○•○Why Bother○•○

○•○Why Bother○•○

Author Note: You can't exactly go back to sleep and hope your dream carries on from where it left off so I hope this satisfies everyone needs because I worked really hard on it :) Wanna Know why? Cause I care ;'3 Please Enjoy this sequeal of "Did you Ever Care"♥

Songs I enjoyed while writing this:
One Thing by Finger Eleven https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV0AOaJunZM
Up Against The Wall by Boys Like Girls https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8ONTrE4Gqs <----- This♥
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"No offense Princess......but this place is smaller than my truck...." Jackson sighed as he stretched out on your living room floor under the one hanging light and shoved a slice of pizza into his mouth.

As you washed dishes you chuckled looking out the window at the glorious "Mandu Mobile" that was now taking up half the street in the spot Mark's sports car was parked in this afternoon. You sighed. Mark.

                                                                                                                         
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Did you even care when I cried in the hidden hallway because I missed Jaebeom so much and you comforted me?"

Mark's eyes got dark and he said nothing.

                                                                                                                  

"It doesn't matter" Without a second thought Jackson wrapped his arm around your shoulders and walked you away. You peered behind you but Mark didn't follow you, he didn't even call for you, he just watched you walk away as he clutched onto the coat. I see how it is Mark.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"I don't get you and Jaebeom! How could you live in a place like this!?" You shrugged your shoulders as you dug into your slice of cake that Jackson had insisited he buy as a gift since it was the first time he's ever come over your house. "It's not so bad...."

He sat up and slammed his hands on the table knocking his fork off the table and you picked it up, wiped it off on your shirt and placed it back on the table neatly.

"PRINCESS LOOK AROUND YOU! THIS PLACE IS FALLING APART! You and your brother share one bedroom! ONE BEDROOM that can't even fit the both of you comfortably. There's only a single light in this god forsaken prison and it's flickered 5 times since I've been here! Your fridge is barely stocked and you couldn't even buy yourself a new coat and that damn mutant Cujo dog is probably waiting to taste your flesh! YOU PAD LOCK THE FRONT DOOR!!"

Each fact he stated had hit you hard. It's true, you hated this place, you hated that your brother was doing everything he could to protect you and there was nothing you could possibly do for him but smile and keep him sane.

You both had just accepted these were the cards you were dealt with in life and you just had to move foward. One more year. One more year of this hell and that Academy and then you and Jaebeom can leave to bigger better things in University, he deserved it.

"My parents say with the money you have in your savings account that they've been putting in you can definitely afford a better place. Heck if you guys can't swallow your damn pride you can rent out a room in our mansion!" He fixed his hair under his snapback frustrated as you continued to innocently eat your cake.

He looked at you and sighed "You guys deserve so much better, why can't you see that. Yeah it your parents were never around even before they dropped off the face of the Earth but........."

"Stop it" you placed your plate on the table and faced Jackson. "We've had this conversation over and over again. It's just me and Jaebeom, It's always been him and I. We managed by ourselves for as long as I can remember and we can continue to manage without anyone else."

Jackson looked at you sadly "But I'm here too" You looked away from him. Those were the same words Mark had said when he comforted you in the hallway when you were breaking down.

                                                                                                                        

"Tell me again what Namjoon told you about Jinyoung" you said as you shoved your tooth brush into your mouth as Jackson finished rinsing with mouth wash.

"Princess I've already told you, stop trying to look for a reason to defend Mark. Jinyoung made a deal with Mark to get close to you to find out you and your brother's weakness so he can claim the number one spot in school and he was told to use any methods necessary."

You spit into the sink and wiped your mouth with the back on your hand. It just didn't make any sense. Mark was so quiet and reserved what would he possibly get out of this arrangement? He has everything he could possibly need. "Are you sure those were his exact words?"

Jackson shrugged "More or less"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You were surprised to see Mark's car parked at your usual corner at the intersection and the sight of it just made your blood boil. He hasn't called or texted but he had the nerve to just show up in person. 

You shoved your hands into the pockets of the new coat Jackson had bought you to protect them from the cold wind and walked past the car without a second glance. When he beeped at you you stood still for a moment contemplating if you should go off on him or not because you had the same anger issues as Jaebeom. Twins. but you kept walking.

You could hear the engine raor to life as he slowly trailed behind you. Persistant little bastard isn't he? You never looked back.

As you walked into the school building you could already hear everyone murmur things about you. Why is she walking again? Where's Mark? What happened? It didn't even bother you what so ever, you weren't here to socialize, you were here to study and graduate then get the hell as far away from this place as you could.

Jackson was spilling milk out of his nose at lunch while Namjoon was lecturing him about his behavior and you just smiled at the two. You felt like you were being watched and you didn't even have to look up to know Mark was gazing at you.

You opened your locker door to grab your books for Mrs.Min's class when a red envelope had fallen out. You bent over to pick up it up and slipped the note out but as soon as you recognized the handwriting you tore the note into pieces and crumbled them in your hand.

You walked through the classroom door and sprinkled the red and white paper shreds into the garbage in the front fully aware of the fact that Mark was watching you. Mrs.Min eyed you curiously as you sat in your regular seat instead of next to Mark but you just smiled at her. She smiled back and turned off the lights and switched on the projector and you diligently took notes.

You turned back to see Jinyoung smiling at you. The hell was he smiling at? You ignored him and went back to your work.

The next few weeks had been the same cycle, Mark would stalk behind you with his car, people would talk about you behind your back, Jackson would be an idiot and you kept 100% focus on you and your work.

You took your notes out during lunch as you waited for Jackson and Namjoon. It's not like you needed it but extra credit never hurt anybody and you were about to dive into your work when a shadow had hovered over you. You glanced up and instantly scowled. Mark was gazing down at you softly with his hands in his pocket and as his mouth opened

                                                                                                                            

"You have no business here. Leave. Now" Jackson's voice was dangerously low as he stood behind Mark with his arms crossed with an equally serious Namjoon next to him. Everyone started to whisper to themselves. Mark looked back at them then to you with sad eyes as he bit his lip and walked away.

You shook off this foreign feeling tugging at your heart and went straight to work. If someone's just going to waste your time then don't bother.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Finally after what felt like forever and more Jaebeom was home and everything was finally back to normal. But as you walked across the intersection today hand and hand you felt a slight pain in your chest as you passed the empty street corner.

"What's wrong Princess?" Jaebeom looked at you concernedly and you shook your head and beamed back at him "Nothing at all just glad you're home!" He laughed and kissed the top of your head. 

As you guys walked passed the black gates of the school Jaebeom tugged on the sash of your jacket "Jackson has strangely good taste" You laughed "Something tells me he didn't personally pick it out."

                                                                                                          

Jaebeom's laugh echoed in the cold air "You're right if it were up to him you'd probably be wearing some varsity jacket like him!"

The fanclubs were welcoming as usual but suddenly the temperature dropped drastically "Good Morning Jaebeom~ Good Morning Princess~" You both froze in your tracks as a way too happy Park Jinyoung walked by and greeted the two of you.

You could feel Jaebeom's grip tighten as you both plastered fake smiles on your faces "Good Morning Jinyoung" Jaebeom managed to say as politely as he could and you nodded at him. Why was he talking to you guys? Was he on drugs or something?

Memories of him smiling at you as he hit you with his car last year began to flood your mind. Jaebeom had punched the hospital wall as the doctor was putting the cast on your arm and you tried to calm him down but you were angry too. No one would believe you if you tried to say it was Jinyoung who hit you. The rich get away with everything don't they?

He walked over and stood infront of you two but you and jaebeom stood your ground. He beamed at you "Wonderful weather we're having!" If snow is wonderful then sure and you both agreed. He started to walk away "OH!"

He turned his head with that smug little smile on his face "Can't wait for the Academic Decathlon Friday~ No surprise it'll be a close call between the three of us but I know we'll have a blast~"

                                                                                                                                 

You and Jaebeom have been studying day and night for that Annual Academic Decathlon. It was like Prom for a fashionista. A time to show off your stuff and what you were really made of and since it was Senior year scouts from Universities would be there as well.

"Definitely. May the best student win" you said respectfully and his smirk only grew more sinister as he looked at you and nodded.

"The hell was that about?" Jackson had walked up to the two of you and draped his arm across your shoulders. Jaebeom shoved him off you and chuckled "Who cares but keep your guard up" and you both nodded.

Your heart rattled when that familiar engine raor zoomed passed the school gates and into the parking lot. Jackson noticed your actions and pulled you closer to his side and you smiled at him.

"OH MY GOD!!" "MARK!" "WHAT HAPPENED?!" People started going mental. Mark? You turned around and your breathing hitched. Mark's face was bruised up and his hand was wrapped as he carried his bag over his shoulder. He looked you in the eye for a split second then continued to walk into the building completely ignoring the world around him.

Jaebeom being Jaebeom, the student body president who was there for everyone, let go of your hand and jogged after Mark and escorted him through the building.

"Jekyll and Hyde Jaebeom version" Jackson started walking you to the building and you looked at him questioningly. He threw his head back in laughter "We both know he hates Mark's guts for what he did to you but his initial instinct is to help those in need"

You smiled warmly at Jackson. He was right that was your brother, always trying to help anyway he could and you were so proud of the way he was. But your face fell, what happened to Mark?

The Professor had asked you for a second time to stop tapping your pen against the desk. You did as you were told and started bouncing your leg instead. Your mind was racing with thoughts of bruised up Mark.

Jaebeom had told you that Mark said he slipped down the stairs in his mansion and you  your teeth. Bull. The boy could flip in the air and olley on his skateboard with his eyes closed so there was no way stairs had done him in.

As soon as the lunch bell rang you darted straight to the cafeteria. You scanned around the crowded tables but Mark was no where to be seen. Where was he? You jumped when someone placed their hands on your shoulders. "Jaebeom Oppa" He looked at you with curious eyes "You okay?" You took one last look around and sighed "Sure"

When you noticed Mark never came to Mrs.Min's class you decided to take matters into your own hands.

"Mrs.Min, do you know where Mr.Tuan is?"
She looked up at you curiously "Mark Tuan? He came in before class and asked to be excused to the nurses office. Poor sweetheart's face must be hurting"

You sighed and your shoulders sank. He's avoiding you. You just knew it. "Ms.Im?" 
"Yes ma'm?"
"You two were so close recently it was really nice to see since I've never seen him so animated but now it's like you two don't even know each other, may I ask if something happened?"

You thought long and hard before your true thoughts had finally made themselves known "I think we just had a little misunderstanding" Someone tapped your shoulder and you turned around and froze. Jinyoung was smiling at you and you felt a wave of uneasiness. "Will you be taking notes for Mr.Tuan or should I?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The decathlon was finally tomorrow and this week felt absolutely endless. Mark's been avoiding you and you chuckled at the irony. He wants to talk to you but you don't want to see him, now you want to talk to him but he won't give you the time of day.

Maybe that's why he never texted or called, he knew you wouldn't answer anyway so why bother? You turned your head over to look at your brother who was humming as he diligently studied an over sized text book and you laughed as his glasses were falling down his face.

You had been studying under the flickering living room light for god knows how long and you stretched your arms in the air and sighed exaggeratively. Jaebeom had been toying with his phone while you were studying and it caught your interest.

"Oppa"
"Yes Princess?"
"Who have you been talking to?"
"No one" his voice got higher and you knew he was lying. Shame Shame Oppa.

He looked over at you with a smile on his face that was beginning to creep you out. "Have I told you lately how much I love you?" You pouted "You tell me everyday Oppa"

He crawled next to you and wrapped his arms around you and despite it being out of nowhere you wrapped your arms around him too and burried your face into his chest. He placed his cheek on top of your head and you both just sat there for a while but you didn't mind and enjoyed the silence. You listened to his heart beat and it was like nothing would ever come in between you two.

"I know our life isn't the way we hoped for and I'm so sorry I can't do more....." he started whispering and you cut him off "Shut up"

You looked up at his guilty eyes and smiled at him "None of that now. Just tell me you love me and that's that~" He smiled and kissed your forehead and lingered there for a moment before he pulled your head back to his chest "I love you."

There was a knock at the door and you both looked up. You looked at Jaebeom who was smiling suspiciously as you got up to answer the door.

"Jackson Oppa?" Jackson was beaming at you in a white t-shirt with a grey jersey under his jacket and black jeans and boots with a beanie on his head. "what are you doing here?"

Jaebeom came up next to you and smiled "You two are going out tonight" Jackson chuckled and you whipped your head to look at your brother who had obviously lost his mind.

"You're not serious are you? Oppa we have to study for the decathlon tomo......" he placed his finger over your lips and shushed you.

"You're ready, I'm ready, you deserve a break. So I asked Jackson to take you out to have a good time tonight" You raised your eyebrow at him. Was he for real?

"Yes he's for real" Jackson laughed in the doorway. Was I thinking out loud? Jaebeom turned you towards the room and swatted your bum playfully "Go change into something warm"

As you changed into something more warm and appropriate for "having a good time" you questioned if Jaebeom's brain had finally bursted from too much studying.

You walked out the room and the boys were joking around. Jaebeom wrapped your scarf around your neck and adjusted the beanie on your head. "Have fun!"

                                                                                                                            

"What are you going to do?"
"What I do everyday Princess, keep studying" and you both chuckled. It wasn't fair but once Jaebeom made a decision it was final. Jackson grabbed your hand in his and led you out to the "Mandu Mobile."

He whined cutely "I don't understand why you won't just let me rent the place out! LOOK AT THESE LINES!" You punched him playfully in the arm and laughed. He had brought you to Lotte World for the first ice skating session of the season.

                                                                                                                         

You watched as couples and children ran around holding junk food and dragging friends to ride rides and the atmosphere was just so....fun! You bounced excitedly as it was finally your turn to purchase your bracelets and rent your skates. Jackson laughed at you lovingly as he wrapped the bracelet around your wrist.

"When was the last time you've been here Jagiya?"
"Ummmm that field trip in middle school?"
"Oh yeah....."
"Oh yeah I bet you remember! You running around inside the fun house and ramming straight into your reflection! Then you got up and dusted yourself off and glared angrily at the mirror then you chuckled "Oh hey there handsome sorry I didn't see you~"

You both bursted out into a laughing fit as you made your way to the ice skate rentals. "You've always been such an idiot how do you even survive the academy" you joked as you tied your skate laces tight.

"EXCUSSSEEEE MEEEEEE I AM......yeah you're right I'm an idiot hahaha that's why I have you and Namjoon!" Jackson joked as he waddled in front of you to help you stand.

You took a step onto the ice and slipped sideways a bit and in a flash Jackson was there holding you up. "I got this I got this!" you said shoving him away and he was gliding away slowly while holding his arms out towards you "JAAAAGGGGIIIIYAAAAAAAA~~~~"

You laughed and wobbled after him. After a few minutes you were getting into the swing of things and skating circles around Jackson who pouted "SHOW OFF" You grabbed his hand and intertwined your fingers and you both made your way around the rink.

"This is nice" you said as you sipped on the hot chocolate he had bought you once you were done skating. He was shoving a corn dog into his mouth and you laughed and wiped the ketchup off the side of his mouth.

                                                                                                          

You handed him a napkin and he knodded his head and wiped his mouth. You looked at at the rest of the park and smiled. Next time you'll take Jaebeom Oppa and it'll be perfect.

"We could do this anytime you like you know" you looked back at Jackson who was gazing at you as he leaned his head in his hand. You shook your head "Nahh it's okay you don't have to"

"Princess I want to~ I want to take you to places and have you experience new things and god I want to buy you things! So many things" he chuckled and you smiled. "I don't need anything else, I have everything I could ever need~ A roof over my head, my Oppa, you, friends......."

He reached over and held your hand in his as he smiled at you and his eyes twinkled "You deserve so much more than what you have and you know it"

"If we ever got married I'd buy you the world you know that?"
"Buy buy buy spend spend spend that's all you rich folk ever talk about~"
"I'm serious!"

You crossed your arms on the table and rested your head down and smiled at him "You want to marry me Jackson Oppa?" His face turned red and he rubbed the back of his neck. You giggled "I'm flattered, I really am and you know I love you but I'm not ready for anything like that."

He smiled at you "Still only one guy on your mind huh" and you both chuckled and said at the same time "Jaebeommie Oppa!♥" You reached over and punched him as he mimiced your voice. Then his face turned soft and he flashed you a heartfelt smile

"Married or not, if you marry me or decided to marry some other guy, i will always, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS ALWAYS....." he started babbling "JACKSON!" he laughed "always be here for you Princess. For you and Jaebeom forever." You locked your hands together in the middle of the table and nodded at each other "Thank you"

"So who's ride is nicer mine or Mark's?" Jackson joked as you leaned your chair back to relax as the radio started playing christmas music for the first time. "Are you seriously asking me that?"

"It's a man's pride thing!"
"You're a man?"
"JAGIYA!"

You laughed as memories of you and Mark having random conversations on the ride to school flashed through your mind. You took your phone out of your pocket and hit the speed dial number for Mark but like always it went straight to voicemail without even a ring.

Jackson looked over at you and sighed "Still not answering?" you shook your head sadly. 

"I don't know why you even bother after what he did to you"
"People make mistakes Oppa maybe he really was just trying to be nice....."
"Being nice because he was forced to! That's not the company you want to keep around you Princess"
"And you're better company?"
"HELL YEAH!"

You both started laughing but were soon drowned out by the sound of sirens and horns. You looked up alarmed, firetrucks and police cars were heading into your neighborhood. What's going on?

The road to your house was backed up so Jackson parked a few blocks away as you both now weaved through a crowd of people. You could see thick black smoke fly in the air and you were starting to get a sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach.

"Excuse me! WATCH OUT! COMING THROUGGHHH!" Jackson dragged you by the hand through the crowd when he suddenly stopped and you bumped into his back "Jackson what are you........"

The words died in your throat as you finally found the cause of the commotion. A fire. A big fire. A huge fire. YOUR HOUSE WAS ON FIRE!

                                                                                                                            

You dashed foward with Jackson calling after you and a fireman had held you back "Ma'm this place is dangerous please get back!"

"OPPA! OPPA!" you called desperately.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You looked around and his face was nowhere to be found. Jackson finally caught up and grabbed you and you questioned the fireman as your senses were beginning to fail you "Sir this is my house! What happened?!"

"Neighbors had reported smoke when suddenly the building exploded." No. Oppa.
"MY BROTHER WASN'T IN THERE WAS HE?! OPPA!" Jackson held you back as the fireman urged you two back as another blast erupted from the burning building. You grabbed your phone out of your pocket with shaking hands.

"PICK UP PICK UP PICK UP!"
"This is Jaebeom please leave a message after the......" !

Your legs were starting to give out "Jagiya!" and Jackson caught you in his arms. Your vision was starting to blur "Jackson....Jaebeom Oppa......" He shook his head "Don't think that way Jagiya DON'T YOU DARE THINK THAT WAY!"

"PRINCESS! PRINCESS!" you heard a familiar voice as you jumped out of Jackson's arms. You looked around and suddenly you were breathing again "JAEBEOM OPPA!"

Jaebeom rushed towards you with Namjoon right on his tail and he scooped you up in his arms and held you tight. So tight. "Oh my god Princess are you okay?!"

"Oppa I thought.....but you were....how?" he wiped the stray tears from your cheeks and hushed you.

"After you left I decided to call Namjoon and have a quick bite to eat" he looked up at the burning building that was now almost ash "and good thing too."

                                                                                                                      

Namjoon pulled you into his arms as Jackson hugged Jaebeom "Jaebeom I know you're hot but this is ridiculous" The 3 of you glared at Jackson who put his arms up defensively.

The inferno was finally out as you 4 stood infront of the ashes that were once your home. It's gone. Everything you had just gone up in smoke. The police had informed you that neighbors had noticed a bunch of hoodlums they've never seen before wander around the area then your house was smoking and it was all history from there.

Namjoon sighed "This isn't good" Jaebeom tried to hide behind a fake smile for your sake but you guys were Twins you felt exactly what he was feeling "At least no one was hurt"

"At least that damn light in the living room won't flicker anymore" Jackson tried to lighten the mood and you all dryly chuckled. Wait. Light?

"Wonderful weather we're having!" Why was Jinyoung so smiley that day? Then the sudden realization knocked the air out of you as everyone looked at you concerned.

That disgusting smug smile on his face "Can't wait for the Academic Decathlon Friday~ No surprise it'll be a close call between the three of us but I know we'll have a blast~"

You dropped to your knees as Mark's bruised face flashed through your mind. He told Jinyoung. Mark had found out because of you. This was all your fault!

"PRINCESS!" Jaebeom knelt down next to you and you just looked into his face blankly "It's my fault...."

"What?"
"It's all my fault......"

Jaebeom wasn't understanding but Jackson had taken a sharp intake of breath as he too realized what you had. You heard the raor of a familiar engine out in the distance and tires screech.

Jackson and Jaebeom helped you back to your feet but you still felt like you were sinking. Mark tried to talk to you. Why would he do this? Jackson coughed obnoxiously and the 3 of you looked up at him.

"WELL THIS IS A REAL PICKLE ISN'T IT???"
"Spit it out Wang" Namjoon crossed his arms and Jaebeom laughed and Jackson smiled at you.
"I hate pickles! Let's go home~"

Home? What home? You shook your head "but...." and Jaebeom placed his hand on your shoulder and shook his head and smiled "He's right. Let's go home"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                                                                                               

The Wang family had welcomed you in with open arms and Jackson's mother was on the verge of tears as Jackson told them what had happened. She pulled you into a strong hug and you felt a pain in your chest. A mother's hug.

You looked over at Jaebeom who was also pulled into a strong embrace by Mr.Wang and you could see your brother's ears turn red as his shoulders shook softly.

They had given you two different bedrooms that were 3 times the size of your house but after a very decent argument they finally let you two share one room. They reassured they would provide you with anything you needed from clothes to school and you and Jaebeom looked at each other thinking the same thing.

Jackson held your hand as his mother continued to talk and he was making you laugh by imitating her by mouthing words. "We don't know how we'll ever repay you but don't worry sir I'll work....."

Mr.Wang held up his hand "Money is only money. Dispensible and reusable. A life is a life. You only have one life. It's precious. I've known about you and your sister and your struggles for years and to finally have you two under my roof." He bowed and you were both shocked "It's an honor to have such a remarkable young man under this roof and I wish it didn't take this long for you two to get here."

Your heart swelled as you tightened your grip on Jaebeom's hand who also bowed as his tears dripped to the floor. "Thank you sir"

"DAD WHAT ABOUT ME!?!!"
Mr.Wang looked up at his son and shrugged "Eh you're okay too"
"DAD!!!!!"

                                                                                                                   

Everyone laughed and it echoed in this big house that was now your home too.

Jaebeom turned out the lights and climbed into bed with you and pulled your back to his chest and snuggled his face in your freshly washed hair. "What now Oppa?"

He hummed as he was falling asleep "We just keep doing what we've been doing Princess, nothing's changed except for the fact we're finally free" You pulled his hand to your face and nodded.

Before school had started Jackson had sent his butler to the Academy's store to purchase you and Jaebeom new uniforms and books making absolute sure that no one knew that these things were for you two. The day went on normally and now it was time for the decathlon.

                                                                                                                             

You and Jaebeom walked hand and hand into the auditorium. You were greeted by University scouts and wished luck then made your way to the podiums. Jinyoung came in soon after and his eyes widened in shock as he noticed you two standing firm on the stage ready to take on anything. I know what you did Jinyoung.

The Principal made a quick speech and the Academic decathlon was now underway. Contestants were dropping like flies and as predicted only you, Jaebeom and Jinyoung remained.

"As always our top 3 brightest students are left! Now for the final round! Is there anything you'd like to say to your fellow competitiors?" and everyone cheered. Jaebeom looked over at you and smiled as he leaned into the microphone "Loser does dishes?" Everyone in the room laughed and awwed and you beamed at him and replied in your microphone "You're on oppa!"

You both turned to a Jinyoung who was smirking at you and you wanted nothing more than to bash that smirk right off his face. Anger issues remember. He leaned into the microphone and adjusted the stand with his thin fingers. He his lips and narrowed his eyes at the two of you.

                                                                                                             

"Why don't we throw a celebritory party at your house afterwards so we can all do dishes? I heard you guys really know how to "bring down the house"" The audience chuckled but you and Jaebeom glared at him obviously getting the double meaning.

He then looked out at the crowd and aegyoed them to death "We should all go over to the Im house right? Surely the top students of our school have enough room for all of us right?"

Half the crowd cheered while the others whispered amongst themselves obviously sensing something was up. Suddenly the side door to the stage slammed open. Your eyes widened. Mark?

Everyone started whispering as Jaebeom came up behind you. Mark had this terrifying look on his face and you didn't anticipate what was about to happen next at all. Jinyoung looked up at him shocked when suddenly **BAM**

The room went wild as Mark punched Jinyoung straight in the face and Jinyoung staggered back cupping his chin. Jinyoung wiped the blood off his lip and tackled Mark to the ground and a gasp escaped your mouth. Mark wrestled and pinned Jinyoung down underneath him and beat him continiously and Jaebeom ran over and pulled Mark off him as the Principal tried to calm everyone down.

Mark made eye contact with you as blood dribbled down his chin and your heart ached.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You managed to convince the Principal with your girly charms to let you take Mark to the infirmary before he releases hell on him and Jinyoung in his office. The nurse was out but you volunteered here enough to know what to do. You sat Mark down on the bed and grabbed an ice pack from the freezer.

Mark couldn't look you in the eye as you held the ice pack against his bruised swollen face and the silence was eating you alive. You haven't spoken since that day at the park and then suddenly all this happens. You were about to yell, you deserved to yell at him but instead you sighed and chuckled half heartedly "Why bother..."

                                                                                                                   

He turned his head towards you and your gazes locked and you could feel your heart hammer through your chest. His lip was split open and almost every inch of his face was bruised but he still managed to look at you with such gentleness. He waited for you to talk.

"I was going to yell at you. Do I deserve to yell at you Mark?" he stared at you for moment then weakly nodded his head and you smiled sadly.

"Did Jinyoung do this to you that day?" He nodded again. Your voice got quiet "Was it my fault?" he didn't move his head and he didn't say a word. You knew he was torn it was probably your fault but he didn't want you to blame yourself. You shifted the ice pack to the other side of his face and he winced "Sorry...."

He shook his head and smiled weakly at you despite his swollen face "I'm the one who's sorry" You tried to convince him not to talk but he shook his head and continued.

"I made a deal with Jinyoung but it's not what you think. He just wanted me to find out how you and your brother ticked that's all." His eyes fell "I didn't know he was such an . I didn't know he wanted to hurt you and your brother and If I did I never would have done it in the first place."

You shifted the ice pack to his head. "The day you found out you didn't let me explain but you're an intelligent girl you probably came to your own conclusion and had enough facts stored in your brain to back it up" you chuckled. He was trying to be funny.

His expression darkened "When Jinyoung noticed that you stopped hanging around me he knew something was up. He demanded me to tell him what I knew but I lied and said I knew nothing."

His voice broke "He threatened my siblings Princess. Said if I didn't tell him what he wanted he'd hurt them and you know rich people...." You sighed "They can get away with anything"

He nodded sadly. "So I met him at his place one night and he had people waiting and when I still didn't want to talk..........." You wiggled your finger in his face in a circular motion "This happened...." He chuckled "This happened"

He looked into your eyes sadly "I didn't know how I was going to ever face you again." he clenched his hands into fists and you covered his hands with your free hand. "Then I heard rumors that he was planning something."

"You were at my house last night. I heard your car" he nodded "So I did something..."

You looked at him questioningly "What did you do?" He smiled and struggled to his feet. He grabbed the ice pack from your hands and sat it on the bed and placed your hands on the sides of his face. He leaned in and kissed your forehead softly and you felt your cheeks burn and your heart accelerate. He leaned his forehead against yours "You'll see. I care. Princess I did care. I DO care"

You were about to ask him an important question when the door slammed open and the Principal belted Time was up.

"Sir you saw with your own eyes he just came up and assaulted me!" Jinyoung argued. You can feel the sarcasm oozing from his words. He and Mark were standing in front of the big desk as you and Jaebeom sat on cushioned chairs. Mark said nothing.

Jinyoung then had the audacity to look at you and Jaebeom "You guys saw it too!" and you could see the dark glint in his eyes.

The Principal rubbed his eyes with his hands. "Mark Tuan I've never expected this behavior from you young man. What do you have to say for yourself?" Mark just stood there and said nothing. You were about to speak when Jaebeom silenced you. It wasn't your place.

Mark checked his watch "Mr.Tuan? What do you have to say for yourself?" The door swung open and bounced off the wall with a crash as a male with a leather jacket waltzed in. He smelt like smoke and the Principal stood at the sudden intrusion. "What is the meaning of this!?"

                                                                                                              

"Cool your skillet Grampa I come in peace" The guy brushed invisible dirt of his shoulder then looked at Mark and scrunched his face. "Please tell me "I should see the other guy"" Mark laughed and wrapped his arms around the guy who also hugged him back strongly "Hey Jin"

You were confused and Jaebeom was puzzled too but when you looked at Jinyoung you were shocked. All the color had drained from his face. Mark smiled at you then the Principal "Sir I'm ready to talk now"

Jin was a gang leader, THE gang leader, and one of Mark's bestfriends since childhood, practically brothers. Coincidentally one of the hoodlums who beat up Mark at Jinyoung's place was Jin's cousin who had asked Jin why this hit looked so familiar. Needless to say this cousin is now sporting a rather large bruise on his eye.

Jin caught wind of some snobby rich kid looking for cheap work. Say, torching a place? Jin recognized Jinyoung and took the job. He recorded the whole conversation via a recorder hidden in his pocket. Jinyoung revealed his name, your names, your address and specific instructions for lighting the place on fire. Wow and Jinyoung tried to tie you and Jaebeom for smartest pupil?

The Principal's eyes widened at the recording Jin had thrown at him and Jinyoung's soul had left his body. Police escorted Jinyoung out of the building as the Principal apologized to the Univeristy scouts, the student body, you, Jaebeom and Mark.

On your way to your locker with Mark multiple scouts had stopped you offering you scholarships and such and you smiled at them "I go where my brother goes"

You helped Mark carry his stuff to the front of the school and he joked that he was suppose to be taking care of the Princess and you beamed at him "The Princess can take care of the Prince too" He intertwined his fingers with yours and smiled lovingly at you as his cheeks turned pink.

You met with Jaebeom, Namjoon and Jackson out in front and none of them were surprised to see you with Mark. Jackson smiled at you, a brotherly smile this time and pointed to the parking lot. You raised your hand asking for 5 minutes and he and Namjoon headed to the Mandu Mobile. Of course Jaebeom stayed behind to wait for you.

"So where do you live now?"
"With Jackson and his family"
"The Princess finally lives in a castle"

You giggled and he smiled his toothy smile at you. "There's one thing I don't get though" and he looked at you with a raised eyebrow.

"What did you get out of all this Mark? Besides a badass reputation" He chuckled then his expression softened. He took a step closer to you and you looked up at him.

"You don't know?"
"Despite popular belief Mark I don't know everything"

He bent over and whispered in your ear "I got to know you" he then kissed your cheek quickly and walked away and bowed as he walked by Jaebeom. You put your hand on your burning cheek as Mark got into his car.

He rolled the window down and yelled at you "Ice cream tomorrow? I'm feeling vanilla!" You nodded and he smiled at you as that known engine roared to life.

Jaebeom grabbed your things and put his arm around you. "So~" You beamed up at him "So?"

                                                                                                              

"If I'm ugly then you're ugly but you can't be ugly because you seem to be getting all the guys so that means I'm not ugly?" You laughed and whacked his chest playfully.

"We're still not identical oppa! YOU'RE UGLY!" and you both laughed as you walked out the gate "Who's doing dishes tonight?"

Jackson pulled up infront of you in his truck "JAGIIIIYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA♥♥♥♥ LET'S GO HOMMMEEEEEE!!!"

"Better question Princess is Jackson or Mark?"

You shook your head and blushed "One problem at a time"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author Note: NO NO MORE SEQUEALS! IT'S DONE FINISHED FINITO TERMINE DONZO! X_X
I hope you enjoyed! This actually evolved way beyond my expectations and I'm quite happy with it~
If you haven't read it already I wrote a "Choose Your Ending" One shot for mark called "But I Loved You First" or you can check out my pride and joy "Spark" for a little more Jackson in your life!

                                                                                    Please let me know if you enjoyed because I love reading comments♥  
                                                                                                Thank you for reading m(_ _)m