NINETEEN

The truth behind it all
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Youngji’s POV

 

I won’t ever forget that day. Was that the over of us?

 

…but his lips, those lips that stung me. It commanded me to wait for him.

 

 Should I really wait for him? I am so scared. What if he’ll never come back? It will only give me pain… again.

 

I sighed deeply as I was waiting for my turn to perform. Yes! I am now a solo artist and my first promotion already kicked off. It’s been that long time, yet I can’t bring myself to forget it. I am trying my best to move on and sure enough I’m doing well but… urrgghh! I hate that kiss! I hate you Wang Jackson!

 

Flashes of that night never left me. They were hidden in me whenever I’m busy but whenever I’m not, it automatically unlurks from my conscious mind giving me a really hard time.

 

 

Jackson’s POV

 

3 years had pass and all I was thinking was her. Only her.

 

I regretted everything that I had done to her. Our story was once complicated and I made it even worse. It was all because of my immature actions.  Jealousy? Great! It was always that trait of mine that gets the best of me.

How should I win her back? I had thought of it. But now, all I wanted was for her to be happy again.

 

I want her to be her old self again while I am suffering from the pain of my guilt. I deserve this!

 

I was in my deep thoughts when someone nudged me on my side. “Yah! Let’s go clubbing. I’m bored.” Just by his voice, I knew it was Mark who said it but I can’t just get my eyes off the T.V. screen. She was on it.

 

“So it’s still her?” Mark sighed as he patted my shoulder.

 

“I guess so.” I plainly replied.

 

Youngji had finally become a solo performer. It was her goodbye stage for her 3rd comeback and I wanted to support her so badly like I would always encourage her before. But now, all I could do was to stare at her from the screen. It’s been that long time, but still I can’t bring myself in front of her. I am guilty and I’m afraid that I’m still not good enough for her.

 

She’s gorgeous. Always had been.

 

She has shined on her own. Well, she always shines to me.

 

“I’m not going hyung. Mianhae.” I blurted out as I finally look at him. I saw him put a smirk on his face.

 

“Though I miss the hyper and ever so outgoing Jackson, I’m glad that you’re changing for the better.”

 

Mark hyung was right. I had changed. It was not completely of course. I still had some variety shows on my schedule list but it was a little evident that I became mature.

 

And so does the Got7…

 

As the saying goes, what comes up must come down. After hitting the peak of our career, we managed to get ourselves a stable career and became widely and well known by a lot of people. We are now focusing on our individual activities and honing ourselves for our future independent careers. It was sad to say but Got7’s career is on its declining stage.

 

***

 

I was in front of my laptop doing some music. It started off as my hobby but it turned out that JYP actually liked most of them. He had given me a lot of opportunities in this field and I already can see myself being a composer slash song writer. This time, I went for RnB-ish song that will be sung Yerin of 15& It was her solo song but it was all dedicated to that one person who had constantly became my inspiration to become the better Jackson—Heo Youngji.

 

“Jinyoung-ah, does this part sound nice?” I was reffering to Jr. who was seated next to me fidgeting his phone.

 

“Yeah.” It wasn’t as enthusiastic as I wanted it to be but I know he meant it.

 

“Hey, Jackson can I ask you something random? I am really dead curious by this.” He said it to me as he finally let go of his phone.

 

I just nodded yet I never left my gaze on my lap top. I was kind of focusing on the song.

 

“Why wouldn’t you talk to Youngji already? I mean haven’t you prove yourself already? You’re mature now. You’ve got yourself a stable career, not to mention the tons of music you had created. And that song, it is dedicated to her right? I just think you’re ready to face her. I pity you seeing this lonely as you drown yourself with work.”

 

“It’s not that easy as you think.” I barely said as I exactly don’t know what to say.

 

“Are you still thinking of DESTINY? Jackson, I personally believe that destiny won’t come if you’re just sitting here. You need to move! Take the chances again! You’re an idol and you’re supposed to know how to not give up! Jackson, it’s already 3 years for someone’s sake!” There he goes, being the omma and the sensitive one, he scolded me once more but then he always never failed to enlighten me.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

From the studio,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter