Part 2 - Life With You

Little Brother

(Author's note: This was never meant to be a part of the the original story, and I apologize now for throwing in some random changes that would never actually happen in the boy's choreo/stage, but please don't hate me for adding it. It was just for fun and effect. Okay...enough from me. Enjoy!)

Many months had passed since Zelo and Snow were reunited, and things had been awkward at first, but had gotten better. She had moved to Seoul on a temporary visa, and into a one bedroom apartment, but she hoped to make it permanent if things worked out. The week following their meeting at the park, Zelo agreed to have a DNA test to make sure the two were truly siblings, at her request. The results had confirmed they were related on her mother's side and all that remained was to introduce s to his older sister officially, but between schedules, promotions, practice, and his secret meetings with her, it was hard to find time.


 

Yeobosaeyo?” Snow answered when her phone started playing B.A.P.'s song 'Don't Leave Me'.

 

Noona? How are you?” Zelo replied in a hushed voice that told the woman he was trying to avoid being overheard. It had become a normal occurrence with him, but she wasn't sure why.

 

I'm okay, just thinking about getting some lunch. Have you eaten yet?

 

Not yet.

 

Would you like to join me for a meal, or is your schedule too tight?” Snow inquired, glancing down at her long, black-painted nails as a visual distraction.

 

I'd love to join you, but I had a question to ask, well, more of a favor.” the boy said somewhat quickly and full of uncertainty. Snow could sense that he was rubbing his neck nervously.

 

Go on.” Snow answered, curiosity clawing at her senses as she pressed her cell phone to her ear firmly to hear him clearly.

 

I was wondering if...if you wanted to...and it's alright if you don't...um...Do you want to meet my members...officially? I know you've met them at the fan meeting and all, but I mean...really meet them.” Zelo stumbled for the words, making his sister smile on the other end of the line.

 

Laughing at the cuteness the boy unintentionally displayed, Snow answered soothingly, “I was wondering when you would ask that, Junhong. I would love to meet them officially. When would you like to do it?”

 

“Now?” Zelo asked tentatively.

 

Now?” Snow repeated, taken aback. “I'll need to get dressed first. Did you want to meet somewhere?

 

The boy was quiet for a moment, and she could hear the muffled sounds of him talking to someone off the phone, so she figured he had covered the receiver with his hand. “There's a convenience store across the street from our dorm. You said you knew where it was, yes?” Snow confirmed his question with a hum, letting him continue, “I'll meet you there?

 

Again, she hummed, smiling softly, “Alright, Bubby. See you in thirty minutes.” Snow snickered before hanging up.
 

 

Opting for a something comfortable and fashionable, she played up her first name with a Snow White theme and red and black high-top Nikes. Her newly cherry red hair was pulled up in a messy bun, held in place with a skull and crossbones clip. Grabbing her coffin-shaped backpack that acted as her purse, Snow was out the door and footing it to the little store across the street from the dorm.

 

Standing outside the store for only a moment to look around for a sign of the tall maknae, but seeing none, she slipped inside to at least pretend to look around. Luckily, Snow didn't have long to wait as a few minutes later, the boy in question entered. He appeared to be confused when he didn't recognize her right away, then she realized that he hadn't seen her in a while, having been on tour overseas, so he didn't know she had colored her hair.

 

Smiling, Snow ventured over and gently touched his arm, “There's my not-so-little brother!”

 

Spinning on his heel quickly, he stared down at the red haired woman before him, then smiled brightly. “Noona! I didn't recognize you at first. The red looks really cool.”

 

“Thanks, Junhong-ah. So, how are we doing this? Should we pick up food and take it to the dorm...meet everyone then all of us go out...do you need to ask permission from Manager Kang...?” Snow questioned, trying to cover all possible options. She didn't want to just drop in on the boys and make everyone uncomfortable.

 

“Yongguk Hyung called Kang Hyung already, and we can go out to lunch without him. When I left, everyone was getting ready, so we can just go up.” Zelo said to soothe his sister, who, despite being older than him and hid her nervousness behind a smile, he could sense it. She was anxious about the meeting, and well, so was he.

 

The pair crossed the street and entered the building. They took the elevator up to their floor and he led her toward a door where he paused. “Ready?”

 

Snow stared at the door and drew a deep, steadying breath. When her hazel gaze lifted to meet the boy's, she gave a single nod, “As I'll ever be.

 

Zelo opened the door and looked around, searching for any of the other members before opening the door wider to admit the woman. She stepped inside, her thumbs hooked into the straps of her backpack, her gaze instantly beginning to roam the décor. Zelo didn't bother to remove his boots as he moved into the living room, searching out the others, then returned to his sister. “Come on in, Noona. You can keep your shoes on since we'll be leaving soon.” The boy gestured to a chair that she could sit in, then he wandered down the hallway and into what she could only assume was a bedroom.

 

“Hyungs? I want to show you why I've been so secretive.” Snow heard him say to the boys in the other room through the slightly ajar door.

 

“My money is still on a secret girlfriend.” Himchan teased.

 

Six inhumanly attractive, casually dressed boys filed out of the bedroom, laughing and chatting amongst themselves until they were all in the living room. Zelo walked over to her and held out his hand, helping her out of the comfortable seat. Turning toward them all with a bow of her head, Snow smiled sweetly, “Hello.”

 

“Told you he had a girlfriend! Pay up!” Himchan exclaimed, turning toward Daehyun and YoungJae with his hand out, obviously having placed bets on the reason for Zelo's odd behavior.

 

“Hyung, she's not my girlfriend.” Zelo defended, frowning at Himchan for a moment, but turned back to Snow, and couldn't help but to smile again, “She's my Noona.”

 

There was stunned silence for a moment, to which Daehyun commented, “I thought you only had an older brother?”

 

“She's not even Korean...are you sure you are not just saying she's your sister? She does fit your ideal type.” YoungJae said quietly to the boy, as he was the closest to him.

 

Jongup looked both confused by what was going on, but intrigued at the same time. Yongguk shifted his gaze from the youngest boy to the girl, and was the first to bow his head and greet her. “Hello. Forgive us for being so surprised, it's just, Junhonggie hasn't mentioned any of this to us before now.”

 

Zelo addressed s' questions first, “She's my half sister, on my mom's side. We did a DNA test to be sure. My dad was with her mom in America, but when they broke up, he took me and got married to the woman that raised me.”

 

“Our fathers were partners on the police force and friends. My dad was killed in action, while his became a comfort to my mom.” Snow began, then realized she'd forgotten to introduce herself. Bowing deeply, her hands clasped in front of her, her cheeks burned nearly as red as her hair, “Where are my manners?! Please forgive me for being rude. My name is Snow Morte. I apologize for barging into your dorm and lives like this, but Junhong-ah felt it was about time to tell you our secret. I'm the reason he's been sneaking off after schedules so we could get to know each other better...nearly eighteen years of lost sibling bonding time to make up for and such...and I'd like to apologize for that, as well.”

 

Five sets of eyes looked at the woman before them in surprise, clearly not expecting this American girl to speak such fluent Korean. YoungJae blushed then, realizing she had understood his comment moments ago and he bowed his head in apology. Yongguk smiled and replied, ever the leader, “No apologies necessary, Snow-ssi. We all have older siblings, though I can't imagine how strange and difficult it must be to find out you have a sibling you knew nothing about.”

 

Nodding, Snow let her eyes wander over each of their faces. “It was a shock, of course, when I found out. I had been going through my mother's old photo books and found an album full of baby pictures of a little boy that I never knew about. My mom confessed and told me what happened, so, naturally, I wanted to find him. I searched online and tracked down the one Choi Junhong that matched all the information I had...that was...what? Seven or eight months ago?”

 

The question was directed at the tall boy and he scrunched up his face as he thought it over, then nodded. “The fanmeeting before the tour was when we first met.”

 

“You were at the fanmeeting, Snow-ssi?” Himchan asked, surprised.

 

Nodding, Snow swung her backpack around and removed her photobook. Flipping to the boys pages, she showed them their autographs before flipping to Zelo's page, “You were all very polite to me. Himchan-ssi, you complimented my outfit, and Daehyun said that if I could sing, I could be an idol since I already dressed like one. I also asked Jongup-ssi if it was nice in space, since he was zoning out.” Recognition was dawning on the boys as she explained specific events, “That was the day I gave Zelo an Elmo doll, the earrings he's wearing now, and a vampire mask, that matches this one.” Snow reached into her bag and pulled out a facemask with the same vampire fang print as one the maknae wore around the dorm.

 

Jongup spoke, “I thought you looked familiar. I couldn't remember where I had seen you though...you had different hair then...”

 

“Yes! I had black and white hair the last time.” Snow confirmed, a lock of crimson hair that had fallen loose from the bun to hang just off to the side of her left eye.

 

“The red looks nice on you.” Jongup complimented, earning an amused but curious look from Himchan.

 

“Yes, our Junhonggie has a very pretty Noona. Can we get to know her more while we eat? I'm starving!” Daehyun whined, making Snow blush and half of the boys laugh.

 

“Have you eaten, Snow-ssi?” Yongguk asked politely.

 

“No, I haven't. I was going to treat Junhong out to lunch before he asked me to meet you, so I'd be happy to treat you all to food. What do you guys want to eat?” Snow clarified, extending the invitation to everyone.

 

“That's not necessary, Snow-ssi. We can pay.” Yongguk said before looking to s for their input on the menu.

 

Zelo turned to Snow, draping his arm over her shoulders, “What do you want to eat, Noona?”

 

“You know I'm a big seafood fan, but I was going to treat you boys to beef, if you let me pay...” Snow suggested coyly, a small grin on her lips as the word 'beef' caught everyone's attention. It was no secret that beef was the most expensive of the usual meats, so it wasn't usually on the menu, and it was pretty fatty.

 

“I like her already! Girl after my own heart!” Daehyun stated, making Snow laugh.

 

“Daehyunnie, you are so easy to please...” YoungJae teased, flashing a cute smile in the woman's direction.

 

“Are you sure, Snow-ssi?” Jongup asked.
 

Snow nodded, meeting the boy's eyes, “Yes, I'm sure, Jongup-ssi. I have been here for a little under a year. I know the price of food here, and while I know beef is a little expensive, I want to treat my little brother and his friends. It's the least I can do after causing trouble with you and my dongsang.”

 

“You didn't cause any trouble.” Himchan reassured, “it was our maknae's fault for not telling us sooner.”

 

Laughing softly, Snow slipped her arm around her brother and hugged him, “Go easy on him. Neither one of us knew how you guys would take the news...”

 

“Speaking of which, does Manager Kang know?” Yongguk asked.

 

Zelo shook his head, “No, not yet. But we were going to tell him after we told you.”

 

“Both Zelo and I have our test result documents, he still has the photo of us that I gave him, and I have some too. I already assured Zelo that my only objective in finding him was to reunite with my brother and have him in my life, and I have no interest in riding his coattails into the limelight. In fact, I'd kind of prefer to remain off the radar for as long as possible. It's bound to get out eventually, but until then, I'm just happy being close to him. Getting to meet you guys again is just a fantastic bonus.” Snow recited happily as they all began to move toward the door. Heaven forbid they stall any longer in getting food.

 

“You seem cool. I hope you can hang out with us more often.” YoungJae said as he draped his arm around her shoulders.

 

“Junhonggie's Noona is not going to buy us beef every time we see her, you know?” Yongguk scolded teasingly. Even he had to admit, if only to himself, that the idea of eating beef more often was nice, but they'd all have to work out twice as hard.

 

“How old are you, anyway, Snow-ssi?” Himchan asked out of the blue, making her pause and turn her head toward him. “You just have a very young face, it's hard to tell.”

 

Grinning, she replied, “I'm old enough.” At the expectant look, she giggled, “I was born in 1988.”

 

Himchan and Yongguk paused in their step and stared at Snow in disbelief. The former's eyes widened, “You're all of our Noona then!”

 

“Yeah, but I hate being reminded of my age. It makes me feel weird, when I realize most of my Bias list are all younger than me...” Snow begrudgingly admitted.

 

“You don't look twenty-six, Noona. You don't look much older than Daehyun or YoungJae Hyung.” Zelo consoled, trying to make his sister feel better, as he already knew about how she felt about her age. When she told him they were related, he was shocked by their age difference too.

 

“If you hadn't said anything, I would have thought you were twenty.” Jongup admitted.

 

“You are a classic Bagel Girl.” Himchan claimed with a smirk that could make any girl swoon.

 

“Bagel girl?” Snow questioned Zelo, turning toward him, unfamiliar with the term.

 

“It means you have a youthful face and a curvy, womanly figure.” Yongguk answered for the blushing maknae, though the leader was sporting a soft blush, himself.

 

The woman's cheeks flushed bright red, unable to speak again until the group were seated at the restaurant and ordering their meal. They ordered barbeque beef and ddeokbokki, black bean noodles, and numerous sides. Zelo ordered a seafood dish that Snow didn't catch the name of, but it was like a symphony of happiness on her pallet that she was reluctant to share.

 

When the food had been finished off, which was easily done with six boys, all of which had healthy appetites, and her own that was almost as intense, they returned to the dorm.

 

“I'm really happy to have met you, Snow-ssi. You're a very interesting person, and I can tell that our Junhonggie is happy to have you in his life. You'll come see us more often now, right?” Yongguk requested earnestly as he took her hand in his, smiling brightly.

 

“Of course! I'd be happy to spend more time with you all! Every one of you are so nice and funny.” Snow replied as she tucked her hair behind her ears.

 

“Great! We have schedules to get back to, but it was nice meeting you. I'll be going first. See you soon, Snow-ssi!” YoungJae smiled, bowing his head and waving to the siblings before heading inside.

 

Daehyun and Yongguk bid her goodbye as well before following Jae inside to get ready for practice. Himchan took her hand and placed a kiss to the back of it and smiled flirtatiously. “Come back soon so we can see your pretty face.”

 

Zelo blushed deeply and exclaimed, “Hyung! That's my sister you're hitting on!”

 

Snow giggled and rolled her eyes at the pair. Himchan smirked and walked inside, leaving only Zelo and Jongup. She turned toward the latter and she smiled sweetly, “Don't you have schedules, too, Jongup-ssi?”

 

“Yeah, but I'm waiting for Junhonggie. We have to practice our duo dance routine...” his perfect lips turned up at the corners as he avoided her eyes.

 

“That sounds awesome. I wish I could watch.” Snow commented with a bright smile.

 

“Do you dance, Noona?” Zelo asked, intrigued by this new revelation.

 

“Not too much since I was in America, but yes, I do. I took hip-hop, modern, and belly dance class back in the states for a few years, and I've been pole dancing since I was twenty.” Snow admitted easily, nodding in thought. “Great exercise...I should get back into it.”

 

“Would you like to come watch us practice sometime?” Jongup asked suddenly.

 

Surprise was plain on both hers and Zelo's faces. Snow pursed her lips in thought, giving the invitation some thought before nodding. “Yeah, sure! It would be fun, and maybe I'll learn some new moves.”

 

“We can ask Kang Hyung if you can watch us at the studio.” Zelo supplied with a grin.

 

“You can ask him now.” Jongup noted, looking past the tall youth.

 

“What do you me-...” Zelo began but was cut off.

 

“Annyeong Jongup-ah, Zelo-yah! What are you doing out here? Where are the others and who is this? Another fan?” Kang asked quickly, leaving no time to reply. “I'm afraid you can't be here, Miss.” he spoke to Snow in English, seeing that she was American, and he assumed she didn't understand Korean.

 

“Hyung! We just got back from lunch. The others are upstairs.” Jongup answered the first of the questions, leaving the younger boy to explain the woman's presence.

 

“Hyung-nim, I want to introduce you to someone!” Zelo hurriedly stated when Jongup stopped speaking. He didn't want Kang to send his sister away right away without letting him explain.

 

Manager Kang looked less than pleased but gave the boys a moment to talk. Zelo used the time wisely, “Hyung-nim, I'd like you to meet Snow Morte.”

 

Kang looked at the girl as Zelo gestured toward her with both hands as if showing off a new car, making her smile and the older man, who was not much older than her, to force one of his own.

 

“Hello Mr. Kang. My apologies. My name is Snow Morte, Junhonggie's older half-sister on our mother's side. It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Sir. ” Snow introduced herself with a deep bow to the man, proving her knowledge of the Korean language at the same time.

 

Kang gave the youth an incredibly skeptical look before schooling his features back to pleasantly neutral, “Please forgive me, Miss Morte, both for assuming you didn't speak Korean, and also for having trouble believing this sudden tale of you being siblings. I hope you understand that I'm going to require some form of proof of this claim?”

 

“Naturally, Sir. I would be concerned for Junhong-ah's safety if you weren't protectively questioning a strange woman's claims. But as it so happens, both he and I have the DNA test results, and photos of us as children.” Snow stated reassuringly as she once more swung her backpack around to retrieve the paperwork for him. There was the 25.01% match between herself and Zelo, and two 50% matches, one of Snow and her mother, and one of Zelo and her mother. The results confirmed the match.

 

Kang glanced over the papers briefly and nodded, though he would read over them with professionals to make sure the information was in no way fabricated by the woman. In the meantime, he decided to give her the benefit of the doubt and bowed his head, “My apologies, again, Miss Morte. It's nice to meet you. I'd like to discuss this more, but the boys have practice.”

 

“Hyung-nim? Would it be alright if my Noona watches the dance practice? She's interested in dancing, too, and it would give you time to talk to her more. She's really very nice!” Zelo begged his manager, giving his best pouty face.

 

Kang seemed to think it over, but with Jongup looking at him with hope sparkling in his eyes as well, he was put on the spot and caved. “Alright, but please don't interrupt their practice. We'll be back down in a few minutes. You can ride with us to the studio, Miss Morte.”

 

“Thank you very much. You may call me Snow, Sir.” She added with another bow of her head, smiling.

 

“Very well. Wait here, please. Jongup? Junhong? Let's go get the others and get a move on. We need to stay on schedule.” Kang announced and corralled the boys inside the building, leaving Snow to wait outside. She took a seat on the bench and sipped at a water bottle from her backpack as she waited.

 

Once all the boys were back outside, they were pleasantly surprised to see Snow still there. Himchan pushed his way to the front of the group and draped his arm across her shoulders, flashing a playful smile down at the petite woman, “Would you look at this! You just couldn't bare to stay away from my handsomeness, right?”

 

Unable to hold back her laughter, Snow ducked out of his embrace and smiled up at him, “You may be inhumanly handsome, Kim Himchan, and I can't deny that if I tried, but no, that's not why I'm still here.”

 

“Then why are you still here, if not to bask in my glow?” Himchan struck a pose with his index finger and thumb at his chin, giving his face even more of a V-shape.

 

“She's coming to watch us dance.” Jongup said, coming up behind his friend, flashing a smile at Snow, then following Kang and the others into the large black van. She was guided inside and was seated in the back left corner next to her brother with Himchan in front of her, Yongguk to his right, Jongup next to Zelo, Daehyun and YoungJae in front of them and Kang in the driver's seat with their large duffel riding shotgun.

 

Once at the studio, the boys surrounded Snow so that the fangirls that were always waiting outside of TS Entertainment wouldn't notice her, and if they did, she would be fairly hidden from all angles. It was, of course, a concern to Kang that the photos would surface and netizens would go on a rampage trying to discover who she was and why she was amidst B.A.P. but he already figured that he would just claim she was a temporary English tutor for the company. Fans were rarely interested in the staff of the companies.

 

While the boys set up and stretched, Kang pulled Snow aside to one side of the practice room to discuss the story behind the relationship and discovery of herself and Zelo. She told him the tale of how she had been searching through albums and found the baby picture. She explained the story her mother told her and her in depth search for all Junhong Chois that fit the details she was given, down to birthday, father's name, and a very vague idea of what part of Korea he'd likely be found. Kang read over the paperwork again and studied the photos Snow handed to him, comparing them to the solo photos of baby Zelo that had made their rounds online. After an hour, Kang was convinced that Snow and Zelo were legitimately half-siblings. She also explained, as she had told the boys, that she wasn't interested in becoming famous because of her brother. They discussed her love of dancing and how it had always been an unreachable dream to be a dancer, and he agreed to let her use the studio when it wasn't being used by other idols, and he'd give her an access pass to get in through the back end of the building.

 

Daehyun and YoungJae were practicing the vocals to “Save Me” while dancing as the others were resting. Zelo wandered over to his sister and smiled, “Would Noona dance for us?”

 

The others heard the question and turned their attention on the woman, making her blush, being put on the spot. “Right now?” She asked, reluctant to show them her moves since she was a little out of practice.

 

“Please, Noona?” Zelo begged, wrapping his arms around her and giving her an adorable pout.

 

“Yah! Junhonggie! You know I can't say no when you act cute like that!” Snow exclaimed, earning a mischievous smile from Himchan, the crowned price of aegyo within B.A.P. Sighing in defeat, she looked at Kang, seeking his approval, since she would be taking up the boys' practice time by performing, but he agreed, since the boys were taking a short break anyway. “Alright...Hmm, what should I do?” she asked no one in particular, as she spoke in English.

 

Taking out her phone, she skimmed though her playlist, debating between Shakira and the Pussycat Dolls. Both dances were y and seductive in their own right, and she wasn't sure she should use either, but they were the ones she knew best. “I'll let you choose...I have two routines that I know perfectly, but they are definitely...American.” Snow's cheeks warmed slightly as she spoke, “Hips Don't Lie or Buttons...”

 

The boys shared looks of curiosity before going down the line with their votes.

 

Zelo, Daehyun, and Kang voted for 'Hips Don't Lie' while everyone else voted for 'Buttons' which surprised Snow since she thought at least Yongguk would have wanted to see her belly dancing but Pussycat Dolls took the vote. “Alright. I assume you boys do know the song, right?” They all agreed.

 

“Junhonggie?” Snow handed her cell phone with the song ready to go to her brother, “Can you hook that up for me while I get ready?”

 

The boy took her phone and walked to the speaker as she stretched and loosened up her muscles. Since there was a lot of walking in the choreography for that song, she decided to incorporate some belly dancing and street moves in it's place. As she sat on the floor, she slowly stretched her legs out to the side, inching them further and further apart as she leaned forward. It was a little painful at first since she hadn't done a split in so long, but after a few minutes, she was able to roll into a complete split and up again.

 

A quick glance around the room and she spied the object she needed for her performance; a chair. Someone, however, was sitting in it. Grinning, Snow waltzed over to Jongup, her hands clasped behind her back, “Jongup-ssi? May I borrow your chair?”

 

He looked up at her, confused by the request, when Himchan teased, “Give the girl your chair, Jonguppie, unless you'd like to be her stage prop.”

 

Both Snow and Jongup blushed deeply at the comment but she shot him a glare despite it and the boy gave up his chair to sit on the arm of the couch next to Himchan. Snow then dragged the chair to the center of the room, facing the boys. She'd need it multiple times during her number. Dropping her backpack next to the boys, she took a deep breath and moved into position. “Fair warning...I'm going to apologize in advance...” the words were more mumbled than said directly, but they were heard just the same then she nodded to her brother, “Hit it.”

 

Starting a mere foot from where the boys were sitting, Snoop Dogg's voice began talking and with a hand on her hip and a powerful sway to her hips, she strut across the floor toward the mirror, locking her gaze on her own reflection to stay focused and not lose her nerve with so many guys watching her. At least she was fully dressed, so it didn't feel like she was purposely trying to seduce any of them.

 

Upon reaching the center point between the boys and the chair, she gave a slight jump, landing with her legs apart, her arms over her head, her hands rested on the back of her head. Her hips and stomach rolled as she bent one knee. Her head turned toward the bent leg as she pulled the clip in her hair free, letting her long crimson hair fall in loose waves over her back and shoulders. The clip was tossed backwards toward them, and she heard someone pick it up. All through Snoop's part, she focused on the sway of her hips and isolating the different parts of her body to emphasize the dance as dramatically but smoothly as possible.
 

