Umbrella

HyuKen anthology

Tittle: Umbrella

Pairs listed: one-sided Keo, Hyuken, Neo.

Word count: 2334 

 

 

They say that you should look behind you when you try to keep the person infront of you ( the person you like ) from getting wet because there might just be someone protecting you instead from the rain.

 

 

Lee Jaehwan, a normal teenager. The only different thing was that he liked the school's singer, Jung Taekwoon. At first he thought it was merely admiration but later he found himself smiling when someone compliments the singer, frowns and grows angry when someone bashes the singer and somewhat stalked the singer on social media.

And unknown to him, there was a young junior who fell for him. It was no other than the first day popular tall youngster Han Sanghyuk. The tall young one had fallen for Jaehwan when he first stepped into the library to give back a book he borrowed. Jaehwan was currently working his shift since he was a librarian. 

Eversince the encounter - which Sanghyuk only stared and gapped at the older as he handed back his book and sat down to stare even more at Jaehwan - Sanghyuk has practically been everywhere Jaehwan was like how Jaehwan was everywhere Taekwoon was.

 

  

 

"Good Morning hyung." Wonshik, a boy with baby blue hair colour, greeted Jaehwan. "Seen Leo hyung yet?" he snickered at the older, and the older replied with a crimson red face. Leo was Taekwoon's nickname because he gave a lion - leader'ish', king'ish' - aura when he walked and everyone either kept quiet or screamed like the fangirls and fanboys they were.

"Good morning Ravi. And yes, I have." he smiled as he remembered waving and actually getting a wave reply! 'good times' Jaehwan thought even if it were only a 20 minutes ago, but Taekwoon to Jaehwan was very important. 

Wonshik smiled and skipped closer towards Jaehwan to give a 'good-job-Hyung! hug' but a hand suddenly pushed him back. The blue haired guy looked in confusion since he was pushed when he was just only going to innocently hug the older.

He looked to his left and saw one tall and fine looking junior, Han Sanghyuk. Wonshik also recieved a glare from the youngest among the three there. "Hello hyung." Sanghyuk turned into a cheerful person to greet Jaehwan.

"Hello there too....?"

"Sanghyuk, Han Sanghyuk. But just call me Hyuk if you want." he replied the older's untold question.

"Ah ok." He smiled at Sanghyuk. But then he turned his gaze to Wonshik. "Is he your friend Wonshik?" Jaehwan asked at the blue haired boy. 

"Well...kinda. He's more of Bean's favorite junior." Wonshik stated. Bean's real name is Lee Hongbin. And true to Wonshik's words, Hongbing's favorite junior was Sanghyuk.

Jaehwan smiled brightly and Sanghyuk swore he was already boarding the train to cloud 9. 

"Good to hear that Hyuk-ah." Jaehwan stook out his arm to shake the others. In which, Sanghyuk complied. The soft touch of Jaehwan's hand felt very nice on Sanghyuk's hand and the grip was perfect as if they were for each other. The tall maknae smiled but frowned inside when Jaehwan let go of his hand.

The oldest was about to ask qustions but the bell didn't allow him. "Oh~ we should go now." Jaehwan chirped and went off. Sanghyuk and Wonshik merely smiled and waved at the figure who ran inside the school.

Then Sanghyuk nudged Wonshik at his side, earning a painful grunt from the blue haired boy. 

"What was that for!?" he angrily shouted at the tall other. But Sanghyuk only smiled sinisterly and looked with closed eyes. 

"For being to close with what's mine." He emphitized the mine word to show belongin and walked off into the school.

Leaving Wonshik in a confused state as he watched the later go into the said place. 

'I think..i know why he's Bean's favorite junior...' Wonshik thought before he ran to his class, not wanting to get punished by the teacher of his first period.

 

 

The door to Jaehwan's class slide open as a certain singer stepped inside. And that made our main character squeel inside like a fangirl. 'He's in the same class as me?!' 

The school had changed all their scheduel and it seems that Jaehwan got the same music period as Taekwoon. But what made his heart beat faster was that taekwoon made his way to Jaehwan's seat.

"Hey." Taekwoon greeted Jaehwan.

"u-uh? o-o-oh h-hey." Jaehwan clumsily stuttered as he looked down to hide his crimson blushed filled face. 

Taekwoon secretly gave a half smile at the way the other replied to him.

"Is that seat beside you empty?" he pointed to the seat beside Jaehwan and he could only nodded quickly. 

"Great." The tall singer said in a soft voice and sat down beside Jaehwan. 

"L-Lee Jaehwan." Jaehwan took out his hand to shake the other's hand, and Taekwoon shoke his hand.

"Jung Taekwoon." The other replied and looked to the front. "Hope to have a nice day with you."

And Jaehwan smiled to himself as he did a victory sign to himself in his mind. 'This day will be great!' Jaehwan cheered to himself but stopped when the music teacher came inside the classroom.

 

 

Class had ended when the very awaited bell rang. Taekwoon stood up and held out his hand to Jaehwan, which he held it and stood up.

"Thanks." Jaehwan shyly muttered. And Taekwoon merely nodded as he went outside, for recess. Jaehwan was about to call out to Taekwoon if he wanted to go to recess together but an image infront of him made he growl with anger. 

A tanned guy. who looked young, hugged Taekwoon and grabbed the said man's hand to pull him to the canteen. Jaehwan's fist hit the table and he walked out the classroom in anger, a scene which was rarely seen since Jaehwan was a rather cheerful person and this type of image didn't suit him, at all.

Before Jaehwan could run out the classroom, a hand grabbed his forearm and pulled him to the side. A very very handsome lad was smiling at him.

"Hyung where are you going? Didn't you promise to go to lunch with me and Wonshik?" he tilted his head cutely. Jaehwan felt guilty for forgetting about his junior and Wonshik. He smiled at the other. "Ok Hongbong." he teased. Making the other pout.

"It's Hongbin." Hongbin said with fake anger. "Arasso arasso~" Jaehwan chirped and the two lads walked towards the canteen. 

Once the two boys reached the canteen, Jaehwan saw a mop of baby blue hair at a corner but surprisingly there was a mop of dark red hair beside him. Jaehwan tried his best to see - even on his tippy toes - but failed and earned a soft chuckle from the man beside him.

"It's Sanghyuk. Han Sanghyuk. My favorite junior." Hongbin said at Jaehwan. Jaehwan made his mouth into the shape of an 'O' as he and Hongbin made they're way to Wonshik and Sanghyuk.

Hongbin waved at Wonshik and Sanghyuk, the other replied with the same gesture. And when Sanghyuk saw Jaehwan, he immidiately smiled brightly. "Hello Jaehwannie hyung." Sanghyuk said with a cute pet name at Jaehwan's name. 

Jaehwan smiled at the playful way the young addressed him. "Hello to you too Hyukie-ah." Jaehwan was about to seat beside Wonshik but Hongbin had already sat there making the only seat available was beside Sanghyuk.

"It seems that you too are close enough to use pet names, right Ravi." Hongbin used Wonshik's nickname and the blue haired other nodded with a smile. Jaehwan lightly blushed and the other three cooed at his cuteness. 

Sanghyuk was smart enough to see right through Hongbin's words and hugged the oldest by the forearm. "Yup!" The youngest smiled charmingly. The entire recess went well with laughters filling the table seated by the four handsome guys. Then Jaehwan's stomach growled in hunger so he sat up and made his way to get food. But something caught his eyes and made them water.

Taekwoon was with the tanned guy, lightly pecking the shorter of the two - the tanned male. Jaehwan's stomach dropped and he didn't felt like buying anything. He was about to walk out the canteen but the tall young one covered his eyes and back hugged him. 

"There there hyung. You still have me." Sanghyuk said and brought him outside the canteen. Sanghyuk was about to confessed his undying love to Jaehwan but the bell again didn't allow. 

Jaehwan wiped his tears and smiled at Sanghyuk. "Thank Hyukie-ah." Jaehwan hugged the taller and made his way to his next classroom. Sanghyuk too made his way to his classroom and the entire journey, he frowned badly it made everyone felt guilty.

 

 

It was dance class so Jaehwan walked to the dance studio in the school. He met Hongbin and Wonshik on the way and smiled to them. When he reached the dance studio, he quickly put his books on a table and sat at a place. He was too far into his sad thoughts that he didn't hear a certain tall guy called out to him.

"Jaehwan." a sliky voice made it's way into Jaehwan's pointy shelled ears. The said guy looked up and saw Taekwoon. He waved and got a wave reply. But his happy times didn't last long when a certain tanned male came to Jaehwan's table and stood beside Taekwoon.

"Jaehwan this is Haekyeon. Haekyeon, this is Jaehwan. Jaehwan, this is my boyfriend." Taekwoon said and Jaehwan merely gave a sad smile and congratulated the two. He then kept quiet through the entire class. His thoughts were blank like his facial expression, but no one noticed. 

A hand then suddenly placed at Jaehwan's small shoulder. Jaehwan loooked at the hand's owner. It was Sanghyuk. True Sanghyuk was far younger than Jaehwan but like i said, the school's changed everyone's scheduel and every age could be in that one class if it said that period was that class.

"Hyukie-ah." Jaehwan sadly waved at the other. Sanghyuk felt guilty looking at Jaehwan's facial expression, as if he was a kicked dog. "Hyung." he then hugged the older. "Like i said during recess, I'm here for you." he sniffed the older's sweet smelling hair, it smelled like strawberries. A smell that surely looked well with the older.

Through out the entire class, Sanghyuk stood beside Jaehwan. Smiling and making the older smile. Sanghyuk felt happy.

 

 

Jaehwan only had three classes on that perticular day, Music, Dance and History. Surprisingly, Sanghyuk too had only three classes. The two old and young made their way outside the school. When they finished classes, either they could stay or just head back to their dorm. 

"So Jaehwannie-hyung." Sanghyuk stopped and said at Jaehwan, making the older stopped to look at the younger. "Let's sit down, I've got..something to say." Sanghyuk sounded serious and that made Jaehwan curious and worried. The two sat down at a bench nearby.

The silance filled the air as the two didn't say a word.

"Hyung, I-I I love you." Sanghyuk confessed. Jaehwan stayed quiet and let the blood flow through his entire face. 

"But you've just met me..." Jaehwan tried to assure that Sanghyuk was just mistaking care with love. 

Sanghyuk sighed but then smiled. "Actually, we;ve met before...in the library." Sanghyuk closed his eyes at the memories. 

 

Sanghyuk had an overdue book to returned. It was a nice book that he forgot the date to returned it. "Aissh!" He ran his fingers through his red hair. The library was closed. He banged on the library door, in hope that a librarian had stayed behind so he could just return the book and peacefully go back home.

"A-ah." a voice squeaked out. It made Sanghyuk turn to look at whoever was there. The tall lad only saw the face once and he knew it was love, his heart beated very fast and his secretly grew crimson red. "A-are you going to return that?" the male - yes it was a dude - said as he eyed Sanghyuk. 

The tall young one looked at the librarian name tag. It wrote 'Jaehwan.' The name seemed to roll nicely off his tongue. And he liked it. "Ah this book?" he looked at the book in this hand. "Yup, i'm going to return it." he waved the book lightly over his face.

Jaehwan smiled and unlocked the library. "Let me return it for you then." Sanghyuk nodded and walked inside. Jaehwan stood behind the librarian counter and took the book Sanghyuk held. He wrote Sanghyuk's name and signed, he then turned the book to let Sanghyuk signed. 

Sanghyuk stared at the other's face and studied it. The long eyelashes, the cute nose, the pouty lips and the light blush on his pale cheeks, he looked beautiful. Sanghyuk signed his signature and waved at Jaehwan. Bowing before he exited the library, he made a mental note to visit the library more often now.

 

Jaehwan couldn't help but smiled as he heard the younger tell the story of their encounter, how could he forget the handsome younger. But Jaehwan frowned slightly. He stood up and bowed at Sanghyuk. 

"I'm so sorry Hyukie-ah. I can't accept your love...not now but maybe in the future, when my feelings for Taekwoon has gone out of my heart, maybe just maybe, i could accept your love for me." Jaehwan smiled sadly before he headed back to his dorm.

Sanghyuk sadly smiled and he tried to hold back the tears. He finally let the tears roll down his cheek when he smiled to the sky.

 

Oh Jaehwan. My love for you will never subside. I just hope that you don't injure yourself. Or catch a cold from the rain I know that wouldn't hit you, not a snigle drop. Cause even if you use your umbrella for Taekwoon-hyung, my umbrella is always covering you from the painful rain of sadness.