The Family Meeting

A Summer's Love

It was two in the evening when I finally awoke from my death like slumber. I had a roaring headache and all I wanted to do was take some medicine and go back to sleep, but with my luck I doubted Id get back to sleep anytime soon. 

I rolled over to check the time on the alarm and it was going on three already. Id had a crazy night of sneaking out and going clubbing last night but I didn't think I partied hard enough to sleep in so long. My door slowly opened as it brought in the light from outside, I quickly buried myself back into my covers. The light was to much for my eyes and with just a touch of them I felt like I was dying.

"Mia....when you finally wake up we need you to come downstairs...we have something to tell you".

I could tell from the sound of the voice that it was my mother. Iv never met anyone in my life with such a cold voice. It was never welcoming and nothing but bad intentions lead behind each word. As soon as she closed the door I shot up and headed for the bathroom, if she wanted to talk it would be better if I didn't reak of alcohol and late night clubbing. 

When my dad died I ended up living with my mother. It didn't take long for her to find a new husband though, maybe about two months...which made me wonder was it because of the money and she never truly love my dad or was this just her way of coping with his death? It was something I never cared much about though. My dad was happy with her when he was alive even if now she is a gold digging that couldn't give a about me.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard the sound of my stomach growl which meant I was in dire need of food. I hurried into the shower as I my tunes. The sound of music and the shower did wonders for me in the morning. It didn't take long before I was back to normal and wide awake.

I step out the bathroom and grabbed a pair of sweats and a hoodie. I headed downstairs when I got stuck in my tracks at the sudden laughter. 

"Honey, just imagine how many things where gunna be able to do once she's gone". From the voice I could tell it was my mother...but unlike her cold tone she always has with me, she had a loving and kind tone. I realized she must be talking to her "husband" so I kept quite to see what their talking about. Sending who away?..

"We're going to do this, we're really sending Mia away?" 

"Yes, she's been nothing but a burden since my late husband died. I can't believe I carried that girl for nine months. I should of got rid of her when I had the chance". My mother spoke this as if it was something easy for her to say, as if her child really meant nothing.

In anger I stormed down the steps as my mothers husband's eyes widened. "M..M..Miaa!?" my step father spoke as he could see the anger spreading in my face. 

"Your sending me away!? You can't do that!" I shouted full of nothing but rage. "I was born here, you can't just send me away".

"Stop being a pain" my mother spoke as coldly as ever. "I can do whatever I want with you, you are my child!"

"As if, I just heard you say you should of gotten rid of me when you had the chance!" I could barley stand the sight of my mother any longer, as I was just about to turn around and leave my stepfather spoke.

"Mia...please...sit down" I could hear the sadness in his voice. No matter how much I hated my mother, her husband was a good guy. 

"Fine".. I sat down in defeat. 

"Mia..your moth.." my step father spoke but was rudely interrupted by my mother.

"I've decided to send you to live with your grandmother" My mother said yet again cold as ever.

"I have a grandmother?" I spoke in shock. Not once have we ever been around my parents own parents. 

"Yes, my mother" my mom snarled at me as she got closer. "Here, take this and start packing" She handed me envelope, I quickly started to open it. Only to be startled by my mothers harsh tone. "Don't bother looking, it's just your passport and a monthly allowance" She said wish a smirk on her face.

"Start packing, we leave in a hour"

.....I can't believe this is happening

__________________________

okay guys ^.^ that's the end of chapter one !!! I hope you liked it, keep in mind this is my first story (: Id love to hear your feedback