leaned in and placed his lips on hers.

At first, Soohyun didn’t react, too startled to understand what was happening. She stayed still but soon she responded to Jinhwan’s kiss. After all, she dreamt of this moment many times since they started working together for Mix and Match.

As for Jinhwan, it was like he completely forgot about everything from their five year , to Soohyun’s overprotective brother as well as the dating ban imposed by YG. His heart totally overpowered his mind when his eyes met hers.

But suddenly, in the middle of kissing the girl of his dreams, he remembered what Soohyun said about him being too old for her. He broke the kiss, immediately regretting his boldness.

“I-I’m sorry Soohyun-ah! I shouldn’t have! Please forgive me!” He apologized.

Soohyun remained silent still shocked by what just happened. She placed a hand at the place of her heart as if this simple gesture could help calming the crazy beating of the organ.

“Forgive you for what?” She said after recovering from the shock.

“I shouldn’t have forced you to kiss me. I know that you think I’m too old for you and that you only see me as a nice guy.” Jinhwan repeated what he heard her say to her brother few days ago.

“I’m sorry but I don’t understand! Why do you think that?” Soohyun asked, feeling quite lost.

“I involuntarily heard a conversation between you and your brother on the rooftop. He confronted you about your hypothetical feelings for me and you clearly told him that you would feel weird dating a guy older than him.” Jinhwan confessed.

Soohyun’s eyes widened when she heard Jinhwan talking about her conversation with her brother. She realized that he didn’t break the kiss because he thought it was a mistake but because he thought she was not feeling the same way about him.

“Jinhwan, I didn’t tell the truth to my brother that day! I was very uncomfortable talking about my feelings to him so I lied.” The girl laughed shyly because of the indirect confession.

It was now Jinhwan’s turn to open wide eyes.

“Really? So-so you do have feelings for me?” Jinhwan stumbled with his words.

Soohyun nodded, a beautiful smile illuminating her face. Jinhwan immediately felt as if someone lifted a weight from his chest, a weight which was paralyzing him since he eavesdrop the conversation between the two siblings. Finally, he embraced her once again before kissing her softly.

-------------------------------------------------

Hanna, Ha Yi and Soohyun were having their traditional daily girl talk moment and the subject of the conversation was of course their recent experience with the Mix and Match contestants.

Soohyun started explaining how Jinhwan confessed and how she accepted to date him.

“OMO that’s so cute! Jinhwan is such a cutie pie! I knew that he had a soft marshmallow heart. I’m so happy for you two!” Hanna clapped her hands.

“You will make the most adorable couple YG ever had.” Ha Yi agreed.

Soohyun smiled brightly at her two friends.

“And you Ha Yi? Things are evolving with Hanbin?” Hanna asked.

Ha Yi blushed furiously at the question.

“It means that yes, things are evolving…” Soohyun began.

“ and they are evolving in the right direction.” Hanna finished.

“Ha Yi!!! Spill the beans! “Soohyun exclaimed.

“HAYI AND HANBINNIE! HAYI AND HANBINNIE!!!” Hanna started shouting.

“Sssssh! Okay I’ll tell you! So you were right about Hanbin. He was definitely interested in me but I never noticed since he was quite good at hiding it, preferring to get on my nerves at every possible occasion rather than showing his feelings.” Ha Yi sighed.

Flashback

One day, after a rehearsal for Mix and Match, Hanbin and Ha Yi were alone, trying to organize the last details for their performance. The two others left them, tired to see them arguing for all and nothing. In the middle of the conversation, Ha Yi and Hanbin’s argument became more and more heated.

“Ha Yi! Stop trying to impose your ideas. Do you think we can’t think by ourselves? Do you think that you’re better than us because you already debuted?” Hanbin shouted.

Ha Yi felt her blood rushing into her cheeks.

“What??? I never tried to impose my ideas. All I did was suggesting things to help you guys….no scratch that…to help your teammates who are fighting in this contest to integrate IKON!” Ha Yi defended herself, feeling quite insulted by what Hanbin just said to her.

“Oh so you didn’t want to help me? Wow you’re really insufferable!” Hanbin spitted.

Ha Yi looked at him, anger boiling inside of her. She worked very hard during the past days to help them improving their performance, strengthening their bond, giving the best of her. Hanbin didn’t even notice all the things she did for them. Thinking about his rude attitude of the past days, she felt her anger reach a peak. She raised her hand to slap him but thanks to his quick reflex, he didn’t let her the time to reach him. Hanbin grabbed Ha Yi’s wrist in his hand, preventing her from touching him. Ha Yi immediately clenched her fist and tried to release her hand from Hanbin’s tight grip but instead of releasing her, he also grabbed her other wrist. Seeing that he was not determined to let her go, she sent him a death glare but curiously the young guy didn’t seem angry anymore. Every trace of his previous resentment had disappeared from his eyes. He was now looking intensely at the girl in front of him. He noticed that for once she was within his reach! She could not flee since he was holding her wrists tightly. It was a once of a lifetime opportunity so he walked forward to approach Ha Yi. Feeling very awkward and nervous because off their sudden closeness, Ha Yi took a step backwards. They continued their antics until Ha Yi felt the cold wall of the rehearsal room behind her back.

“Yah Hanbin! What are you doing? Do you want to intimidate me? You’re so childish! I can’t believe…” Ha Yi started.

But she couldn’t finish her sentence as Hanbin hushed her with a kiss. Soon, Ha Yi abandoned herself into this kiss to Hanbin’s delight and relief. He released her hands and s his arms around Ha Yi’s small frame to bring her closer to him. She didn’t protest and also s her arms around Hanbin’s neck, encouraging him to deepen the kiss.

After a while, they broke the kiss, breathless. Still in each other’s embrace, they exchanged a shy smile.

“I love you when you’re angry!” Hanbin whispered, resting his forehead on hers.

“And when I’m not?” Ha Yi asked wittily.

“I love you too! I love the shy you, I love the angry you, I love the cute you and the y you!” Hanbin confessed.

“I love you too Hanbin-ah! I love you even if you annoy the hell out of me sometimes.” Ha Yi laughed softly.

End of flashback

“An argument that ends into a confession? It’s so like you! Emotional confession is for Soohyun and tense confession is for you, Ha Yi!” Hanna giggled.

“Tense but steamy according to what you said!” Soohyun wriggled her eyebrows.

“Hey Soohyun-ah! You’re too young to talk like that!” Ha Yi replied back.

Hanna looked at her two friends, slightly envying them.

“I’m so jealous!! You both find your match but not me!” Hanna pouted.

“You should have made your choice amongst the Mix and Match participants like us!” Ha Yi said jokingly.

“No! I’m not really into hip hop guys.” Hanna explained.

“And what about a geek who loves to compose music and play the guitar?” Soohyun tried.

“Oh I see! Someone with huge glasses, an incredible talent and an annoying younger sister?” Ha Yi completed.

She received a dark glance from Soohyun but ignored it. They both turned their attention towards Hanna who remained silent. She was biting her fingernails, avoiding their eyes, a slight blush on her cheeks.

Ha Yi and Soohyun exchanged a knowing glance. Maybe Hanna would soon find her match with a little push from her two best friends.

----------------------------------------------------

In a park nearby YG headquarters

Soohyun was waiting on a bench, reading a book. From time to time, she was glancing at her watch.

A young guy arrived quietly behind her and placed his hands on her eyes, surprising her.

“Who is it?” Soohyun asked, already knowing the answer.

“The best boyfriend of the world!” Jinhwan answered, teasingly.

He removed his hands from her eyes and sat beside her. He grabbed her hands and noticed that they were frozen because of the cold weather so he kept them in his.

“Soohyun-ah! I have an amazing news.” Jinhwan smiled at his girlfriend.

“About your debut?” Soohyun asked expectantly.

“Yes! We’ll debut in less than a month at the beginning of 2015, probably in January.” Jinhwan exclaimed.

“OMO OMO I’m so happy for you! Your dream will finally come true.” Soohyun grinned before pecking her boyfriend’s lips.

“You are my dream come true!” Jinhwan replied.

“Aish my boyfriend is so cheesy!” Soohyun giggled.

Jinhwan laughed with her. Soohyun was not his first girlfriend but it was the first time he was behaving like that, it was the first time he was so attentive and so romantic.

“Soohyun-ah! Christmas is just around the corner and I have something for you!” Jinhwan said.

He released Soohyun’s hands and grabbed something in his coat’s pocket.

“To an adorable girl who managed to ravish my heart.” Jinhwan handed a little box to Soohyun.

Soohyun took the little pink box and pull on the bow. She opened it and discovered a bracelet decorated with four charms: a little ribbon, a musical note, a red heart and a small logo. She took a closer look at the last charm before looking back at Jinhwan.

“It’s IKON future logo?” Soohyun asked with a surprise tone.

“Yes! You’re the first person outside of IKON to discover it.” Jinhwan smiled.

Feeling incredibly happy at the moment, Soohyun embraced Jinhwan.

“Thank you!” She whispered in his ear.” You’re really the best boyfriend in the world.”

Jinhwan broke the hug and help her clasp the bracelet around her wrist. As his fingers brushed against her skin, he felt the same electricity tingling that happened to him the first time she took his hand during their first rehearsal. He was really lucky YG choose her to be in his team.

“Maybe we should thank YG for suggesting your participation in Mix and Match.” Jinhwan said teasingly.

“Are you crazy? He would tell Chanhyuk and then I’ll be dead…and you too!” Soohyun panicked.

“Relax! I was just kidding! And I may have a solution for Chanhyuk! What about helping him getting a girlfriend? Maybe he would be less protective if he was occupied with a love life of his own.” Jinhwan proposed.

“We’re already working on this with Ha Yi!” The young woman smirked mischievously.

“You have someone in mind for him?” Jinhwan asked, curious.

“It’s a secret!” Soohyun placed a finger on her lips, mischievously.

“You can’t have secrets for your boyfriend. It’s forbidden by the law.” Jinhwan pouted.

Soohyun giggled but kept her secret.

“Tell me! Tell me or I’ll kiss you!” Jinhwan threatened.

Soohyun shook her head.

“If that’s what you want!” Jinhwan approached his face from hers.

He cupped her face and kissed her tenderly. When he broke the kiss, he rested his forehead on hers.

“Tell me!” He whispered.

“Simple! I’ll just do like YG! I’ll Mix and Match!”

END

--------------------------------------

Hi dear readers

I hope you enjoyed reading this fic as much as I enjoyed writing it.

If you like these new YG pairings, don’t hesitate to write about them and spread the love ^^

Thanks a lot for reading this fic! I really appreciate!!

See you soon on your own fics or maybe on my next one ^^