2

Taemin loves Minho

CHAPTER 2

 

This would be our biggest project so far, so we have to put in all our effort. And if you can get some volunteers then even better.” Minho reminded the members during their meeting.

                “We already have the go signal from the school administration so there shouldn’t be any problem. We are going to solicit money to gather funds for the orphanage of our choice.” He explained further, “To make it easier and so we can gather more, we are going out in pairs. We’ll be doing draw lots to determine our partners.”

                Ten of the members started to draw out the name of their pairs from the box. Minho was the second to the last one to draw his partner while Jonghyun came last, and the look on Minho’s face was priceless when he saw the name of his pair. While Jonghyun looks like someone who’s walking on cloud nine, the other boy looks like he would give everything just to switch.

                Taemin couldn’t take his eyes of the tall boy, he’s guessing he knew who he drew out whom just basing from their facial expression.

                He was stifling a giggle, ‘Is he really that allergic to me?’

                “Okay let’s reveal the identities of our partners,” said Lee Jinki their clumsy looking treasurer.

                When it’s Minho’s turn to reveal his partner, Taemin didn’t even realize he was holding his breath. “It’s L-Lee Taemin,” he said on a voice that came out as a croak, or at least that was how he heard it.

                He couldn’t hold himself anymore and laugh out loud getting the group’s attention.

                “Ooops, sorry. A certain person looks worse than someone who’s suffering from constipation,” he said in between cackles.

                The rest of the members laugh because of what he said.

                “Mr. Choi, if you want another partner you could always ask someone for a switch. I’m quite sure the other won’t mind”. Taemin continued to tease Minho not minding the others.

                “No it’s okay,” the tall boy said in defeat. He took a deep breath before speaking again, “Alright, let’s move now people so we can finish early”.

                “Trying to get rid of me already?” the pretty male continued to tease the other. Just when Minho was about to snap back, Jonghyun suddenly speak up on an ecstatic voice.

                “Wait! You guys aren’t you gonna ask me who I got paired up with?”, he was grinning like an idiotic puppy.

                “It’s quite obvious Jjong, only one name hasn’t been called yet”, Jinki deadpanned as he throw a sympathetic look towards Key.

                “But I still want to announce it,” Jonghyun insisted on his impatient tone. He turned at Minho to get permission, and when the tall guy nodded with a sigh.

                 ”I GOT PAIRED UP WITH ‘THE KEYYYYYY’!!!’’, he looks like he was hyperventilating while squealing in a very unmanly tone. “Just so you know,” he added in a sing sang manner.

                Everybody turned their heads on Key’s direction, which was now miserably walking towards the door with Jjong hot on his trail.

                Taemin could hear distant muttering of curses and other profanities from Key. He couldn’t help but smile, ‘This is going to be fun afterall.’

***

Can you not amuse other people at my expense?” Minho said while he tried to match up with Taemin’s steps.

                “I was just stating a fact. You should’ve seen your face when you said my name, man, you looked completely devastated. Don’t try to deny it,” he said as he defended his earlier actions.

                “I just don’t want any problems on our project.”

                “So, you think me being your partner would only lead us to doom, huh? Why are you so afraid of me?”

                “I’m not scared of you,” he stated defensively.

                 “Then why are you acting like you are now?”

                “You’re imagining things.”

                “Then prove it.” He said before he left the tall boy.

***

You’re late!” Minho snapped.

                He was trying to catch his breath so he failed to respond. He was at fault, so he already expected that by the time he would arrive at their meeting place, Minho would be like a menopausal old maid. And darn he was right, because right now the boy looked like he was just holding back from strangling his pale neck. Damn bus driver.

                He doesn’t have any choice but to follow his partner because he wanted to make up from being late. At least he did it unintentionally.

                The sun was already setting when they finally made their way home. Tired and worn out from their mission.

                “You know what? You sound okay when you were persuading them easily. I bet you impressed them,” he said cheerily.

                They were on Minho’s car, and she was trying to make a light conversation because the silence is deafening him.

                The boy just glanced at him before returning his attention on driving.

                But Lee Taemin won’t give up. “Even if you did it alone, you can still do it right.”

                “Where do you live? I’ll just drop you off.” Instead of answering, Minho cut him off.

                “Already? Aren’t you gonna ask me to eat. We’ve been walking for the whole afternoon, I am starving,” he complains.

                Minho sighed in defeat, “Alright, where do you wanna eat?”

                He knows the other was just forced to ask him that, but who cares! It’s now or never. “There’s a small café on that corner,” he pointed the direction.

                After Minho parked the car, they walked in. They immediately fall in line. “I’ll find us a seat,” he volunteered.

                “What do you want to eat?” Minho asked.

                “Chicken and rice, French fries and large iced tea.”

                “You can eat all that?” Minho asked in surprise but left to take the order anyway.

                Taemin choose a table for two beside the glass wall. He can clearly see Minho from his seat; he frowned when he saw a girl approached Minho asking him something, he’s face even contorted in displeasure when the jerk smiled widely at the girl.

                ‘Look at this guy, he can’t even give me a proper smile and now he’s selling it to a stranger?!’ he was fuming in his seat. Who could blame him? Yes they were together the whole afternoon and the tall creep rarely spoke to him but when it comes to this ugly girl he’s smiling ear to ear.

                He could tell that the girl was just flirting, and his conclusion was confirmed when she saw the group of girls on nearby table giggles while looking at the pair talking.

                Those were the girl’s friend he was so sure of that, especially when they did some thumbs up towards the girl who secretly glances at the table while talking to Minho.

                Taemin was on the verge of pulling the girl off Minho. ‘That bastard! Flirting openly with other people!’

“Hmp!”, he glared at the two figures on the line. So what if the people would notice how jealous he is, he doesn’t give a damn!

                He did not spare Minho a single glance when he came back and silently eats his food.

***

Minho was bewildered at the sudden turn of Taemin’s mood. The smaller male did not even look at him while they were eating.

                And he’s not used to that, he was already expecting the boy to bombard him with questions and even mockery once he’s taken his seat. But nothing happened not even something close to that. When he’s curiosity got over him he decided to break the dreadful silence. “Eat slowly, you might choke,” he commented.

                “What do you care? And don’t talk to me, I’m mad at you!” Taemin said while still munching on his chicken, lips curved in a pout.

                “Hey, I’m the one who’s feeding you here for free. Is that how you say thank you?”

                “Then I’ll pay you back. I don’t want you to end up broke just because of one meal.” He said back irritation laced on his voice.

                “I’m not saying anything like that”

                “Your face says it all, owl face!” Taemin scoffed.

                “What the heck is wrong with my face?”, he really is confused now.

                “Never mind. Oh, and maybe you wanted to transfer tables and sit with that ugly face girl’s table, the one you were flirting with earlier?”

                “Whoa, you’re acting like this—this? Because of that?!”

                “It’s none of your business.”

                “Look here, she was just asking me something, am I supposed to ignore her? I’m not rude like someone I know,” Minho doesn’t understand why he was explaining. He just feels like he owes Taemin an explanation, he’s uncomfortable when the smaller boy won’t even talk to him.

                And to Minho’s utter surprise, Taemin burst out laughing like he hadn’t just thrown a fit seconds ago. ‘What the heck__?! What was that about?’

                “Oh my…are you affected? Geez, I’m starting to realize something here, you are explaining yourself like a good boyfriend, Minho.” He ; He was now grinning like a fool and is totally back to his old self.

                Now he doesn’t know how to react. ‘I’ve been duped.’ He thought.

                “Are you attracted to me now?” Taemin happily teased Minho.

                He felt his cheeks and ears grew warm because of that comment. “You are impossible,” he managed to say weakly.

                “But you’re blushing….”

                “You really hit your head pretty bad when you’re still a kid. Just eat your food.” He was now slowly getting pissed. ‘Ugh, this Lee Taemin really is unbelievable.’ Minho really felt bad for a moment when Taemin’s only power tripping, darn it!

                After finishing their food, Taemin decided to ask Minho to take him home. On their way out upon passing on the table where the girl earlier and her friends were sitting, he held Minho’s arms so they would look like they’re in a relationship.

                He could feel the heat of the es’ stare on their retreating backs. And a smile of victory formed on her lips.

***