The Switch. The End.

The Switch
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hello, Minwoo minions~! ^^ My second Christmas gift for you: the final chapter of The Switch. For those who are asking what my first gift was, I wrote a lame Minwoo Christmas fanfic. The last Christmas gift will be given before or after New Year.

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FOR LOVING THIS STORY~! I don't deserve the 15 votes and 85+ subscribers. /ugly sobs/ Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

And again, thank you soooo much, my dearest friend, Beata for allowing me to use this plot. This chapter is dedicated to you (actually, the whole story is for you~!) I hope the ending is good. Your opinion is the most important thing! Happy Christmas~! ^.^

Since this is the final chapter, it is quite long. I edited the first four chapters because I just found out that Kiritani is her surname and Mirei is her first name. I'm sorry for the confusion.

Please enjoy and spread the Minwoo love~! ^.^ Again, thank you so much for reading, commenting, and patiently waiting for "The Switch."

 

THE SWITCH (by kaijin-taichou)
1.5 – The Switch. The End.

Rating: PG or K+ (just to be safe)
Genre: AU; Humor; Crack
Main Characters: Kim Jinwoo, Kiritani Mirei, Song Minho,
Pairing: Minwoo; MinoxJinwoo; MireixMino
Summary: Jinwoo was Mirei's miracle. He came to her life at the moment she needed someone to become her.

==========

 

"So we're busted?"

Jinwoo read Mirei's message again and again.

With how Mino bore holes on his body and soul with his glare, Jinwoo replied.

"Yes."

He looked at Mino, who never took his eyes off of him. Jinwoo tried to apologize but the bodyguard just kept quiet.

For the seventh time, Jinwoo tried to explain himself.

"I'm really, really sorry if we deceived you. Although, it was really our intention, or more like Mirei-san's plan, I didn't want to fool anyone. I'm really sorry, Mino-ssi," Jinwoo said in Korean.

But Mino didn't say anything and just kept on glaring at him. Jinwoo's patience snapped.

"If you want your boss now, just go to Sapporo and fetch her there! Then let me live back to my normal life!" Jinwoo said with a shaky voice.

It startled the bodyguard and softened his stare. Finally, Mino spoke.

"I will after this meeting with Mirei-sama's fiancé. Don't up," Mino warned him.

"I survived pretending to be your boss for a month now without you noticing it so I don't think I need your advice," Jinwoo snapped as he looked outside the car window.

He just let Mino kill him with his glare.

==========

Mino just stood beside Seungyoon's secretary, Taehyun, as Seungyoon and his boss enjoyed and appreciated the paintings in the exhibit.

My boss' doppelganger. The bodyguard corrected himself.

Mino wanted to award Jinwoo a best actor trophy. He looked so natural as a woman and he was flirting with Seungyoon very naturally as well.

This guy has no shame.

"You are a very jealous person, Mino-ssi," He heard Taehyun commented.

Mino gave the taller guy a baffled look.

"I'm a little jealous too of Mirei-ssi but I'm not killing my boss with my stare. They need that kind of interaction. They're engaged," Taehyun said.

"I'm not jealous," Mino said as he looked at Seungyoon and Jinwoo. He heard Taehyun chuckle. He knew that Taehyun wasn't convinced with his denial.

He ignored the secretary and just focused on looking at the two. Mino felt he was also guarding Seungyoon. So when Jinwoo hit Seungyoon's arm playfully, Mino walked towards the two and stood between them.

Mino didn't know why Seungyoon smiled at him and looked at his secretary, whom he winked at but he didn't care. The one he was "dating" wasn't his fiancée but an imposter.

"You're too protective of your boss, Mino-ssi. Don't tell me you'll sleep between us on our first wedding night. You need to share a space with Taehyunie, though," Seungyoon joked.

Mino just bowed apologetically.

"It's just that..." Mino looked at Jinwoo as he began to question his action.

It wasn't his business if Jinwoo flirted with Seungyoon. At least, it was not Mirei who had to go through this situation. At least his boss was saved.

Mino shouldn't feel anything now aside from feeling betrayed. However, he questioned himself.

Why was he acting like an overprotective bodyguard when the one he should be protecting was somewhere in Sapporo and the one in front of him was a random, beautiful stranger who didn't need to be protected?

But Mino saw Jinwoo, the random beautiful stranger, as someone who needed protection. His protection. From relatively stranger like Seungyoon. Or like himself.

Or shouldn't I be the one protecting myself from this random beautiful stranger? Mino asked himself.

And the random beautiful stranger was a guy, a guy like Mino.

Jinwoo was looking at him as well. He was looking at his eyes, challenging him to tell Seungyoon the truth. Mino could tell that Jinwoo was ready for any consequences for deceiving everyone in Mirei's life.

However, Mino looked back at Seungyoon and bowed to apologize again. But he just stood between the two all throughout the exhibit.

==========

Jinwoo didn't know how long he has been staring at the ceiling in Mirei's room. After saying goodbye to Seungyoon, he went straight away to the room.

His mind and heart were not calm. He should be happy that they were finally busted but a part of him was sad.

He totally understood how Mino felt. The bodyguard was deceived. He had every right to ignore him and make him feel guilty. But Mino's cold treatment towards Jinwoo all throughout the ride from the exhibit venue to the mansion was killing his heart.

He didn't open the door for him. Mino didn't accompany him to the room, to make sure his "boss" won't escape again. Mino might have thought it would be better if Jinwoo leaves on his own.

Sighing, Jinwoo stood up. He tried to remove his dress but its zipper was on his back. He tried to reach for the zipper but he couldn't. The only way to remove the annoying dress was to call Asuka-obasan.

Then the door opened.

"Asuka-obasan, thank God. Please help me with this. Why did Mirei-san choose this dress? I can't—" Jinwoo didn't finish his sentence because when he turned around to face the door, it was not Asuka-obasan.

It was Mino.

Jinwoo raised a brow when he noticed what Mino was holding.

Two pillows and a blanket.

"So, I'm not allowed to sleep in this room now?" Jinwoo asked in an annoyed voice.

"Supposedly. But Mirei-sama ordered me to let you stay here for tonight. She will return tomorrow," Mino said as he placed the pillows and blanket on the big couch across the bed.

"And what are you doing?" Jinwoo asked as Mino looked at him.

"I'll sleep here," Mino simply replied.

"W-What?!" Jinwoo gasped.

"I don't trust you," Mino told him.

It hurt Jinwoo. Of course, Mino won't trust him but it still hurt him. And he didn't need him to shove it to his face like this.

"Fine! Then check everything here and see if I stole something from your precious boss!" Jinwoo bellowed, trying his best not to cry. When he felt his tears were about to fall, he turned his back on Mino and reached for the zipper of his dress again.

"Argh!" he cried out of frustration.

Then suddenly, his right hand, which he was using to his dress, was slapped. He put down his arm and tried to look behind him when two hands held his arms.

"Stay still," Mino told him. His voice was cold and deep that it made Jinwoo shiver. What didn't help the most was Mino said those words directly on his right ear.

Jinwoo obeyed Mino unconsciously. He stood still.

"Hold your wig," the bodyguard ordered him, still using the same cold voice. Jinwoo obeyed him again as he held his wig high so Mino could see the zipper.

Jinwoo felt Mino's left hand on his left shoulder as Mino ped the dress. Jinwoo didn't know if it was just his imagination and he was being delusional but he felt like Mino was ping his dress in a very crucially slow way.

Jinwoo bit his lower lip and held his breath. When the zipper's slider reached the bottom stop, which was almost on his tailbone, Mino didn't immediately let go of the slider.

Jinwoo suddenly realized that his was exposed right before Mino's eyes.

"T-Thank y-you..." Jinwoo said then he ran to the bathroom.

==========

Mino sat down on the couch and sighed heavily.

Jinwoo could make him feel things all at the same time: mad, guilty, annoyed... and hot.

Mino was mad when he saw how comfortable Jinwoo was living inside the Kiritani mansion that he was ordering his Asuka-obasan around.

He felt guilty when he saw Jinwoo's teary eyes. He couldn't trust Jinwoo even though his boss trusts him with all her heart. He didn't understand why he felt hurt when he saw Jinwoo's eyes, filled with tears before he turned his back on him.

Mino felt annoyed when Jinwoo struggled to reach for the zipper of his dress which was on his back. He didn't know if Jinwoo was stupid but there was no way he could reach that zipper. And a frustrated Jinwoo, being unable to his dress, made him a frustrated Mino as well.

So he decided to help him.

But it was a decision he immediately regretted the moment Jinwoo held his wig high. The sight of Jinwoo's neck made Mino's breathing heavy. His heart was pounding so fast when he touched Jinwoo's shoulder. Mino's hand was shaking as he ped Jinwoo's dress. He gulped as his eyes were transfixed on Jinwoo's .

Mino wanted to run his fingers all over Jinwoo's milky white skin back. It was flawless.

He was about to do so when Jinwoo thanked him and ran to the bathroom.

Mino tried to calm himself. He couldn't believe that he was feeling like that for Jinwoo. He leaned his body on the back rest and closed his eyes.

His sleepless nights were not because of Mirei. The butterflies inside his stomach were not flying for Mirei. He wasn't in love with Mirei. He was never in love with his boss.

His heart started to beat for Jinwoo that very moment he saw him in the boutique. Mino thought maybe he was attracted to Jinwoo because he was cross-dressing and the guy really looked like a ing beautiful lady: prettier than any women, even prettier than his Mirei-sama.

Mino sighed as he remembered how he froze when he saw Jinwoo in his normal look. The things he felt for him when he was dressed as Mirei were still the same.

He had to call Taehyun and tell him that he truly understood him now and his feelings for Seungyoon.

