Chapter 2

Will You Be Alright?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You met Shinhye.”

“Did she tattle tale about me to you?”

“Stop mom. I was there. I was about to asks her out and I saw you. I want to ask you. Why are you there?”

Mrs. Jung stops watching TV and looks at Yonghwa.

“Yes I met her. I told her that I want her to leave you. I want her out of your live.”

“Mom, I clearly told you that I won’t marry Heejin ssi. I will marry Shinhye.”

“Son, I did it for your own sake. For your company’s sake.”

“I build it from zero mom and I never ask anyone for help. I never ask you to help me with anything too.”

“Yongie ya. My friend will give her share to you. It’s 35%. It will make you own the enterprise. Why don’t you understand?”

“Mom, you don’t love me right?”

“What are you saying? I love you. That’s why I’m doing all this. You are my son. My only son.”

“But why are you doing things that I don’t like?”

“I’m just helping you Yong.”

“By making me look like a gold digger? Makes me lose my pride and dignity?”

“No. That’s not it. The girl likes you.”

“But I don’t. I can’t love anyone other than Shinhye.”

“Love can grow son.”

“Stop it mom. You stood this low for money. I can’t believe it mom. I’m ashamed. You even want to pay her to leave me. It’s disgusting mom.”

“Yonghwa, mind your word. I’m your mom.”

“Behave like one then.”

Yonghwa spats back at his mom.

“You changed Yong. You changed a lot. You never talk like this to mom. She makes you. That woman is the cause.”

“Don’t talk randomly about her. That woman is my woman. Don’t you realize you makes yourself looks pathetic mom? You are trying to sell me off to them. This is my company and I build it with my blood and sweats. Here lies my pride. Don’t ever promise anything to your friend. I will never fulfill it. And if you ever go to Shin and hurts her again, I'll make sure I'll marry her right there and then without informing you.”

                                                                                                ***

Present Time

 

“I heard you broken up with hyung.”

Shinhye nods and ties the ribbon on the rose bouquet.

“Why did you do it?”

“I have to.”

“Noona.”

“Kenchana. That’s the best for him.”

“You should tell hyung noona. He can fix it. He will definitely choose you.”

“That’s what I’m afraid of. I don’t mind living a simple life with him Hyuk ah, but the company is his life. He devoted all of his youth in it. I can’t forget the passion and proud in his eyes whenever he talks about it.”

“But.”

“Hyuk ah. Kenchana.”

Shinhye smiles and taps his hand.

“I’ll deliver this by myself.”

“Shin noona.”

“Deh?”

“Will you be alright?”

“I will sweetie. Don’t worry. I’ll just consider this as my luck. I shouldn’t fall in love from the start.”

“Noona. I’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter