I Miss You

I Miss You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Listen to this song while reading. :)

--

"How are you?"

I was sitting on the hospital bed with a casted broken leg. Apparently, I am a very unlucky, clumsy girl who tripped on nothing.

"I'm good." I smiled at Mark who's looking really worried about me.

He raised his brow after sighing really hard. "I told you to take care." He told me.

I smiled wider. "It's fine. You're here to take care of me when I'm hurt." I beamed.

Mark's my boyfriend. We've been together for almost 2 years now.

When I was new in Seoul, I had no one I knew. My parents died and I don't want to be a burden to my Aunt since I know that she also has a family to feed and clothe.

I used up the trust fund that my parents left me and wandered my way to Seoul from Busan. I was like a lost kid. No, I am really a lost one - only, I wasn't a kid anymore.

I met Mark when I was looking for a school to transfer to and a dorm or a room to live in. My parents left me money huge enough for me to live for a year or two. I can just work part-time to suffice myself afterwards.

Mark is staying in the boys' dorm of the school I looked into. He showed me the directions to the girls' dorm because the caretaker was called back to the admin's office.

He has always been the warm type. Like someone you could always lean onto.

I was the total opposite.

I was anti-social and autistic. Maybe it was because my parents died early and I didn't have any siblings. I could survive this world on my own and I have no problems with not having friends.

So, I don't have one.

Except for Mark, I guess?

He was always there, looking out for me, and even though I know I don't need protecting, I let him.

There is this certain charm in him and I fell in love for that.

We've been dating for almost 2 years now and I still feel the spark. Is that even possible?

We're graduating this year and I'm thinking of going to college with him.

Maybe I changed. And maybe it was because of him.

"Lora, stop making me worry about you, please." He pleaded as he sat beside me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"I'm okay. I don't want you to worry, too." I replied and held his free hand.

He sighed hard and shut his eyes.

"So, what were you going to tell me?" I asked him.

He shook his head. "I'll just tell you when you get out of here." He told me.

I gave him a look. I've known him long enough to distinguish his facial expressions.

And right now, I feel like he's hiding something from me.

"Okay." I gave up and just planned on waiting for what he would tell me.

He smiled. "The doctor said you can go home later." He informed me.

I smiled and nodded. "Then that's good!" I beamed. "You know how much I hate the hospitals."

He smiled weakly and pulled me closer to him. "Don't think about it." He kissed the side of my head.

I smiled weakly and sighed. Hospitals make me think of how my parents died that unfortunate night due to a vehicular accident. I was there when they were getting treated and being revived. I was there when they breathed their last.

So, I guess I have to avoid some medicine courses in college then.

I feel a bit better now though because Mark is looking after me.

To be honest, I don't know what to do without him. I would’ve been stuck in the old Lora Lee if I didn’t meet him. I would’ve been the coldest person in the whole world.

But all thanks to Mark, I warmed up a bit.

--

“Careful.” Mark was assisting me as I entered my dorm room. My roommate Kia isn’t around because she’s a socially-rich person who’s a member of almost all of the clubs in the school. She could be the living example of Miss Congeniality while I am the opposite.

Kia is kind but since I don’t get to talk to her often, I’m a bit aloof. We’re a bit awkward. Or maybe it’s just me? I don’t know.

I sat on the couch while Mark is looking down on me.

“It’s really not a good idea that you are at the top bunk, you know.” He told me pertaining to our bed. I took over the top bunk while Kia owned the lower one because she has too much errands. Being at the top bunk isn’t an option for her.

I shrugged. “Maybe I should just sleep at the couch for the mean time.” I told him. He narrowed his eyes on me. “I mean, the cast is just going to go on for a 3 weeks. I can put up with that.” I smiled, trying to assure him that I’m going to be alright.

He sighed and massaged his temples. “How am I going to tell you what I am supposed to tell you if you’re being like this?” He mumbled but I caught his words.

I narrowed my eyes on him. “What are you going to tell me?” I asked him.

He sighed once again. Why is he always sighing?

Suddenly, I felt my heart slamming through my chest. Why do I feel like he’s going to break a bad news to me in any minute from now?

“Are you okay?” I asked him with a voice full of anxiety.

He sighed and walked towards me. He kneeled in front of me and held my hands. “Let’s break up.” He told me.

My world stopped.

Did he just say break up?

“W-what?” I asked in disbelief.

He shut his eyes before looking into my eyes again. “Let’s break up.” He repeated.

And that’s when it settled in me. I pulled my hands from him. “You…are breaking up with me.” I breathed as the tears are starting to fall down.

He was looking straight into my eyes. “Lor-“

“Why?” I interrupted his words. He stopped and looked at me again. “Why…are you breaking up with me? Did I go wrong?” I asked him.

He shook his head. “No, no. It’s not you. It’s me.” He replied.

“Screw that reasoning, Mark.” I beamed madly at him. “You can just tell me that you don’t love me anymore or that you just played games on me.” I started to break down.

He tried to get my hands again. “Lora, please…” He pleaded.

“What?” I asked. “What’s your reason?”

He shut his eyes and bit his lip. “Okay, I don’t love you anymore.” He started. I don’t know why I’m still listening to this. My heart is slowly getting trampled on and I am still here, listening to the reasons that would break my heart into a thousand pieces.

“I just tried to keep up with you because I was worried about you living alone.” He added and I felt like I was the most pathetic person in the whole world.

“Did you ever love me? Or were you just worried about me? Did you just want to look after me?” I asked him and he just remained quiet.

I wiped my tears harshly and scoffed. “Thanks.” I told him. “Thanks for looking after me.” He looked at me. “You may now leave.” I told him as I looked away.

I want to stop now. I want to stop loving him as well. I want to stop feeling. But how do you unlove someone? How do you stop falling? How could you stop gravity from pulling you down? Why didn’t Isaac Newton thought of a way to stop gravity?

“Lora, look at me.” He told me.

Why would I look at him? He just broke up with me. I am just a nobody to him now. And he should as well be a nobody for me.

He held my face and made me look at him. His eyes were full of sadness. Or maybe he is just sympathizing with me. After all, that’s what he thought of me in the first place. That’s what all he felt for me from the beginning.

“Please don’t kick me out of your life.” He told me. “I want to take care of you. Let me still take care of you.” He caressed my cheek. “We are still friends. I will still eat with you in lunch. I will still walk you to class. I am still your best friend.” He told me. Maybe he thought that would possibly make me feel better.

I sighed. So this is why they always say that you shouldn’t love your friends in a different light. Apparently and eventually, when you break up, the friendship fades away with the love. Your friendship can never be saved.

It will never be the same way again.

“You still need me right now.” He told me. “Especially right now.”

I gave him a look. “Then you shouldn’t ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter