Downright expensive.

The fancy dinner.

“So…” he breathes out, the steam rushing out from his lips as the cold air slowly stabbed into your skin. “You fell, for him.” you nodded, looking away as you played with a coin between your frozen fingers. “Yup. I did”

 

You couldn’t really look up, your hair was damp and heavy above your eyes, they smelled like apples as the shampoo’s scent lingered. Changjo had called out late at night, right after you came back from the dinner. “Is he good?” the can tipped off and the beer flowed down into his lips and he closed his eyes, waiting for an answer. “Yeah. I mean, he’s nice. He treats me like a lady so its kinda awesome actually.” Casually the words flowed down your lips as you mirrored his action and gulped down the orange juice. His face darkened at the sight, while his eyes rolled in an unexplainable manner. But like always, you ignored them, these signs because he was the one who said that you were nothing but a close acquaintance.

 

“Hmm, he’s a bit old though. No, he’s so old that he can be your father ara?!” the husky, deep voice echoed a tone higher as he harshly opened another can of liquor. He looked so disturbed that the mere view of it made your heart rather sore. But then, when your knuckles collided with his shoulder, a smile had loosened his tense, sulky face. You nudged him gently, like always, gentle enough to barely make him flinch.

 

“Hey what does it matter to you, Jonghyun?” You spoke as you looked into his smiling eyes; it was such a pretty view. The way his lips curled up and his cheeks puffed up by the slight expression, and how he always tried to hide them was lovely.

 

“And in fact he took me to a fancy dinner today. I get to wear that black dress, do you remember? The one we bought together last year?” he rolled his eyes again as he answered half-heartedly; smacking the cans with his fingers as he watched them tumble down. “He was downright gentleman; I mean there were a group of girls practically growling at me!” You told him, enthusiastically. You wanted to share how it felt, being appreciated. However it was wrong, very wrong in fact.

 

He stood up abruptly. “GET UP.” He demanded, staring dead into your eyes. You could see the anger boiling out through his skin; his ears were a shade of deep red. “I’M TAKING YOU TO DINNER”

 

“What?!” you shrieked, throwing a glare in response.  “No. I’m in my pajamas, how do you expect me to go out like this. Honestly Jonghyun, I’m going back cuz I won’t deal with this attitude. I had a great day, please don’t ruin it for me” you cried, with your hand curled into a ball. Your fist was hidden behind your back as you walked away.

 

“I SAID I’M TAKING YOU FOR DINNER. WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!!!” he screamed, but you didn’t look back. Suddenly, you felt your arms pulled. Running his hands through his hair, he looked entirely enraged. “What are you doing?! You were the one who said I wouldn’t worth your money when I asked you to treat me dinner a few months ago.”

 

His fingers loosened as you skin burned, he held it too strong.

 

“I just…”

 

“I don’t like it. Him taking you to dinner, seeing that dress you bought and even just sitting around you.” He sighed as his nails dug into his scalp; he was looking to the streets. Somehow you could see his eyes looking rather damp. “Well you can’t stop me from going out with him. I’m just a friend, remember?”

 

“I’m not that girl who has to hide her feelings anymore, I’m taken.”  You explained; his eyes close painfully as he listened. Seeing it you took a step back, you were lying, you had always loved him. But just before you turned away you felt his warm finger grazing over the palm of your hand. It was hanging frailly as you paused.

 

“Let me take you to dinner. Let me make those girls growl for you. Just let it be me.”

“I’ll take you for a fancy dinner.”

“I’d pay anything, so… just one dinner.”

 

It was as if he had begged and it made you shiver. You held his hands, bending slightly to meet his eyes which were locked on the ground. “Are you confessing Choi Jong Hyun.”

 

He turned away as his face became red, he was definitely flustered. It was such a breath taking view and it made you break into the brightest smile as you cupped your cheeks, warming them and feeling blessed. It was wrong to do so since you had just came back from a date with another man but the way he made your heart flutter was impossible to resist. He looked at you and smiling back, he pulled you closer to his chest and spoke “Hey, I’ll treat you to endless buffet if you go out with me. You can wear that dress every day if you want to and if you ever get tired of it, we’ll go out and buy a new one. Okay?”

 

“Hmm really, then I want to have the most expensive dinner ever at that five star hotel you went with Teen Top.” you grabbed the fibers of his knitted sweater, pushing your face deeper into his chest as you felt his hands wrapping tighter around your shoulders.

 

 

“Okay, I’ll even book the suite for us.” He spoke gently as his lips puckered around the nape of your neck, breathing the sweet smelling apple scented shampoo.

“”