First Half

Destined

Destined


Tiffany's a transferee student. She lives in America with her older brother and sister before her mom died. Her father sent them right after to Korea after the incident but since her sister and brother insist to stay, Tiffany was left with no choice so she just go with her father instead.


Her dad is a successfull businesman with too many business trips. Making Tiffany fed up with those busy scheds of her dad and having no time with his family. Tiffany chooses to just live alone in Seoul. Buying for a luxirous condominium alone. She's used for living alone anyway since her mother was treated in a hospital for years because of her illness.


Tiffany then transfer to a glamorous school where some foreigners studying - thinking that it might be the best choice, because she won't be feel like an outcast - not atleast. But it seems she was wrong.

 


"Ayo new student here?" A blonde approach her while taking down the schedule that's been posted on the bulletin.

Since it was the first day of the school year, the students were busy searching for their blocks on the big bulletin located on the center of the campus - wanting to copy their whole schedule for the term.

Some busy chatting up, coping with their friends, writing their schedules and even laughing can be heard around.


She turned her face to the blonde a bit shocked.


"How did you know?" Tiffany asked knotting her brows in confusion. She thought no one will discover it since it was just the opening of the term for their last year being a college. Not to mention that the campus is quite huge. She actually did this on purpose because she doesn't want any attention at all. She don't like the feeling of being a hot topic to the old students of the school.

 

The blonde just take a glimpse on her without any reaction then shifted her eyes back on the bulletin.

 

"Everyone will knew if there's a new student. Like it or not but rumours spread everywhere even on the silly things." The blonde girl said cooly - now flipping her small notebook on her hands.

 

Tiffany raised her brows as she couldn't decipher what this girl is clearly talking about. She knew this was the best timing for transfering into different school because this was just the started of the semester.


'How the hell did she know?' Tiffany thought to herself.


"What do you mean?" Tiffany asked to the blonde girl instead. Staring at her - she notice that she was just inch taller with the girl.


The girl just shifted her eyes on Tiffany. Throwing cold daggers from her eyes. Tiffany felt shivers down to her spine thinking that it was the first time she ever met someone who have this very cold and such a terrifying glares. She then swallowed still waiting for the reply.

 

"You're not on U.S anymore. Gossips were carried here anywhere. Do you think people won't make a big deal specially if someone came from a wealthy and prestigious family just transfered to their precious school?" The blonde girl said then rolled her eyes, as if it was the dumbest thing to said.

 

Tiffany see that and almost muffled a curse. She then took a deep breath then sigh.


"Right, I never been from a wealthy family. You probably just mistaken me from someone--"

 

"You wish Hwang." The blonde girl said then rolled her eyes once more before she turned her heels to leave.


Leaving Tiffany dumbfounded with hanging open and jaw dropped.

 

'How the hell did she know my name?' She asked to herself after finally composing herself from that sudden mentioned of her last name.


'And I never think i'm from a wealthy family, didn't I? My father is a businessman and a restaurant owner, that's all. And it's my fathers! Not me!'


She cursed again under her breath then finally turn her body to leave the now crowded bulletin board in the center of the campus.


***

"Heard we have another transferee student?" Yuri said while tapping her fingers on the wooden desk right infront of her.


"And they said she's from America." She continued then glance on Taeyeon whose been busy strumming her guitar on the couch.


Yuri rolled her eyes when receive nothing from the latter. She then plopped herself to the couch comfortably. Tapping her fingers on her chin instead while still looking with her uninterested friend. She thinks for the better words to say just to get her friend's attention.


She then grinn when she thinks about something she heard this afternoon.

 

"I also heard she's with Sica this afternoon." Yuri said trying her voice to look just an uninterested like her friend.


Taeyeon immediately lifted her face then look at Yuri. Brow slightly furrowing.

 

"Then?" Taeyeon said plainly.


Yuri almost burst out chuckling after hearing that. She then tried herself to just act as normal as she could.

 

"Are you interested?" Yuri asked while grinning.

 

Taeyeon knotted her brows.


"What are you talking about?"


"Are you interested with her?" Yuri asked back still grinning.

 

"Who's her?" Taeyeon said blankly. As if she doesn't get what Yuri is pointing out though she had a hint but still hoping it's not - again.

She's been tired with that old antics of her friend.


"Are you interested with Tiffany.. or with Jessica?" Yuri puposely say Jessica's name lastly. She then smirk when she saw Taeyeon rolling her eyes.

 

"Not yet again. And who the hell is that Tiffany?" Taeyeon hissed as she get herself up from the couch - rearranging her guitar on the side. She heard Yuri's evil laugh.

 

"Oh c'mon Taeng, we all know you can't move on with that precious ex-girlfriend of yours 'Jessica Jung?" Yuri laugh out loudly like some kind of a maniac on the street after seeing an interesting quest.

 

Taeyeon just gritted her teeth as she pretend to not hear anything from Yuri's filthy mouth. She's getting tired with this topic but yet couldn't open up everything to her friend. She just felt like it was unfair with Sica, since Sica is keeping her mum with their past relationship just to protect Taeyeon's image eversince.

 

"And I don't understand. You are one heck of the most popular student-slash-hearthtrob on school and yet you can't even move on with that y ex girlfriend of yours?" Yuri turns a bit serious this time.


Taeyeon huffed and turns her head on Yuri - glaring at her.

 

"She's not a !" Taeyeon defended Sica closing her fist as she tried to prevent herself from bursting out her anger.


"Oh yeah? And why the hell you didn't dated any girls aside from her?" Yuri raise her brow - further pissing out her friend. It's not like she is picking up a fight with Taeyeon. She just wanted to know everything since her friend is being overly mysterious and secretive ever since, particularly if that concerns Sica. Almost all of their bandmates tried before but they immediately got shut by Taeyeon without even a single hint of words.

 


Taeyeon just shook her head then turned away.

 

"You don't know anything." She said as she close her fist tight making her knuckles turn white.

 

True enough they don't know anything.


Taeyeon is the main vocalist of the popular band on their school - making her the most popular student in the whole campus either. Not to mention that she's the only daughter of the Kim corporation. The biggest corporation in the Korea who owns almost every hotel on Asia.

 

Her personality is something no one could ever decipher aside from Jessica.
Taeyeon is a snob, a cold and a mysterious being. That somehow the students find very alluring instead. Which Taeyeon doesn't understand. She's always a snobbish type who doesn't occasionally talk with someone even on her long time classmates. And if she does talk with someone - that one particular student might get shocked and even hyperventilate in front of her. And what's struck her the most is that simple convo will going to be the headline on the bulletin of their school the next day. That's how extent her popularity is.


Taeyeon doesn't understand it at first but then she just get used to it as time flies by. She doesn't care anymore.

She prefer to be alone instead, plugging her earphones at one corner yet exelled to much on her studies. She's always on the top of their class. She didn't even have to try her hardest yet she can have everything which is making her bored all over again.


Jessica is her bestfriend, a childhood bestfriend and a special someone who helped her through a lot before. Jessica is the one who lift her and gave her hopes when the turning point of her life came across her. Through the darkest hour of her life. When she almost break down and feels like the whole world is on her shoulder. Jessica picked her up and help her to be what is her today.


It's true that they dated but also broke up after Taeyeon being enlisted as the main vocal to their band. As Jessica said that it was better to stay friends because she doesn't want to inflict anymore stress and obligation to Taeyeon. That's how nice Jessica is.


It was okay at Taeyeon at first. But realized that as time pass by - she and Jessica suddenly grew apart. She couldn't make time to Sica anymore and it kills her when she saw some random guy taking Sica to a dinner or in a date. She wants to protest but know that she couldn't. She then also realized that she already fell deeply in love with this girl and couldn't let her go that easily. So in the end she just settle for being her bestfriend. It's more than fine that way rather than being nothing.


Taeyeon also tried hanging out with other friends and try to stir her attention to other girls but failed. She was just afraid that none of them was like Jessica whose been true to her since the beginning and not just want her because of her popularity.

 

Taeyeon was walking hastily on the hallway of the campus alone that day. Too occupied with her thoughts to even notice the gawking students everywhere. As if she even care, yet she knew her popularity in the school but she didn't ever use it just to play with someone - making her reputation more clean and pure unlike her bandmate Kwon Yuri. Kwon Yuri is a baddass jerk and known to be the biggest player on the campus. But later did Taeyeon knew that because of her being perfect and good as ever, her fans increase even more and almost all of the students wants to be near her. Even just a single glimpse of her expressive eyes can already be a cause of her fans death.

 

"Uhmpf.." Taeyeon stiffled a curse when someone almost bump her on the hallway. Making the strap of her guitar loosen on her shoulder. Thanks for being attentive that she managed to get it before it crash on the floor.

 

The girl stood up immediately and bowed apologetically at her. As if the girl didn't know who the hell she is. The brunette girl just walk pass her like that without even a single bit of shock on her face and glance on Taeyeon. That is so unusual.

 

Taeyeon narrowed her eyes as she look at the girl running away from her. She never encounter someone like that again when her popularity increases. She just shook her head and stared at the students on the hallway with their mouth hanging open still looking at her. As they're also shocked with what they've just witnessed.

 

'Someone didn't even budge when almost bump on the great Kim Tae Yeon'


That was the headline on the next day for sure.


Taeyeon shook her head again and think. She don't remember of seeing that girl's face before.

 

***

"Sorry! Sorry!" Tiffany kept on apologizing with everyone she's bumping as she stormed herself towards her next class. She knew that she's fifteen minutes late but couldn't help it. The campus is quite huge and she doesn't really know where she could find her next class room.


She sneakily get in of the room as soon as she arrived. She gulped when she saw the professor already standing on the platform and pointing out something on the board.


Tiffany then took a deep breath, bite her lower lip as she slowly took her steps inside the classroom.


The professor abruptly stop what his doing when he saw Tiffany approaching the class room. He fixed his eyeglass as he stared at Tiffany. He cleared his throat.


"So I assume you are one of the students of this class?" His tone was flat.


Tiffany halted her steps. She nodded silently then hang her head low in embarrassment. She can see all the eyes of the students staring at her on the corner of her eyes.


"What's your name?" He asked.


Tiffany look at him nervously. "T-Tiffany.." She cleared . "Tiffany Hwang."

 

In an instant a loud gasp and whispers can be heard around the classroom. Tiffany shifted her eyes to the other students and she saw the shock expression, widening eyes and all their mouth hanging open while looking at her. Tiffany knotted her brows in confusion.

 

"So I assume you are the transferee student from America?" The professor asked.


Tiffany look back at him. Heaving a sigh, she then remembered what the blonde girl just said to her in that afternoon.


Maybe she's right afterall. As far as Tiffany wanted to stayed quiet and unnoticed with the other students. She couldn't let it since she really came from a foreign country and her father's wealth is not natural - to the other students point of view of course. Her father practically owned nor an investor in every luxurious restaurant in ASIA.

 

"No wonder the name's Tiffany." The professor smiled a bit making Tiffany breathe in relief. He then gestured her to sit - finally.

 

Tiffany took the sit on the last row dismissing the look of her classmates were giving her. She had enough of pressure that day, running around the whole campus to just find her current classroom and she doesn't want any more headache. Now, she only want is to have a peaceful day and cuddled herself on her bed after the tiring day.

 


The class went smoothly. Since it was just the first day of the term, their professor just gave them some pointers and discuss about the topic they will have on the whole term.

 

"Are you going home now?" Her classmate with a big bunny eyeglasses approach her as the professor dismissed the class. She's one of the two person in the room who approach Tiffany for the first time. Her name is Sunny, a small and cute looking student on their classroom.


The other one is Yoona. A tall, skinny and the most pretty girl Tiffany have ever seen on this campus the whole day. She's younger at them in a year since she study a bit earlier.


"Probably yes. I got tired running around the campus this whole afternoon." Tiffany said while bloating her cheeks out.

 

Sunny laugh whole heartedly. "If only we met earlier this afternoon you don't have to suffer running around the campus."


They walk outside the room and notice the still shock looking students on Tiffany.


"I don't know why the hell they kept on staring at me like that." Tiffany rolled her eyes making Sunny chuckled in amusement.

 

"Get used to it, you came from states afterall. Sooner or later they will treat you as an ordinary students either so no worries."

 

"I gotta go unnie! My dad wants to see me right now." Yoona suddenly said as she lift her chin up from her phone. Looking a bit uneasy.

 

Sunny raised her brow. "Your dad or Kwon Yul?"


Yoona blushes after hearing that but quickly look away nudging Sunny on her elbow. She then rushed to the stairs without saying anything.

 

"Who's Kwon Yul?" Tiffany ask as curiousity takes over her when she saw Yoona's reaction after the mentioned of the name. Heck, Yoona didn't even said goodbye to her.


Sunny grinn.


"The famous badass and player of the school."

 

Tiffany mouthed the word 'ooh' as she hears that taking a mental note that to not mess with that Kwon Yul. She doesn't want any attention and either another player on her life. She's been through that and had enough failed relationships because of the so-called third party.

 

"Gotta go now Fany-aah, just text me tomorrow about our classroom so you won't get lost again." Sunny chuckled.


Tiffany blushes in embarassment. But quickly wave her hands to bid her goodbye. She then quickly walk to the huge quadrangle of their school alone. She still seeing the uncomfortable looks of the students were giving her but choose to just ignored it.


'She will get used to that sooner' she kept reminding herself.

 

As Tiffany was standing outside of their campus back gate waiting for a taxi - she suddenly heard a loud honk on her back. Tiffany immediately turn her back to look for the noise when she saw a black convertible car right infront of her. Tiffany was astounded as what she is seeing. The car happens to be a luxurious one, not to mention that it came from the compound of their campus.


The headlights of it went off making Tiffany flinched a little. She then see the door of the car slowly opening - revealing a petite girl clothed with a black leather jacket and pants. Tiffany hitched her breath when she saw the girl approaching her. The girl was undeniably hot and appealing. Her hair is blonde as it was being tied up on a bun. And she looks very alluring with her black sun glasses on. Not to mention the latter's graceful motion. 'Probably from a rich family.' Tiffany noted to herself.

 

"You are blocking my way." The girl said as a matter of fact making Tiffany back to herself. Her tone was undeniably flat and cold. The girl take off her sunglasses and stared at Tiffany blankly.


Tiffany didn't even budge. She felt like the time stop when she stare at the pair of eyes infront of her. It was somewhat beautiful, dark but cold.


"Are you deaf?" The latter asked again in now annoyed toned.


Tiffany sense the harsh tone so she immediately regain her composure. She raised her brow still looking at the girl.

 


"The space is clearly wide. How come i am blocking your way?" She tried to sound unaffected with the intimidating aura of the girl infront of her.

 

"Because this is the way I'm supposed to drive not the other space." The girl said coldly still with her blank expression.

 

"What? Are you nuts?" Tiffany couldn't take it anymore as she thinks that this girl was probably some crazy retard - arguing with a nonsense stuff. Tiffany irked her brows even more.

 

The girl said nothing. She just stared at Tiffany like some kind of an alien species nor someone came from the outerspace. Tiffany saw that look and immediately furrow her brows.

 

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She said silently thanking that no one was there to witness their absurd argument. Atleast no one will talk bad about her if ever she said something wrong with this psycho girl.

 

"Leave." The girl said sternly yet cooly. Her eyes were still blank same goes for her expression.


Tiffany couldn't really decipher the girl's behavior but afraid that it was really a psycho so she choose to just stomp her feet away from the latter. She muffled some curse under her breath while she's walking away from the campus. She will probably just take a bus for now. If only she knew this will happen to her first day - she should've just drive her precious audi to the school.

 

 

 

- to be continued -