Calls

Calls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A 7-year-old girl skipped happily towards her best friend who was playing happily in her room. 

 

"Wan-ah! My Mom bought me a phone as my birthday gift."

 

"Nice." replied the 4-year-old girl while putting away her toys upon the arrival of her favorite Unnie. 

 

"Thanks! Hey, here's my number. Call me, okay?" exclaimed the excited Joohyun while handing Seungwan a piece of paper. 

 

"Am sowwy, but I don't have phone. Mommy not allowed me." 

 

"Don't worry. Just call me using your Mom's phone." 

 

"Okay. I tell her." 

 

"Wah! You're so cute, Seungwan-ah!" Joohyun squealed while pinching the other's chubby cheeks. 

 

"Am not." the younger girl pouted adorably while shaking her head. 

 

Joohyun giggled and ruffled her hair. She kneeled down and stared at the younger's eyes. 

 

"Hey, I have to tell you something." 

 

The younger nodded and stared at her Unnie. 

 

"Since school is about to start, Unnie will be busy again. We won't see each other often like we used to." The older girl explained. 

 

"No play anymore?" Seungwan asked cutely. 

 

"Yes. I'm sorry, Wan-ah." 

 

"Is okay. I call you instead."

 

"Yes, you can call me." 

 

Joohyun opened her arms widely and embraced Seungwan. 

 

"I'm sorry. You can visit me at school anytime." 

 

"Hmm." 

 

"Promise?" 

 

"Pwomise." 

 

Joohyun raised her pinky and Seungwan locked hers with her Unnie's. She kissed the older girl's cheeks sloppily and hugged her again. 

 

"I'll make it up to you." Joohyun whispered while listening to Seungwan's light snoring. 

 

They didn't know that after that day, every thing was most likely to change. 

-

 

Joohyun just got dismissed by her teacher. She just got a bunch of scolding just because she didn't turned off her phone and it kept on ringing the whole time she's having a class. 

 

She can just turn it off, you say. But she doesn't want to. Never. 

 

"Stupid teacher." the girl muttered under her breath. Clearly annoyed as to how things turned out. 

 

She almost dropped her things when her phone suddenly rang.


"Ohgee. It's Seungwan. Finally, class is done." Joohyun sighed in relief and pressed the answer button.  

 

"Unnie!" the younger girl cheerfully exclaimed. 

 

"Hey, Seungwan-ah. What's up?" the older asked while walking home. It's kinda getting dark now. 

 

"Seungwan misses you." Seungwan adorably stated. 

 

"Joohyun Unnie misses you, too. I'm sorry cause I didn't answer your call earlier. I was in the middle of class." 

 

"Is fine. Am sowwy." 

 

"Awww. It's okay. I understand." Joohyun cooed and smiled while thinking of the younger girl's probably pouty and sulky face right now. 

 

"Unnie, I have to go. Mommy's calling me. Bye! I wove you~" the older girl smiled upon hearing the younger's undeniable cuteness over the phone. Seungwan's just too adorable. 

 

"Okay, then. I love you, too. Take care." 

 

Little did Seungwan know that that phone call is the first and last call that her Unnie would answer. 

-


"Happy birthday, Seungwan!" the said girl smiled and gave the other girl a big hug. 

 

"Unnie! It's been so long since I last saw you!" 

 

"I know and I'm sorry. I see that you're good in speaking now, huh?" Joohyun patted the younger's head and the latter could only close her eyes and enjoy the affectionate gesture. 

 

"Of course! And I've grown, too!" 

 

"Yes, you did! But you're still my little Seungwan." 

 

"I'm not a kid anymore." Seungwan pouted. 

 

"But you still act like one." 

 

"I don't!"

 

"You do. But don't worry, I really like that cute side of yours." 

 

"Hmp." the younger girl jutted her bottom lip out and puffed her cheeks in annoyance. 

 

"See what I mean?" Joohyun teased while pinching the other girl's cheeks.

 

"Yah!" she pried the older's hands away. 

 

"I really miss you, Wan-ah." Joohyun mumbled and embraced Seungwan. 

 

"Why are you gone for so long anyways? You aren't even answering my calls. Did you replace me already?" the younger's eyes narrowed and glared hard at the older. 

 

"What?!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter