For once everything is brighter

Run, Don't Walk
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo always considered himself a smart man. He wasn’t the top of his class when he graduated but he was pretty darn smart. He graduated with honors and he considered his face to look pretty nice after years of women and even some men telling him over and over again.

 

But there was only one male who captured all of his attention. And even though Myungsoo’s best friend and coworker, Sungjong thought he was a moron for falling in love with his boss he couldn’t help it. The man was gorgeous.

 

“His hair....his smile. The way his eyes crinkle up when he laughs.” Myungsoo sighed swirling his coffee.

 

“You honestly make me want to throw up my breakfast burrito all over your face right now.” Sungjong growled looking up from his desk.

 

“You asked what I liked about working here.” Myungsoo smiled innocently taking a peek into his boss’s office to see the male leaning against his desk talking on the phone.

 

“I mean he could practically be a model.” Myungsoo smiled just staring at the male.

 

“Yeah I asked you never to bring up your high school crush like love affair with our boss again. I asked you before we need to fill out our yearly reviews.” Sungjong said shoving the paper the elder was putting off in front of his face.

 

“And if you put ‘Everything will go right if I work under Nam Woohyun for another year’ I swear to god this stapler will be impaled into your skull.” the younger growled, holding up the stamper for emphasis.

 

“You don’t understand Sungjong. To be in love. It’s such a good feeling.” Myungsoo smiled as he started to fill out the paper from Sungjong's hand.

 

“I really might just throw up.” Sungjong groaned shaking his head.

 

“That’s what you get for drinking all night at those clubs you like.” The warm voice from behind Myungsoo caused both of the males to turn to look at the source.

 

“You act all high and mighty but weren’t you there too?” Sungjong asked without trying to be polite to his boss at all. Woohyun just laughed before walking to Myungsoo handing him a slip.

 

“Mind picking this up for me later?” Woohyun smiled at Myungsoo. The younger glanced down at the slip which he was handed. Woohyun’s dry cleaning.

 

“Sure.” Myungsoo smiled. Sungjong just shook his head before returning to his work and filling out the end of the year review.

 

“Make sure you give me a good review huh?” Woohyun asked pointing at Myungsoo’s end of the yearly review paper. The younger just nodded and Woohyun sent him a wink before returning back to his office closing the door behind himself.

 

“You really do make me sick.” Sungjong shook his head. “Are you going to be at Hoya’s tonight?” The youngest asked changing the conversation.

 

“Yeah, but I might be late. I have to go pick up my brother from the airport this afternoon.” Myungsoo said leaning back into his chair.

 

“Sunggyu is coming into town? Back from another world tour I see?” Sungjong joked but Myungsoo knew he didn’t mean it in a bad way. Sunggyu was a freelance photographer and had spent the past few years in France working with a magazine who had set him up with a nice place and good pay.

 

It’s not that Myungsoo didn’t like his brother. There was an between the two and Myungsoo was the one who originally got into photography but Sunggyu just seemed to pick it up as a hobby and ended up with the job of Myungsoo’s dreams.

 

“But I guess I wouldn’t be here without him.” Myungsoo smiled looking at Sungjong who looked confused on what the older male was even talking about.

 

“Better go get Woohyun’s laundry so you can sniff it.” Sungjong teased an hour or so later. Myungsoo shook his head, grabbing his jacket from the back of his chair before shrugging it on and heading for the door.

 

It wasn’t the first time Myungsoo had gone out to pick up Woohyun’s dry cleaning and he honestly didn’t mind. It gave him a look at Woohyun’s at home attire. And no, it’s not as creepy as Sungjong would tell him it was. It made buying birthday presents for his boss a lot easier.

 

While he waited for the clothing Myungsoo felt his phone vibrating in his pocket. “Hello, Hyung.” Myungsoo smiled swirling his second cup of coffee in his other hand.

 

“Are you ready for me to visit little brother?” Sunggyu questioned with a laugh.

 

“Oh yeah. Are you ready for a common life style world traveler? How long are you planning on staying?” Myungsoo asked leaning against the counter.

 

“Maybe a week or so and yeah, I think I maybe able to bring myself down to your level.” Sunggyu laughed which made his brother smile.

 

“By the way hyung, Hoya is throwing a party tonight. Some people from the office are going. You think you are up for a little party after your flight?” The younger questioned while grabbing the sports jacket that was offered to him from the dry cleaner. He balanced his phone against his shoulder trying to hear his brother.

 

“I guess.” Sunggyu said with a sigh and the younger knew he was just joking from the tone of his voice.

 

“Alright, see you in another hour or so.” Myungsoo smiled. But before the younger male could even finish hearing his brother’s goodbye he crashed into a person who was rushing down the side walk, knocking Myungsoo’s phone off his shoulder, his coffee out of his hand, and spilling it down the front of Woohyun’s bagged dry cleaning.

 

“Hey!” Myungsoo growled angrily picking up his phone. The screen was cracked and it had a black screen.

 

“I am so sorry!” the lanky male said looking at the coffee soaked plastic and the broken phone. “I can pay you back for all the damages!” Myungsoo noticed the panicked look on the taller man’s face.

 

“I don’t have time for this! Woohyun is expecting his dry cleaning and I need to get to the airport.” Myungsoo sighed. “Look just come find me at the Nam financial group tomorrow. You owe me a new phone.” Myungsoo said with one last huff and he made his way to his car.

 

Myungsoo dropped off the clothing to Sungjong who reminded him about Hoya’s party which he confirmed he would be going to with his brother. And with that the younger went to the airport to fetch Sunggyu.

 

- - 。◕‿◕。 - -

 

“What happened to you? I tried calling you like 5 times.” Sunggyu asked his brother when the younger male saw his brother coming off the plane. Seemed like he made it just in time, yet he still got ed at.

 

“Some jerk ran into me and broke my phone.” Myungsoo said showing the broken tech to his brother.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter