She

Hear me please
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Jong In's POV

I smiled, while leaning against the wall where my neighbor and I separate us. This time, I heard her again singing while playing her guitar. She’s been my neighbor for two years, and it’s been my hobby pissing her off those two years. I waited for her to finish her singing before going out and stepping in her door frame. I wiped my smile off my lips and replaced it with a smirk.

 

“Hey there clumsy”

 

Her serene face from singing was replaced by a frowning face. She looks cute though. “Ya, Kim Jong In, you’re not allowed here, get out!” she gently placed her guitar in her couch and walked to me and tried to push me away. I smirked more seeing her annoyed face.

 

“YAH!” –she.

 

 I stared at figure again, and here’s my heart again, beating wildly inside my body, like it’s been excited to get out from my chest, she’s the only one who can do this, the only one who make my insides churn and get excited. She’s just wearing a maong shorts just above her knees and a plain white shirt.

 

She’s incredibly beautiful, even with these kinds of cloths, she still looks gorgeous.

“Park Sunhye” – I muttered under my breath as I looked down on her, even her name sounds so beautiful. Yes, I’m in love with her. I’m into her. Yet, I don’t want to say it out loud, I can’t, I feel like I don’t deserve her, she deserves someone better, no, I mean, she deserves the best. And I don’t know if any man would be the best for her. I think I’m just afraid, afraid from falling deeper, I’m contented with what kind of our relationship is.

Schoolmates and neighbors. She doesn’t even claim me as one of her friends.

 

“What do you want?” she sighs deeply.

You. I bit my lip in worry. Worry to say that word to her.

Instead, I smirked again. “Let’s eat!” I asked her once more, every lunch in weekends, I always follow wherever she goes.

“Eat?” her eyes widened a bit. Is she surprised? I smiled at her and held her hand and dragged her out. There it is again, my heart. I’m holding her hand. She may not have the soft hand like other girls, but this hand is what I love the most.

 

I know her story, she’s an orphan, and she only has her grandparents supporting her. Her parents died from a car accident, two years ago, and I still remember how she looked like two years ago, how devastating her aura is.

 

Two years ago.

 

I was literally dragging my feet towards my apartment room. I feel so tired, all day long I’ve been practicing new dance routines, and it was hella annoying because our instructor was very strict.

My feet stopped from walking as I see from my next door an old woman hugging a girl holding two luggages and wearing a bag pack.

“Take care, Sunhye-ah, study hard okay? You can come back anytime you want” I heard the old woman said. The Sunhye girl just nodded and waved goodbye to the woman. She’s wearing dark blue jeans and a converse with a plain white shirt. Her eyes landed on mine and I swear, it’s the saddest and most horrible eyes I’ve met. She’s beautiful, yes. But despite that, I can see how she was devastated, and I don’t know how my heart reacted, it’s aching.

She bowed and immediately went inside her room. The room next to mine.

 

It turns out she’s my schoolmate. I know because I once walked with her together to school. She’s a complete outcast, while I shine most probably to girls. I greeted her when I saw her walked out from her room, wearing our uniform.

“Hi” I said. It’s mysterious how I turn out to be the one communicating to her first, it’s new to me. Everything’s new.

“Hello” she responded and turned to walk first. I followed her and placed myself besides her walking. She seems to be bothered with me walking with her. When we reached the school gates, girls already piled up just to greet me.

“Goodmorning oppa!”

“Kai oppa! I made sandwiches for you!”

And so on. I looked at Sunhye and she’s surprised by the amount of girls piling up just for me. She immediately runs as fast as she could away from me. I frowned. Does she have against male like me? I don’t like the attention I get, instead, I despise these attentions the most, and because of this I rarely have friends.

 

Weeks passed by and I noticed myself always bothering her at her room. I like annoying her, I like the emotions she’s emitting, it’s beautiful and remarkably stunning. She never call me “Kai”. She calls me “Jongin”. Before, I don’t like people calling my Jongin, but for her, I don’t know, I just feel warm.

I also learned she sings she joins the music club and eventually joined the musical play in our school. She’s the one chosen for the lead role. I watched her performance, and I feel the intensity of her soul, her love for singing.

Months passed by and I also knew, that her part time job is singing at a restaurant for special occasions. I was always there, watching her perform.

 

Year passed and I found myself falling for her. Every single day, my love for her just increases.

 

We’re here at the fast food restaurant eating. She’s eating her heart out, not minding even if it’s un lady like, and it’s one of the list why I love her.

“Jongin?”

“Jongin!”

I snapped out from my thought of her and saw her frowning at me. “Why are you not eating? Ppali, eat this while it’s hot” she smiled at me.

Smiled.

She rarely smiles at me, and I found myself smiling back. I continued eating while still staring at her.

 

A week passed by and our graduation is coming, I am here at the practice room, still practicing my out. Damn that instructor. I stopped from practicing, and I felt sweats from my forehead and my neck, I hurriedly look for a bottle of water and I cursed silently because there’s none.

 

I heard the door opens and my head snapped to it annoyingly, but my face immediately soften when I saw her peeking through the door finding someone, her eyes landed on mine and she smiled.

Am I dreaming?

“Hey, uhh, I just thought I should visit, uhmm” she scratches the back of her neck and smiled sheepishly. I smirked at her and tried to annoy her.

“I knew it, you missed me right?”

I’ve been not pestering her these days because I’ve been working for my dance, and seeing her today is like washing my stress and tiredness away.

“Like I would” she rolls her eyes and stepped inside. She handed me a bottle of water and I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter