The Invitation

Our Love Story

Kai made his way to the rooftop as he had some straightening to do. A few minutes later, the door to the rooftop was opened and there came Chanyeol. The taller boy knew that the rooftop is the dancer’s favourite spot when he need to think about stuff.

“What is it, man?” Chanyeol started out.

“I just... need time to adjust myelf...” Kai replied drily

“Adjust yourelf to what? The fact that you love Kyungsoo but he isn’t yours?” Chanyeol replied.

“Speak for yourself, take care of your Cinnamon Byun...” the dancer replied with an amused tone.

“What? This isn’t about me... The point is, you have to man up and confess to him before it was too late, you know?” Chanyeol replied, blushing.

“You, my friend... need a mirror” Kai replied, feeling like he just won a dancing competition.

Kai then left the blushing Chanyeol alone as he made his way to his locker, wanting to get his books. It was now one o’clock and he was ready for the last period. When his locker was in sight, he could see Kyungsoo leaning against his locker and his heart is popping uncontrollably.

“Kai!” Kyungsoo shouted as he saw Kai from afar. He ran his way as he hugged him, asking if he was alright. People were looking at him, but he couldn’t care less. His dongsaeng is more important in this very moment.

“Kyungsoo...” whe dancer replied, dropping his usual cold looks as he smiled his heart out, looking at his precious Kyungsoo. HIS KYUNGSOO.

This time, Kai was determined to make Kyungsoo see that he loved him and he was willing to make the boy fell for him. Thus, he decided to wait for the shorter male later. He then told Kyungsoo not to worry as he took Kyungsoo’s hand and made their way to class after Kai took his books.

---

PRACTICE ROOM:

Kyungsoo was practicing his high notes when one of his hoobae, Wendy, entered the room.

“Sorry for being late sunbae, I have to finish some projects before.” Wendy apologized to Suho as he was the leader of the club.

“That’s okay, Wendy. I know school can be a pain in the sometimes haha” the older joked

---

Kyungsoo was now inside the practice room and Kai had waited for an hour and a half. The schedule said that the practice lasted for an hour, but he guessed that it had something to do with Wendy being late. He knew Wendy because Wendy’s best friend, Irene, is in his dancing team. They met a few times for Irene invited her to their practice sometimes. Kai also talked a bit with her before she went inside, just a friendly talk.

It was four o’clock when the club was dismissed and Kyungsoo was the first person to get  out of the practice room. As Kai saw Kyungsoo, his heart fluttered, but Kyungsoo seemed to be in a hurry.

“Oh, Kai! Hey~ fighting!” Kyungsoo said, thinking that Kai would be practicing for the evening.

“Hey,” Kai replied, showing a goofy smile.

“Oh, I gotta go ho—wait, it’s Tuesday! You don’t have practice on Tuesday, right? Kyungsoo suddenly stopped.

“Yeah... Actually...” Kai was about to explained when Kyungsoo said that he had to go home before it was too dark. He had a bad eyesight. Kai’s smile too was slowly going away, but it all changes when Wendy came to Kyungsoo.

“Kyungsoo o... oppa, Kai Oppa was waiting for you because he wanted to have a meal together with you... He told me earlier” Wendy explained

Kai blushed at Wendy’s explanation and Kyungsoo felt really guilty as he “rejected” Kai earlier and he felt bad that the dancer was waiting for him for more than an hour. Then, an idea popped up in his mind an he decided to invite Kai to his apartment. Kyungsoo knew that they lived near each other anyway.

“Kai... Do you want to... uhm... come over to my house? I’ll cook you something” Kyungsoo asked awkwardly as he realized that his question came out weirdly.

“If.. T-That’s alright with you” Kai replied, stuttering.

“Of course it’s alright~ Leet’s go! Bye, Wendy...” Kyungsoo said excitedly.

“See you when I see you, Wen...” Kaid said while mouthing thank you to her.

“Bye Oppadeul~” she replied and turning on his heel, making his way to find Irene.

---

Baekhyun and Chanyeol were losing track of their best friend when suddenly Wendy came to them, telling them that Kyungsoo went home with Kai. The boys just smiled and looked at each other, excited to see the sudden development of their best friends’ love life. Little did they know, Joy, one of the rappers in the singing club heard everything and texted his friend Seulgi. It wasn’t that Joy and Seulgi were bad people, they just loved to gossip around. If Joy knew the news of Kai and Kyungsoo going home together, the whole school would find out the next day. As simple as that.

---

 

A/N: Cameo by Red Velvet!