Chapter 1: Who Are you?

The Case of Youngmin

 

chapterone
"Live you need to live"

    "Crunch.” That was the sound that the lanky male heard when he stepped out into the unknown world that was in front of him. Taking another step the sound came again making the male come to a sudden halt.  

 Looking down the male blinked and he noticed the Fall leaves laying peacefully in the ground. After a few seconds guilt hit him right in the face when he noticed that he was the one stepping on them. He had stepped on the beautiful ocean the orange, yellow, brown leaves made.

  “Youngmin!” A male called making the other turn around.  

 “Youngmin.” The guilty male thought as he saw the other running towards him. “That must be my name.” He thought before he slowly lifted his hand and waved it gently in the air and waited until the other reached him. “I wonder who he is.”  

 “You’re late Youngmin.” The exhausted boy said while huffing trying to catch his air.  

 “Ah, that is right.” Youngmin thought “I was meeting with him in the coffee shop.” Youngmin tilted his head to the side before he bowed his head in apology. “I’m very sorry.” He said a little taken a back when he heard himself speak. “This is my voice.” He thought as the other shook his head.

  “Don’t be sorry, it was only 30 minutes late.” The male stated with a warm smile in his face before he took hold of the other’s wrist gently dragging him with him as he hummed softly.  

 “Lets have fun today Youngmin.”  

 “Fun?” Youngmin thought before he looked at the other’s back and could only wonder what kind of relationship they had, he could only wonder who the other was, and what surprised him the most was the fact that he was not freaking out or anything, he was as calm as ever. The fact that he was calm let Youngmin know that the other was a good person, and that made him feel rather safe inside.  

 “Thank you.” Youngmin whispered as the waitress placed the males coffee down on the table before she left to attend another costumer.  

 “It’s nice having a free day from school once in a while right?” The others voice broke the silence making Youngmin look up from his coffee to him. The other smiled and Youngmin could only nod as he took a small sip from his coffee.   “Warm.” he thought looking at the reflection on his coffee. “He feels really warm.”  

 “Youngmin.” The boy called.  

 Youngmin tilted his head to the side and he looked at the boy across from him “What is it?” He whispered and the other shook his head “Nothing.” He answered “I just wanted to hear your voice.” Youngmin blinked and he looked at the boy. “Who are you?” He thought as he watched the other eating his food calmly.  

 Youngmin then placed his chin on the palm of his hand and he looked at the world that was outside, the world that was separated by the glass window in front of him.  

 “You haven’t changed at all.” Youngmin heard the other say. “You are still as gentle and quiet as ever.” He chuckled to himself and placed the fork down before he put his hand together placing his chin on top of them. “You were always in love with the outside world “Ah, what’s so beautiful about that world?’ I would always ask myself that questions, but not once did I get the answer.”  

 Youngmin turned over to look at the other and the boy smiled at him. “But, I don’t think there is an answer for that, I think that the world outside is your own world, your own creation, so really...” The male paused “There is no real answer to that question.”  

 “No.” Youngmin said as he looked back outside “You are wrong.” He whispered “There is an answer to that question.”  

 “Why am I talking so much?” Youngmin asked himself.  

 “The world outside is beautiful because it’s real, and it’s unique. There is never two things that are the same, there is always something keeping it alive. The way the wind blows through the leaves and makes them dance is beautiful and it lets you know that you are alive.” The male explained. “The fact that everyone out there has a different expression reminds you that everyone is human. The world out there is beautiful because it lets us know that we are alive.”  

 The boy chuckled “So deep.” The boy stood up and Youngmin looked at him. “Follow me Youngmin.”  

 After paying both boys waled out of the coffee shop and they made their way to the part of the city where it was not so busy. Youngmin looked around and he place his hands inside of his jacket pocket as the night started to get a little colder.  

 “Hang in there, we are almost there.” The other told Youngmin.  

 Youngmin nodded and he followed the male watching him from behind. “Somehow it feels as if you are slowly slipping away.” Youngmin thought. “Somehow this feels like it will end soon.”  

 “Here we are.” The other hummed and pointed at a skyscraper. Youngmin looked up at the rows and rows of windows and he looked at the other confused. “We have to climb to the top.” The other informed before taking the males wrist dragging him inside the building.  

 “Who are you?” Youngmin thought. “What are we?”  

 Once in the top the male opened the door to the roof top and Youngmin snuggled his face into the scarf he was wearing as a gust of wind blew through his soul. “Cold.” He thought “He feels cold.”  

 The other headed over to the edge and he smiled placing his hand and arms up in the air. “Come here Youngmin.” The male said signaling him to come over. “Hurry, hurry, there isn’t much time left.”  

 “Time left?” Youngmin thought as he hesitantly made his way to the other. His feet started to go numb as he started to get closer. “Why does it feel like we are about to say out last goodbye?”  

 A tear slid down Youngmin’s cheek and the other placed his arms and hands down. “Youngmin?”  

 Youngmin stopped half way and the other smiled warmly at him before he headed over to him instead and engulfed him in a warm and tight hug. “Don’t cry.” He whispered. “Everything is okay.”  

 Without a second thought Youngmin wrapped his arms gently around the other’s frame and he buried his face on his chest. “Youngmin.” The boy whispered “I am Kwangmin.”  

 Youngmin’s eyes grew wide as memories started to flash in his mind. “Kwang---min?” More tears rolled down the male’s cheeks as he recovered every single memory he had lost and then it hit him.  

 “KWANGMIN!” Youngmin said cupping his brother’s cheeks. “You...”  

 Kwangmin could only smiled as his older twin looked at him with his sad eyes. “Don’t cry Youngmin.” Youngmin shook his head and he fell in his knees. “You, why?” He asked as Kwangmin knelt down in front of him taking his hand into his own.  

 “Warm.” Youngmin thought “He feels warm.”  

 “Live.” Kwangmin whispered to him placing his brothers hands on his cheek. “Please, live.” He whispered.  

 “Doctor we are losing him!” Youngmin heard a girl say. Kwangmin placed his hand on his head and he stood up walking to the edge.  

 “Clear!” Another voice said.  

 Youngmin held his chest and he looked around him as the world around him started to break like glass little by little. “No.” He thought shaking his head. Kwangmin looked at his hand and he turned around to look at hims brother. “Live.”  

 “NO!” Youngmin yelled startling Kwangmin.  

 “Why?” Youngmin asked looking down. “Why did you save me?”  

 Kwangmin smiled and he walked back to his brother lifting his chin up. “Because, there is a world out there waiting for you.” Kwangmin sat on the ground and slowly started to turn into little small light particles. “Youngmin live...” Kwangmin whispered and Youngmin looked at his brother disappearing.  

 “Don’t forget to smile.” Where the last words from the younger brother.  

 “He is not going to make it.” A girl said as she looked at the heart monitor.  

 “One more time.” The doctor said and the nurse looked at him as if he had grown another head. “B But doctor.” The nurse said. “NOW!” He exclaimed and the nurse nodded getting the defibrillator ready and she looked around “Everyone clear?”  

 The all stepped back and the girl closed her eyes and before she could shock the boys chest the heart monitor started to beep normally making all the nurses and doctors look at the heart monitor surprised.  

 “Warm.” Youngmin thought as his eyes slowly opened and he flinched as the light hit his face. He then turned around and saw his brother laying peacefully on the bed. A tear slid down his cheek and the nurse fell in her knees. “Impossible” She thought as the main doctor covered Youngmin’s eyes while another nurse covered Kwangmin’s face with a white blanket.  

 Youngmin gently held to the doctors hand as he cried silently.  

 “Who are you?”  

 Kwangmin smiled at him and he tilted his head “I am your little brother, Kwangmin.”

  Youngmin placed his hands together and he prayed silently and after a little he opened his eyes and looked outside and smiled when he read his brother’s name on the tombstone.  

 “How did you know I was going to make it, doctor?” Youngmin asked.

     “Because, just like Kwangmin you are special.” The doctor said and Youngmin looked at the sky closing his eyes as the Autumn wind slowly blew against him. “Warm.” Youngmin thought. “He is warm.”

     “So, tell me, who are you?”

      Youngmin turned around and he smiled at the doctor “I am a hero’s older brother.”

AUTHOR'S NOTESThank you for taking your time to read this