Fate Has It

All Over Again

 


When she woke up, there was a bright glare that beamed right into her eyes. She thought it was the sun, but wait- it was the sun's light reflecting on a diamond ring in front of her face.

"Good morning."

"What?" Her thoughts were as tangled as her morning hair. She fell asleep thinking more about how wrong they were for each other and that lead to dreams of breaking up, of explaining to him why they had to break up, of finding out how he wanted to break up and being so relieved.

But waking in reality, Im Yoona was faced by Kwon Jiyong who was earnestly on his knees on the carpeted floor, holding a velvet box on his right hand. She slightly opened , having difficulties trying to grasp the whole situation.

"Let me talk first?" A smile crept on his face. 

Yoona bit her lower lip to shut up.

"The past year we've been dating has been the best year of my life. You.. you're exactly the kind of person I wan't to spend my life with."

She searched his face for some kind of tell but he actually believed what he was saying. 

“A-Are you serious?” Yoona managed to reply somehow.

"I finally am.. and I’ve never been this serious in all my life." Jiyong said grinning and his endearing eye-smile showed up subconsciously. "You're independent and got a strong mind. You're so beautiful-" He took a deep breath, staring straight at the lady in front. "Im Yoona, will you marry me?"

"..."

This was part of her fairy tale she always had imagined. But instead of a shrieking yes, she said, calmly, "Why?"

He blinked.

By the end of the day, Yoona was not engaged and she no longer had a boyfriend. 

 


She closes her eyes and sighs in disappointment. She hates herself for acting this way. She hates how she can still remember every details of him on that morning. It’s been almost a year but she can still recall the moment like it just happened yesterday. 

 

She was completely bewildered at that time but it still didn’t cease her to notice how his blonde hair was tousled up perfectly. It was slightly damped and she supposed that he just got out of the shower. She saw how his new tattoo on his upper chest peeked on his favorite gray shirt. She never forgets how his eyes twinkled when he sincerly asked her. She recalls how he pursed his lips uncontiously waiting for her reply. He does this when he feels anxious and nervous. This became his new habit when Yoona randomly told him that she didn’t like seeing him biting his nails. She always adored this picked-up habit of his because she could see how he was really trying to stop his bad mannerism.

 

That moment would have been undoubtedly perfect if she had just said ‘yes.’Any girl in her position would definitely accept his proposal and would throw her arms in his neck with joy. But Yoona didn’t. She has her reasons and these reasons keep Yoona convincingly reminding herself that they were enough to decline him.

She intendedly didn’t tell her eight members because she already knows the consequences of it. The looks on their faces and the eight thousand times of nagging on how stupid she was and all the obvious remarks she would get makes her shudder on the thought of it. She perfectly knows how secrets are strictly prohibited in her group. You can’t hide anything because that’s what sisters are for and she feels deeply sorry for lying whenever they ask her. She’s a coward and she knows that. Yoona uncontiously crumples the receipt on her table.

 

Too engrossed in her thoughts, Yoona didn't notice that dark clouds were starting to hover the skies. Her eyes gazes at how the droplets slide down in the glass windows and glances a few people running on the streets to avoid the liquids pouring from above. She inhales the pleasant smell of aroma inside her new favorite coffee shop. To everyone's knowledge, Yoona wasn't a coffee-lover back then. In fact, she didn't understand how others would succumed themselves over  the drink. But her co-star in Love Rain consistently had a cup for her and that changed her perception and got hooked to it instantly. She even used to drag her ex to her coffee shop-hopping adventure. But now, she's alone in her little escapade and has been avoiding the places where she reminds her of him. She internally praises herself for discovering this newly found haven . The ambiance of the cafe helps Yoona to relax herself a bit when random things are stressing her out. 

 

She hums on the last few lines of Kim Dong Ryul’s `How I Am`. It’s her new jam song recently. This coffee shop always plays her favorite songs and it’s one of the reasons why she keeps coming back to this place. Her lips curves upward as the song ended before she raises her eyebrow on next song’s intro. It’s familiar, she thinks. She just can’t pin point where she could have possibly heard it. 

 

“Nae simjangui saekkkareun black, Sikeomeoke tabeoryeo just like that..” (*You can listen to it here*)

 

Just then, A rugged husky voice surrounds the entire cafe through it’s speakers and Yoona curses inwardly hearing it. ‘’What a perfect day,’’ she rolls her eyes in sarcasm. She grumpily reaches for her latte to take a sip. Her eyebrows furrows in annoyance when she feels a single drop only reaches the tip of her tongue. She grunts in frustration for herself. These little things are now irking her bit by bit when she notices her newly bought iphone vibrating. 

 

‘Lee Seung Gi’ Right. Yoona softens as she reads the caller’s name. She’s currently in the next level of getting-to-know stage with the guy on the other line. Then a sudden pang of guilt hits her for the obvious reasons. She stares at her phone for seconds before swiping her screen. 

“Hey..” Yoona walks out of the cafe and mentally noted that she’ll never comeback to that place again. 

 

 

Yoona stands four inches higher now thanks to her black Louboutin pumps. She's wearing a navy blue sheer sleeve dress with a simple narrow belt complementing it. Last week, she just got invited to Teddy and Han Ye Seul’s party. But it’s nothing new already. She always got invited by their parties - with even different concepts.

As a matter of fact, it was Jiyong who introduced her to the couple and all in his circle but don’t get her wrong. She always tries to avoid him in every way after their breakup and the worst thing she could possibly imagine would be them meeting on music shows but maybe luck is in her side. Two top rival companies don’t let their two big groups to have comeback at the same time and it’s one of the reasons she’s thankful of her talent agency.

It’s just that when it comes to this couple, she just can’t say no. It would be plainly rude if she’ll stop to keep in touch with them just because she and their long-time friend broke up. Besides, she has nothing to worry about. Han Ye Seul already told her in advance that he won’t be in the party again. As always, Yoona acts like she doesn’t care if he’s there but deep inside, she’s actually grateful as hell. Jiyong unfailingly have his reasons not to come. Sometimes, Yoona thinks he’s intentionally doing it. They have a million reasons for not wanting their paths to meet anyway. They both knew how they ended up pretty badly. They fought for weeks after that spiteful day and eventually got tired of trying to understand each other's sides.

 

Before getting out from her car, she checks herself in the front mirror for the last time. Swiftly puts the lip gloss on and merely brushes her fringe with the tips of her fingers. She looks perfect and she’ll be having fun this night or so she thought. 

 

She was welcomed by the famous YG’s producer together with his ever-gorgeous famous actress/girlfriend. Teddy’s warm smile and Han Ye Seul’s bear hug greets her and she just can’t help to be envious again with them whenever they meet. They simply look perfect with each other.

 

Yoona roams around the place after the couple left to greet the other guests. She encounters Chaerin and Dara and they chatter for a while. Just then, five young boys approach her who introduces themselves as the new rookies of YG. Their quirkiness amuses her and thinks they’re adorable as cupcakes. She tries to remember each of them as they gracefully recite their names to the seven-year sunbae. She notes how one of the members, Jiwoon? Jin-? has a pair of doe-eyes just like hers. Yoona parts with the group for a while to get a drink. She heads to the counter and she notices that a large of people have already gathered. 

 

Untill finally, her eyes unintentionally darts on a specific area where an oh-so familiar figure slowly joins the crowd. Yoona feels her palms starting to sweat despite the cool temperature. It’s like the music stopped and she could only hear the sound of her heart pounding hard against her ribcage. Then a terrible feeling strikes her in the pit of her stomach. She desperately prays for the earth’s crust to open and hide her right at this moment. 

 

Fate was really cruel to Im Yoona. 

 


a/n: sorry if i updated late..because *insert petty excuses here* sorry about that but..was the update okay? lol. 

so subscribe, upvote (if you liked it), and comment (would be so loved) now~!