02: Hankyeol High's Mystery Girl

Whatever
 

 

chapter two.
                                           hankyeol high's mystery girl.

flower boy cook

 

 

 

August 22, 2014

Hankyeol Highschool, Seoul . Courtyard

10:30 AM

 

"Daebak! I have Oh Sehun in my class!"

"Heoll.... You've got Kim Myungsoo and Mark too!"

A short girl with a bun whined. "Lucky you, Minji! All I've got is a bunch of couples together in the same class..... I'm gonna be solo forever!"

"Pfft." The brunette beside her pointed to a name on the Class Division list. "Stop filming a drama by yourself and look at this."

The group of girls gasped.

".... OHHH my--"

"DAEBAK." The bun-haired girl laughed. "I take back what I said!"

" for you, Minji! Have fun on the first day of school tomorrow~ You also have--"

The girls froze in silence when they turned around.

.... Her.

With her pale, flawless skin, perfectly done makeup, and exclusive clothing, Krystal Jung shot them the prettiest smile a person could possibly make before walking up to the Class Division list.

Without a word, the girls quickly moved out of the way with hidden looks of distaste and jealousy. The other females around them did the same.

 

"Class 2-A."

 

A tall, black-haired guy with sharp, prince-like features walked up next to her with his hands in his pockets.

 

"Ugh." He looked at Krystal. "I have you."

And just like that, the doe-eyed 'Goddess-like' smile suddenly disappeared from Krystal Jung's demeanor. Out came her true expressionless, condescending poker face.

She rolled her eyes. "Shut up, Kim Myungsoo. Don't act like you know me."

He scoffed.

"Why're you standing so still with a class like this? Go do your thing and bribe the school to change your classes so I don't have to see you everyday."

Krystal stared at the class list in front of her.

"Maybe I don't want to."

"Ha. That's great. What is it? A guy you like? A girl you wanna bully?"

She rolled her eyes. "Shut up. What happened to you over the summer? Did your mind start to rot?"

Myungsoo scoffed.

"You shouldn't be talking. What was up with that fake princess smile back there--"

Frowning, Krystal shot him a deadly glare before stuffing the Class Division list into his chest.

"Don't act like you know me."

Without another word, she turned and started walking away, leaving the guy behind rolling his eyes.

 

"Hey," Myungsoo suddenly said as he looked at the Class Division list in interest.

Krystal stopped unknowingly.

 

"....We have the mystery girl in our class."

 

She turned around.

"The what?"

Myungsoo looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Don't act like you know me, Krystal."

Krystal scoffed. "Nevermind, you idiot."

With one last glare, she turned back around and began stomping away again, feigning innocence to the distant looks of hate from the other girls around her.

She suddenly frowned.

 

.... The mystery girl?

 

Krystal stopped.

"... Who's that?"

-----------------------

August 22, 2014

Hankyeol Highschool, Seoul . Classroom 2-A

11:32 AM

 

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Mark stared at his blank phone dumbfoundedly.

 

"Hey, did he say he's coming?"

"...... No."

"What? Why?! We even allowed him to come back with the 300 degrees chicken noodle soup and the expired melona--"

"Guys," Mark had a blank, confused look on his face. "He said something weird... And then he hung up on me."

The guy in front of him looked at him in confusion.

"What did he say?"

"... He said that... that...."

The entire classroom seemed to have turned its attention to him.

 

"... That the store was getting robbed."

 

It was dead silent for a few moments.

 

"WHAT?!"

"S-SERIOUSLY?!"

"What do we do?! What if he's hurt?!"

"Did he say anything else?! Anything about the situation?!"

"How did he sound?! Was he in pain?!"

"SHUT UP, you female population. God, it was just a ROBBER--"

"YOU SHUT UP. WHY COULDN'T IT BE YOU WHO WENT TO THE CONVENIENCE STORE INSTEAD--"

"Now, now, guys..." Mark clapped his hands. "Let's not form any hard feelings for each other. I'm sure Sehun's alright. He didn't say anything much, but he didn't sound in pain or anything."

One girl raised her hand.

"How did he sound like?"

Mark scratched his head. "Uhh... Well....."

 

"Hey, I'm hanging up. The store's getting robbed."

 

"... He sounded pretty annoyed, if you ask me."

 

The classroom seemed to sigh in relief.

"Welp, he's fine then."

"Good ol' Sehun."

"Nice story. Now let's go home."

 

The door was suddenly opened.

Myungsoo walked in.

 

"Bad news, girls, I was just at the courtyard looking at the Class Division list this morning, and, well,"

Myungsoo made a face.

"Apparently, we have Krystal Jung in our class."

 

"... WHAT?!" The girls screeched. (plus Mark, who unfortunately had the truth broken to him a while ago)

"YES!" All the guys shot up in excitement. (minus Mark, who unfortunately had the truth broken to him a while ago)

 

"Oh yeah! I forgot!"

Myungsoo looked at them.

"We also have the mystery girl this year."

 

 

"... WHAT?!"

------------------------

August 22, 2014

Cheonho St., Seoul . FamilyMart

11:35 AM

 

"The noona came in around 11:33, I think, and she seemed to be in a hurry. She was panting really heavily... as if she just ran here."

The police officer looked up from his notepad.

"... And then what did the noona do?"

"Um.... Well... She started yelling at the clerk to calculate two samgak kimbaps... or was it three.... And then the robber started to get all insane--"

"Did he injure her?"

"... Well... It was more like she injured him, because, after all, she did hit him unconscious with a fry pan--"

"But did he injure her?" The officer repeated.

The middle school boy blinked a few times.

".... Uh.... I'm not too sure, actually. We were all pretty far away, and it all happened so fast with everything flying everywhere..." 

 

The police officer sighed.

"Someone needs to check up on her. The robber was an escapee from a mental hospital, after all.." He looked around the convenience store. "Is anyone an acquaintance of that girl?"

 

Oh Sehun, who had stayed quiet up until now, suddenly stood up.

 

"No one has ever met her before."

"She has a problem."

"You know, the creepy empty desk in Class 2-A. It's always been there."

 

 He ran out of the convenience store.

 

The officer blinked.

"Well.... Looks like he is..."

 

- - - -

 

"I heard she had some family problems."

"Something about an accident."

"Didn't it have to do with the hospital?"

 

Sehun spotted the thin, dark-haired girl holding a fry pan just up ahead. He went after her.

 

"She's enrolled in Hankyeol High, alright. I even asked the Teacher--"

"Apparently, she gets all her homework through mail and does her studying at home."

"--But she never came to school for three years.. not even once. Some people call her a ghost."

 

 

"Hankyeol High's Mystery Girl. Her name is--"

 

 

He grabbed her arm.

 

".... Kim Jaehyun?"