EIGHTEEN

The truth behind it all
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

JACKSON’s POV

 

I became a complete jerk towards her. I was childish and selfish. All I ever care was my feelings and I didn’t even bother to ask her about what she feels. I was so preoccupied with all the attention everybody gave to me and I have been blinded by the spotlight that is on me. Unconsciously, I had forgotten the things we had fought for and the things we had promise to each other. I became the man I never expected to be.

 

“I’m starting to think that we’re indeed DESTINED but only just to give me lessons.” She said those exact words to me. After hearing those, my body started to numb. It was just trembling and all I can feel were the tears rolling down my cheeks.

 

She used to strongly remind me that we are destined to each other and that fate bounded us to meet. I used to think that she was just being cute and child-like thinking about those things but now that she had said that it all happened just to give her lessons, I was terrified. How I wish she would say it again.

 

I tried to contact her but she never answered. Deep inside, I felt like dying. I was back again with these unpleasant feelings but now, there is no one to blame but myself.

 

I called Hara-sunbaenim. At first, she texted me to stop bothering her since she doesn’t want to meddle with whatever Youngji and I have, but I don’t want to give up. I pleaded to her once more, taking every chance I have. At my 5th try, she finally gave in and agreed to have a long conversation with me over the phone.

 

She said to me how difficult it has been to Youngji. Her family was having issues that time and that she needed me more than anyone else, but due to the company’s objection, she endured it by herself. Hara-sunbae also added that tough times taught us to be mature but Youngji wanted to keep her innocence and cheerful vibe for everyone around her. This leads her to deny everything and eventually destroyed her.

 

It was painful to hear everything. I was on my tears and as if I can’t continue the conversation anymore but all I ever wanted that time was to win her back so I ask Hara-sunbae for help.

 

“Jackson-ah, I hope you won’t misunderstand me with whatever I’m going to say. I am not against you because I saw you loved each other so much, but the damage has been done. She’s so fragile and she was so hurt by it; and whatever you’ve been through almost destroyed everything of her. Please, think about it again. Don’t be selfish like you did before. Give her time to heal. You also have a lot of thinking to do, about yourself, your feelings. You can’t love each other if both of you are mess up. If someday both of you already fixed yourselves and you still love each other, I guess by that time, no one will stop you. Destiny is unpredictable and sometimes has its own weird means, but if you’re really meant to be, fate will find its way for your paths to cross and no one can ever stop it.”

 

I was completely stunned by Hara-sunbanim’s words. Everything was on point and it was like a streak of light appeared through the darkness I was been. 

 

END OF JACKSON’s POV

 

 

That week was the last filming days for Youngji’s drama.  She and Kangjoon had gotten much closer than before. He had always been her side through her difficult times. Though Youngji never told him every detail of things that happened to her, Kangjoon somewhat knew and understood her.

 

“Youngji, how are you doing now?” Kangjoon randomly asked Youngji as she handed a bottle of water to her.

 

“Oppa, what are you saying? You’re weird today. Of course I’m fine.” Youngji said as she opened the lid of the bottle and drunk some of its contents.

 

“You know what I’m talking about. I’m serious.” He said emphasizing the last word of his sentence and he was directly looking into her eyes. By that, Youngji already knew what he meant.

 

“Oppa, I’m doing fine I guess. It still hurts but I’m recovering well enough. People around me help a lot.” She said as she smiled after sayin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter