As if it was all a dream

One more chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His whole body was burning, as if all of his organs and flesh were set on fire, yet a few seconds after, a freezing cold feeling replaced the burning sensation, like he was placed in a ice cave buried ten feet under the Antarctica making his limbs shivering uncontrollably in pain. It was in an long lasting torment, 
an endless nightmare of hell without end or exit. 
An eternity wouldn't even be an exaggeration of the duration of his suffering, until a sharp white light suddenly shined on top of his head as his shoulder was brutally shaking and a loud yell resonated shaking his eardrums:
"Wake up!"

The natural reflex of his muscles contracted in surprise and soon, when he has gain enough consciousness to open his heavy eyelids, a familiar face could be seen inches from his own. After a few blinks, he realized the one that jumped on top of him was none other than Himchan, leaving him dumbfounded staring at the latter enable to fully proceed the situation. 
His eyes then carefully scanned his surrounding, a place pushed far back in his memory: the dark blue wallpaper, thick velvet curtains framing the large windows and the softness of the duvet under his fingers, there is no doubt that he was inside his old room when he used to live in his parents' mansion.
"Where is Kim Seokjin" slowly asked Daehyun, absentmindedly his cracked lips as his gaze turn
"Who's that?" asked Himchan, confused by the mention of the unheard name, crooking one eyebrow and mocked: "Do you have a fever or you need to get your head checked again for saying silly things?" before sliding hand unto his forehead. 
"Oh my, you do have a fever" gasped the elder after a moment sensing his burning skin "stay here, let me notice your footman."
A hand quickly grabbed the bottom of his shirt stopping him on the way, Himchan turned around, his eyes trail  a questioning gaze to the owner of the hand. 
Daehyun awkwardly loosened his grip and quickly asked: 
"What date is it?" 
Himchan rolled his eyes and scolded:
"September 2th, I can't believe you forgot the date of your college entrance." 
"What year we are in?" The elder's eyes grew and stare at him as if he has became insane and mumbled to himself 
"we should probably call a doctor if you are starting to hallucinate due to the heat" 
"Answer me" to the sight of Daehyun's serious expression, Himchan replied unwillingly:
"Fine, we are in 2001. Please tell me you are not going to ask next what's your name is like those female protagonists after a car accident in dramas?" 
"No, It's not necessary" Daehyun shook his head and clarified "that and the doctor, just bring me a glass of water and some aspirins" 
Himchan didn't seem to be fully convinced of his friend's sudden strange attitude, yet brushed it off with a shrug:
"If you say so, but I'm still going to call to your mother and notify her, just in case she finds out later and accuse me for hiding stuffs from her again." as he quickly pulled out his tongue at the mention of the woman that neither of them were close to before turning on his heels and leaving the room.
Once the door shut close and the silence englobed the room,

Daehyun could finally start to think about his current circumstances.

He has never been a believer of God or any form of religions, and needlessly to say, has never had an extended knowledge on theories of afterlife.

At first he doubted this was just a creation of his imagination, therefore he pinched himself, twice just to make sure, but the pain was to real to pretend it was all a dream.

Yet, those horrifying images craved into his brain were too lively to pretend the entire life he saw running in front of his eyes when his body hit the cold ground after the bullet hit his chest was all a mirage.

 

The only possibility, as ludicrous as it sounds, is that both of those are real.

 

How? He has no clue, whether he reincarnated into his old-self or parallel universe truly exist, one thing he knew for certain is that, now he could finally fix his past mistakes and make things right.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter