Final: Unsettled Arguments

All Over Again

 


GD walks in with both palms buried in his pockets and wanders his eyes to see some familiar faces. 

"Yah Kwon Jiyong!"

He turns his head to meet the faint sound coming from, only to find Teddy approaching his direction with a surprised look on his face.

"What? you seem like you just have seen a ghost or something." 

Teddy just brushes his thoughts off and made a fist and bumps it to the latter's chest as a sign of greeting. "I thought you couldn't make it." the older man gives him a questioning look. Jiyong just smiles at the query and asks where his hyung's girlfriend instead.

"She's with her friends somewhere- oh there's someone who I want you to meet with." GD raises his brow at his statement ."It's about work" the famous producer says. "..and I know we shoud just have fun tonight but we just can't let this pass." Teddy adds reluctantly with both hands up in the air. He ushers him to the group without much hesitation with GD only shaking his head in amusement. 

 

 

Han Ye Seul meets Yoona at the mini bar ordering a light drink, her breath coming in short gasps. "Yoona dear, i'm really really really sorry. I promise you, I didn't know he would come." 

He could only be one person. 

It's entirely possible to see him in this small world we lived in, but if he rejoins his old circles, Yoona is still not prepared with this encounter. But she just feels it would be immature of her to back out right now. She doesn't want people to think that she's an overly sensitive ex-girlfriend who hasn't moved on yet when in fact, she's dying inside. 

"It's fine, unnie" Yoona utters and secrety hopes that Ye Seul believes her. 

Ye Seul eyes her apologetically. "Alright then. I'll see you later." she beams Yoona a smile before leaving her.

 

 

She doesn't have the energy to mingle with the everyone right now so she just stays at her seat. She's in her second drink when she feels another presence nearing towards her. She watches at the corners of her eyes as he sits on the stall next to her. And she's at it again, noticing every details of him. It was the man whom she has been avoiding. He still have that strong scent on him that she used to love and still loves. He dyed his hair black and was pushed back rather lazily. For a second there, she just wants to reach out and let her fingers run throught it. It was a thing she used to do, when she was preoccupied with something and he happened to be near her. It was like the old times, except that there we're no hugs and kisses anymore. If she was the mushy type, she would have said at some point that Jiyong made her feel warm and loved. It's kind of horrible that she only came to terms with that after their breakup.

 

Yoona presses her lips together. She can't run and hide from him forever anyways. So she gathers all of her courage and puts up an act she could muster.

"Hey" Yoona says it in a cheery tone as she taps his shoulder. It's surprising to feel the warmth of his skin through his shirt. He isn't frozen after all.

"What?" He's annoyed.

This isn't how she thought it would turn out, and it's kind of puzzling. She didn't think he would still be this mad. 

"Hi." She repeats again, keeping her composure intact.

His eyes rakes over her frame from down to up and diverts away when their eyes met. On the other hand, Yoona checks him too and admits that he still looks dashing with a black leather jacket paired on a plain white tee. 

He looks at her with an annoyed little frown. "I didn't know they had invited you too."

"You wouldn't have come if you knew?"

"No."

`okay that stings.` Yoona bites the insides of her cheeks. "So do you want me to leave?"

"It doesn't matter. They invited you." He retorts with his eyes looking at everything but her.

"Then what do you want me to do?" 

Jiyong just walks out leaving Yoona baffled with her jaws dropped. `was this grade school? come on.` she huffs in annoyance.

 

She knew that in his past relationships, Jiyong almost initiated the breakups.Yoona had enough sense to know that monogamy wasn't in his nature, and he was bound to get sick of her at some point. So she sincerly thought that even though she had broken up with him, he would have seen it as a liberation and eventually forgive her. It was one thing for her to obsess about what could have been. But him? He would have recovered like a free-falling cat. This is so not like him at all.

 

 

The party is getting deeper and everyone is having a blast except for Yoona who couldn't help but be distracted by the one guy across who would not look at her. A japanese model is flirting with him the whole time. This same young woman was also hinting on him when they were still a couple but Jiyong didn't try to dodge her this time. He flirts back in that tongue-in-cheek way that couldn't be any serious but he's a master at making someone feel attractive and his companion is clearly enjoying it. 

She is definitely not in a good mood but when the young model glances at her with a victorious look on her pretty face, it's the final straw and without much thinking, Yoona drags his ex-boyfriend out there. She wasn't called Him Yoona for no reason.

 

She isn't sure where to go or how far he would let her drag him but they reach into an empty hallway before he shakes his wrist free.

 

"What do you think you're doing?" he demands.

"So you're in a flirty mode but couldn't be bothered to be civil with me?" Yoona faces him with her eyes shooting daggers and her arms crossing above her chest.

Jiyong pauses for a second before letting out his famous smirk. "Are you jealous?"

Her eyebrows furrows with jaws hanging. `maybe?` It's not that- but she doesn't respond for too long that it seems like a confirmation.

"Well, that's so nice of you." he utters, dripping with resentment. "since the split was your idea."

"Why are you so angry?" she hisses at his statement. "what did I do to you now?"

"Aside from wasting a year of my life? You think you should have done more, maybe robbed me, beat me up, or run me over with a car?"

"Why are you mad at me? I'm sure my life has been miserable than yours since we broke up. I'm sure you bounced back easily. My life just went back to boring, only worse. We broke up and months later, I'm the loser. See?" Yoona raises her arms on her side to emphasize her point. "so don't be mad at me. you should be polite to me out of pity."

Jiyong's expression softens and leans on the wall. "Why did you even do it?"

"We already talked about this-"

"I know, you talked my ear off about but I still don't get it. You had fun didn't you? I treated you right, didn't I?"

`Yes and yes.`

"Then what the hell does 'I don't feel like I really know you' mean? You spent a year with me. You probably know me better than most of my friends do."

 

Technically, she had said, "Thank you, but I can't. I feel like I don't really know you yet." He was so offended. They argued over those words for a long time, until he gave up trying to understand, and she gave up making him. By the end of it all, he didn't even want to see or talk to her, much less stay in their relationship.

 

"Yoona, I had an engagement ring designed for you and you said no."

 

`Why did I break up with him again?` She ponders and it's the same question that haunts her everyday. She fell silent for a moment. Her fingers fiddle on the hem of her skirt, having no idea know what to say.

 

Doubt flickers in her eyes and he takes advantage, pulling her towards him and kisses her, and it was almost like he used to. Yoona squirms away and struggles to focus. His face is still so close that the tip of their noses would almost touch. She holds back her tears, not wanting to look vulnerable in front of him.

 

But the vibrating tone inside her studded clutch halts the silence between them and Yoona hitches at the sudden friction between her palms. Jiyong turns his back on her, giving themselves some distance. She reluctantly fishes her phone, only to be stunned by the caller's identity.

He probably guessed it right and rests his arms on his waist before facing her again. 

 

Jiyong nodds as he let out a soft chuckle bitterly. "So I heard you're dating him now." 

Yoona tightens the grip on her phone, avoiding his eyes.

 

Seven months after their breakup, she finally agreed to have a dinner with someone else. And that dinner was followed by a couple of movie dates, strolling by the Han River or sometimes a ride to Namsan Mountain. Besides, it wasn't like she wasn't ready. Lee Seung Gi had been prepping her ever since. Even the public knew about his affection towards the young lady. Dispatch broke the news on the very first day of 2014 which surprised everyone. It's the first confirmed dating scandal on the nation's girl group and it's from the group's center and visual on the top of it so it naturally spreaded like fire all over South Korea and reached outside the country as well. One would probably think you're living under a rock if you didn't know that SNSD's Yoona and the nation's mother's friend's son you never want to be compared to are finally dating.

 

"I-I have to go." Yoona stammers as she tries to walk pass him, still not meeting his gaze.

But she suddenly stops her tracks when she feels a warm hand grabs her by her right wrist.

 

She didn't tell her eight members about the Jiyong's proposal. Maybe because of the looks on their faces or probably because it will be tiresome to deal with their naggings. But rather because she was just simply scared to face the ugly truth, that deep down inside, she just made the wrong decision.

And that moment on, she realized that she doesn't want to make the same mistake twice.

 


a/n: so it ended like that. I wish it was longer too keke.  but really, i'm not the type to further ellaborate things so yeah. and oh before i forgot.. happy new year to all of us!!!  //pops confetti//

upvote (if you liked it), and comment (would be so loved) now~!

ps: well actually, i already planned for a sequel beforehand *winks* and yes i was also considering to have a lot of chapters for this one but ooooh i don't think i'm ready for that lol