When the female voice kicked in, she took a cross step backwards and spun on her heel, dipped into swing, bending at the waist and craned back to stand up. Her hands moved through the air, her hair, her body, or skimmed the ground. At the lyric about helping take off clothing, her jacket was stripped from her body and tossed to the side, revealing her Snow White tank top. A smirk danced across her lips as she whipped her cherry tresses and moved toward the chair, using the back of it for balance as she performed the standing split. In the video, Nicole struts and climbs amongst a curtain of beads. Snow arched backward into a matrix bridge and back up, then spun the chair so the back of it faced the boys and moved right into the y chair dance. Instead of throwing the chair in the middle though, she tipped it toward the boys and caught it with her foot, tipping it back toward her. Snow tried to avoid their darkened eyes, but she couldn't stop herself. Instead of losing her confidence, however, she seemed to gain it, and continued going strong.

 

The chair was abandoned shortly afterward and she moved into a floor routine that reminded her of a few female kpop groups recently. Crouching down, her body rolled seductively and she spun across the floor, then popped back up for the instrumental portion, inserting more hip-hop and a bit of crump, and a brief twerk, then another floor routine. Climbing back to her feet once more, her hips swayed and popped, body rolled and she twisted like a cat, throwing herself into a no-handed flip and landing in front of the boys. She took three purposeful steps as the song was ending, smirked playfully and turned her back as she leaned back against the wall between her brother and Jongup, one foot propped against it and her arms folded under her bust, her head down.

 

There was stunned silence for a moment from all six guys as they stared at her. Snow was breathing heavily from the exertion of her performance, a light sheen of sweat on her brow when she lifted her head and walked over to the speakers to turn it off. Nearly every one of the boys were sporting a blush, and some had crossed their legs.
 

“Noona...” Zelo began, clearing his throat nervously. “That was...” he couldn't find a word to describe her performance without it coming out awkward, so he left it at that, blushing until his face and ears were nearly the same color as her hair.

 

“I think what our impressionable young maknae wants to say, but is too embarrassed, is...Daebak! Very y!” Himchan explained enthusiastically. The others nodded in agreement. Snow quickly noticed that Kang was no longer in the room. Either he was uncomfortable watching her dance or he had other business, or maybe it was a bit of both.

 

“Thank you...” Snow smiled softly, avoiding the boys eyes, but she could feel them boring into her from all angles. “I should let you guys get back to your practice now...”

 

“One more?” a voice asked from beside her, startling her. When she turned, she was met with the intense gaze of the group's dancer.

 

“Excuse me?” Snow asked softly, unsure if she heard him right.

 

“Would you dance for us one more time?...with me?” Jongup clarified, keeping eye contact with the blushing woman, standing up and extending his hand toward her.

 

She glanced down at his extended hand for a moment, but when she met his gaze again, she was helpless to deny him. With a single nod, she let him lead her out into the middle of the room. He returned the chair she borrowed to the other side of the room, draping her discarded jacket on it and moved toward the speaker system. He skimmed through the tracks, searching for one specific song, leaving Snow standing in the middle of the room a little awkwardly with the others watching on.

 

“Hyung? What are you looking for?” Zelo asked, just as another song came on. While the artist didn't surprise him, the song did.

 

'The Way You Make Me Feel' by Michael Jackson began to play as Jongup advanced on Snow, taking her hand and leading her in the steps. When he stepped forward, she stepped back. When he leaned back, she leaned forward. He played his part well, as she did hers, strutting across the floor and throwing playful, teasing moves that would catch his attention at just the right points of the song. Smiling, happy that she understood without being told, how to play his game, he followed her around the room, dancing and doing Michael proud. Near the end, she stopped making him chase her, and instead moved with him, mirroring his moves. He took her hand again, spun her around and pulled her back to his chest as she swayed to the beat. She dropped to the floor, bending at the waist and snapped back up. His arm wrapped around her waist, only to trail over her hip when she started walking away again, gesturing with a finger for him to follow. He did and caught her, spinning her back into his embrace and dipping her backward slightly as the song ended.

 

The boys were whistling and cheering with glee, but Snow barely heard them as she gazed into Jongup's eyes, smiling sweetly, enchanted by the boy. He seemed lost in the moment as well because it took him a moment before he stood up and bowed his head to her. “Thank you for the dance, Snow-ssi. You are really talented. I'm happy I got to dance with you.”

 

“Hopefully it won't be the last time.” Snow answered, blushing when Yongguk and the vocal line burst into a chorus of 'ooooo!'

 

“It would be a pleasure.” Jongup flashed an adorable smile that melted Snow and made her knees suddenly feel weak.

 

She wandered off to the side and gathered her backpack and her water bottle from it while the boys went back to practicing. Kang returned to sit next to her with a grin on his face, “I saw you dancing with Jongup a few minutes ago. You're very good. I apologize for not staying for your first dance. I had an important phone call.”

 

She didn't completely believe the lie about the phone call, but she wasn't about to question it and risk making things awkward. Dropping the matter, she focused on the compliment. “Thank you. It's been years since I've had a living dance partner. Jongup really is an amazing dancer and performer. He's so passionate! I really have a lot of respect for his skill and work ethic.”

 

“We will see how things go, but if you're interested, I will see about making you a background dancer for local shows if you'd be interested. There's no doubt you have the talent.” Kang said as the boys were packing up after practice.

 

Snow stood there, dumbstruck, hanging open. “A-are you serious?! That would be amazing, Sir! Thank you! I'd love to.”

 

“Think of it as a try-out. Normally, we only use dance trainees or professionals, but one of our female dancers just quit and we need someone to fill in temporarily until we can hire a replacement.” Kang went on, checking his phone again.

 

“I'll do my best.” Snow assured with a bright smile.

 

“See that you do. Have Zelo and Jongup show you the routines and practice them...the boys have a show for a children's charity in two weeks. Be ready by then by putting our practice room to good use.” Kang smiled softly, telling the boys to hurry up and meet him at the van.

 

Arriving back at the dorm was a noisy affair, with everyone wanting to talk about Snow's solo performance and the one she did with Jongup. It was nice knowing they enjoyed her performance. She also shared the news that she would be filling in for one of their dancers, courtesy of Kang, and Zelo frowned. “That's a lot to learn in just two weeks, Noona...”

 

“If you and Jongup help me, I'm sure I'll learn quickly. I can do this, Little brother, don't worry.” Snow nodded and held her brother's hand, giving it a comforting squeeze. He returned the gesture.

 

Not convinced, Zelo sighed, but he was proud of his sister's confidence. Their routines weren't SM-impossible, but they were still taxing and fairly difficult at times. Nevertheless, he would do everything he could to help Snow impress their manager and the fans. He bid her goodbye and she went back to her apartment.

 

Over the next week, she spent as much time in the dance room as possible, both during the boy's practice as well as after hours. More than once already, she had to wait to use the room at night because SECRET or one of the other idol groups were using it for their own rehearsals. She often didn't get back to her apartment until nearly three in the morning, and would be back amongst the boys the next day by eight o'clock, if not earlier. Zelo wasn't the only one that was starting to notice.

 

“Snowy?” Yongguk called to her as she lay slumped against the wall Sunday morning, her head lolled to the side, eyes closed. She looked half dead, dark circles marring her otherwise flawless face, and from the looks of her hair, she hadn't even taken it down from the braided bun she wore it in the day before as flyaways were sticking out all over.

 

Snow didn't stir, even after the young man called her name four times. It wasn't until he crouched down and gently shook her shoulder that she snapped up in surprise with a declaration of, “I'm not sleeping!” but she quickly slumped back into the haze of fatigue. She had to blink her eyes and rub the sleep from them before she was able to focus on his face, and what she saw was nothing short of deep concern. “Oh, sorry, Gukkie. Good morning...when did you get here? Wait!” Again, she sat up, eyes wide, “What time is it?!” She reached for her phone and saw that it was already nearly ten in the morning. She'd fallen asleep at the studio! No wonder her neck had such a crick in it...

 

“Calm down, Snowy. It's alright. We just got here. Did you sleep here all night?” Yongguk asked, offering his hand for her to take and help her to her feet. She did and groaned softly at the stiffness in her muscles.

 

“To be honest, I didn't do much sleeping. I came back to practice around ten last night, but Untouchable were using it until almost one o'clock, so I waited. I worked hard until...I think it was a little after four-something, when I finally needed to rest. I must have fallen asleep.” She admitted, rubbing the sore spot of her neck with a wince.

 

“Snowy,” he repeated, “you shouldn't be pushing yourself so hard. You're not an idol. You're going to make yourself sick.” His voice was dripping with the care and concern of a parent, even though she was two years his senior.

 

Shaking her head, Snow put on a smile, trying to ease his worry, “Thank you for the concern, but I'm alright. I'm a bit of a perfectionist...like someone else I know.” She paused and watched his tension ease slightly as he smiled at her. She placed her hand gingerly aside his neck, meeting his eyes, “Trust me?”

 

Yongguk looked in her sincere hazel eyes, searching for something, but found no hint of falsehood and nodded. “Alright, but tell us if you're having trouble. We'll help you.”

 

Snow's bright smile melted the last whispers of doubt from his mind as she hugged the boy. He, like all the others, were becoming close friends to her, and very important in her life. She was relieved to have them care so much for her well-being. “I'll remember. I'm going to go get cleaned up. I feel gross and probably smell like a gym shoe.” she joked.

 

“You smell fine, but your hair is kind of wild.” Yongguk teased, patting her frizzy red hair, making her giggle as she glanced at her disheveled appearance in the mirror.

 

“Wow...I'm a hot mess...Yeah, time to get cleaned up.” Snow repeated.

 

“If you have a change of clothes with you, you can use the women's locker room down the hall. Only other ladies that use it are the Secret Sunbaes, and they are at a photoshoot today.” Daehyun commented, overhearing the conversation as he was stretching.

 

“Thank you, Daehyunnie! Saves me from having to go all the way back home to shower. I'll be back in a little while. Work hard!” with that, Snow grabbed her gym bag from under a chair and waved to the boys before leaving the room. Kang wasn't with them, and the TS staff were busy with their own business, so she was left to wander down the hallway alone to the locker room.

 

The shower was so refreshing and she was thrilled that she had, at whatever point in time, put travel-sized shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and various other bathing essentials in her gym bag. As she was scrubbing away the previous day's dirt and sweat with a loufa puff, she began singing softly to herself. She didn't normally sing in the shower, but the song was stuck in her head. Troublemaker's “Now” came spilling out of as she lathered up her hair, her eyes closed. She not only sang Hyuna's part, but Hyunseung's part, as well. It was a catchy song. If she weren't at risk of falling in the shower, she would have danced to it.

 

Grabbing a towel, she dried herself, slipped into a pair of black pants with leather straps and buckles with dangling straps and chains, a red tshirt that a friend had sent her from home, and a pair of leopard and white high top wedge sneakers. She brushed out her wet hair and wrung out as much water as she could, but without a hairdryer, she would have to just let it dry naturally. That wasn't a big deal since that's how she normally dried it at home.

 

Walking back to the dance room, her bag slung over her shoulder, the boys were practicing 'Body & Soul' and she froze in the doorway, her eyes glued on the boys as they were in the midst of their pelvic ing floor part. Her cheeks flared as bright red as both her hair and her shirt and she tried not to watch, but she couldn't look away either.

 

Zelo noticed her first and quickly got up, blushing as well. “Noona! We didn't expect you back so soon.”

 

Trying to compose herself, she tore her gaze away from the other boys that were standing back up as well, unable to get such an unexpected, but deliciously enticing sight out of her head. “I take short showers...” was all she could say in response.

 

“There's no use beating around the bush. Your dance last night inspired us to add a bit more of a y concept to one of our songs.” YoungJae smiled, despite his ears burning pink.

 

“You think BABYs will like it?” Yongguk asked.

 

“BABYs will lose their damn minds! If you don't have girls throwing their up on stage after that, I don't know what will!” Snow blurted out without thinking. When Himchan burst out laughing, her face burned again and she turned away quickly, crossing the room to place her bag under a chair, out of the way. Her head remained down, letting the damp curtain of crimson hair fall around her face, hoping to be left alone for a moment to compose herself. Her entire body felt like she were on fire. She wasn't solely embarrassed, as she had done similar, if not more provocative moves in her routine, but something about walking in at that moment, while six handsome young men are essentially humping the air was insanely arousing.

 

It took her several minutes of pretending to look for something in her bag before she was able to face them again, and luckily, they had gone back to practicing by that point. Through her hair, she watched them rehearse the moves again, and when she noticed the song drawing closer to the hip ing part, she sat down so as not to fall under the buckling of her knees and forced herself to watch. Reminding herself over and over in her head that it was only a dance move, meant to provoke the fangirls. Although they were facing the mirror, she still had a perfect view of their movements. It was mesmerizing. A small smirk turned up the corners of her lips, her sights drifting across the boys to one member in particular, though not intentionally.

 

They got to their feet and continued the routine, their bodies rolling and swaying, and she was helpless to look away. It was a beautiful seduction that she wasn't sure she should be watching.

 

Finally, the song ended and Himchan and Jongup moved toward her. The former looked down at her shirt curiously. Snow looked down, too, and smiled, translating, “I am a fangirl...I cannot keep calm...” the boys laughed and nodded in response.

 

“Are you a B.A.P. fangirl then?” Himchan asked, draping his arm around her shoulders, flashing a dangerously charming smile.

 

“I would say so. I wasn't exactly unaware of you boys before coming here, you know. I was just in denial until facts pointed me to my little brother.” Snow stated, grinning.

 

“Really? Who is your Bias?” Himchan asked excitedly.

 

“My initial Bias was that idiot, over there.” Snow giggled, pointing to Daehyun, who was acting like a complete dork, exaggerating his singing, though no sound was coming out of his mouth.

 

Both Himchan and Jongup turned to see who she indicated. Jongup smiled, as he usually did, but Himchan pretended to be hurt, holding his chest as if he'd been hit in the heart. “I'm hurt, Snowy! Your first bias was Daehyun instead of me?”

 

Snow was fighting to control her fit of giggles, but the more dramatic the boy acted, the funnier it all was to her. Her laughter was contagious as Jongup started to chuckle, too.

 

“Our Snowy just knows real perfection when she sees it, Hyung!” Daehyun called across the room, beaming a smile and winking at her.

 

“Fine! Fine! I see how it is! But wait!” Himchan stated, acting like he was truly upset, but he really wasn't, he just enjoyed making her smile. “You said Daehyun was your first Bias. Does that mean you have a different Bias?”

 

Tossing her hair from her face and standing up straight, she shrugged one shoulder, grinning, “It changes. You're all Bias List ruiners. No fangirl can keep her favorite idols in order when you boys are hip ing your way into their hearts...and dreams.”

 

“It changes? Fickle one, you are, Snowy!” Himchan teased and pulled her to his side, pretending to sob, though she didn't miss the way he sniffed her damp hair. “At least tell me that I'm your current bias. Please oh please!”

 

Snow couldn't control the laugh that bubbled up at his begging and his pouty features. “Himchannie~~~!! Stoooop! You are such a dork! Oh my god! You are one of my top three Biases of all Kpop groups. Is that enough?”

 

Himchan paused in his dramatic behavior, thinking it over. “I guess that will have to work for now. I'll just have to be extra nice to you until I'm your number one!” With that, he ruffled her hair and went to brag to Daehyun of his ranking in her top three ultimate biases.

 

Shaking her head, still giggling, she shifted her gaze to Jongup, smiling. He returned the smile, asking as he grabbed a water bottle, “Out of curiosity, would you tell me your current Bias?”

 

Snow was silent for a moment, wearing a dreamy smile as her cheeks were tinted a soft pink once more. She didn't look him in the eye, instead watching the others goof around and she whispered just loud enough to be heard, “You are, actually.”

 

“Me?” Jongup asked in disbelief, blushing softly. “Why me?”

 

“Yes, you, and I have my reasons. It seems that even when one of the others sway my opinion in their favor for one reason or another, you're the one that I'm most drawn to. Maybe it's our mutual love for dance and music, or the way you keep everyone guessing...” Snow explained, staring into the distance to a world only she could see, “but there is a unique charm about you that I adore, Jonguppie.” Finally, she glanced at him, meeting his eyes, smiling sweetly.

 

“Shouldn't Junhonggie be your bias? He is your brother after all. Or Yongguk or Himchan Hyung, since they are the oldest?” Jongup wondered.

 

“Those would be the obvious choices, wouldn't they? Zelo is my brother, and I have grown to love him. He is absolutely precious to me, and I will always cherish and protect him as any big sister should, but it would be weird for me to bias my brother, don't you think? Fangirls love their favorite idols in a very special way. They are our shining stars, that light up our hearts and give us something to wish for, to aspire for, to dream of, and love without fear of rejection. Our idols will love us, as a whole, because we support them and their dreams. A lot of fangirls fall for their biases because they lose themselves to the fantasy that their biases will love only them, thus ualizing them. They pair members up based on how close you are and pretend you're dating each other, because to a fangirl, if they can't have you, it's easier to see you as gay with another member. It keeps their fantasies protected.” Snow sighed, smiling to herself as she explained the way the fandom really thinks. It was obvious that most idols were pretty oblivious, especially the boy in front of her.

 

“Himchan and Yongguk are closer to my age, yes, and as you heard me tell Himchan, he is in my top three. It's not because of his age, though. Age is never a factor for me. As long as they are of legal age, of course! I'm not a ert...not like that, anyway.” She corrected, giggling. “I like him because of his drive to be better than he used to be, his dedication, and his goofball personality. He's a flirt, but he's shy. He's a dork, but he's intense. He is unpredictable and refreshing, and it's nice to have someone like him in my life, especially now that I get to experience it in person. But, there's something about you that he doesn't have...something I'm still trying to figure out, myself. Something addicting and wonderful and beautiful, that makes you glow brighter than the others in my eyes.”

 

“Why does that sound like a confession, Snowy?” Jongup asked quietly, blushing deeply, his ears and neck bright red.

 

“If that's how you'd like to take it, you're welcome to, Jonguppie, though, that wasn't the intention. It was more an explanation of why they aren't my bias. I hope I haven't made you uncomfortable...” she mentioned, placing her hands over her heart, looking worriedly at him. She liked him. She didn't want him to start acting differently around her.

 

“No, it's alright. I'm just surprised is all.” he commented, smiling to himself, her words swimming through his head.

 

“Are you sure?” Snow inquired, to which he nodded. “Alright. I'd hate to make things awkward between us, especially when there is still a week before the show and I still have a lot to learn. Speaking of which, do you mind if we practice 'Badman' next so I can get my timing right? I'm always either a beat too early or too late around the second chorus.”
 

Smiling brightly, Jongup nodded and led her out onto the floor with the others and suggested they work on her request. The group, with Snow in the background, ran through it three times. The first to see where she was messing up, the second time, Jongup suggested she not jump as high and curl in on one of her turns so her timing wouldn't be off, and she nailed it perfectly on the third run. She was so excited, that all the boys surrounded her in a group hug, making her laugh.

 

After four straight hours of practice, it was time to take a break and get something to eat. Snow's stomach had been growling since she was woken up, but ignored it. It was now starting to hurt with it's emptiness. “I'm starving. I think my stomach is trying to eat itself.”

 

Everyone agreed to being hungry when Yongguk suggested, “Let's go back to the Dorm and I'll make Ramyeon for us.” There was a general outcry of happiness from the group and the girl nodded, hugging her friend a little longer in gratitude.

 

“You are a Saint, Gukkie! My stomach thanks you!” Snow exclaimed, earning laughter from all members.

 

“It's just instant noodles, Noona.” Zelo chimed in, grinning.

 

“Yes, glorious, wonderful, tasty noodles that take only a few minutes to make!” she returned, dramatically, rivaling even Himchan's flamboyant outbursts.

 

The group left the TS building and Himchan, who had driven the van instead of Kang that morning, took everyone back to the dorm. While Yongguk went to the kitchen to make lunch, the boys and Snow entered the living room. YoungJae a movie for them to watch while Jongup went to shower. He was pretty sweaty after rehearsal and according to Daehyun, didn't get to shower that morning before they left.

 

Yongguk set the pot of noodles in the middle of the table and called them to eat. To Snow's surprise, the pot was huge and filled with noodles, veggies, and seven boiled eggs. Snow, being the guest, was served first, and went by age until everyone had some. Jongup, however, was still in the bathroom. Not wanting to start without him, she politely excused herself, asking Zelo to watch her food, which, as she thought while walking down the hallway, was probably not a wise idea. Growing boys had a bottomless stomach.

 

Stopping at the bathroom door, she hesitated, poised to knock, but didn't touch the door. After a moment, as she no longer heard the water running, she rapped gently and called through the door, “Jonguppie? The food is ready.”

 

There was a pause before the boy opened the door, wearing only a pair of harem pants. His sandy brown hair laying messily atop his head, water streaking down his chiseled, makeup free face. He was bare-chested with a towel around his neck, ruffling his hair in an attempt to dry it. Her gaze zoned in on a drop of water that fell from his chin to hit his chest and race down the toned muscles. She swallowed hard, tempted to reach out and touch the washboard that was his torso but forced her eyes back to his face as her cheeks burned, just staring at him in awe.

 

“What did you say, Snowy?” He asked, either not noticing the way her eyes wandered his body, drinking him in like a woman parched in a desert, or ignoring it.

 

She tried to form words, but they escaped her for a moment. Her eyes lingered on his pink, kissable lips, capturing her own bottom lip between her teeth, before traveling up to his nose and the precious mole on the bridge, then met his eyes. Clearing , she whispered nervously, “Oh...um...food's ready. Better hurry before they eat it all...” and she turned to walk back to the kitchen.

 

A smirk tugged at Jongup's lips as he watched the girl hurry away, looking so anxious. He had seen the way her eyes dilated and darkened with lust at the sight of his half- body. Jongup was not as absent-minded as he let people believe. He didn't bother to don a shirt as he joined everyone around the table for lunch. Snow kept her eyes averted to her bowl of noodles, eating quietly and nursing the blush in her cheeks that was bound to become permanent if she weren't careful.

 

Because she didn't make idle chatter over the meal like the others, merely nodding or shaking her head to answer the questions directed her way, she finished eating first. “Since you were nice enough to cook, I'll do the dishes. Thank you for lunch, Gukkie.” Snow said, standing up and taking the empty dishes to the kitchen before anyone could argue with her offer.

 

Zelo got up from the table, took his dishes to the sink, and looked at his sister for a long moment before asking cautiously, “Noona? Are you okay?”

 

Snow turned her head toward the boy and nodded slightly, giving a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes, too lost in the storm of thoughts and emotions racing through her head. “I'm fine, Bubby.”

 

“Would you like some help with the dishes?” Zelo pushed on, looking past her to the clutter of dirty dishes to the side of the sink.

 

“You can dry.” Snow suggested distractedly. She turned her head slightly as Jongup carried his own bowl over.

 

Words were lost on her, so she just smiled softly and took the dish from him, then watched as he left the room. Snow released the breath she didn't know she'd been holding and ran her fingers through her hair. Zelo noticed the strange behavior and furrowed his brows, shifting his gaze from Jongup to his sister. “Noona? Is everything alright between you and Jongup Hyung?”

 

Startled, she turned toward the boy, feeling her heart racing as if she had just been caught stealing. “Of course everything is alright! Why ever would it not be?” She gave a nervous giggle and started in on washing the dishes, hoping for a distraction.

 

Zelo smirked at the way Snow was trying, and failing, to hide her nervousness at the question. In the short time he'd known her, he knew she blushed easily, at the slightest embarrassment or compliment, but he hadn't ever seen her quite like this. She was jumpy and anxious and obviously uncomfortable. It was cute in it's own way, but he also didn't like seeing her like this. “Do you like Jongup Hyung, Noona? Is that why your face is so flushed?”

 

Snow nearly dropped the bowl she was washing. Barely shaking the soapy water from her hand, she shot it out to cover his mouth, even if he was just whispering. “Shhhhh!!! Keep your voice down! Truth is, I don't even know what I feel! I like everyone, but I don't know anyone enough to claim I have feelings for them, let alone Jongup.” She stopped talking and plastered on a smile when Himchan and YoungJae entered the kitchen to deposit their bowls, soon followed by Yongguk and Daehyun. The leader tried to offer to do the dishes, or more specifically, get one of the other boys to do it instead, but she politely declined and they all left the siblings alone. When she was sure they weren't listening in, she continued in a hushed voice, “He is my bias of the group, no offense, which kind of complicates things when I'm trying to set that aside and get to know everyone. I'm not trying to find love within your group, I swear! It's just...I don't know...I like being around him. But after I told him that he was my bias, it was like opening Pandora's Box...and I'm pretty sure his lack of shirt was intentional!”

 

Zelo laughed and hugged his sister, amused to no end that she was so stressed because she might have a crush on Jongup. “Noona, most girls like Hyung at first, then they realize how spacy he is, and move on. He's a great friend, but I'm not sure if he's boyfriend material for MY sister.”

 

Snow heard his heartfelt words, but she also heard a challenge in there. Grinning, she looked up at her baby brother and raised a brow, “Junhonggie...who are you trying to protect? Me, or him?”

 

“I'm trying to protect you from his weirdness. Really, I can see you more with Himchan Hyung. He seems to like you.” Zelo chuckled.

 

“Himchan is a flirt and a tease. He's funny and I can see the care and passion he has. I always have, hence why he is so high on my bias list...” Snow began, only to be interrupted by the man in question.

 

“Just can't get my name out of your pretty little mouth, Snowy? I figured as much.” Himchan said happily, walking over to drape his arm around her waist and pull her to him as if she were his girlfriend. “I am about as close to perfect as a man can get. We could make headlines as the best looking couple in Seoul!”

 

Zelo tried not to laugh and just grinned behind his hand while Snow cocked a brow, side-eying the man as if he'd lost his mind. Gently pushing on Himchan's chest and tilting her head back to meet his eyes instead of being crushed into his shoulder, she fought the urge to roll her eyes, teasing playfully, “Leave it to you to hear your name in whisper and sniff out the source like a wolf.”

 

Himchan howled and waggled his brows, making both siblings completely lose it and crack up laughing. “You love it.” he stated confidently.

 

“I love food and dancing, too, but that doesn't mean I'm going to date them...no matter how cheesy they may be.” Snow sassed, poking Himchan's forehead, making him release her.

 

As usual, Himchan feigned hurt, “You'll fall for me one of these days, Snow Morte.” He winked and left the room laughing wholeheartedly, only half meaning what he said to her about her falling for him.

 

“And that is why Jongup is higher on my list,” Snow whispered to her brother, giggling.

 

“Alright, alright. So, what are you going to do about Jongup Hyung?” Zelo questioned.

 

“For now, continue getting to know him as I have been with all of you...try to ignore the way my heart races when he smiles...and see what happens, when it happens...if it happens.” she relented with a heavy sigh, then focused on the dishes, effectively ending the discussion. Zelo took the hint and nodded, drying the dishes in silence.

 

What neither seemed to know was that Yongguk had been standing outside the doorway, out of sight and he overheard everything. He hadn't meant to eavesdrop on their conversation, but after Himchan came out laughing, he was curious to find out what was so amusing, as well as get a bottle of water from the fridge. That was when he heard the two discussing in quiet voices that Snow was confused about her feelings for Jongup, for whatever reason, and she was going to downplay them until she was sure. He wore a look of concentration when Jongup joined him curiously.

 

“What are you doing, Hyung?” Jongup asked, craning his head to try and see into the kitchen. He didn't hear anything as Snow had stopped speaking. “Is there something interesting about Snowy and Junhonggie doing dishes?”

 

Yongguk shook his head, internally debating whether he should tell his dongsang about what he had just heard, or leave it alone and let the girl sort through her feelings on her own time. He didn't want to get Jongup's hopes up only for Snow to possibly realize she doesn't really like him. The boy would be crushed. No...he'd just leave it alone and pretend he didn't hear anything. “Nothing. Just distracted.”

 

Yongguk walked away casually, leaving Jongup looking on confused. The boy glanced into the kitchen, seeing nothing out of the ordinary, shrugged, and walked into the bedroom to put on a shirt. His moment of amusement satisfied, so he returned to the living room to watch the movie. Snow and Zelo finished the dishes and joined them as well. By five, she had to leave so the boys could get ready for a radio interview.

 

On her way home, she stopped by a store to pick up groceries and stumbled across an assortment of lunchboxes. She had seen enough K-dramas to know how special a homemade boxed lunch was, so, she picked up six white, one purple, and one solid black box. Another store supplied her with acrylic paints and brushes. Laden down with bags, she went home to prepare a special surprise for the boys.

 

After putting away the food, she immediately went to work on decorating the boxes. The black box was for Manager Kang. She painted a chibi version of him wearing a crooked golden crown and sunglasses, holding a tablet. Around him, she wrote different words about keeping on schedule, hard work, and support in Hangul. In English, she painted in an arch below him, the words “Golden Manager Kang”.

 

Each of the boy's boxes had their individual matoki, standing up close, while much smaller versions of the other members were painted in the background and sides. Yongguk's was holding a fork in one hand and stabbing a piece of chicken. Himchan's was striking a pose and winking, and despite the mask, looked like it might be grinning. Daehyun's was hugging a bounty of his favorite foods and wore an eye smile. YoungJae's was multitasking: holding a book in one hand and stuffing food in it's mouth with chopsticks in the other. Jongup's had it's head tilted ever so slightly with a question mark over it's head while looking at a Shake Shack hamburger in his hands, which had tiny hands holding a red heart out to him. Zelo's adorable Matoki was hoarding cherry tomatoes, lemons, and various other favorite foods while shouting “Naekkoyea!” protectively. Her own box had a Matoki as well, her's wearing a purple mask with the dots forming a heart on her mask and a bow on her right ear. Her's was happily hugging Zelo's Matoki with little hearts floating over her head and the word, “Naekkoyea!” referring to her brother belonging to her. The entire process took all of her spare time for the next week, when she wasn't practicing until she dropped and sleeping or eating.

 

The last night before the show, she began the long process of cooking a lot of food. It was a task she was not used to, having not much of a passion, let alone interest in cooking. But, she whipped up a traditional Korean meal, just to prove to herself that she could, and in the hopes of showing the boys how much they meant to her. She ate the remaining serving for dinner before going to bed early.

 

 

The following morning, bright and early, she showered and dressed in razor-shredded black skinny jeans, a black and white striped long-sleeved tshirt, white Docs, and a black beanie with a tiara detail of rhinestones. Silvery-white shadow and black liner on her hazel eyes and a spritz of perfume was all she needed to finish her simple look, since she would be changing into the background dancer's uniform outfit for the show. She reheated the food that needed to be warm, reassembled the lunchboxes, put them all neatly in a thermal trunk to keep them the correct temperature, then grabbed her gym bag with her belongings. Outside of her apartment, she hailed a taxi and headed over to the dorm. Taking out her cell phone, she called up the group's phone.

 

“Hello?” a gruff, deep voice answered, clearly half asleep.

 

“Good morning, Gukkie. Did I wake you?” Snow asked, checking her watch, seeing that it was a little after ten in the morning.

 

“No, we're up, just not awake.” he replied around a yawn.

 

“Cute! We have a show to do in five hours, and you're all still waking up? Is Jonguppie amongst the living...and clothed?”

 

There was a pause, supposedly Yongguk checking the state of the dancer before he got back on the line, “More or less...Here, talk to him. I need to shower.”

 

The phone was handed off to the boy with a rustling noise before she heard Jongup's voice, “Hello?”

 

“Good morning, Jonguppie. Are you decent?” Snow asked, sitting atop the trunk in front of the building.

 

“Depends how you mean,” he replied, then covered the phone to talk to who sounded like YoungJae, whom asked who was on the phone.

 

“I mean, do you have enough clothing on to come outside for a minute? I need a bit of help bringing up a surprise. It's not so much heavy as it's awkward to carry up on my own. Would you come down and help me, please?” Snow sighed, smiling but pinching the bridge of her nose. She hadn't had her cup of coffee yet that morning so her patience, even with him, was at risk of being worn thin.

 

“Yeah, I'll be down there in a minute.” With that, he hung up and Snow stood from her makeshift chair.

 

A few minutes later, Jongup came into view through the window of the door in shorts and a tank top and a pair of Tims that were untied with the laces tucked inside the shoe. “So nice of you to dress up for me.” Snow teased, earning a smile from the boy.

 

Jongup pointed to the trunk at her feet, and at her nod, picked it up effortlessly. Though he wondered if she truly needed help carrying it after all, he didn't question her and merely led her back inside. They took the elevator up to B.A.P.'s floor and went inside. Himchan, Yongguk, and Daehyun were shirtless, and the two eldest were wet, having clearly taken quick showers. Zelo was in white tshirt and basketball shorts, which made his long lanky limbs look even lankier. YoungJae had on a tshirt from New York and lounge pants covered in comic book action words. He was on his way toward the bathroom to shower when she entered.

 

“I feel like I'm overdressed for this morning-after slumber party...” Snow stated, dropping her duffel bag on the floor by the door and kicked off her boots. “Jongup, that can go on the table if you wouldn't mind?”

 

The boy obediently set the trunk on the dining room table and Himchan turned, grinning, “You're welcome to take something off to fix that.”

 

“And give you more of a reason to stare at my ?” Snow teased, making the boy blush and she smiled. “Tempting, but no. I have a gift for all of you.”

 

YoungJae put off his shower in favor of seeing what she'd brought and joined the group as they crowded around her. When they all were settled, she opened the trunk and started pulling out the lunchboxes. She handed each boy their own custom box and couldn't stop the smile as she watched their reactions. Yongguk, after examining everyone's boxes and all the effort that went into them, was on the verge of tears. When she pulled out the box for their manager, who wasn't even there at the moment, his eyes watered. His arms wrapped around Snow's shoulders, hugging her. “These are amazing, Snowy! You painted these yourself?”

 

Snow nodded into his shoulder, returning the embrace and placed a friendly kiss to his cheek. “I did. It took me a week to finish them, but I'm so happy you like them. Hopefully the food they are holding is just as nice. It was my first real attempt at Korean food, so if it doesn't taste right, I'm sorry.”

 

“There's food in them, too?” Jongup asked in his typical, clueless fashion. He opened his box, which he had been admiring as if she'd just handed him some holy relic, and smiled brilliantly as he looked at her homemade food.

 

“Noona is Daebak! Look at the detail!” Zelo exclaimed, stealing his sister from the leader, hugging her tightly too.

 

“You really managed to capture our characters and your artwork looks better than the original designs!” YoungJae said proudly.

 

“You're awesome, Snowy! Thanks so much! This is great!” Daehyun said, joining Zelo in hugging her. Soon, all of the boys were clinging to her at all angles.

 

“I'm thrilled that you like them. I made one for Manager Kang, and myself, too.” Snow revealed the one for herself and Zelo was the first to laugh. Just like in the picture, she back hugged her brother closely and exclaimed cutely, “Zelo Dongsang Naekkoyea~~~!”

 

The boy scrunched up his face, pretending not to enjoy the affection, but he couldn't hold back the genuinely happy smile that lit up his precious face at the affection she showed him. Snow was usually pretty sparing with her skinship, unsure whether it would be welcome or rejected.

 

Snow insisted they wait for Kang to arrive before anyone was allowed to eat, and they were fortunate that he showed up about ten minutes later. He was just as touched by her gift. The entire group sat down to enjoy her homemade lunch. She didn't mind her own cooking, but even she could tell that some of her dishes lacked...something. The boys didn't complain, though. They just complimented the ones that were better, which she was grateful for, because she didn't take criticism for her cooking very well, unless it came from herself. Zelo and Yongguk offered to wash the lunchboxes before they left, so Snow took the moment to learn something new.

 

“Himchan? May I talk to you for a moment?” Snow asked, standing next to the handsome boy, biting the edge of her lip nervously. Himchan stood up and followed her to the living room, but Jongup, Daehyun, Kang, and YoungJae decided to join them, and she didn't want to embarrass herself anymore than necessary. “Um...maybe in the other room?”

 

“Other room?” Himchan repeated quietly before it dawned on him that she was referring to the bedroom. He was surprised, especially when their manager was there, but he nodded and let her go first. Once in the bedroom, he closed the door but didn't latch it. Though his mind was in the gutter, he didn't want to jump to conclusions. Despite all of his flirting, Snow was special and deserved to be treated with respect. “What's up, Snowy?”

 

Her back was to him, taking in the simple layout of the room that was fairly large and sported three sets of bunk beds and a wall length closet and two windows on either side of the room on one wall. “I appreciated that no one gave me crap for some of my dishes, but I know they weren't very good.”

 

'There it is...' he thought, relaxing slightly, but at the same time, he felt the tiniest sliver of disappointment. “You said yourself that it was your first time trying to cook Korean food. You don't become a five star chef over night. It just takes practice and the right recipes.”

 

“That's what I wanted to ask you about...Everyone knows you're the best cook in the group. Even BABYs know you work your magic in the kitchen and on stage. So, I was wondering...would you...” Snow paused, bowing her head, her hands pressed together in plea, “please teach me how to cook better?”

 

“But Snowy, most of your dishes were pretty good. They may not be restaurant-quality, and neither are mine, but they were still good. It was only a couple things that were...different.” he tried to reassure her.

 

“And without help, I'll keep making the same mistakes. Please, Himchan Oppa?” Snow pouted cutely, calling him 'Oppa' just to seal the deal. It worked, too.

 

“Yaaaaaaah! You can't be calling me Oppa like that! I can't resist it when you act cute!” He scolded, though didn't mean it. He loved when she called him 'Oppa' despite her being older than him. It just endeared her more to him.

 

“Is that a yes, then?”

 

“Yes! Yes, I'll help you however I can! Just...stop being cute!” he blurted out and opened the door to let her out. He kicked out his leg, pretending to be trying to kick her backside to make her move faster and groaned in frustration, to which she giggled cutely and returned to the living room with a renewed pep in her step.

 

The group left together for the show. The venue was outside, as it usually was for the charity gigs, which meant it was going to be hot and uncomfortable, but the boys would put on a memorable performance nonetheless, because that was what they prided themselves on! B.A.P. left Snow in the hands of the wardrobe department. The men's outfits were on one rack while the women's were on another. They were solid black, so they wouldn't out-stage the boys, but were still eye-catching with their side lacing details and buckles, and while the stylist handed her a pair of red high heels, Snow knew she'd break an ankle in them. Instead, she traded out the heels for a pair of wedge sneakers with buckles. Her bright red hair was complimented by her makeup and red fairy choker. Her hair was left down, but dressed in beachy curls with thin twists that connected in the back with a black ribbon.

When she was dressed, Snow introduced herself to the other dancers, as they had never met in the two weeks she had been practicing. Talk about awkward... To make sure she knew her placement amongst the group, they ran through the dances together. The senior dancer emphasized how important it was not to draw attention to herself instead of the boys, to make sure her dancing complimented theirs, and to keep up. He clearly underestimated the woman's skills as a dancer and had no idea of how close she was with the boys. She kept shut and nodded politely, however.

 

During the concert, Snow was kept to one side or the other amongst the dancers, but she performed just as well as the seasoned squad. When it was time for B.A.P.'s costume change, and Snow was getting a drink of water and wiping away the sweat from her face carefully, she overheard Kang arguing with one of the stage crew. She tried to ignore it, but she was standing too close to the pair for their conversation to just slip in one ear and out the other.

 

“What do you mean she's not here?!” Kang exclaimed in a panicked, hushed voice.

 

“Just what I said, Manager Kang. She's not here and she's not coming. You'll either have to drop the number or do it without the girl's part. There's nothing I can do. My hands are tied.” the stubborn and stressed stage manager said firmly, looking over his clipboard for the umpteenth time.

 

Kang's hands flew to his hair as he kept repeating, “What do I do? What do I do?”

 

Snow noticed and when the other man left, she walked over and handed him a bottle of water, “What's wrong, Manager Kang?”

 

Taking the bottle, he took a deep swig, surely wishing it were alcohol instead of H2O. “The girl we hired to do the special performance with the boys in '1004' has disappeared. She didn't show up and neither she, or her manager are answering my calls. We can't just drop the number! It's their title track!”
 

“Don't they have their choreography without her, too?" Kang shot her a look that promised to kick her out if she suggested a last minute change again. "Sir, I know the girl's part for that dance...The boys needed a stand-in when we were practicing.”
 

“Where are we going to find a.....wait! You know the routine?!” Kang exclaimed a little louder than he intended. At her nod, he grabbed her shoulders and looked her in the eyes, “Please save our asses and perform the part! I'll pay you extra for it if you'd be willing to do this for me!”

 

“I'd be happy to help, Sir.” Snow replied, smiling sweetly. Before she could say anything further, Kang grabbed her arm firmly and practically dragged her back into wardrobe.

 

“Quickly help Miss Morte into the '1004' outfit! They are performing 'Save Me' next, then you'll be on, Snowy. Good luck!” Kang left in a hurry, and Snow just assumed he was going to tell the boys of the change.

The stylists immediately began unbuckling, unlacing, and tugging her out of the outfit she was wearing. She was knocked off balance once but just as fast as the leather and buckle outfit had been removed, much to her embarrassment as she was left in only a thong and a strapless pushup bra, Snow was guided into a very girly, white, flowy mini dress that had numerous layers, and off-the-shoulder three-quarter sleeves. Her sneakers were exchanged for a pair of white strappy wedges with hemp rope detail on the wedge and a flower on the ankle strap.

 

For modesty purposes, she slipped on a pair of white short-shorts under the dress and her hair was fixed and fluffed, a white fake flower clipped into her hair above her left ear, before she was hurried back to the stage where she was to descend the stairs. Her part was fairly simple...be the 'angel' the boys were chasing after and missing while looking sad and pretty, and keep showing up to 'taunt' the lovesick boys like a ghost. She was to dance with each boy in turn throughout the song.

 

The boys were in position around the stage as the music began, and at the creak of the door, Snow began her slow decent of the stairs and Daehyun's voice began singing. Yongguk turned to reach out toward the stairs as he delivered his “I need you” line, and his eyes widened in surprise upon seeing Snow, reaching out to him with a distant, sweet smile on her lips.

 

YoungJae's voice picked up as his hand moved to the side for her to take and spun her once to initiate their short dance. He, too, was shocked to see her on stage, but let his eyes speak of the joy he was feeling. Like everyone, Jae liked her and felt she deserved the special honor of a solo performance, so he made sure to let her do her thing.

 

As Jongup sang his lines, she was still with YoungJae, but he noticed her across the stage and grinned internally. During the chorus, she floated across the stage to Daehyun while the boys performed their own moves. Dae took her hand, spun her out and back toward him, swaying as he held her waist loosely, then she pulled away with a look of angelic sadness. During Jongup's next lines, while he and Zelo dominated center stage, she stood to the side, reaching out toward them, longingly, an act that was mimicked before they moved to opposite ends of the stage.

 

Yongguk took her hand during his part and the two moved as one to his deep voice, bodies close and swaying sensually, eyes meeting, only for her to turn out of his embrace, casting her gaze away and being drawn to the next member...her brother. As Zelo rapped and the boys danced, Snow raised her hands to her face to imitate crying, then to her heart and stretching her arms out to him as if handing him her heart. He reached for her hand, only for her blow a kiss and turn away.

 

Jongup sang again, but she moved to Himchan, trailing her hand from his shoulder, across his chest, hip, and as she stepped around him, over his back. Both hands climbed up the front of his torso sensually before flaring out to the side as she side-stepped. Her hands on her hips as she and Himchan matched steps, gazing at each other through Daehyun's part in the next verse. Spinning her around to face him, the two performed two body rolls and a dip before she was drawn away dramatically, her hands to her chest.

 

Yongguk and Zelo's second parts began and she was flanked at a distance by them. Their dance circled Snow, the leader first dipping her back and placed his hand over her heart and she arched as if he were taking her heart from her chest. She dipped and found herself hand in hand with Zelo and she caressed his cheek with the other.

 

She walked out of his space and danced across the stage, the others performing around her as she ran to Himchan, who caught her in a spin. The pair then moved together, her hand on his shoulder, his around her back to hold the small of her back.

 

Through Daehyun's part, she swayed, rocked, and moved with her stage love, then slowly backed out of his embrace, he fought to follow her as she moved toward the stairs, but he was blocked. Snow climbed, one step at a time, playing up the heartbreak with her dancing and expressions as the light faded on her shadowed figure at the top of the stairs, still reaching toward him with a bittersweet smile, and he, covering his eyes with one arm, reaching for her with the other. He moved center stage, arms to the sky as if to ask why, as the other closed in on him. He then dropped to his knees and curled up with the others surrounding him as the gunshot sounded.

 

Out of breath, Snow was helped from the stairs backstage and congratulated by both staff and the background dancers. The boys performed 'Easy' next, followed by 'Body & Soul', which she had the best view as she was returned to her leather and criss-cross outfit to dance in the background. They ended the show with 'B.A.B.Y.' and as they were waving goodbye to the fans, the background dancers were ushered forward to take a bow. Himchan and Yongguk took her hands and led her forward. They released her hands to applaud as she took a bow, smiling and waving to the crowd as they cheered, then hurried back to the background.

 

After the show, Snow changed back into her original outfit and was lacing up her boots when the boys joined her. “SNOWY!!!” Yongguk called, claiming her attention. He had the biggest, most precious gummy smile on his face that was impossible not to adore.

 

“Hey guys!” she called back and as soon as she stood, the eldest boy had her wrapped in his arms and lifting her off the floor. She squealed and laughed in surprise. “Gukkie! Put me down! What are you doing, you goofball?!”

 

“Snowy, you were amazing! You worked so hard out there!” he gushed.

 

“We had no idea you were actually going to join us on stage.” YoungJae stated.

 

“Yeah, we thought you were just playing our stand-in during practice.” Daehyun said, hugging her as well.

 

“I wasn't originally supposed to do it, but Manager Kang said the dancer that would have done it wasn't here. When I said I knew the routine, he begged me to fill in for the performance at the last minute. I couldn't say no, now could I?” Snow explained between congratulatory hugs from the boys.

 

“I have no words, Noona! You were...just, wow!” Zelo smiled brightly, his eyes sparkling with pride.

 

“I couldn't have asked for a better partner.” Himchan said, kissing her cheek.

 

Surprised by the kiss, she playfully punched the boy in the arm, “Kim Himchan! Pabo! There are cameras and reporters everywhere. Do you want to start a scandal?”

 

Himchan laughed heartily but understood her concern, “I'm sorry, Snowy.”

 

She rubbed her cheek and rolled her eyes at the boy, then looked up at Jongup. “You were great out there, Jonguppie. It's amazing to see you in your element, in person like that. Daebak!”

 

Jongup's precious smile brightened, if even possible, at her praise, and he too wrapped his arms around her to hug her tightly. “You were better. I was surprised when you walked out on stage. Were you nervous?”

 

“You'd think so, but no, I wasn't. I think it's because I didn't have time to be nervous. When Kang asked me to be the Angel, I was on auto-pilot. It was surreal, and fun, though. I've never felt a rush like that...and I owe you a huge thanks for helping me.” Snow complimented, her head laying against his shoulder as she hugged him back. Even though they were both still sweaty and tired, she could still smell his cologne and it was heavenly mixed with his masculine scent. She didn't want to let go.

 

“You're a fast learner, and a skilled dancer, Snow. I like dancing with you.” Jongup admitted, releasing her from his embrace and stepping away. “Are you ready to go? Kang wants you to walk with him behind us because of the fangirls. They can get pretty wild after shows.”

 

“I'm ready when you are.” Snow said, smiling as she tossed her crimson locks over her shoulder.

 

The group maneuvered their way out of the venue and toward the van with the boys following their security detail through the aisle of hysterically screaming fans. The flash of hundreds of cameras were going off as Kang handed her a pair of sunglasses to put on. It became clear then why celebrities wore them in public. It wasn't simply to try and hide from their fans, but to protect their eyes from the bright flashes of their cameras. Himchan was taking pictures of the fans that were taking pictures of them, and Snow had to smile because Kang moved forward to tell him to stop before he tripped. The guard that was walking behind her, protected her from fangirls that were trying to follow the boys. She even heard a few fans calling out their praises to her for her dancing.

 

Snow smiled, turning her head to wave at the fans, then climbed into the van with the boys. As they drove away, sitting beside Jongup, her head tipped to the side and her eyes closed, leaning against the boy. “That was fun. I can see why you guys enjoy it so much.”

 

“It's hard work, but it's also a lot of fun, yes.” Yongguk said from the front seat, smiling at her as he turned around in his chair. “You look exhausted.”

 

“I feel exhausted, but in the best way.” Snow confessed.

 

Jongup looked down at Snow as she leaned against him and he smiled softly. He shifted so his arm was around her shoulders to hold her up, lest she move with the sway of the vehicle and fall. At least, that's what he'd tell anyone that questioned him. He didn't miss the small smile that danced across her soft pink lips at the touch. “Get some rest. You earned it.” he whispered to her, earning a faint nod from the girl and a curious side-eye from the maknae beside him.

 

Kang treated them all to a meal for a job well done, complete with shaved ice for dessert, and once again, Jongup made his casual presence next to Snow a continuous occurrence. To anyone else, it would just seem a coincidence because he would hang back to walk in either just ahead or just behind the woman, so he naturally would take the seat beside her, but he was doing it on purpose. Heaven forbid he openly admit to that, though.

 

Once back at the dorm, they were allowed to rest the remainder of the day. Kang congratulated everyone again then left them to relax. Snow was torn between wanting to take a shower and wash off the sweat, and collapsing and taking a nap. Opting for the former, she advanced toward the leader, who had plopped himself on the couch, his head leaning back with his eyes closed. Smiling as she hovered over his face, and gently blew a small puff of air over his face that smelled of the wintergreen gum she had been chewing since they finished dinner. “Gukkie? Do you mind if I take a shower here so I don't have to go all the way back home right now?”

 

Yongguk opened his eyes to look up into her hazel ones, a cherry red curtain of hair framed one side of her face. Grinning, he nodded, “Go ahead. There are towels on the shelf in there that you can use.”

 

“You're the best. I won't take long.” Beamed Snow cutely and stood up. She grabbed her duffel bag, which had a spare outfit in it and her toiletries, then wandered down the hall to the bathroom.

 

Just inside the door as she closed it was a shelf full of folded black towels and washcloths. She took one of each and set them on the counter. She placed her bag in the sink and gathered her various washes. She let the water warm up as she stripped out of her outfit. Even if she didn't wear them to perform in, the fact she didn't shower before putting them on made her feel gross. Standing before the mirror, she stuffed the clothing inside the bag and glanced up at her reflection. Her skin was pale and smooth, her stomach toned and flat, her tight and firm, her s perky and not overly large, nor were they small, and a beauty mark on her belly button. Over both hipbones were tattoos of skulls wearing skewed theater masks, resting amongst ribbons with musical notes and rose petals. She smiled faintly and got into the shower.

 

With her hair full of jasmine scented shampoo, the bubbles popping in her ears, and the stream of the water as it beat down from the shower head, Snow didn't hear the bathroom door open or close. The glass door was clear and only the large towel hanging on the bar on the shower door protected her body from unexpected eyes. The boy kept his back to her and still covered his eyes with his hand as he called out to her, “Noona? I'm sorry for coming in, I promise I'm not looking, but the Hyungs and I were talking, and we wanted to ask if you'd like to stay the night?”

 

Snow's initial reaction was to jump in surprise, and her gaze shot toward the towel that blocked her from view. She was suddenly glad she was so short. Looking through the glass to her brother's back, she couldn't help but smile at his innocence. He was sporting a blush that probably went from the roots of his hair all the way down to his toes. He was nearly the color of her hair! 'Poor Giant Baby...' she thought to herself and shook her head. She rinsed the suds from her hair, thinking over the proposition. “And people call me a ert...” she teased in a mumble, watching Zelo shift uncomfortably. “I trust you not to look, Junhong, no worries. If it were Himchan, I'd be a little more bothered.” She giggled and began to condition her hair with the same jasmine-scented cream. The scented steam filled the room, gradually fogging up the mirror next to her brother. “I'm willing to stay as long as everyone is okay with it. I don't want to make even one person feel put out by my staying. I don't want to be a burden.”

 

“Everyone wants you to stay! They made me come ask because we're related and they didn't want to...intrude on you while you're..um...” Zelo tried to explain but he was stuttering nervously. It was obvious the others had forced him to talk to her.

 

“?” Snow supplied, rinsing her hair again and finger combing the tangles out before reaching for her body wash, only to realize she didn't bring the washcloth in the shower with her. “Just keep your eyes averted and you'll keep your innocence intact. Could you hand me the washcloth on the counter, though?” With his hand shielding his eyes, he picked up the cloth and carefully moved closer. She slid the door open slightly and stretched out her hand to take it from him and return the door closed. “Thank you.”

 

“Yeah, don't worry, I don't want to peek at my sister. That'd be kind of weird...” Zelo added awkwardly.

 

“A bit, though, it depends on whether you'd see your sister or a woman. Either way, is there anything else you needed to ask, or can I finish my shower on my own?” she joked, washing her body with the soapy cloth, and letting the rivers of suds race down her pale skin. As odd as it was to have him in the room with her while she showered, she wasn't as put off by just having him there to talk to while she bathed as she probably should have been. Maybe it was because she was so comfortable in his presence that it just didn't register in her head to feel weird, or maybe it was because she knew how shy her brother was when it came to girls and trusted him not to look.

 

“No, that's all, Noona. I'll let them know you're staying. See you when you're done.” he commented and turned to leave the room.

 

Just before the door clicked shut again, she heard Himchan ask what her answer was, and the teen saying that she would stay only if everyone was comfortable with it. She smirked and rolled her eyes, thinking that boys, especially hers, were such dorks. Sighing, she grabbed her razor and quickly shaved the stubble from her legs and turned off the water. Her towel was wrapped around her body as she put her things back in her duffel bag. While her skin was still damp, she applied lotion to her entire body. A light misting of warm vanilla body mist was all she needed to finish tending to her body. She scrubbed her face in the sink, washing away the remains of her makeup and realized she was about to go barefaced in front of the boys for the first time. Shrugging to her reflection, Snow pulled on her bra and , then her black track shorts that had twin purple stripes on the sides. She donned a loose fitting tank top with a skull and crossbones on the back and with her towels in the hamper, her bag slung over she shoulder and her hairbrush in hand, she left the bathroom.

 

Snow placed her bag next to the front door and with the brush halfway through her long tresses, she paused, noticing the way all six boys were staring at her, wide-eyed. Her brows furrowed and quickly glanced down at herself to make sure she wasn't having some crazy wardrobe malfunction, but when she saw nothing out of the ordinary, she lowered her brush and placed her hands on her hips, “Enjoying the view?”

 

Yongguk, Zelo, Jongup, and YoungJae blushed and looked away, grinning to themselves. Daehyun and Himchan just nodded, unapologetic for their staring. Himchan stood up from his place on the couch, offering her his spot, as he was going to shower next, but first commenting, “You have a very beautiful bare face.” He patted her head and walked down the hallway and from the bathroom door, he called back, “Whatever you used to get clean smells really really good!”

 

The comment made Snow blush as she took a seat on the floor between Yongguk and Jongup, crossing her legs as she continued to brush out her long hair. Every so often, a few chilled drops of water from her hair landed on the dancer's leg, catching him off guard and he'd glance down at the girl. After the third time, he got up and walked down the hallway. From the bathroom, he grabbed a smaller towel and returned to his place on the couch, draping the towel over her head. When she stopped brushing her hair to look up at him curiously, he smiled, “You'll catch a cold if you don't dry your hair.” She blushed prettily and began using the towel to wring out her hair.

 

“Jonguppie?” Snow said after a moment, watching Daehyun and YoungJae go back and forth between whether they would play video games or watch a movie. “I can feel your eyes burning a hole in the back of my head...do you want to play with my hair? I don't mind. I actually love when people play with it. It's soothing.”

 

The boy was taken aback but smiled and leaned forward, taking the towel and brush from her, then shifted so she was sitting between his legs. She sat up straight as a board, her back supported by the couch, and he began to gently squeeze the excess moisture from her tresses. Slowly, the brush was run through the long crimson strands. She assured him repeatedly that if he found a knot, not to worry about hurting her, since she had a tough scalp.

 

Himchan returned to the room a short while later in a pair of silk pajama pants and a black tank top. He watched as Jongup brushed out her hair slowly, sitting in the seat he had left for the woman earlier. He, instead took over the spot next to the dancer and watched, entranced by the simple, yet intimate gesture. “I'm surprised you'd trust Jongup to brush you hair, Snowy.”

 

“Allo Himchannie. I trust him and I like the way it feels. Did you enjoy your shower?” Snow replied, closing her eyes in bliss. The way the bristles gently ran over her scalp and through her hair was lulling her body and mind into a tranquil state.

 

Jongup smiled, slowly running his fingers through her hair in time with the brush. He entered a world of his own, focused on the sensation of her damp hair slipping through the digits and the deliciously floral scent that wafted from it. Himchan's gaze kept shifting from the woman to his friend, unsure of why he was tempted to touch her hair, too...or instead of the younger male. He was a flirt, for sure, but did he really like her as more than a friend? The thought felt foreign and too strange, twisting his stomach in nervous knots and making him uncomfortable. His better judgment told him to leave the room, but he had just entered, so it would seem bizarre to get up and go again. Resigning himself to bear the discomfort of watching the spacy pair, he tried to focus on the tv across the room that was playing a Japanese film that he hadn't watched in a long time.

 

“YoungJae? I don't mean to be a burden, but could you put on the subtitles? I don't understand Japanese. The extent of my Japanese is narrowed to 'Konnichiwa', 'Arigatou', 'Sushi', 'Anime' and 'Wakarimasen'.” Snow requested, looking toward the boy that was about to sit down in his seat with the remote in his hand, her eyes pleading with him. She knew that he and Himchan were the best at Japanese and the others had a little knowledge of the language but she literally only knew five words. Even watching anime hadn't helped her learn it any faster.

 

Smiling, he nodded and set up the movie to the language screen, “Korean or English?”

 

“I'm alright either way, but Korean will be fine. Arigatou!” she grinned, striking a cute pose.

 

YoungJae smiled and mumbled something in Japanese that she didn't understand, but knew it wasn't anything bad by the cheery tone in his voice. He turned the subtitles on and resumed the movie. Snow, still enjoying the constant touch to her hair, slouched slightly against the couch between Jongup's legs. She tilted her head back and glanced up at him, meeting his gaze. He was in his own world, so she just smirked to herself and righted her head again to watch the movie.

 

Snow's head tilted and leaned against Jongup's knee about half way through the movie. Her eyes drifted closed, and she eventually fell asleep there. She didn't move, didn't shift, didn't make a sound. She peacefully slept, the boy's leg acting as her pillow. Near the end of the movie, which had a particularly tear-jerking scene, Yongguk and Zelo both glanced over to her, expecting to see her wipe her eyes or sniffle, but when they saw her profile not respond, the leader leaned forward a bit to get a better look at her face. Spying her closed eyes and peaceful expression, he grinned and leaned back to speak gently to Jongup. “Be careful moving, Jonguppie.”

 

The boy looked confused for a moment, wondering if perhaps something would hurt him if he moved, but then he followed Yongguk's eyes to the girl that was kissed by fire. He hadn't noticed that she had been leaning against his leg for so long. The older male cracked a gummy smile, adding, “Snow's asleep.”

 

The boys all looked over, noting that the woman was indeed asleep. Zelo looked to his eldest Hyung, “What should we do?”

 

Yongguk looked at the clock and noted the time. It was only a quarter to ten, but he knew she was tired. All the effort and training had taken its toll on her. “Well, we can either wake her up or let her sleep.”

 

“We could put her to bed.” Jongup said absently.

 

“We could, if everyone is ready for bed.” Zelo stated.

 

“I'm not tired yet.” Jongup replied, adding as an afterthought, “But I don't mind sitting on the floor.”

 

“Me neither.” the youth answered.

 

“Let's get her on the couch then. She'll be more comfortable.” Yongguk decided, standing up, followed by Himchan and Zelo. Jongup, unable to move without her losing her support and end up slumping to the floor, remained where he was, wondering how they were going to move her. Yongguk and Himchan decided silently that they would pick her up while her little brother found a spare pillow and blanket in their room. Himchan's hand gingerly slipped under her head, keeping it as steady as possible. Yongguk had the tricky task of lifting her up without jostling her around too much. Zelo placed the pillow at one end of the couch while the others carefully set her down. When she was laying down, she stirred slightly, and they wondered if they had woken her. Jongup kneeled in front of her and caressed her hair again. A tiny twitch of her lips into a barely there smile made him know that he had done the right thing. She curled up on her side and slipped into a deeper slumber.

 

The boys played video games for another hour and a half before turning in for the night. The gradual sounds of sleep filled the room, from slow, steady breathing and snores to the occasional faint mumble. One boy, however, lay awake in his bed, staring at the ceiling, lost in thought. In the other room slept a girl, nay, a woman. She was pretty, and sweet...considerate and genuine...talented and passionate...she was angelic and spacy at times but also observant and sassy. She had the ability to light up a room the moment she walked in and melt a man's heart with her smile. She was kind and warm and protective of not only her brother, but of them all. Since they had met, she had passionately, albeit anonymously, defended the group against anti-fans on their fancafe, going so far as to sign in under the administrator's account, thanks to Kang, and spent nearly three hours going through and collecting a copy of the harmful comments one anti had posted, then deleting them and blocking the user. She was fiercely adamant on her stance where their 'stalkers' or Sasaengs, were concerned, claiming that she'd sooner beat up the girls than let the boys get hurt. Sure, she may not be the best cook in the world when it came to Korean food, but it was new to her, and she could get better with practice.

 

Sighing for what had to be the tenth time in as many minutes, Jongup sat up in bed and rubbed his eyes. Glancing toward the alarm clock on the other side of the room, he noticed it was just after one in the morning. He couldn't sleep. Rolling out of bed and climbing down from his bunk, being careful not to wake Himchan, who was sleeping below with one arm draped over his eyes, Jongup wandered out of the room. The boy figured a bit of water would help, so he moved through the dark toward the kitchen. He opened the fridge, the light from inside spilling out to fill the room and reached for a bottle of water. He then carried it into the living room, taking a seat in one of the chairs near the window. The view was pretty and serene, but did nothing to calm his racing thoughts, nor did the sight of Snow sleeping, her blanket having slid down her body, her shirt rising just enough to reveal her inked artwork on her hipbones.

 

From behind him, Snow stirred from her slumber enough to realize there was another person in the room. Even through her eyelids, she could tell it was very dark in the room she was in. When she cracked her eyes open slightly, taking in the shadowed area, momentarily forgetting where she was, but then remembered that she was at the dorm. That meant the figure by the window with his head turned away and side view was one of the boys.

 

Stretching slightly, she let out a soft groan that ended with a squeak, then rubbed her eyes. “Couldn't sleep?”

 

Jongup turned toward her when he heard her voice and fought to keep the smile from his face. She sounded so cute when she just woke up! “I'm sorry, Snowy. Did I wake you?”

 

“Yes, kind of, but it's fine. Something wrong, Uppie?” She asked, pushing herself to sit up with her pillow behind her. Curling her legs up beside her, she patted the spot next to her on the couch, inviting him to join her.

 

“Nothing wrong, necessarily. Just couldn't sleep.” he replied, moving to sit next to her.

 

“Too worked up after the show or is there a storm whirling in that pretty head of yours?” she asked, leaning against the couch, her elbow propped on the back with her head on her hand.

 

“Both, maybe. I was thinking a lot.” he commented, turning toward her in the dark, their thighs just barely touching.

 

Snow glanced down at her blanket-covered lap and pursed her lips, wondering what could be bothering the boy enough to steal his sleep. “Thinking about what?”

 

He didn't answer her, pleased that she didn't comment or make a big deal about him 'thinking' like s had, but he didn't say anything about it, so she looked back up at him patiently. He really was a beautiful example of the human race. “Maybe whatever is bothering you, you should stop thinking about it and do something about it instead. If it's something to do with B.A.P. you should tell the others...”

 

“It's nothing to do with them,” Jongup interrupted softly with a smirk, but even though he wasn't looking at her, she could tell it was a forced smile.

 

“Is...it about me?” Snow asked, nervous and worried that she had somehow upset him, or crossed the line by staying the night. According to her brother, everyone wanted her to stay and he didn't mind playing with her hair until she fell asleep, but maybe he just felt obligated to comply because he was out-numbered. “Did I do something wrong? Oh god, I did, didn't I?” Her hands shot to , her eyes growing large in her head as she looked at him like a deer in headlights, on the brink of tears. “I intruded and disrupted things for you by staying...I'll go home if...”

 

Snow tore the blanket from her legs and moved to stand up, aiming to grab her things quickly and walk out, just to alleviate any discomfort she thought she caused by being there, when Jongup's hand shot out quickly to grab her wrist. His eyes lifted to hers, a pleading look in them that begged silently for her to listen. “No! Snow, please, don't go. You are not a burden or bother.” She was clearly still not convinced, but she did sit back down and try to relax as he hurried on, “You are always welcome. We love having you here! Really we do!”

 

“Then...what would be making you lose sleep if it's not me?” Snow asked shakily.

 

“I didn't say it wasn't because of you. To tell you the truth, you are the reason...” he began and he heard her gasp before his eyes met her own watery ones. “But I didn't say it was a bad thing, either.”

 

“I'm confused, Jonguppie...” she furrowed her brows and tilted her head to the side curiously, unable, in her still sleepy mind, to think clearly and process his mysterious ways.

 

“So am I...well, I am, but I'm not.” he admitted with a soft chuckle, rubbing his arm and averting his gaze.

 

Something clicked into place in her mind and the haze of confusion began to fade, giving her a sense of uncertain clarity. The answer she came to, however, was not one she could say for certain without him confirming her suspicion...but if she were wrong, it would be embarrassing for them both. Biting her bottom lip, she steeled her nerves, took a deep, steadying breath, and asked, almost in a whisper, “Jongup...do you...like me?”

 

Even in the darkness, she could see the way his ears pinked and his cheeks soon followed. He was quiet for a long time as she sat waiting expectantly. After what seemed forever, he nodded. Then it was his turn to wait, but he didn't have to wait very long for her reply. Snow, however, didn't respond in words either.

 

A soft smile formed on her lips before she leaned over and placed a quick peck to his cheek. He turned to meet her eyes, blushing even more but needing to see that her action was genuine and not just a means to get a reaction out of him. All he could see in her face was relief, joy, and care. That was all he needed to see before reaching out to gently cup her jaw with one hand.

 

He his lips slightly in preparation for what he would do next, her gaze dropping from his eyes to his lips and back up as her hand rested over his own. She wanted to question whether he was sure of what he was thinking...to tell him that if he crossed that line tonight, he couldn't take it back. She could ignore her feelings for him as long as he didn't return them. Thus was the life of a fangirl...but none of these thoughts made it past her lips. Jongup leaned in, as she mirrored him. Her eyes closed as they drew close. She could feel his breath wash across her skin, only an inch apart. She only needed to tip her head to connect the kiss, and she did, ever so slowly. It was a chaste kiss; soft, sweet, and innocent, lingering less time than it took the build up to occur, but in that one kiss, she knew she was helpless to stop herself from falling for him. She could deny it all she wanted, but she knew, eventually...inevitably, she would fall for him completely. He knew, the moment her soft lips touched his own, he wanted her to be his and only his.

 

As they pulled back and her eyes opened, meeting his own, she smiled sweetly and she blushed. Jongup took her hand as his dropped from her face and intertwined their fingers, unsure what he could say, but the silence between them wasn't quite as awkward as he thought it would be after their first kiss. Before he lost his nerve, he inquired softly, “I don't really know what I'm supposed to do. I've never had a girlfriend before...”

 

Giggling softly, Snow raised a brow at his choice of words. Unable to resist, she coo'd teasingly, “Last I checked, we only kissed. Do you want me to be your girlfriend, Moon Jongup?”

 

The boy looked so hopeful as he gazed at her, giving her hand a light squeeze. “Would you?” At her nod and beautiful smile, he added, “I might not be very good at it though.”

 

“Just don't lie to me, betray me, or hurt me, and it will be okay...but I have to ask...are you sure about this? I mean...does it bother you at all that I'm nearly six years older than you? And what about TS's dating policy?” She asked, anxious to hear if her reality checks would turn him away.

 

“I don't think I could do those things if I tried.” Jongup began in response to her requirements, and smiled, “I always liked Noonas. I can learn from them, and they don't get overly dramatic.”

 

“Clearly you've never seen me in fangirl mode...” Snow mumbled making him laugh.

 

“No, I haven't, but I'm sure I will someday. Sangjangnim doesn't really have a no dating policy that I'm aware of. They told us that if we are going to date, keep it a secret. If it gets out, we are supposed to deny it.” Jongup said in a hushed voice.

 

“So we have to keep it quiet...I guess that's not so bad. We're already keeping my relationship to Junhonggie a secret. What's one more?” Snow leaned her head against Jongup's shoulder as he carefully draped his muscular arm around her shoulder. “Can you imagine the rumors that would fly if someone knew you let a girl stay the night in your dorm?”

 

“If netizens knew how we really were, our reputation would be ruined.” the boy replied, looking down at the girl in his arms. He was the shortest member of the group, but this woman, older than all of them, was almost five inches shorter than him. It was nice to feel tall for once and she fit to him so perfectly.

 

“Since there aren't any cameras or gossip-hungry, overly obsessed fans in here...would it be too much to ask for you to show me your heart when we're together, out of the public?”

 

“Show you how? Skinship?”

 

“Yeah. Hold my hand, hug me, kiss me for no other reason than because you want to, and not shy away just because the members might see. They will find out quickly enough.”

 

Jongup paused again to think over what she said. In reality, he had been wanting to have more skinship with her for a while, but he was far too nervous about making her uncomfortable. “Do you want them to know?”

 

“Do you NOT want them to know?” she countered, curious.

 

“I don't think they would mind.” Jongup said, glancing toward the bedroom door.

 

“Jonguppie?” Snow called, gaining his attention once more. Her free hand lifted to place a finger under his chin and lure him closer. “We can keep it between us for a while. Let them figure it out on their own.” Every whispered word spoken drew her closer until she was a breath away, her eyes locked with his. He had absolutely beautiful eyes, and even though she was used to the whole double-eyelid, being American and all, but she loved the shape of his eyes. The rich hue of those orbs was like losing herself in the night sky.

 

He wasn't sure what she was doing at first, but the closer they got, it clicked. He reached out to tuck a lock of her hair behind her ear, the hand dropping to the side of her neck as he closed the space and pressed a soft kiss to her lips. Her head tipped ever so slightly to the right and returned his kiss, moving her hand to his chest. Instinct, or perhaps just lust, urged her to deepened the kiss, but with how inexperienced and shy the boy could be, she didn't want to push him. It's not like she had the intention of bedding the boy the same night they got together, after all.

 

The pair shared a few chaste, sweet pecks like that over the next twenty minutes before Snow looked at the clock. “Jonguppie, you should try to get some sleep. It's so late!”

 

“Alright.” the male relented, having been quite content to stay on the couch, sharing sweet kisses and talking about whatever came to mind, or nothing at all. It felt amazing to have a girlfriend like Snow. “Good night, Snow.”

 

“Sweet dreams.” she replied, waiting until he disappeared back into the room before she laid back down, but sleep eluded her for another half hour, as her mind whirled with images of their stolen kisses. She repeatedly traced her lips with her finger, savoring the feel of his mouth on her own. That night, she dreamed of him...and more than just the kisses they could share in the future.