Three

If I'm Not Your Happiness

Ji Hyun looked at the woman in front of her. To say she was surprised would be understandable. She didn’t think this woman would ever contact her, let alone wanna meet her for “a talk”.

 

The woman in front of her was just like how an A actress would look like, fabulous, charming, pretty and beautiful.  Even though her face was coated in cosmetics, Ji Hyun could see that she was one of those attractive actresses out there. She had a lovely short hair which was dyed in a deep color, something between red and purple. She had a long neck, at least longer than Ji Hyun’s. Her frame was pretty, too. Everything about her was just, pretty.

 

“I’m sorry, it must be inconvenient for you to be here.” Jang Eun Hye started. “I hope this place is secluded enough for us.”

 

The rumor of Ji Yong and Ji Hye’s falling-apart marriage had surfaced. It’s a predictable consequence, since the pictures of Ji Yong and Eun Hye’s secret date were spreading everywhere on the Internet. Some harsh netizens even started the rumor that Eun Hye got pregnant with Ji Yong and seeing how desperate Ji Yong wanted for a child, he ignored Ji Hyun now. Funny it was, for once, netizens’ rumor was right. Reporters were everywhere, around their house, around YGE, around Ji Yong’s parents house. They had to wear thick disguises whenever they went outside now.

 

“What do you wanna talk about?” Ji Hyun said sharply, cut in Eun Hye’s colorful prologue of their conversation. “I don’t see anything to discuss between us.”

 

After staying at Na Young’s house for two days to mourn over her pity, she was done with it. She lost the strength to be weak now, but she also lost the patience to be gentle now. She was numb. She didn’t know what to do next, what to say next, what to expect next. Ji Hyun felt like she wanna cry more, but she just could not bring herself to be pathetic again.

 

“There is. It’s Ji Yong.” Eun Hye gave her a small smile.

 

Are you -i-n-g kidding me now? Ji Hyun wanna say that. “What’s about him?” She asked instead, with a slight frown.

 

“You know, we never really ended.” Eun Hye explained. “We nearly got married before, if it’s not because of my parents’s objection. We were broken when we broke up, and…”

 

“Miss. Jang,” Ji Hyun narrowed her eyes, even though she knew Eun Hye could not see that because of her sunglasses. “What is the point of telling me these? I don’t get it. What you and he had, that is not my business. You don’t have to tell me you two should have married and have kids or what. Heartbreaking love stories are all over this world, not just you and Ji Yong’s. Reality is, I am the one he got married.” She said with visible annoyance. “And right now, I am still his wife.”

 

“I know you feel distressed about me and him.” Ji Hyun scowled hearing Eun Hye’s words. “But, because I am pregnant with his child, things cannot be taken lightly.”

 

“He made that clear to me, thank you. You don’t have to repeat.” Ji Hyun massaged her head. She really felt tired. “What do you want, just say it already. I don’t have time for this.”

 

“Please let him go.” Eun Hye said slowly. There was something in her voice that Ji Hyun didn’t like. “He is a man who cannot be faithful to both women at the same time. And because you and him had nearly six years with a falling end, while I am having a new start with him, just let him go, to be happy, Ji Hyun-ssi.”

 

Ji Hyun laughed. She could not believe what she was hearing right now. “Eun Hye-ssi,” She chuckled. “What are you to tell me that we are having a falling end?” She questioned, since that part annoyed her most. “Having a child with him isn’t everything, don’t you know that?” She knew that everything between her and Ji Yong was coming to an end, she’s not stupid, but right now, for this right moment, she just could not let this woman know that Ji Hyun had lost the game.

 

“But that makes him happy, something you cannot do.”

 

Eun Hye never said anything with a triumphant tone or a mocking attitude, actually she was being pretty polite and well mannered, yet Ji Hyun still felt like she was just slapped on the face.

 

“I will just ask one last question.” Ji Hyun used her last card, the one haunting her days and nights. She just could not comprehend the logic in this game. “Just be honest, is that child you’re carrying even really Ji Yong’s?”

 

For a moment, Eun Hye was taken aback, and she was speechless for a few seconds, even minutes. Ji Hyun took that chance to go on. “This whole world knows how Ji Yong desperately wants a child. Forgive me for being rude, but, I just cannot help but feeling….suspicious about all these things you know?”

 

“We slept, ok?” Eun Hye said with a scowl.

 

Again, Ji Hyun had to close her eyes momentarily to let the pain go numb. She opened her eyes again. “Yes, I know that.” She said calmly. “But, there is no…”

 

“Enough, Ji Hyun.”

 

Ji Hyun froze on her spot. The pains Eun Hye caused to her was nothing compared to the new one who was just stamped in her heart. She could feel how throbbing her heart felt, it was like it was bleeding inside.

 

The sound of his steps was like drumming sound to her. After dropping those sharp words with a cold voice behind her back, he now walked to stand in front of her. “What are you doing here?” He asked with that cold tone again.

 

They stared at each other through sunglasses. They had not see each other in two days. They refused to return to what they once called as their home, and since she knew his schedule so well, she chose the times when he would not go back to drop by and started packing her things. Right now she was staying in her friend’s hotel, trying to find what to do next with her life.

 

“Talking.” She answered him.

 

“You asked me that question before, now you have to go around and ask her? Why?” He sat down next to Eun Hye, facing Ji Hyun.

 

“I had to make sure…”

 

“Is it that hard for you to believe that I actually can have a child?”

 

Who is this? I don’t know him. I don’t know this man who is sitting in front of me. Who is he? Where is my Ji Yong? This man has a same face and voice like him, but he’s not him. Ji Yong was never like this. Ji Yong was always tender, loving and knew how to treat a woman, no matter it’s his woman or not. He’s not cruel like this.

 

Ji Hyun refused to cry. She refused to break down in front of them now. She could not. She let another pain, which cut her deeper than the freshly created just now, went through her heart.

 

“Ji Yong….” Eun Hye whispered to him, but it was like she intentionally wanted Ji Hyun to be able to listen to too. “Unnie called me to have a meet….”

 

Ji Hyun raised her eyebrows. What is she saying?

 

“....unnie asked me to do abortion.” Eun Hye sniffed quietly, but again, it was not like Ji Hyun deaf. “...but I’m trying to convince her how important this child is to you.”

 

What the hell is happening right now? She really has the guts to make up things right now?

 

Eun Hye flashed her an intent look.

 

“W-what….”

 

Ji Yong shot his angry eyes at Ji Hyun, taking off his sunglasses. “Really, Ji Hyun?” He hissed like her name was the most evil thing in this world. “How could you? Are you that horible?”

 

Ji Hyun just sat there, watched him fuming through her sunglasses, too stunned to speak even just a word. All her pains were numb now, she could not feel them anymore.

 

“Yoon Ji Hyun!” Ji Yong angrily smashed his palms on the table.

 

Kwon Ji Hyun. They used to love that name so much. Ever since they got married, if anyone called her as a Yoon, Ji Yong would be annoyed and asked them to call her again, as a Kwon. They enjoyed being called as Mr. and Mrs. Kwon whenever they went out together. Sometimes, Ji Hyun nearly forgot her last name was Yoon.

 

Guess it changed back to Yoon now.

 

Ji Hyun stood up. “Live well then, you two.” She said, with true sincerity, then walked off. Believe it or not, she really wished the best for them. She could see how desperate Eun Hye wanted Ji Yong. If it’s so, and if she was really carrying his child, and if he was really happy with everything with her right now, then, Ji Hyun would let him go.

 

A hand grabbed her wrist, and she didn’t need to see who it was, she whipped around and landed her palm on his face, with all her strength.

 

Ji Yong was shocked with her slap. He stood there, frozen and stunned.

 

“Stop…” She croaked. If there were only him and she left, she could not take it, she would break down again soon. “Just...stop….please.” She sniffed. “I won’t bother you again, I promise. Just please... stop.” She pleaded, and the moment his arm left hers, she turned away.

 

As soon as Ji Hyun stepped out of the secluded restaurant, she was drowned into a sea of reporters and cameras. Everyone was shooting numerous questions to her face, and all went through her ears like she was deaf. She bowed her head low, allowed the security guards to her into the car.

 

There were too many people, everyone pushed and pulled Ji Hyun to here and there. Everyone shouted to her ears, grabbed her clothes. She tried so hard to squeeze in between the huge bodyguards to secure herself. Somewhere in the middle of the commotion, her sunglasses were pulled off and fell to the ground.

 

She heard loud gasps. Her eyes must looked so bad now, all red and teary. Groaning inwardly, she shut her eyes.

 

“Ji Hyun-ssi, why are you crying?”

 

“Ji Hyun, G-Dragon and Jang Eun Hye also in there, right? What did you three talk about?”

 

“Mrs. Kwon, are you two divorcing now?”

 

Bowing her head as low as possible, Ji Hyun tried her best to get into the car and quickly closed the door, closing her eyes momentarily before quietly told the driver to drive away,

 

_____


 

“What are you gonna do now?”

 

Jihyun said nothing. Arms wrapping around herself, she gazed into the busy city through the glass door. Seoul city by night from the 25th floor looked so marvelous, beautiful and energetic.

 

“Yoon Jihyun, Yoon Jae Dong is talking to you.” The deep voice scolded her softly, and even though it’s through the poor speaker, she still could hear the mild annoyance in his voice. “Do you know how many people would die to have a direct conversation with me?”

 

Despite everything going around her life, Jihyun could not help but smiled briefly. “I’m alright, appa.”

 

“You answer the wrong question, princess.” The fatherly voice turned to soft and gentle, showing how much he cared and worried for his daughter. “And you are definitely not alright. Your mom has been worrying sick about you.”

 

“I miss mom’s yells.” She said absentmindedly, turned around and walked to her bed and sat down. “How is she?”

 

“Are you serious? Of all the things, you miss her yells?” The old man scoffed. “Oh right, you haven’t been here for over five years, you aren’t the one got to hear her complains everyday.” Her old father sulked and looked at her with disapproving eyes. “If I tell her this, she will just start yelling more and more.”

 

Jihyun just smiled, and her eyes started to swell up again. She seemed to cry so easily and too much these days. “I miss you, appa.” She whispered.

 

“Is there anyone over there holding my princess while she’s crying?” He smiled sadly. “If you were here, appa would take you in my arms, and omma would cook your favorite dish.”

 

“And oppa would ruffle my hair, totally ignore my protest.” She continued with a smile even though tears already rolled down her cheeks. “And Jae Hyun would still beg me to make an apple tart for him, despite he’s the only one claiming that my tart was better than mom’s.”

 

“Don’t tell your mom, but I think so too.” Her father winked, and she choked out a hoarse laugh.

 

The fond moment soon died down, since sadness quickly enveloped Jihyun’s face once again. The great Yoon Jae Dong of Yoon Enterprise might be a man of his works, but everyone around him knew an endearing fact that, he’s also a man of his family, with a lovely wife and three children: Jae Min, Ji Hyun and Jae Hyun. And also another fact was very famous among his acquaintance: his one and only daughter was everything to him. She was his princess, his pride, his happiness, his motivation and inspiration.

 

Therefore, Yoon Jae Dong wanted nothing more than to kill that Kwon Ji Yong. If he could do that without facing the legal consequence, he would. He definitely would.

 

“I’ll kill him, for making my princess cry like this.” He voiced out his thoughts in a mumble, but Jihyun caught it anyway.

 

“Appa!” Jihyun scowled.

 

“He promised me…” He started but she already cut in.

 

“I’m coming home next month.” She declared in a clear voice, smiled faintly.

 

“Really?” All the thought about how to kill Kwon Ji Yong in secret blew away, the old man’s face lit up visibly. “How long will you stay? And wait, next month? Why not tomorrow? I can have my secretary book the very next flight for you right now!” He said excitedly. “Oh wait, I’m getting really old. How didn’t I remember right away...” He chuckled himself. “No, I’ll send our private plane over there now.” He already stood up, ready to make a call.

 

That’s what you got to be Yoon Jae Dong’s children, especially being his daughter. He would spoil you shamelessly.

 

“Appa!” Jihyun groaned. “No, I’ll book a normal flight, and it will be next month. I still have to go through all the documents to get done with the divorce.” She explained, ignored the pain went with the word “divorce”.

 

“How long will you stay?” He sat down in front of the screen again, sighed but still asked in a hopeful voice.

 

“I said I’m coming home, appa.” Jihyun smiled. “I didn’t say visit.”

 
 
 
 
___
 
A/N: please show me more of your thoughts, I feel like you guys dont like/enjoy this story :(
 
The drama was already there since the beginning, but the real drama has not yet appeared. Stay tunned.