Chapter 1

Surviving in Seoul.

"Ack!" Seoyeon winced in pain. Her left leg got slashed by a long blade. "I got you now, time to surrender."The young man said, holding a syringe in his hand. They were in a quiet and remote valley on the outskirts of Seoul, so any form of noise pollution wouldn't be able to reach the city. "Get away from me!" She shouted. Just as he was about to plunge the needle from the syringe on her, someone jumped out of the blue and pounced on him.

After he finished him off, he walked towards Seoyeon. "I told you, you can't survive here alone" He held out his hand to help her up, but was smacked away. "Shut up Kai, I can handle him fine if it wasn't for you jumping out of nowhere" He smirked. "So much cockiness for a 17-year-old" She kept quiet. Kai sat down next to her and broke the silence. "You know, Suho didn't mean what he said and do. He still cares about you." 

"Yeah right, if he truly cares about me, he wouldn't have slapped me" Seoyeon lowered her head. Suho never hits her, so it was a pretty big impact for her.

"It's been one week. How long are you planning to hide?" He asked. The question was unavoidable, and has been ringing in Seoyeon's head for quite a long time. "I'll hide in the warehouse, nobody will find me there, i guess" 

"Pfft, it takes more than that to escape the eyes of 11, darling" He chuckled. Kai was right. He has been helping her getting away from them since she ran away from the mansion she called 'home'. He did persuade her in returning back to the mansion, but he also respects her decision into not letting the others know where she is. "He know he'll get into trouble, but what to do if a princess like her refuses to listen?

"You'll help me, right?"

He was speechless. It's not that he doesn't want to help her, but he wouldn't want Seoyeon to be in this state.

"Let's get you back to the warehouse" He stood up and carried her bridal style, since her left leg was injured, inflicted by the man who is dead now.

 

The warehouse was located at the outskirts of Seoul, that's why it's abandoned and dirty. Kai did not approve her living here at first, but Seoyeon's princessy-tantrum did put into good use on this. 

"Why are you living here anyway, it was a huge mess" Kai said, placing you down on the worn-out sofa. "Don't forget, vampires in the movies lived in this kind of place" She joked. "This ain't movies, missy, this is real life" He said, getting Seoyeon out of her movie fantasy. He handed her a small O+ blood pack in his blazer pocket. "Guessed you haven't had any since last month" Seoyeon grabbed the blood pack from his hands and started pouring them in . Kai simply likes to play doctor and sneaks into hospitals to steal blood packs. 

After Seoyeon finishes them, she wiped and said "You better get back now before they get suspicious" He looks at the time. 11:45pm. "You're right. But what about your wound?" Seoyeon just realised her left leg was wounded. "Don't worry, I'll go buy bandages tomorrow morning. I'll be alright" Even though her words isn't assuring Kai she'll be fine, but looking at Seoyeon's personality, she wouldn't let him stay any longer. "I'll be around when you need me." With that, he left the warehouse.

 

"Kai, why are you so late?" Baekhyun, who were sitting in the living room waiting for him, stood up and walked towards him. "Has everyone asleep yet?" He asked, taking off his blazer. "Mhm" He hummed. "Did you go visit Seoyeon again?" He asked. Besides Kai, Baekhyun is the only person who knew where Seoyeon is. But since Kai promised her he wouldn't tell anyone where she is, Baekhyun can't visit her, let alone bringing her back.

"Yeah, i did"  He mutter. "She almost got herself killed. Luckily, i appeared on time to save her" 

"Why don't you tell this whole thing to Suho? He is the most worried one, besides all of us. Xiumin has been skipping his work at the Cafe in order to find her, too" Baekhyun whispered, so that nobody could hear. "I can't tell him, he would bring her back by force. Besides, I have already promised her that I wouldn't tell anybody. She would be so mad at me if I made an empty promise. Xiumin is taking his final examination this year, he shouldn't focus on the Cafe so much" Baekhyun sighed. He knew by Seoyeon's personality now, she would cause a lot of trouble outside. "When she's ready to come back, she will. So don't worry that much. It's getting late, let's go turn in for the night" 

 

Seoyeon tossed and turn around the dusty bed. She couldn't stand the dust flying around the moment she moved. It's irritating her so much. She planned to go back to the mansion tomorrow, but she didn't want to look weak to anyone, anymore. She was silently hoping that her 'brothers' would find her and bring her back. She e more time, but this time, she didn't get irritated by it so much as her mind was already elsewhere. Seoyeon felt a tear fell down from her eye, without realising, she found herself remembering the incident that happened one week ago. 

flashback

"It's not fair, why can they get their own friends, but I can't?!" Seoyeon shouted. Seoyeon just wanted to have a human friend in school, was it too much to ask for? She was an outcast in school, mainly because her 'brothers' has been protecting her well enough to keep her away from anybody. Kim Jaehee was the only human that approached her after so long, and it was rare since almost the whole school knew that Seoyeon is 'untouchable' from her 'brothers' protection. 

"You know you can't, his father was part of the DEA, he's not like other kid! Who knew how many weapons he have at his home that is used against people like us?!" Yixing and Chanyeol was at the side, trying to calm us down. "Seoyeon, listen to Suho, he may be right" She wasted no time arguing back. "Why can't I live the life I want? Why can't I just be whoever I want to be?! Sometimes i wish i could be a human, living life just like any ordinary human!!" With that, her left cheek were met by Suho's hand. 

Silence filled the room. Yixing and Chanyeol was shocked and surprised. Suho lifted his hands, caressing Seoyeon's face. "Seoyeon... I didn't mean to-" His words were cut off by the sight of her tears falling off her eyes."You... You just slapped me.." She was in a moment of shock. "Seoyeon, please don't-" Before Suho could finish his sentence, she ran out of the house, greeted by the rest of the boys at the door. "Seoyeon! Uh.. Why are you crying..?" Luhan said softly, but did not get a proper reply from her as she ran away shortly after. 

 

 

~~~

Changed the name from Park YooRa to Song Seoyeon :)