if only you knew...

One more chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In summary, how jung daehyun changes from an antagonist to a protagonist

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

25 June 2004,

It was the day that Jung Daehyun got married to Byun Baekhyun.
A union that everyone blessed expect the newly weddied groom.

In fact, Jung Daehyun never met the bride before their big day.                                                                                                                          

It was just political wedding after all.

No love, no emotions, just power and money. 

 

At first, Baekhyun did his best to please him and act a loving and attentive wife which he didn't refuse.

Why would he reject the physical advances of such a pretty young man?

But as time passes by, he got annoyed with him and especially the fact that he picking his nose into his personal stuff, behaving too much like his real spouse.

 

Coincidentally, Youngjae, his friend with benefits since high school, has came back to Korea at that time.

Daehyun shamelessly began to contact Youngjae again, and started to come home less and less. 

And each time, he did come home, there were bite marks all around his neck which he didn't even bother to cover in front of his wife. 

 

When Baekhyun couldn't support of being cheated on any longer, he asked for a divorce. 

He didn't expect that his abusive husband would have taken it well, but the latter did much worse this time.

Daehyun and hit him warning him that if their marriage crushed, so would their company and both of their family.

 

Ironically, it was that that made Baekhyun pregnant.

During the whole gestation, Daehyun didn't go home once. 

He did show up after the labor. The father took a quick look at the baby and agreed to the suggestion of Baekhyun calling him Taehyung since he didn't really care what name his son gets. 

He never really liked children, but in order to preserve his image, Daehyun didn't hesitate to play that role of ideal and caring father and husband in front of his peers and subordinates for the following eighteen years. 

 

Even after all those sufferings, Baekhyun never dared to ask for a divorce ever again.

Not only was he afraid that his family might be hurt, but most of all, their son might be sent away from him if he dared to mention that sensitive topic. 

Taehyung learnt from a very young age, that each time their butler passed some words of his father to his mother, that his mother's face will turn as white as a sheet. He didn't like his father, he was never at home, and each time he did came home, he would always punish him for small mistakes that he had made through his abscence.

In fact, Taehyung has never really been closed with his dad who does not seems to want to improve their relationship either. He had his mom there, and that is more than enough for him.   

 

Jung Daehyun never stopped seeing Youngjae even after Taehyung's birth. In fact, he is more used to have with him than with his wife.   One night after their intimate session, "Daehyun" Youngjae whispered softly while resting his head on Daehyun's chest  "now that your father has passed away and cannot interfer with your decisions anymore, when are you going to divorce and marry me?"

"You must be insane" The latter pushed the man of him and got up to get dressed "I have to go now, stay if you want, the room is booked until tomorrow morning"

After hearing those cold words, Youngjae couldn't but cried out:

"What do I even mean to you?" He choked on his sobbing. "How long have we been together? 20 years! 20 ing years! How can you do this to me? What am I even to you Jung Daehyun?" 

"A friend" Daehyun paused a little before answering "that I can have with"

Then he walked out of the room without looking back. 

And both of them knew, since Youngjae crossed that line, there is no going back. 

 

When Taehyung blowed his eighteen candles on his birthday cake,

his father brought him the most unpleasant gift of his life, a wedding contract.

Daehyun casually told his son that he better break up with his long-term boyfriend Hoseok and marry with the heir of the Kim companies, Kim Seokjin, if he wanted his mother to still be able to live a decent life in his hou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter