Chapter 2: Ordinary

That Half Truthful Person

---Six Years Ago---

In SM University, Do Kyungsoo was a perfectly ordinary Freshman student, with normal friends and normal school life except he was living a "lie". He has never disclose his ual orientation and his friends even gave up asking him his ideal type. They thought he cared about was grades and helping out with school events. They even came up with a conclusion that he was aual since he never talked about girls. However deep down, Kyungsoo longed for someone he could love. Even though he could tell his friends difficulties relating to his studies and work but never about his "love life". This kind of distanced himself from his close friends because his guy friends can discuss about girls while the his girl friends discussed about guys. However, Kyungsoo could not be obvious over his preference of tall males and had to act like he didn't have any interest at all. Whenever the girls talked about Kris, inside Do Kyungsoo was a fangirl squealing. 

One day, Kyungsoo decided that he had enough of acting "too much". Therefore he started by thinking he could come out of the closet slowly and subtly(?). To be honest, it was not just an overnight sudden confidence. This was because he knew his close friend and classmate, Byun Baekhyun, openly comment on a guy's look and just guy-crush on handsome males. Baekhyun even stressed that he was straight and his guy-crushing was like how girl could girl-crush on girls. Kyungsoo was convinced that this could work for him too. He put up an image of a male model, Nam JooHyuk, modelling against a cherry blossom tree as his phone background because the the tree can be "excused" as the main focus of his background and people will believe nerdy Kyungsoo. Obviously, the male model was Kyungsoo's eye candy and ideal type. Kyungsoo also started being involved in girls conversation topics such as hot guys in the school such as Lay, Luhan  or even debates: muscles vs height etc. He gave snarky remarks like "Anyone can train to have muscles but height is determined for LIFE", "Why do you even like a guy whose is prettier than you?" Some of his friends even remarked that he was jealous because he was short but he was satisfied with his height. "At least I don't have neck cramps talking to you short girls."

---Five Years Ago--- 

A year passed. Many things happened during the year. Fate was kind to Kyungsoo initially but ended up  being vicious. He managed to be friends with Kris due to a event they both worked togther. However later in the year, something happened and they fell out. Now they were not on talking terms. Friends persuaded Kyungsoo to make up with Kris and not be such an b****. However Kyungsoo decided to hold a grudge and left it alone.

He swore never to fall in love again.

That changed when during the first day of lessons, he saw an incoming Freshman. Approaching Kyungsoo, the bronze skinned male smiled. Kyungsoo could that tell he was friendly. Not only that but handsome and tall too. Kyungsoo's heart beat faster each step the tall male took but he ignored it because that's how he felt when he was ordering food. Kyungsoo always get nervous and awkward even when he orders food. Everything became slow motion. Kyungsoo scanned his junior from head to toe.

Kyungsoo noticed the boy in a long-sleeved dark blue shirt, black skinny pants hugging his tall legs and dark brown leather shoes which exposed his ankles. Each observation Kyungsoo made tickled his heart a little like it meant it was a start of something.

The lanky male in dapper put his hand in front of Kyungsoo.

"Hi, I'm Jongin. Remember me, Sunbae?"

Kyungsoo anxiously wiped his hands against his pants and grabbed Jongin's hand tightly.

"Ummm... yea-a-a... I'm Kyungsoo. Sorry I didn't-t introduce myself earlier. See you around!" Kyungsoo stuttered. 

The first time they met was at a Freshman Orientation Programme. Kyungsoo was part of the organising committee while Jongin was a participant. Jongin asked him for directions as the former was lost and the short guide was quiet. Kyungsoo always regretted not talking to him because he was awkward with strangers and decided not to embarass himself in front of the handsome stranger. Also, Kyungsoo typically never stood out and was quite shocked when someone noticed him, especially when it was his new eye candy!

After the greeting, Kyungsoo maintained his poker face, he was actually skippping in joy in his mind. When Kyungsoo observed that there was a few people in the vicinity, he started humming '2NE1 - Happy" loudly to show his glee. The happiest moment so far.

As the semester continued , Kyungsoo and Jongin wasn't able to spot each other and was only to say 'hi' rarely as they were changing their class location coincidentally. During that period, they didn't left each other's mind and sadly didn't act upon their feelings. If only something could happen...