He had to call Mirei and tell her that his head bodyguard is in love with a beautiful stranger. With a beautiful guy.

Mino opened his eyes when he heard the bathroom door opened. He looked at Jinwoo.

He was no longer wearing a wig. Instead of a dress, he was wearing a plain white t-shirt and a pair of black shorts. No heels, just his bare feet. Mino stared at Jinwoo's face. His hair was still messy as drops of water were still dripping from the tips of his hair. His bare beautiful face held his cute cheeks, his prominent nose, his pink lips, and his pretty doe eyes.

Mino looked away. His eyes couldn't take too much perfection. He hated Jinwoo for taking his breath away just like that.

When Jinwoo lied on the bed, Mino realized how stupid his plan was. Sleep wouldn't be an option for tonight.

==========

How he was able to sleep, knowing that Mino was inside the room with him, was the first thing Jinwoo thought when he opened his eyes.

Jinwoo thought he was crazy because he waited for the bodyguard to sit on his bed, just like the past nights. It was stupid of him to think that Mino would still do it after he figured out that he wasn't Mirei. Jinwoo was an imposter. Who would trust an imposter?

Jinwoo got up and realized he was his normal self. He didn't want to change and be Mirei again. It would be useless. So he decided to just lie on the bed again and stay there until Mirei arrives.

Speaking of Mirei, Jinwoo took his phone from the bedside table and dialed the heiress' number. After three rings, the other line picked up.

"Hello, Mirei-san," Jinwoo greeted politely.

"Jinwoo-ssi," a cold, low voice answered him.

Jinwoo didn't need to sleep with Mino's face as the last thing he sees before calling it a day and he definitely didn't need Mino's voice to be the first thing he hears to start his new day.

"Am I not allowed to talk to her now, Mino-ssi?" Jinwoo asked in a rather cold way.

Mino didn't answer him. The next thing he heard was the voice of Kiritani's heiress.

"Jinwoo-ssi, I'm so sorry," Mirei said

"No. I'm sorry. I was careless. I didn't keep my passport well and Mino-ssi found it," Jinwoo apologized.

"No. It was my fault. Mino-yah already knew that I was in Sapporo before he found your passport," Mirei said.

"Huh?" a confused Jinwoo asked.

"His friend called him yesterday and reported that I was in Sapporo, eating ramen in a restaurant. Mino-yah's friend was working in that restaurant so he called Mino-yah," Mirei explained.

"Is it the same restaurant where they found you before?" Jinwoo asked the lady on the other line.

"Yes. The ramen there is so good, Jinwoo-ssi! I need to bring you there one of these days," Mirei said excitedly.

"But you let Mino-ssi's friend see you?" Jinwoo asked again.

"I was in disguise. I was wearing a pair of pants, Jinwoo-ssi and I don't really wear pants!" Mirei exclaimed.

"Did you at least wear your sunglasses or a cap?" the Korean guy inquired.

"Their ramen is too good to think of those things, Jinwoo-ssi. I swear. You will forget your name once you've tasted it," Mirei answered.

Sighing, Jinwoo rubbed his right temple. There were things money can't buy and clearly, common sense was one of those things.

"So, you're on your way here?" Jinwoo said as he stood up and looked outside through the window.

"Yes. We're on our way to the airport now," Mirei said.

"I'll book the next flight to Korea after this phone call," Jinwoo informed her as he walked back to the bed and sat on its edge.

"What?!" Jinwoo had to remove his phone away from his ear because Mirei just yelled.

"Why do you sound so surprised? There is no reason for me to stay here. We're busted," Jinwoo said, laughing.

"No. Please, don’t go! Wait for me before you book your flight— What the hell, Mino-yah?!" Mirei yelled.

"What happened?" Jinwoo asked worriedly.

"Don't worry, we’re fine. I'll book the flight for you," Mirei pleaded.

"I can do it and I really want to go back to my normal life," Jinwoo said. He wanted to leave the mansion. And he wanted to leave the mansion before Mino returns. However, Mirei didn’t answer him.

"Hello? Mirei-san? Are you still there? Hello~"

Jinwoo was about to press the "end call" button when Mirei blurted out, "Booked!"

"What?" Jinwoo asked.

"I've booked your flight. Your flight is tomorrow, 2PM. Business class," the heiress informed him.

"Look, Mirei-san. I really want to leave today—" But Mirei ended the call.

Jinwoo sighed. He has no plans on using the plane ticket from Mirei. He stood up and went to the bathroom. He would book his flight after taking a shower so he could leave immediately.

Before he entered the bathroom, his phone played his message alert tone. He checked it and saw Mirei's name. He sighed hopelessly.

"I told Asuka-obasan not to help you with your clothes today so you can't leave my house. Wait for me. Wait for Mino."

Throwing his phone on the bed, Jinwoo went to the bathroom, feeling very helpless as Kiritani Mirei has successfully blackmailed him once again.

Please log in to read the full chapter