One

Can't Smile Without You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The loud ringing sound of the alarm clock rudely woke Luhan up that morning. He slammed the switch off button and lazily got out of bed. He made his way to the kitchen and and drank a glass of water while going through his emails on his black iPhone 6.

Subject: Proposal for Jade Hotel and Shopping Complex Seoul

Subject: Proposed development of Jade Housing Complex Beijing

Subject: 2014 Financial Analysis of Jade Group of Companies

..and the list goes on and on. Luhan tossed his phone on the kitchen counter and poured himself another glass of water. Suddenly, his phone rang. He saw the caller ID and hesitated to answer at first. After the second ring, he reluctantly pressed the green button.

"Hello."

"Check your emails."

"I already did."

"I want you to review all of it and send me your response by tomorrow."

"Yes, I will.. Baba."

The phone call ended and Luhan heaved a deep sigh. It was only 8 in the morning in Melbourne where he was at, and only 6 am in Seoul where his father was at. There was no denying that his father was a workaholic. From when he was younger, his father was already out and about running their family business which was handed down from Luhan's grandfather to his father.

Being the only child, Luhan was the sole heir to their family business. Hence, he sacrificed his youth into devoting himself to the family's business empire.

Luhan's phone rang again and he immediately picked it up.

"Before you say anything, I'm reminding you of your promise last night."

"Xiumin, I can't make it. I'm-"

"Busy yeah whatever businessman. But you've agreed to play futsal with us today and there's no backing out. EXO-M versus EXO-K remember?"

"Well can't you find someone else to replace me? I've got loads of work to do."

"I thought you finished the finance assignment a day after it was assigned to us?"

"I wasn't referring to our college assignment."

"Ah.. The usual business projects homework huh? I'm sorry man, but a promise is a promise! Just this one friendly futsal match and I won't bother you anymore."

"But-"

"Nope no excuses. If you don't come I'll spread that picture of you sleeping with your mouth wide open on our college's Facebook page. I gotta go now so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter