Chapter 7

The Broken and The Blessed

She opened her eyes to find herself back in the home of the first boys she had met, surrounded by light once again. As she glanced around the room she noticed that the boys were no longer there, she only hoped that they would return soon.

 

"That's weird, I really thought I was going to go back to my own realm."

 

She picked herself up off of the ground and shakily made her way to one of the couches. She hoped that by the time they returned she would have regained her strength. Her eyes travelled around the room, her opinion of it was very different than it was when she first came here. the first time she was here she was slightly afraid and didn't like the boys at all. She thought that they were cruel and rude, she still thought that they were rude but now she realized that it wasn't their fault. The world had been cruel to them and they had adapted their personalities so that they could survive. She wasn't scared at all now, not of them at least. Except for Chen, she was still apprehensive when it came to him but was determined to find the good in him. She was convinced that it was in there, hidden deep within the very fibers of his being.

 

She felt like hours had passed since she had returned to the realm, but she still hadn't moved from her spot on the couch and there was still no sign of any of the boys. Several more minutes passed in silence before she hears the door open and the shuffling of feet is heard making its way towards her location. She only hoped that it was one of the boys who didn't hate her.

 

Luck never was on her side.

 

Chen froze when he stepped into the room, his eyes locked on hers. A whole minute passed with them simply staring at each other.

 

Of all the people that could have walked into the room it just had to be the one that hated her the most. He was the most upset with her, he thought she was trouble, and after the visit from the Abettors she knew he would not be pleased with her. If anything it solidified his dislike for her. She only hoped that he wouldn't throw her out or turn her over to the people who were looking for her. She really didn't want to die, and something told her that if those men got their hands on her that would be exactly what would happen.

 

She could tell when he snapped out of his stupor, his muscles tensed and his eyes narrowed in a glare. A sense of fear jolted through her body, she could tell that something bad was going to happen. She just couldn't tell how bad it was going to be. Considering who she was talking to anything could happen. She inhaled sharply as he opened his mouth, preparing herself for what was to come.

 

"What the are you doing here? I thought you were gone forever!"

 

She gulped, the nervousness rising within her once again.

 

"Umm, I'm not quite sure to be honest."

 

His glare intensified and he scowled at her.

 

"Why the is it that you never know a god damned thing about what the hell is happening to you?! I mean really, you never seem to have a ing clue as to what is  going on! You just float through life hoping other people will help you! Usually people at least have some kind of idea about what is going on in their lives, but not you! I'm so ing sick of this you have no idea, and this is only the second time I've seen you!"

 

"Sorry, believe me I wish I knew more as well."

 

She offered a cautious smile, hoping to ease the tension between them. Unfortunately it didn't work. It probably never would, not with him at least.

 

"Yeah well do me a favor and figure it the out. If it weren't for the others and their stupid decision to help you I would have kicked you out by now and left you to die out in the realm. Even better I would've already given you to the Abettors. So consider yourself lucky that the others are willing to put up with your , because I am taking no part in it. Just know that if you start really causing trouble, to the point where there is almost no way for us to get out of it, I will throw your out of this house and leave you to die. I don't care what the others have to say about it, there is no way I'm letting some from nowhere ruin my whole life."

 

That being said he stomped his way up the stairs, the slamming of a door following closely after his disappearance. Once he was gone she released a large sigh, she had been unconsciously holding her breath since he had started talking to her. She allowed herself to relax back into the couch, the fear slowly seeping out of her body as she sat there.


She was left to wait once again. Although this time the wait was much shorter. Less than fifteen minutes had elapsed before she heard the door open once again, this time she could tell that more than one person had entered the house. Nervousness suddenly overtook her body, she hadn't really thought about it before but now she was worried about how they would react to seeing her again. After all, the last time she was here she had done nothing but cause problems for them. She had the urge to hide from them, her eyes wandered around the room looking for some place to conceal her form. Nothing stood out to her though. The hiding place that Lay had shown her last time popped into her mind and she stood up to make her way to that small little room. A loud gasp was heard from the other side of the room, she had missed her chance.


 

Sorry for the long absence, I was sick again and ended up moving somewhere with better hospitals so I should be getting better soon (hopefully). Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the chapter and I appreciate you taking the time to read this! Don't be afraid to correct my grammar if something is wrong!