Chapter 1: Guilt

That Half Truthful Person

---Three years ago---

"NO, O-MO-NI, DON'T DO THIS!" Do Kyungsoo was grabbing Mrs. Kim's arm and pulling her away from Kim Jongin. His eyes was filled with tears of guilt and his heart tore apart as he watched helplessly. Jongin didn't dare look into his mother's eyes and was silently accepting all his mother's relentless blows.

All of this happened at dawn in the park near the kim family's apartment. 

"HOW, HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME!" Mrs. Kim's voice boomed. "I RAISE--D YOU NOT TO BE LIKE THIS!"

Suddenly, she was able to push Kyungsoo away and noticed him. She glared at him as anger was building within her. Reaching her boiling point, she pointed her slender index finger and accused him "YOU.. YOU DID THIS TO MY JONGIN-AH!!! KIM KYUNGSOO NEOOOO EYYYAHHH-HHH!" She charged towards Kyungsoo to grab him but Jongin intercepted her and knelt down before her with both his hands rubbing together.

"Umma... It's not like that, I did it. It was not Kyungsoo's fault...  It was never his fault... Please don't.... don't blame him... Umma... Uh, please calm down uh."

Jongin started sobbing uncontrollably. Tears ran down his cheek as he begged his mother  to let Kyungsoo go. Kyungsoo watched the state that Jongin had become. It was the very first time he saw Jongin cried. A strong figure, which held him during his depressing times, broke down. In shock, Kyungsoo didn't know what to do. In his mind, he imagined himslef heading towards Jongin to hug him or even protect him but his legs refused to move as if someone was pushing him down.

Mrs. Kim continued to puff in anger, her face had already turned red and her hands slowly turned into fists. She didn't care about her image anymore. Her actions had already received park goers' attentions. "My reputation is already ruined," she thought to herself. Once again, she tried to go at Kyungsoo. Hugging her waist, Jongin stopped her in her tracks. 

"Hyung, run! Go!" 

Kyungsoo stared at him blankly. No words was going to his brain. To him, words turned into radio silence. However, he could read his dosaeng's lips, "I'm alright, run." He saw a forced smile on Jongin's face but he also saw the fury and violence in his boyfriend's mother's eyes.

With all his strength, he got up and ran away. "Liar!" He screamed in his thoughts. He ran as far as his legs could take him. His destination wasn't neither anywhere nor nowhere. He just didn't know where he could to seek refuge. Shouts of pent up frustration came out from his mouth as he continued to run. Collapsing onto the ground, he wailed. Even though his dry throat was hurting, he continued to break down. Passer-bys just watched him pitifully as they walked past.