A Halloween to Remember

A Halloween to Remember

It was still early, barely past 7:30 when a small figure in a small bedroom suddenly sits up.

 

Luhan sits there, hair still a little bit mussed up from his deep slumber, and rubs his eyes. Yawning, he lays back comfortably in his little bed.

 

Mid-yawn, something hits him and it takes him by so much surprise that he can barely contain his 7 year old squeak of excitement.

 

IT WAS HALLOWEEN!!!!!!

 

Silently, he cheers, getting a bit too riled up for the day. He rolls out of bed quickly, his steps bouncing. He races over to the shelf and grabs something in his slightly pudgy fingers. He sprints for the bathroom, a grin stretched out across his face.

 

In the bathroom, Luhan struggles a bit to climb onto the step stool situated there so he could reach the ginormous sink. Eventually, his restless feet find their way on the stool and he's staring at his reflection, sleepy eyes, grinning face, mussed up hair, and all.

 

For a very tense second, Luhan struggles with the thing in his hair but after a few minutes he finally releases hands.

 

There! He thinks to himself as he stares proudly at his reflection, a pair of deer antlers now sticking out from his head.

 

Perfect!~

 

It had indeed taken a lot of effort to decide on his costume.

 

Arriving at school, deer antlers and all, Luhan hops out of the car, waves goodbye to his dad and runs into the classroom.

 

"Hi Luhannnie you're antlers are pretty~" a small voice lisps. Luhan turns toward the voice. Sehun dressed up as Chopper with two identical antlers sticking out from his head, grins at him.

 

"Yaaaay~ it's Halloween!!!!!!!" Luhan squeals.

 

Scanning the classroom, the other kids were dressed in all sorts of unique and original costumes.

 

Kris stood next to Tao, the two of them in a deep conversation. Tao had a pair of black ears on his head and was dressed in all black and white with a single black belt around his waist.

 

A karate skunk or something, obviously.

 

Now, Luhan couldn't really tell what Kris was...

 

Running over, pulling Sehun with him, Luhan lands lightly next to Kris and taps his shoulder.

 

"Kris! What are you?" Luhan chirps.

 

"I'm a dragon. I can fly," Kris replies seriously, gesturing to his costume as if he was on the home network channel selling a new blender. "See? These are my wings, and that's my tail, and this goes here and they look like dragon scales."

 

"I thought you said you were going to be Picasso for Halloween..." Sehun points out and Kris nods wisely.

 

"It took a lot of thought and planning. I was Picasso, but now, I am a Dragon, therefore, I am Picasso if and only if I am not a Dragon."

 

[a/n I'm doing my Geometry teacher proud :D BICONDITIONAL STATEMENTS FTW]

 

Luhan nods slowly and glances at Sehun as if to ask 'Did you get that...?'

 

Sehun shrugs lightly and turns to Tao.

 

"Now what are you hyung?" He asks.

 

"Obviously a Kung Fu Skunk. Duhhh" Luhan says, rolling his eyes.

 

"Actually... I'm a Kung Fu Panda..." Tao replies awkwardly and Luhan stares at him incredulously.

 

"Seriously? I thought it was a... Skunk...?"

 

Sehun rolls his eyes.

 

At that moment, a series of claps echoes through the busy classroom and the students echo and then all turn expectantly to the teacher.

 

"Alright class, let's get in a circle... And today let's go around and talk about what are we and what are our friends are for Halloween! Then we'll be going to the Halloween parade, and afterwards our class Halloween party!"

 

From across the circle Baekhyun sniggers.

 

"That was like three 'Halloween's' in her sentence haha" he whispers to Chanyeol who nods and sniggers quietly.

 

So mature, these 6 year olds are...

 

"Alright, let's just start from... Let's start from D.O !" The teacher chirps and the entire class swivels their heads to stare at the tiny boy sitting to the direct right of the teacher.

 

"........ Um I'm... Kyungsoo, call me D.O.."

 

"D.O, honey, we know who you are." The teacher says tiredly, rubbing her eyes.

 

"Oh okay. Um. For Halloween... I'm a wrestler." D.O says, holding a boxing glove somewhat pathetically in his right hand.

 

The class kinda just stares for a second and D.O stares back at them uncomfortably, a bead of sweat dripping uncomfortably down his forehead.

 

The teacher sighs. “Alright, moving on…"

 

Gesturing to the next child over, she nods.

 

"Xiumin, what are you?"

 

Xiumin was dresses in this big ball of white. He sat proudly, legs sticking out comfortably.

 

"I'm a Baozi. It's my favorite food and people say I look like a Baozi." Xiumin says seriously. "I also like food, but like, I like Baozis the best."

 

Suho stares uncomfortably at Xiumin, the Baozi costume getting a bit too close for comfort.

 

"Well... I'm a professor." Suho says proudly.

 

The teacher swells with pride. And the rest of the class stares.

 

"Wait... You're a professor...?" Chen says, disbelief etched across his face.

 

"Well you know... Like I'm also like really unique because I'm a RICH professor. My dad who's a professor says it's better to be a rich professor because like a lot of teachers and professors aren't rich and are actually poor."

 

The teacher stares at Suho for a moment and turns to facepalm. ("Just one more day... One more day" she tells herself)

 

"I'm a Unicorn from the magical lands of Changsha."

 

And that's Lay...

 

"Where is Changsha?" Kai questions.

 

"Obviously in Poland..." Kris says.

 

"Aren't you Chinese?! You should know where Changsha is!!!!" Lay screams indignantly, standing up to his feet.

 

Kris shrugs and yawns.

 

The teacher has a bewildered look on her face.

 

"Just.. Luhan go..."

 

"I'm a deer for Halloween." He says simply, and then sits back, contented. Next to him, Sehun fingers Luhan's plastic deer antlers fondly.

 

The rest of the class chokes a little.

 

"They likkkkeee each other~" Baekhyun hisses and Chanyeol and Chen dissolve into a fit of giggles.

 

"I'm Chopper for Halloween." Sehun says, still running his finger on Luhans' deer antlers. Luhan sits completely at ease.

 

"No you're not, you're like Luhan. YOU'RE A DEER!!" Chanyeol points out.

 

"Untrue. See!! Look at my chopper hat." Sehun says, pointing defensively at the microscopic hat in between the antlers.

 

The class erupts into a heated debate and the teacher can't do anything.

 

"ALRIGHT CLASS. CHEN YOU ARE A..."

 

"Dinosaur. See look isn't my tail like awe--"

 

"BAEKHYUN..."

 

"I'm Bacon. I love bacon it's soo goo--"

 

"CHANYEOL..."

 

"I'm... Um... I'm..." Chanyeol struggles.

 

"Yeollie you're a Beagle" Baekhyun whispers pointing to the obvious ears on his head.

 

"OH RIGHT!!!! I'M A... THAT!!!!!"

 

The teacher sighs.

 

"...and Kai...?"

 

"I'm a manly ballerina!" Kai states standing up and twirling in his all black outfit save for the pink tutu around his waist as the rest of the class ooh-ed and ahh-ed.

 

The teacher facepalms, Kai was a boy for crying out loud!

 

"Alright class, straight line, we are going to go to the parade now."

 

"PARADEEEE!!!!" Chanyeol squeals.

 

"Chanyeol, please keep your voice down." The teacher commands.

 

"OKAY! OH WAIT I MEANT...    Okay."

 

The 12 children form a somewhat straight line, well, more like a zig zagged line with a few bumps and curves of double pairings…. but its decent enough for the teacher to start leading them outside where the rest of the classes and grades are gathering.

 

"Look guys!!!" Chanyeol whisper shouts to the class. "It's the fifth graders!!! Woahhhhh"

 

Gasps of awe echo around the area.

 

"Look... That's Yunho... The 5th grader Yunho!!!!"

 

"They're sooo big.."

 

"Their costumes are so cool..."

 

"Look it's Key!!! HE'S BEING A KEY OMG!!"

 

"LOOK TAEMIN IS BEING A GIRLLLL!!"

 

The music in the speakers crackle loudly from overuse and cheerful and scary Halloween music blasts into the air.

 

"ALRIGHT CLASS! WE'RE GOING! MAKE SURE TO WAVE TO YOUR PARENTS!"

 

Chanyeol waves eratically at parents standing on the side with a camera. Baekhyun joins him, showcasing his brilliant eyesmile.

 

Sehun and Luhan stand together, as usual, sticking close and waving at their parents as they have a conversation of who knows what.

 

Lay walks with Suho. Suho waves and smiles to the parents while Lay just shoves his hands into his costume pockets and follows the crowd.

 

Meanwhile Kai prances his way down the street, with D.O right in front of him, stopping once in a while to show off a turn or a fancy jump he had just learned in ballet class.

 

Xiumin keeps knocking Chen down with his gigantic Baozi costume, so Chen takes his revenge when The Baozi wasn't looking and deftly pushes the older one over.

 

Xiumin goes flying straight into Kris and Tao who look like they're running their own fashion show, both perfecting their fabulous catwalk. Kris and Tao go flying and Xiumin kind of does this half bounce on the ground. Chen stands, laughing so hard that he falls backwards into a still waving BaekYeol and they catapult into Sehun and Luhan. Kai in the middle of his turn gets shoved onto D.O and they both fall face flat on the floor. Suho just trips somehow in the process and all that's left is Lay who shrugs mindlessly and continues to walk.

 

The teacher facepalms and hurries to pick the children up and look disapprovingly into a very giggly Chen's eyes.

 

Everything always starts with Chen...

 

Somehow they make it back to the classroom unharmed. The teacher sits down heavily in her seat and half gestures to the kids.

 

Just go party or whatever and leave me alone.

 

The kids erupt into cheers and quickly dissolve into the cheerful and happy party.

 

The teacher lies her head down on her desk.

 

I give up.

 

---

 

"Umma!! Umma!!! When is he cominggggg?!?! WHEN IS HE COMINGGGGGGGG OMG IM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!" Luhan squeals at the top of his lungs.

 

The parents had planned it out perfectly before hand.

 

BUT REGARDLESS OF THAT, SEHUN AND, AND, AND KRIS AND, AND, AND TAO WERE COMING TO TRICK OR TREAT WITH HIM AND SLEEPOVER AND AHHHHH!!!!

 

"Alright Luhan, why don't you go sit quietly at the door and wait for your friends." His mother said, sending the hyperactive boy to wait.

 

Wait he did, squirming and fidgeting on the stairs as he stares longingly at the front door.

 

After what had felt like forever, Luhan finally saw three bobbing headsin the window walking towards his house.

 

He jumps up, getting a little too pumped for Halloween, again, and rushes to open the door.

 

"HAI GAIS!!!!!!!" Luhan screams from to door. Sehun waves back eratically and Tao screams back, "HAIII LUHANNN!!!"

 

Kris waves almost seriously but soon, his face also melts into a smile.

 

"OKAY GUYS LETS GO TRICK OR TREAT!!!" Luhan screams and the four of them run out into into the dimming sky.

 

-Fin-

 

a/n from Les:  hey guys! Happy Halloween!! :D LETS ALL GET HIGH ON CANDY WHAT.

 

I just wanted to write a Halloween fic for the fun of it and for the heck of it. Cuz ynaut lol.

 

We're continuing to write! Look forward to it! We're going to start posting our MAMA AU sometime soon after this!

 

Just a note, regardless of all the beautiful messed up shiz in SM and EXO right now we are going to continue writing OT12 fics.

 

That means Luhan and Kris are still in the fics. And we are going to usually be writing with our favorite ot12 pairings!

 

Okay baiiii!!!  And... Uh don't die tonight? Lol stay safe! Happy Halloween!!! GET CANDY WHOO!!! DON'T BE STUPID :D

 

Thanks again for continuing to read, comment, and subscribe! I really appreciate it! Love you guys!~       


-❤️Les