Toilet Urgency

Toilet Urgency

 

You flipped through the reference book when a sudden urgency hit you. "Really, right now?" You mumbled to yourself and rushed to the toilet, grabbing your phone along. You raced to the washroom and jerked right back, before you hit a huge sign put up in front of the door.



-Maintenance in progress please visit the washroom at the second level, we apologize for the inconvenience-


"UGH SERIOUSLY!" You rolled your eyes while pushing your thighs together simultaneously, looking like an awkward ostrich. You bit your lips, trying hard to push your needs back. You turned to your right, glanced to the toilet then checked along the hallway, looking like a murder suspect. "Dammit there's no one here anyway!" You bit your lips again and rushed into the toilet to relief your needs.
 
You were finishing up your business when someone walked in abruptly, making you stop your pee halfway.You shut your eyes and mentally smacked yourself in the face. You shuffled your feet and pushed your shorts up to knee level. Contemplating whether you should let it out again or wait but there wasn't any sound. 
 
"I can see your feet." A deep voice announced.
 
"." 
 
"Just get it done and over with, there's no one else here."
 
You quickly got things done and stood behind the door preparing for the huge embarrassment. You your lips and pushed the door open slowly.
 
The owner of the voice wore a V line shirt, jeans with converse. Mohawk-ed his hair, had beautiful eyes, defining jawline and a perfect nose. He leaned against the wall beside the entrance, scanning you from the top to bottom casually, his hands in his pocket and one feet pushed back against the wall.

Of all times of course you had to meet someone this perfect at this time in the toilet. How much you wanted to jump right off a cliff. Life's been a jerk to you anyway. You smiled cheekily at him.

"After you." He gestured towards the basins, bringing you back to face reality.

"Oh right, I'll be quick, sorry." You placed your phone on the counter and washed your hands briefly before rushing out without even drying them.

Just as you passed him, he grabbed your wrist and pulled you back. 

Oh god... You mumbled to yourself. You bit your lips again and turned towards him slowly.

"Um... Yes...?" 

"Your phone." He pointed to the counter where your phone laid. 

"Oh yeah. My phone. Um yeah thanks." You muttered awkwardly. Your face flushing red by then.

You your lips and grabbed your phone off the counter at lightning speed and looked at him then blushed again.  

The corners of his lips curved up. "It's okay, we all have to prioritize this kind of needs first."

You looked down immediately, letting your hair fall, covering your hot and crimson face.

"Hah... yeah...I guess." You weren't really laughing but looked up and gave him a crooked smile then rushed right back out straight to your seat at the library.


"OH MYGAWDD!!" You pushed back your hair and wanted to force your fist down your throat. "Guhhhhgg" you let out screams of frustration. "I love my damned life!" You muttered sarcastically.

You got back into typing your thesis now that that was the priority, and soon enough that matter was pushed to the back of your head. 


"Hoo... This is some hard work right here.." You smiled, scrolling through the long page of dedication and sweat. You packed your things and got up, bringing your wrist to chest level and checking the time. It indicated 11.50pm just ten minutes before the library closes. 

You walked out, greeting the sleepy librarian and strolled to the bus stop. There was a single lamppost near the bus stop and that was the only source of light along with the faint moonlight  covered by the clouds. A cool breeze grazed your body sending you shivering and It started raining soon enough. 

Someone ran up to the bus stop just then, brushing his arms. You looked up, meeting the eyes of the stranger. He leaned against the huge advertisement board, facing you, more like staring at your eyes.

Oh god it was him again. Your eyes widened and your head snapped back down to your flats. 

"Great." You mumbled, so quietly even you couldn't hear yourself under the sound of the pouring rain. 

Silence. Nothing except the sound of the rain. No one talked. The rain got heavier by the minute. You could see him shift his weight to his left feet from the corner of your eyes. 

He took one side of his earpiece off and fumbled with it for a while. 

"So... Can I at least have your name? Mines Jongin. Kim Jongin" He asked, smiling. You shyly told him your name and everything went into dead 
silence again.

"Umm, do you like... Live around here?" Jongin was definitely trying to start a conversation with you so you joined him although you were still embarrassed. "No, I live around the Namyung-joo area. Just ride the bus all the way."

"Well, we're waiting for the same bus then I guess." He shrugged.

"Hey umm, earlier just now... I just.. You know.. Uh don't see me as a weird girl okay, I just got needs to handle and the toilet closed down. Like I'm totally not that kind of stalker and weird whatever who goes into the guys washroom to see.. Umm... ." You bit your lips, immediately regretting what you just said. 

Jongin laughed. "Hey, it's okay really, I'll just take it as nothing happened. I mean when I was in high school, I happened to fall into the same situation and this girl saw me. So she screamed and yeah.." 

"Woah, did she like get on with her ninja moves or hit you with a mop?" Your positioned your hands in a weird ninja attack stance then continued, "Because there's this one time during night study, it was April fools day and this guy like, crept up on me so I threw a punch at his face. His nose started bleeding and I still feel sorry for him, until now." You pouted at the thought of the person you punched.

Jongin laughed again. "Wow really? Guess you're a tough girl, huh? But well, no, I only got kicked into the principle's office. Lucky I didn't meet you." He smirked
 
I threw him a glare "Meanie."

The roaring engine of the bus cut the conversation, the bus was finally here.

Both of you got on the bus and sat together at the back of the bus. It made you blush again, that fact that he sat with you when there were so much empty seats all around.

You and Jongin rode the bus, talking about more random stuff and finding common interest in each other the more you guys talked. And shared music together even. 

Your eyelids slowly started dropping after long conversations with him. Your head nodded down and to the side, occasionally hitting the window and Jongin's shoulders.

A sudden blanket of warmth spread around and embraced you. You opened your eyes slowly and looked up with sleepy eyes. His jacket was wrapped around you, his eyes scanning your eyes. Damn, he's beautiful.

"You're shivering." He said and you didn't refuse. The warmth of his jacket was comforting in this cold air conditioning, and the rain just made everything cooler. You smiled at him, as a sign of appreciation to his graciousness. 

Some ballad you didn't know was playing through his earpiece, it matched with the rain hitting the windows and the engine faintly sounding throughout the bus. All the music seemed to make you both forget everything and just sleep peacefully.

No one talked for a long while until he broke the silence. "I love those dimples though..." He said, flashing his sweet smile down at you. Your dimples. He loved them. God, you were getting dizzy because of him.

And wow. His smile mesmerized you. It shone under the lights and your sleepy disorganized mind urged you to do something crazy. So you did. You pecked his cheeks real quick and closed your eyes again.

You heard Jongin let out a short breath, sensing the gorgeous smile plastered on his face. You smiled to yourself then leaned on his shoulders, falling back asleep, enjoying the rest of the ride with him.
 
Your toilet needs wasn't a really bad thing today after all.