Chapter 2

Beautiful Awakening
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The stillness of the room filtered through him as he woke from a sound sleep.  Reaching for his phone on the side table, he focused on time displayed.  It was 6:00 am.  He had slept in.  It must be the fresh country air.  A smile turned up the corners of his mouth as he settled back on the pillow.  What was Shin Hye doing right now?  She was probably up already since she had always been an early riser.  But now that she had Eun Sook?  His smiled widened whenever he thought of their daughter.  He had never fell in love so quickly or so deeply.   She had stolen his heart the first time he met her.  He couldn't wait to see her again.

The sun's rays were just peeking over the hillside, when he stepped out of his room for a quick morning run.  He had an hour to kill before meeting Shin Hye and he had a lot of anxious energy to work off. 

Yesterday, he had taken a quick trip back to Seoul to take care of business and pack some clothes.  He was taking a much deserved two weeks vacation.

He had selfishly decided not to tell Seung Ho that he had found Shin Hye.  He wanted Shin Hye and Eun Sook's full attention for the next two weeks.   He would contact him when he came back to Seoul with Shin Hye and Eun Sook.

A familiar figure streaked across the adjacent path ahead of him.  He changed his course and lengthened his stride to catch her.  It was a good thing he had taken up running a couple of years ago or she would have left him in the dust.   Still, it took effort to catch up to her.

"I can hear you."  Her voice called out.

De ja vu?  Was this how fate worked?  He chuckled to himself.

"Damn.  My ninja skills ."  He shouted at her back.

"Ninjas don't run."  She threw over her shoulders as she picked up speed.

"Then how do they get from one place to another so quickly?"  His stride lengthened again to keep up.   He wasn't going to let her out run him.  

Though, he didn't really mind admiring her backside.  She had a nice backside.  Her legs were strong and toned.  His eyes traveled upwards. She had always been shapely, but she was no longer the too slender woman from three years ago.  Motherhood had filled out her curves.  Definitely y.  His mouth twisted.  But then, when had he ever found her not y.

"Teleportation."  She threw out, interrupting his lusty thoughts.

"That's a handy super power.  I could have used that yesterday."  He could use it now. He was breathing hard and his side was hurting, but he had finally caught up to her.

"How was your trip?"  She glanced sideways at him.  His chest puffed out at the impressed look on her face.

"I'm officially on vacation." He huffed.  Why wasn't she breathing hard?  He was barely able to catch his breath.

"You need to slow down.  You're not use to the thin mountain air."  She slowed her pace for him before he collapsed from lack of oxygen.

"Have you decided where you are going on vacation?" She had waited for his breathing to slow before asking him.

"Can you recommend a nice place for a vacation?"  As if she didn't already know. But he played along with her, extending their banter.

"It depends on what you are looking for."  He could hear the playfulness in her voice.

He glanced over at her. You. You are what I am looking for.

"Some place peaceful and quiet with fresh air and bright sunshine.  An enchanted kingdom where a beautiful princess in disguise lives with her equally beautiful mother, safe and protected from the outside world."  He kept his gaze serious when she smirked in disbelief at his fanciful description.  He shrugged.  He had laid it on pretty thick.

"Sounds nice.  I know just the place."  Her smirk grew as she came to a decision.

"Disneyworld."  She suggested, laughing up at him.  She got him. She had always been like that, falling in with his dream scenarios.

He could see her house up ahead on the hill.  Knowing she was going to take off and leave, he already missed her presence.

She turned and ran backwards.

"See you later."  She waved and veered off to run towards her house.

He stopped and watched her run off across a field of yellow and white wildflowers, up the hill to her home.  This was the perfect place for a vacation.

 

 

The sun was peeking over the hill when he stepped out of his room for the second time that day. The morning air was still cool and fresh.  And now the sky was bright, blue, and cloudless.  As he walked, he took in the details of the mountain village that Shin Hye called home.  The villagers were already up and starting their day.  There was a buzz of activity and morning greetings going on around him.  Occasionally when he passed someone, they would call out a friendly greeting.  They were curious about him, but they kept it to themselves.  Even with all that noise, there was still a sleepy quality about the village.   It was an idyllic setting.  It was just another peaceful day in an enchanted kingdom.

He paused and smiled at the sight of his two beautiful girls walking towards him hand in hand. Shin Hye was smiling down at Eun Sook who was chatting away.  He had missed them yesterday.  He rushed right back because he couldn't bear to be away from them for longer than a day.

"Appa."  Eun Sook chirped when she saw him on the path in front of her.  Her eyes widened and her little legs skipped with barely contained joy.

Min Ho grinned at the cheerful greeting.  It warmed his heart to know that she was happy and eager to see him.  He shared a warm, silent greeting with Shin Hye before squatting down to greet hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter