On Christmas Day

My one and only love

A/N: BOLD is for the present time while NORMAL font is for flashbacks.. ENJOYY!!!!!

 

Snow poured hastily on the empty streets, and December never felt so cold. The street lamps were adorned with glittering lights, illuminating the lifeless road that lay before the dancer's eyes. Yixing felt at peace as the cool breeze washed over him, letting him feel the Christmas spirit. He held up his Christmas mug, reindeer patterned, and took a sip of his coffee before it got too cold.

It was odd how moments like these make him smile, that despite the cold weather he felt something warm bubbling up inside of him. It made him relax, and for once he forgot about the overwhelming spotlight, the blinding flashes of the camera, the cold and ruthless media, and the judging eyes of the public. For once, he felt like a normal person in their 20's, worrying about college and finding a decent job and not a member of the most influential international boy group that frets over an unsatisfying performance or an unfinished dance choreography.

The raven haired male sighed at the thought of their group. He and his brothers have gone through a lot. While 2013 became their big break, it's opposite of what is exactly happening in the present. Thinking back, EXO prepared a lot for their comeback with Overdose alongside their Lost Planet Concert Tour. The once 12-member group wanted to prove that they were the best of the best, the new leaders of the hallyu wave that would capture the interest of many and spread the KPop wave throughout the world. But despite the promised strong bond came the consequences of fame, that broke their bond and shattered their lives. Yixing's grip on the mug tightened and he hadn't realized that his coffee had warmed up by then. Too lost in his thoughts, he didn't seem to feel the strong pair of arms that s their way to his waist, or the light kiss planted on the crown of his head.

"Xingie-hyung" A voice that Yixing was oh so familiar with, broke him from his thoughts. Said male turned around to face his lover and bury himself in the other male's loving warmth. Instantly, the younger male brought up a hand to caress his hyung's black hair, bringing his lover closer to his chest.

"What are you doing out here babe? It's pretty cold" Sehun softly questioned, casting a worried glance to his lover. Yixing looked up and met his brown orbs that shone with love. The shorter placed a chaste kiss on the taller's lips, which the latter gladly responded to. Yixing broke the kiss and nuzzled on Sehun's neck.

"I just wanted some time alone. It's been awhile since we've got the chance to bask in the Christmas glory rather than practice overnight at the company" The shorter male reasoned, intertwining their fingers lovingly. Sehun chuckled, he loved it how pure his hyung was and he again wondered what good deed he managed to pull off in the past to deserve such an angel for himself.

Yixing looked up at him again, this time wrapping his arms around Sehun's neck, bringing their faces closer such that the tip of their noses were touching. The older male shot his angelic dimpled smile and Sehun swore his heart would pop out of his chest any minute. The maknae pulled his lover even closer, if that was even possible, such that there was no gap between them. Yixing stared at the younger intensely, bringing a hand to caress the milky white skin of his lover's face. Sehun placed his hand on top of Yixing's, removing it from his face and kissing it tenderly as if it was the most fragile thing in the world. Yixing felt his heartbeat run a mile, and he would've collapsed if it weren't for Sehun's tight grip on his waist.

"Sehunnie.." Said male looked up as he heard his name and answered a "hn" in acknowledgement. He heard his lover giggle and pinch his cheek.

"You are so cute" Yixing giggled again and Sehun pouted, he was supposed to be the manly one in the relationship and Yixing was supposed to be the cute one (though he would never mention it in  the older's face, who knows he might get slapped in the head). Yixing laughed at his lover's cuteness but as soon as his laughter died down, comfortable silence engulfed the couple.

"I love you Xingie-hyung" Sehun confessed, his eyes never leaving his lover's.

"I love you too Sehunnie.. but why all of a sudden?" The older male questioned

"I just wanted you to know.. how lucky I am to have you in my life. It never crossed my mind that we would end up like this. We were two different persons who once loved two other different persons but then again love doesn't always go as planned and along the way we found each other" Sehun replied
~~~~~

"Hannie.." Said male paused from drinking his bubble tea to meet the face of his lover

"Yes Hunnie?" Sehun smiled. The way his name rolled off the older's tongue felt so perfect. Sehun reached out and kissed Luhan's hand, a tint of pink adorning the older's cheeks. The older smacked his arm playfully.

"We're in public Hunnie.." Luhan scolded but the younger paid no heed.

"Let them see.. it's not as if they would notice anyway" The younger shrugged nonchantaly

"Omo! Aren't those Luhan and Sehun from EXO!?"

"Ahh jinjja?! Where where?"

"HunHan on a bubble tea date?? Omigosh I knew it! HunHan does exist"

Luhan gave him a glare and the younger smiled sheepishly. Slowly but tightly, Luhan held his wrist.

"In 1, ..2, ..3.." The couple dashed out the bubble tea place in the speed of light, avoiding the camera flashes and the mob of fans. They ran together, hands clasped tightly and Sehun enjoyed every minute of it. It was ironic how someone would enjoy running away from the paparazzi, but then again Sehun didn't care, as long as Luhan was with him.

The couple soon reached their dorm building and their paces slow down, knowing that they have passed yet another round of running away from the media. Laughter burst out from either of them, echoing throughout the building.

"That was fun" Sehun commented as soon as they got on the elevator. Luhan pressed on a button, effectively shutting the elevator doors.

"It would've been more fun if I had longer legs" The older quipped, mock pouting at his lover. Sehun laughed at his hyung's remark. He ruffled the older's hair lovingly, pulling him in an embrace.

"That's fine Hannie.. you're still perfect to me" Luhan blushed at the comment and smacked Sehun's arm. The latter immediately flinched.

"What was that for?" Sehun questioned, flashing a fake hurt face and rubbing his arm.

"For being such a cheeseball" Luhan teased, poking his tongue at the younger.

"5th floor" The elevator doors soon opened and the couple stepped out, fingers interlaced once more as they bickered throughout the walk to their dorm room.

~~~~~

"You were so happy with Luhan-hyung back then.. you guys were dubbed as the perfect couple" Yixing whispered, his head laying on Sehun's lean chest. The younger his hair gently, letting his finger run along the soft tresses.

"I was happy before, but now I feel complete, I feel very much perfect" Sehun replied, staring at Yixing lovingly. The latter gave him a peck on the lips.

"The days I spent with Luhan-hyung, I thought they were the happiest days of my life. I told myself that nothing could be as perfect as what we were. I believed in our promise of forever, and I was very much willing to fullfill that promise. But then again, promises are meant to be broken. He was all words, no actions and being the naive, young man I was, I was fooled with words that sounded promising therefore, my heart was crushed along with those words." The younger stated, his lover gazing up at him worriedly. Sehun cracked a genuine smile.

"Don't fret babe, I've gotten over him months ago. The wound in my heart, it's already been healed. After all, you are my healing unicorn" Sehun playfully inquired, hugging his hyung closer to his chest. Yixing laughed gleefully and Sehun knew he would do anything just to see that smile, the smile that mended his broken heart back together.

"To be honest, I never thought I would be able to move on from...him.." Yixing honestly confessed and Sehun caressed his lover's face.

~~~~~

"How do I look?" The tall blonde questioned as soon as he exited his walk-in closet clad in tight, white patterned skinny jeans, a black polo shirt paired with a long white coat and black combat boots. Yixing gawked at the sight of his handsome, model-like lover and Kris chuckled.

"Am I too handsome for your heart too handle?" The older cockily said, snapping Yixing from his reverie.

"Tss you look like you're about to attend a funeral" The younger male commented jokingly but truthfully, he thought his tall lover looked hot in those jeans. Kris gasped in offense.

"Yah, Zhang Yixing" Said male hummed as he heard his name being called, flashing a playful smirk to his lover. Kris smirked back and drew closer to him. Yixing gulped.

"Uhh... I think I forgot something!! ..oh! My closet! I have to fix it! I'll be back babe!!" Yixing nervously replied in a 'sweet' tone. He hurriedly stood up but unfortunately, his arm got caught by his lover's big hand.

"Uh-huh Yixingie.. you aren't going anywhere" Kris whispered and Yixing swore he saw an evil glint in his eyes. Uh-oh, the shorter male thought

"Yah!! Hahah... Kr--kris! Wu ing Y-yifan!! Hahah.." Yixing squirmed left to right, trying to resist the overwhelming tickles sent all over his body.

"My, my, my innocent Yixingie now knows how to speak foul language.. he should be punished shouldn't he?" Kris smirked sadistically, tickling his lover at a faster pace

"Ahahahahahhahaah!!!! Kr-krii--ssss!! Staa--haapp!!!!" Yixing begged, his stomach aching from all the laughter. Kris laughed along before collapsing beside his lover, hugging his lithe frame. Yixing snuggled against the taller's musky scent, succumbing to the warmth of his embrace. Both men struggled to catch their breaths, desperately grasping for air. Yixing stared at his lover's Greek god face. He loved how Kris' gums showed when he laughed, the way his eyebrows furrowed in confusion at something he couldn't understand, or the way his nose would scrunch up if he found something annoying. Yixing felt contented, he felt blissful being in Kris' arms. Kris planted a kiss on his forehead, embracing him tightly.

"I wish we could stay like this forever, you know just being in each other's arms, caring about nothing but each other" YiXing said, his gaze never leaving Kris. The latter smiled.

"I wish so too, Yixingie" Kris replied rubbing their noses cutely. Yixing giggled at the childish act

"Do I still look like I'm about to attend a funeral?" Kris questioned, a challenging look on his face. Yixing smirked before standing up

"Oh no, you look like you could be the one having a funeral" Yixing commented before running speedily, his laughter melodiously filling the dorm.

~~~~~

"I was the only one fighting for our relationship. After a long time, his show of affection ceased and there was barely time for me. Being the honest person I am, I told him that I felt hurt but he shrugged it off like it was dust on his clothes." Yixing recalled, a sad smile on his face. Sehun noticed this and he embraced Yixing closer. Yixing smiled at his actions.

"Babe, I'm fine. It's just.. I feel so foolish. Pinning for someone who doesn't even care for me anymore. If I wasn't such a fool to believe he didn't love me anymore, it could've hurt less" Yixing said, facing his lover.

"But then again, I couldn't have had you without going through a lot" He continued.

"Sometimes, a doctor can't even heal himself, he needs other people to take care of him too.. you brought back my heart Sehunnie.. and then you stole it" Sehun laughed at his hyung's cuteness.

"You're a thief Sehunnie!" Yixing accused, pouting at his lover. Sehun kissed his pouty lips making Yixing giggle

"Oh, but you love this thief" Sehun kissed his hand once more. Yixing blushed a dark red.

"At least this thief gave you something in return" Sehun said, a playful glint in his eyes. Yixing tilted his head in confusion.

"What?" And the younger could only chuckle at his hyung's obliviousness.

"The thief's heart, my heart"

~~~~~

Yixing dropped the grocery bags, eyes wide in shock. The loud noise caught the attention of the two men, interrupting their steamy makeout session. Yixing felt his heart swell with anger and his eyes burn with rage. He felt hurt, betrayal, anger, confusion, shock, and sadness all rolled up into one.

"Xing.. I can explain.." The tall blonde got off the bed, wrapping a towel around his waist. Yixing stepped backward as the man approached him.

"I..h-how dare y-you?!" Yixing shouted, tears rolling down his cheeks like a waterfall.

"Yixing..it's my fault... I-"

"NO! SHUT THE UP LUHAN!"

"Yah! What's going on-- K-kris-hyung? Hannie?" Sehun entered the room, his bubble tea making contact with the floor

"Hunnie..I-I can explain!" Luhan insisted, trying to approach his lover but Sehun only shook his head furiously.. his lips trembling with rage.

"HOW DARE YOU   BEHIND MY BACK!!" Yixing's palm made contact with Kris' face, leaving a painful red mark

"Luhan...you.. I...I trusted you!! Y-you w-were my b-best friend! How dare you m-my boyfriend behind my back??!!" Yixing sobbed uncontrollably, his body sliding down the wall.

"Luhan.. how-how long?" Sehun asked, fuming with anger

"S-sehun...Hu-hunnie..I-"

"ANSWER ME YOU !" Luhan cried a waterfall at his boyfriend's words

"About 5 months.." Kris answered bravely, looking Sehun in the eye who shot him a death glare in return.

"YOU KEPT ING FOR 5 MONTHS?! WOW! WHAT A YOU ARE LUHAN-SSI!" Sehun snarled sarcastically. Luhan broke down completely and was caught by Kris' embrace.

"W-where did I l-lack?? Huh? Wh-what does that b-bastard have that I-i don't?!!" Sehun shouted, his face red with anger

Yixing sobbed harder, burying his face as he hugged his knees to his chest. Luhan cried harder and Kris remained calm as he whispered comforting words in Luhan's ear. The maknae's heart hurt as he witnesses his lover in another man's arms, morever, his Kris hyung's arms. Tears cascaded down Sehun's face like a waterfall. He dashed out of the room furiously, not sparing a single glance at the couple.

The maknae ran, not caring where his feet led him to. He just wanted to run away and pretend that he didn't see anything and act like it was nothing but a dream. But he knows that he can never lie to himself. He and Luhan were over and they both knew it. Tired, the blonde male sat himself on a swing. Apparently, he ended up at an abandoned playground, far from people's houses and void of disturbance, only peace and quiet. Sehun sobbed loudly, releasing all the pain from his heart. How could Luhan do this to him? He worked so hard to keep their relationship strong. He sacrificed hours just to lull Luhan to sleep instead of snoring right then and there, he always gave the elder what he wanted, he dedicated all his hard work for him and this is all that he gets? Sehun felt betrayed, he felt like a tissue paper, used and thrown away. It couldn't have ended this way. Luhan could've just told him to break up and he would accept the other's decision but why did reality have to slap it on his face? Why did he have to see his boyfriend with another man?

Sehun felt a pair of arms embrace him and he looked up, only to see the person that shared the same grief as him, Yixing. It was odd, but Sehun felt at home in Yixing's arms, it felt as if those milky white arms were made to be wrapped around him. He felt safe and secured, and he just broke down even harder as he leaned against him. Yixing cried silently, the younger's back soothingly. As soon as they both calmed down, Yixing took a seat beside the younger male, staring at the orange sky.

"Luhan hyung and I... we used to walk around at dawn and admire the beautiful sunset" Sehun broke the silence, a tear trailing down his face. Yixing pulled out his handkerchief and reached out to wipe the droplet. Sehun stared at him with an unknown expression as he continued wiping off the tears.

"I guess it's time to forget then, Sehun-ah.." Yixing softly said, widthrawing his hand from the younger's face.

"It hurts...the person I trusted and the person I loved... I never would've thought that they were the ones that would break me. They were the ones I depended on, they knew how fragile I am and certainly, they didn't care about me when they decided to hook up. I feel really hurt but I can't be like this for the rest of my life.. we can't be like this Sehun-ah.. we can't be miserable, we shouldn't be.. after all, this is just another stage in life" Yixing finished his extraordinarily long speech. Sehun can't help bit admire how strong his hyung is. Beneath the cute bunny like face, lies a strong heart and optimistic mind. How Sehun wished he were like that too.

Yixing sighed deeply, before standing up from the rusty old swing. He held his hand out and Sehun looked at him in confusion.

"Let's run away from here. Let's go relax and not worry about anything. For once.. let's just forget.." Sehun liked the idea. He took Yixing's hand, stood up tall and he swore he felt something electrify him. The older flashed him a small smile before dragging him to the outskirts of town.

~~~~

Yixing kissed Sehun passionately, his fingers tangled in the mess of the younger's now brown hair. Sehun tilted Yixing's head, earning him better access to the other's hot cavern. Yixing moaned as Sehun explored every area of his mouth, driving him to oblivion.They pulled away from the lack of breath, gasping for air.

"I love you hyung.. I never regretted anything because you came into my life.. you made me happy when I felt sad.. you showed me how much you love me, especially when I least expect it.. you never left me and you never will.. and I'm truly grateful for that.. Honestly, how could such a sinner like me deserve such an angel like you? I must be really blessed" Sehun confessed, watching as Yixing blushed a hundred shades of red at his comment.

"I love you too Sehunnie.. since I was young I longed for a perfect future with the special someone I love. I climbed through mountains and crossed rivers just to find my special someone and my happily ever after. Though there were times I wanted to give up, I could never because how could I when you've already entered my life? Thank you baby, for being here with me, thank you for being patient and understanding... and thank you for loving me.." Yixing finished, tears welling up in his eyes. Sehun kissed the tears away, rocking his lover's body back and forth. The younger male embraced him tightly and the warmth engulfing him was enough to make him happy, simple yet beautiful moments like these make his heart leap out in joy and he couldn't ask for more.

Their moment was interrupted when fireworks flooded the sky. Colorful streaks of light flashed through the night sky and they could make out the faint shouts of 'Merry Christmas' from downstairs. Yixing awed at the beautiful display his smile widening like a child receiving candy. Despite how beautiful the night sky though, Sehun didn't care as he was looking at something- rather someone more beautiful. His Yixing, his one and only love.

 

A/N: Soooo...wadda ya think??? comment and subscribe chingus ;-)